Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
WHY DOESN'T AEW SIGN MORE DIVERSE TALENT???

*AEW signs more diverse talent*

WHY DOESN'T AEW SIGN TALENT I'VE HEARD OF BEFORE???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I find The Elite as tiring as anyone else but takes like this are getting annoying

https://twitter.com/DanIsAYeti/status/1093707737584844800?s=19

They're bringing in Aja Kong! How much bigger a name could they possibly get?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, Aja Kong is a good get and it feels way too early to blow them off as not taking women's wrestling seriously. They're at least taking it more seriously then other top promotions and they're in a position to make stars of women who currently are not.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rovert posted:

It is a gimmick account that has banned several times before.
dont talk about yourself in the third person, lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/CharmCity25/status/1093975069569794048

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I love the consistent running theme of the biggest idiots always also being Alexa fans too or at least always using her reaction pictures/gifs in their "actually i'm the puppetmaster" posts

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I missed that Charm City Gamer (tm) was such a weirdo in his last go around that Keith Law (a well known baseball writer) dunked on him. Glad I was informed of this today by the Charm City Gamer Community.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

"despite probably never meeting her"

Izzy now desperately checking all footage/pictures of herself hoping this dude isn't hiding in the background of them

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I sent two tweets in August, you must notta gottem
Probably was a problem with the Twitter servers or something

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Had a feeling this existed. Think I can leave this one alone until I see someone tweeting about his next meltdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeE6Feav9fI

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I find The Elite as tiring as anyone else but takes like this are getting annoying

https://twitter.com/DanIsAYeti/status/1093707737584844800?s=19

They're bringing in Aja Kong! How much bigger a name could they possibly get?
Aja Kong is about on par as bringing in Trish Stratus for Women's Wrestling in America, except Aja Kong can still move and hit her spots and be over beyond her theme song hitting. Even if all Aja does is hit someone with her trash can and backfist people into 2020, she's still doing her job. I doubt it's going to be as sad as when CHIKARA brought in Manami Toyota in when she could barely do any of her spots a couple years back.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Basically for whatever the new signings may lack in "star power," they're exactly the type of smart, out-of-the-box signings that AEW can turn into stars with the right pushes. They clearly have big plans for Kylie Rae, who has the potential to be their top woman babyface. People like Sonny Kiss and Nyla Rose have an appeal that can extend much further beyond "filling a niche" in their roster (I think Kiss in particular is a massive breakout star waiting to happen). Using and featuring those people alongside the established draws (we all know Omega and Jericho are selling the tickets, but they won't be around forever) is how you build a well-balanced roster with both short- and long-term growth potential.

But yeah, AEW is actually a failure because Sasha Banks and The Revival didn't waltz up to the podium in their best Lex Luger Nitro shirts or whatever the gently caress these people were expecting.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'd never heard of Sonny Kiss before the AEW signing and I love him

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Like if Yuka Sakazaki isn't insanely over within minutes then the problem is with the fans and not AEW's hiring practices.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Benne posted:

Basically for whatever the new signings may lack in "star power," they're exactly the type of smart, out-of-the-box signings that AEW can turn into stars with the right pushes. They clearly have big plans for Kylie Rae, who has the potential to be their top woman babyface. People like Sonny Kiss and Nyla Rose have an appeal that can extend much further beyond "filling a niche" in their roster (I think Kiss in particular is a massive breakout star waiting to happen). Using and featuring those people alongside the established draws (we all know Omega and Jericho are selling the tickets, but they won't be around forever) is how you build a well-balanced roster with both short- and long-term growth potential.

But yeah, AEW is actually a failure because Sasha Banks and The Revival didn't waltz up to the podium in their best Lex Luger Nitro shirts or whatever the gently caress these people were expecting.

great post. I agree with everything. That's what I'm excited the most about, AEW homegrown talent. Giving guys a legitimate shot to get over on television and building new stars. Those things have been gone for so long from WWE

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I missed that Charm City Gamer (tm) was such a weirdo in his last go around that Keith Law (a well known baseball writer) dunked on him. Glad I was informed of this today by the Charm City Gamer Community.

the last CCG tweet there made me shudder irl

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

great post. I agree with everything. That's what I'm excited the most about, AEW homegrown talent. Giving guys a legitimate shot to get over on television and building new stars. Those things have been gone for so long from WWE

Yeah, I hate that so many people seem to want the thing to be a rehabilitation centre for their favourite WWE midcarder.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

the last CCG tweet there made me shudder irl

very :same:

it comes off exactly like he’s given a lot of thought to just where the metaphorical line is, and how closely he can sidle up to it and rub its shoulders as he stands right behind it

like, immediately behind that line

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yeah, I hate that so many people seem to want the thing to be a rehabilitation centre for their favourite WWE midcarder.

I don't think it's about rehabilitation, there are some exceedingly talented midcarders in the WWE who would add to AEW. Claudo Castagnoli was one of the very best wrestlers around at one point and while he's a decade older now I think he has plenty to offer. Doesn't mean I think he should walk in day 1 and beat Omega or whatever, but there are wrestlers who aren't used well by the WWE who don't necessarily need rehabilitation because they can go.

Doesn't mean they should sign everyone who walks from the WWE, I wouldn't want to see Sheamus but there's value in a guy like Cesaro working with the greener talent in AEW, he can elevate them.

Edit: for some reason I thought I was in the AEW thread, sorry.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Feb 9, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It would be good to see Cesaro pushed as a higher tier singles guy without necessarily making him a main eventer. The only other singles dudes from WWE I'd like to see jump ship are Finn and Andrade who should both be at a higher level than they are and they'd both fit in well with the roster AEW is putting together. Besides that there's not really any singles wrestlers who I think would or should end up in a higher position than they have at WWE.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

quote:

Yeah, whether people want to admit it or not, Vince is wrestling. Without him, there wouldn't have been WCW or ECW, it would have stayed in the territories and most likely would have died.

Add to that the wrestlers we know now wouldn't be here, without WWF Dwayne Johnson wouldn't have inspired a generation of people and became the mega movie star he is, without Jericho going to the WWF there wouldn't be a Kevin Owens, No one would have known who Mick Foley is, No Undertaker, no AJ Styles, no big spectacular show at the end of the year.

Vince changed wrestling from being a southern sport of wrasslin to a major phenomenon.

I just would like to see others given a shot without him vetoing everything or not giving anyone a chance.

Reddit is a treasure.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Web Jew.0 posted:

Reddit is a treasure.

Love to read history lessons written by people whose only source is WWE released DVDs like Death of WCCW.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/1092971560917291009?s=19

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised Dixie isn't Trump's small businesses person instead of Linda since they both hate the idea of paying contractors

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dixie is 50 something born into massive wealth from Dallas, Texas.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

rovert posted:

Yes, and?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Texas is a country. the small business administrator has to be born in the U.S.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

rovert posted:

you sat on this scoop a little too long, scoop kid

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Linda has the kind of money that buys a cabinet spot. Dixie doesn’t. She might have enough on hand to get an ambassador spot to Haiti.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

coconono posted:

Linda has the kind of money that buys a cabinet spot. Dixie doesn’t. She might have enough on hand to get an ambassador spot to Haiti.

Now if her dad decides the cabinet is the new toy he's buying for his idiot daughter, though...

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

coconono posted:

But have you considered that her voice, a side Dallas lilt, has its own smile? That's gotta count for something.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rovert posted:

And Linda never owned a small business.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

And Linda never owned a small business.

They had Vince's failed boxing and stunt promotion business!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

They had Vince's failed boxing and stunt promotion business!

I still cannot bring myself to believe that Vince McMahon was somehow never a used car salesman. I mean poo poo, have you seen his wardrobe?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

I still cannot bring myself to believe that Vince McMahon was somehow never a used car salesman. I mean poo poo, have you seen his wardrobe?

Given Vince's personality, thoughts on the old money rich and politics there are probably some retired car dealers in the Stamford area who were good friends with Vince and have some stories.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What was that interview Vince did where he talked about growing up in a North Carolina trailer home and the times he nearly killed his abusive stepdad? I don't remember details, but it was a shockingly revealing interview for a guy who's notoriously careful about his public statements.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Sounds like it was from the messed up Playboy interview he did.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Benne posted:

What was that interview Vince did where he talked about growing up in a North Carolina trailer home and the times he nearly killed his abusive stepdad? I don't remember details, but it was a shockingly revealing interview for a guy who's notoriously careful about his public statements.

I don't know if he said he almost killed his stepdad, but in that Playboy interview he definitely said his biggest regret in life was that his stepdad died before Vince could kill him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Didn't he imply (or outright state?) that he was sexually abused by his mother as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Jerusalem posted:

Didn't he imply (or outright state?) that he was sexually abused by his mother as well?

Yes