Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Welcome to Password Mafia, a game for 15 players.

This is a relatively role-lite game with an unconventional mechanic. All non-town players in this game (Scum and any 3P) will be given a small, personal list of words at the beginning of each day. Successfully using these words in their posts will buff their abilities at night. Town obviously won't know what the words are, but you are aware of this mechanic. The words will be unusual (no common words like the, at, and, is, etc) but not completely outrageous (like callipygian or mimsy or pinguid). Think words like "conceptual" or "instrumentation" or "donated" which if cleverly used, could be thrown into a post without anyone noticing, but it's a risk. The words will get more difficult as the game goes on.

Standard Rules

• Days will be approximately 48-72 hours, Nights will be 24 hours. (Weekends count as 24 hours). Day 1 will be 24-36 hours.
  • Execution will be plurality
  • Thread will be closed at night
  • No fake day actions
  • No posting after hammer
  • No posting mod PMs
  • No editing posts
  • No outside communication unless your role says you're allowed
  • Results will be given in the form of "you successfully <blank> your target"
  • Once the game starts I won't answer any questions in thread. PM me if you have questions.

Anti-Lurker Rules:

• If you don't make at least 10 posts in a game day, you will be permanently ON NOTICE for the rest of the game. Tut tut!
  • If you are already ON NOTICE and do not make at least 10 posts on any subsequent game day, you will be FREELY LIGHTS OUT EXECUTABLE the next day. (Your execution will not end the day, but your flip will be posted at the end of the day!)
  • The above rules will be disregarded if hammer happens more than 24 hours before deadline or the game day lasts less than 24 hours (or otherwise based on mod judgment), and will hopefully only be in effect for the first 2-3 game days if you're all good people.

Town Wincon: You are Town and win when all threats to town have been removed.

Players
1) jimmy
2) Toal
3) Sal
4) Tired Moritz
5) MMM?
6) Gulag
7) Bif
8) MMT
9) Solus
10) Scumalong
11) Nep-Nep
12) DizzyCow
13) Kit
14)
15)

Asiina fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Feb 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I would like to observe this game

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
This sounds fun. Count me in.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Preeminent. Seminal. Dead gay forums. Subtle. 1234abcd. Check-It-Out. Serious. Love.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Toalpaz posted:

Preeminent. Seminal. Dead gay forums. Subtle. 1234abcd. Check-It-Out. Serious. Love.

What I'm getting out of this setup is that you and KR have a massive advantage as scum and should be sacrificed to the murdergods first

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SolusLunes posted:

What I'm getting out of this setup is that you and KR have a massive advantage as scum and should be sacrificed to the murdergods first

I can't disagree with this.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I just wanted to say mimsy

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'll play but I'll have to say that I'll get lynched day 1 as scum, surely.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i play

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

aaaaah I'm already in another game that's about to start but this gimmick sounds incredibly cool, I gotta sign up

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Small and role light you say? I will do the thing

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

nvm

Jump King fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Feb 12, 2019

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Sounds fun I'm in!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

I just wanted to say mimsy

SHUT UP MIMSY

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry to be a mimsy, I should probably not actually be in this game but I’m here for vocabular emotional support if you need it Asiina.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’d like to play but I’ve signed up for El Dorado and I’m alive in self-indulgent and i cannot do 3 at a time

Put me down as a tentative?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

I’d like to play but I’ve signed up for El Dorado and I’m alive in self-indulgent and i cannot do 3 at a time

Put me down as a tentative?

To clarify this sounds like a really cool setup but I worry about stretching myself too thin. Even my normally low quality of play is subject to getting even worse.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SolusLunes posted:

sorry asiina this wasn't a signup post, if I pick up a third game including avatar/self-indulgent it'll be el dorado, as awesome as this gimmick is

I will totally observe though

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

SolusLunes posted:

sorry asiina this wasn't a signup post, if I pick up a third game including avatar/self-indulgent it'll be el dorado, as awesome as this gimmick is

I will totally observe though

No problem!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I was going to try to stuff all the words used as examples in the OP in as foolish sounding a way as possible, but instead I will just say count me in.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

No problem!

now it is a signup post because I'm ded inside

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yes hello I would like to sign up officially

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh right, I had a game in signups :v:

tell your friends to join the game!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Since it's been over a week, it'd also be nice if people reaffirmed that they're playing!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Since it's been over a week, it'd also be nice if people reaffirmed that they're playing!

yep

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Yep

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I’m back in!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah I'm in.

DizzyCow
Jan 7, 2005

MASTER OF WIFOM
I'll sign up.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
Sign me up, please :)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I reaffirmed my entry but the more I think about it the more I realize I probably wont be able to play in this game with a decent level of participation. I'm going to have to withdraw sorry!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

I reaffirmed my entry but the more I think about it the more I realize I probably wont be able to play in this game with a decent level of participation. I'm going to have to withdraw sorry!

:negative:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I'm using five of my mafiacoins to unwithdraw toalpaz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I would like to observe