Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

This season has been pretty drat good all things considering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GreenNight posted:

This season has been pretty drat good all things considering.

Oh, it's leaps and bounds above what we were getting for a long time.

There's a supporting cast again, every episode isn't Winchesters shooting each other pained seeecret looks and the leads are generally likable again. Hell they've even managed to save a few people this season instead of loving over every single person they meet. The worst episodes now are like 'Well that was some blown potential,' and not holy poo poo hate watching.

Jesus that season after Sam backed out on closing the gates to hell was probably the absolute worst. It's hilarious to think the Angels have been crying about there only been a few of them left for like 7 seasons.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jan 30, 2019

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Man, Dean-Micheal was so. smug.

I really wanted Sam to punch him while he was cuffed.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Renewed for season 15.

https://twitter.com/mishacollins/status/1091100048463523841

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No, it was renewed for 15 more seasons.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

No, it was renewed for 15 more seasons.

I seriously hope they actually do this. Because I've watched the show hit rock bottom and built it's way back up and I'm sure it wouldn't be the last time. Just seeing all the actors running around in their 50s-60s+ still going would be hilarious.

That said they have to at least do 21 seasons so they can dethrone Gunsmoke as the longest running live action American TV show ever. (Frankly the Brits using Dr Who is flat out cheating given it's basically two different series)

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Did they not actually, literally say at some point that 14 was gonna be the last season? Am I imagining this, or did they change their minds again? We all know what happened the last time the show was supposed to end, and kept going.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spergatory posted:

Did they not actually, literally say at some point that 14 was gonna be the last season?

I think all they've said for the last 5 seasons is it will go on as long as everyone wants.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Boy, did they bury the lede with that "Lebanon" promo.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

It would be even better if they brought back our Michael but still never mention Adam

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Blazing Ownager posted:

That said they have to at least do 21 seasons so they can dethrone Gunsmoke as the longest running live action American TV show ever. (Frankly the Brits using Dr Who is flat out cheating given it's basically two different series)
Even if you don't count anything after 1989, Doctor Who still ran for way longer.

Tiggum fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Feb 3, 2019

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Tiggum posted:

Even if you don't count anything after 1989, Doctor Who was still ran for way longer.

Those were "Series" not "Seasons" :smug:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Why did Apocolypse Jimmy Novak have a German accent

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FireWorksWell posted:

Why did Apocolypse Jimmy Novak have a German accent

Frankly they should have gotten a German actor to play Apocalypse Castiel. I know they want to get Collins more screen time and that's fine and all, but it'd made infinitely more sense if he was just trucking around in some twisted German meat suit.

It made no sense with Novak because the in that timeline he was supposed to be the same guy up until saying yes. I guess if you want to head-fix it you could say Castiel maybe spent a bunch of time riding a nazi doctor or something?

FireWorksWell posted:

It would be even better if they brought back our Michael but still never mention Adam

I still hold Adam would be the most satisfying final-boss for anyone who's watched this from the start. They'll never do it, since 99% of the audience I doubt remembers who the gently caress he was but there's literally not a character in the entire show that has more reason to absolutely hate them (with justification). And villains with legitimate motivations are always the best.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blazing Ownager posted:

Frankly they should have gotten a German actor to play Apocalypse Castiel. I know they want to get Collins more screen time and that's fine and all, but it'd made infinitely more sense if he was just trucking around in some twisted German meat suit.

It made no sense with Novak because the in that timeline he was supposed to be the same guy up until saying yes. I guess if you want to head-fix it you could say Castiel maybe spent a bunch of time riding a nazi doctor or something?

I still hold Adam would be the most satisfying final-boss for anyone who's watched this from the start. They'll never do it, since 99% of the audience I doubt remembers who the gently caress he was but there's literally not a character in the entire show that has more reason to absolutely hate them (with justification). And villains with legitimate motivations are always the best.

Was he German or could he have been from somewhere else? Plenty Hungarian Novaks

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Plus it kinda seemed like he was a Nazi or leaned that way. Apocalypse world is different from here, so maybe the angel cas is the Nazi and not the host.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Plus it kinda seemed like he was a Nazi or leaned that way. Apocalypse world is different from here, so maybe the angel cas is the Nazi and not the host.

Plenty Nazi's from Hungary then and now.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Remember a hundred years ago when Death offered to put Dean on an uninhabited planet by himself for an eternity of wandering the not-earth alone? And that was too terrible so he shanked Death and they nearly destroyed the world, lol.

Now he wants to be locked in a box at the bottom of the ocean with an angry archangel? What a maroon.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Blazing Ownager posted:

They'll never do it, since 99% of the audience I doubt remembers who the gently caress he was

This has never stopped them from bringing back a character before... :shrug:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Facebook Aunt posted:

Now he wants to be locked in a box at the bottom of the ocean with an angry archangel? What a maroon.

It did dawn on me this is like the 4th time they've tried to do something like this.

I feel like it's yet another threat they don't know how to handle so sideline.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
To be fair, Death wanted Dean to kill Sam, because he was pretty sure Sam would always try to do something to fix Dean and his situation. Dean was gung ho about going to a new planet and killing stuff, up until Death told him he had to axe his brother.

I think if he'd have let Sam live and just cursed him or something to make him not remember Dean or put some kinda binding spell on him to make him unable to help Dean, Dean wouldn't have killed Death and caused all the weird bad poo poo to happen.

We got Chuck out of that though, so that was cool.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Facebook Aunt posted:

Remember a hundred years ago when Death offered to put Dean on an uninhabited planet by himself for an eternity of wandering the not-earth alone? And that was too terrible so he shanked Death and they nearly destroyed the world, lol.

This is gonna end like Angel season 3 with Dean in a box.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

What with Adam in a cage with a Michael and Dean building a cage to get locked in with a Michael, when's Sam gunna get himself a Michaelcage :ohdear:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Whalley posted:

What with Adam in a cage with a Michael and Dean building a cage to get locked in with a Michael, when's Sam gunna get himself a Michaelcage :ohdear:

"You go into the cage. Michael goes into the cage. Our Michael. Cage goes into the water. Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies..."

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

https://twitter.com/mishacollins/status/1093606706532282371

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

https://twitter.com/jarpad/status/1093607990077415424

:allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Poor Adam

https://twitter.com/jarpad/status/1093635390441967621

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Original pitch for the show. Baby was gonna be a 64 mustang, shameful.

https://twitter.com/therealKripke/status/1093557218346061824

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It's dusty in here.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I'm still 4 seasons behind on this show and can barely stop myself from reading spoilers or this thread, but had to post this friggin sweet Impala someone decked out and is selling on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Chevrolet-Impala/333057114999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoYXcqx2KFA

:aaaaa:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Give me the money to buy that because holy poo poo listening to tapes and driving in the car across America to get it back home would be absolutely loving worth it just for the dumb stupid idiot fandom moment.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Whalley posted:

Give me the money to buy that because holy poo poo listening to tapes and driving in the car across America to get it back home would be absolutely loving worth it just for the dumb stupid idiot fandom moment.

Not gonna lie, I've got a pile of cash waiting on a home purchase but had serious thoughts about spending some of it on this instead. I have done more than one search on Autotrader for black, 4-door '67 Impalas since I started watching this show...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

STAC Goat posted:

It's dusty in here.

Is...is someone chopping onions?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

It's dusty in here.

Incredibly dusty.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zachariah calling Castiel "Constantine" was hilarious.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

To expand, the story was a little low effort, the time line stuff was barely explored, and the first act with the kids was a little weird (although was that thing Supernatural loves doing where it starts an episode in one direction and then completely veers off in a different direction when something way more important comes up).

But the emotional catharsis after 14 years of pain and misery and heartbreak from the Winchesters for them to finally have that moment of happiness was amazing. And John happily sacrificing himself after that moment to protect his family and ending the episode with him waking up in Baby content was like the sort of thing I could have ended the series on and been satisfied.

This is gonna be one of those episodes I watch a bunch when it ends up on Netflix.

Also I'm pretty sure Max and co will be back.

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Adam "still in hell" dancing gif is like a quarter of the comments on that post. The writers have to know people want some resolution for Adam.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I kind of wanted someone to pull a Back to the Future on their father.

I know they wanted to go for the emotional thing but it all felt so forced I'd rather it ended on them fighting with Yellow Eyes, revealing Sam told him how not to die in the fight, thus preserving the timeline and still being alive.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Sirotan posted:

I'm still 4 seasons behind on this show and can barely stop myself from reading spoilers or this thread, but had to post this friggin sweet Impala someone decked out and is selling on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Chevrolet-Impala/333057114999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoYXcqx2KFA

:aaaaa:

No rocket launcher, no deal. :colbert:

I loved the 300th, though I wish it had been longer. Would have been good to spend more time with John, if anything deserved a Very Special 2 hr episode it was this one. They hit all the beats though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
My dream scenario is Adam getting out, hunting the brothers who have completely forgotten him.