Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Roger Explosion posted:

I went to a gallery with Da Vinci and she acted like a spaz

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I mean moreso than usual.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Herc have me a hoodie and a thumbs up so I'm not really sure what more anyone could want from an event.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
The scenes are honestly their own rewards, varying from hilarious to heartwarming. The chocolates and return gifts can have great art, and are worth more experience than a 5* CE.

I kept all of mine from last year, but since I found out about the archive showing all previously collected CEs in My Room, I'm ready to use them to level up a MLB CE.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I am teaching Drake the true treasure is friendship.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Most of this year's scenes are really great, so all the guys have good scenes! Sad for the girls that got theirs last time...

Gotta love how Medb doesn't stop gushing about Cu (and even Fergus) while giving you chocolates. Stop being so blatant, lady!

Arjuna giving you the arrow he killed Karna with is metal as gently caress, also

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Kirisugu just puts a gun and bullets on your pillow while you’re sleeping. :stare:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
It's to shoot the gacha when it gives you your millionth black keys ce.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

Is there any point to this chocolate giving thing apart from seeing a scene where a character gushes over the MC? I went to a gallery with Da Vinci and she acted like a spaz and then I got a not-really-a-card essence card that just drops more choc during the event. If that's all there is, I think I'll just stick to piling up the normal chocolate to limit-break this NP-boosting event card and to stockpile the items I'm going to need to pump up my Waver.

when you die irl the servants you got/gave chocolate will join you in the afterlife

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Has a Jeanne ever reacted to the hatchet job Shakespeare gave her in Henry VI?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Arbite posted:

She's French, he's English. It's probably covered under the "let's not restart the 100 year war in Chaldea" truce.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jeanne can be scary.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

jeanne already knows that the english can only disappoint

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Arbite posted:

That's the one no one ever reads.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Arbite posted:

She's more pissed about what he pulled on her in Apocrypha.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Jeannes got little sisters to take care of.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

and a big dumb twin sister

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Still a little sister since she was born second.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Jeanne probably doesn't know how to read.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Nah she knows how to read thanks to the Summoning System Knowledge Package. You know, the same one that lets Servants make weird pop culture jokes and references.

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Nah she knows how to read thanks to the Summoning System Knowledge Package. You know, the same one that lets Servants make weird pop culture jokes and references.

I think since Jeanne's illiteracy is part of her legend she actually didn't get knowledge of reading and writing as part of the summoning process. Jalter had to teach herself to be able to sign that contract, or whatever.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Stairmaster posted:

and a big dumb twin sister

Two of them now. God is testing Jeanne.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

In Xmas1 Jalter was learning to read/write as part of her attempts to become a proper heroic spirit/servant instead of the weird fake servant/phantom Gilles created her as in Orléans. She wanted to be able to write and sign the servant contract herself* because she likes you to show she is better than her original self. She wants to show she can learn it without it just being handed to her. Or that was my interpretation anyways.

Really though a lot of this is poorly explained (if explained at all) and what is explained in side materials often has questionable translation.

* I think you’re being a bit too literal on the contract, Jalter.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Ever since I had the realization that Avenger Jalter's (as opposed to story mode Jalter, who is dull and terrible) trollish side is more like a small child going through a rebellious phase in an attempt to establish her own identity instead of just being a tsundere my appreciation of her has increased about 300%

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Stairmaster posted:

when you die irl the servants you got/gave chocolate will join you in the afterlife

wow! maries in the afterlife!!

also casgilles, uh oh.....

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
the anime noose meme but its got marie in it

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Man if you wasted precious chocolate on Bluebeard, you deserve what you get

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

can't be worse than siegfried

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Mata Hari felt very, very :effort:.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Mata Hari felt very, very :effort:.

That's the way with a lot of the first wave Servants, I felt. Nero was also 'umu here is chocolate PRAISE me.' which is very in character but also super boring.

Altera's had some punch, I thought.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Summer Martha's chocolate scene made me feel pretty drat creepy.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Are the Valentine's scenes re-watchable anywhere in the game itself? Don't see anything under My Room, but it's possible I'm just missing something.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Gorgon's scene was both terrifying and also kind of tragic. She can't let her sisters see what she became...but still wants to give them chocolate.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

a kitten posted:

Are the Valentine's scenes re-watchable anywhere in the game itself? Don't see anything under My Room, but it's possible I'm just missing something.

Under the Materials tab, will be the story scenes for all of the main story and events.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Was there a separate scene for Mash giving you a chocolate? I can't seem to find it. I still have her chocolate from last year, so does it magically show up in my present box (and records) if I burn it?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

Under the Materials tab, will be the story scenes for all of the main story and events.

Aha! Thank you, i only looked under Servant's Records.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.
Mordred: "Oh, Valentine's Day? That's a thing? Okay fine, here's some chocolate, btw I already starting eating it, is that okay with you?"

I still love you even though you're a Valentine's failure, Mo.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Summer Mordred more than makes up for that scene at least, it's especially great voiced.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Mordred is the dumbest son and honestly I would be lying if I didn't say I kind of love it. Never forget her dumb summer ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Blight Runner posted:

Was there a separate scene for Mash giving you a chocolate? I can't seem to find it. I still have her chocolate from last year, so does it magically show up in my present box (and records) if I burn it?

iirc the mash chocolate scene came at the end of the event last year.