Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer
I never realized that Kid Rock's demographic skewed so far toward the elderly. Or did these people just age quickly, due in part to their lifestyle choices?

I think I answered my own question...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

green chicken feet posted:

I never realized that Kid Rock's demographic skewed so far toward the elderly. Or did these people just age quickly, due in part to their lifestyle choices?

i think it's more that the 00's was the only decade lovely enough to allow kid rock's music to make a splash and 20 years later the fans are no longer in their 20s and 30s.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

I'm going to guess that a lot of it is people who have been listening to rock and metal since the 70's. When I hit up Slayer's farewell tour there were a lot of people there with their grandkids. Kid Rock started in 1990 so his music is 29 years old. Isn't that much of a stretch that somebody who was 40 at the time would take a shine to it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Also sun does horrible things to lily white skin.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer
These explanations all make sense, and apparently I've been in (completely understandable) denial about how long Kid Rock has been around.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Kid Rock himself is 47.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I'm going to guess that a lot of it is people who have been listening to rock and metal since the 70's. When I hit up Slayer's farewell tour there were a lot of people there with their grandkids. Kid Rock started in 1990 so his music is 29 years old. Isn't that much of a stretch that somebody who was 40 at the time would take a shine to it.

This, too. His loving stupid song that is just “Sweet Home Alabama” with his stupid semi-rap banalities over it shows he knows his core audience is older than he is. “Sweet Home Alabama” came out in 1974, when Kid Rock was 3.

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 20:00 on Feb 9, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
He's also from Detroit.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

He's also from Detroit.

He’s from 92% white Romeo, Michigan. He grew up on a “gentleman’s farm” and had pet horses.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Don't forget the only people with money these days are older so it's going to skew because of financial reasons alone even if there are kids who are into his stuff.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Lots of Kid Rock facts itt

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

SatansOnion posted:

so privileged, he gets to use four different spellings of the word “privileged” when us plebs only get one

ftfy

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

jobson groeth posted:

Don't forget the only people with money these days are older so it's going to skew because of financial reasons alone even if there are kids who are into his stuff.

Nah. There's lots and lots of 20 somethings who make hundreds of thousands of dollars.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

thank you :tipshat:

guess that’s why I’m the poor and he’s the Job Creator

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nah. There's lots and lots of 20 somethings who make hundreds of thousands of dollars.

And listen to kid rock?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

jobson groeth posted:

And listen to kid rock?

Even Kid Rock doesn't listen to Kid Rock.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
cruises arent that expensive anyway theyre deliberately priced so that lower middle class people take them. a kid rock cruise is just a slightly trashier normal cruise

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I can't imagine even being able to take the time off work let alone pay for a cruise.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

rodbeard posted:

I can't imagine even being able to take the time off work let alone pay for a cruise.

Get a job on a cruise ship. That way you can have all the fun of work combined with hanging out with ageing rock fans.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

rodbeard posted:

Paying for a cruise is cheap. The expensive part is drinking on a cruise. And you will, because there's nothing else to do.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Remember that Rick Springfield cruise thread? Yeah, my wife went on two of them. :smuggo: huge Rick girl, that is a whole aug thing in itself, and quite the money maker for him.

My watery grave I think it was titled by lowtax? Lol

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Have you seen the kid rock pic where it says something like “kid rock looks like dr Phil dressed up as kid rock” you should it’s a funny picture, sure to get a chuckle out of ya in my opinion

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

oldpainless posted:

Have you seen the kid rock pic where it says something like “kid rock looks like dr Phil dressed up as kid rock” you should it’s a funny picture, sure to get a chuckle out of ya in my opinion

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Lots of Kid Rock facts itt

I really despise Kid Rock, so I know way too much about him. Anti-fandom,not even once.

On the “how do people find the time/money”:

Lots of my co-workers when I had an office job went on cruises. They’re usually not very long (the Kid Rock Cruise is 4 days/nights) and maybe $1200/person unless you get a fancy cabin? :shrug:

If that’s your big vacation for the year, a lot of people can swing that. Three or four days off work, $1200 including food and lodging.

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 07:14 on Feb 10, 2019

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

timg cause it's gross

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
HUMAN BEAN'S poo poo is a good user name

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
why is she just leaving a pile of moldy tampons on the ground in the bathroom for her disgusting family to play with

she is not without sin, dunno why she's huckin rocks

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
reads fake

i suspect fuckery is afoot :thunk:

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

why is she just leaving a pile of moldy tampons on the ground in the bathroom for her disgusting family to play with

she is not without sin, dunno why she's huckin rocks

right, nice victim-blaming there.... same thing as saying "she's not without sin, she wouldn't have been raped if she weren't wearing those clothes."

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Twat McTwatterson posted:

right, nice victim-blaming there.... same thing as saying "she's not without sin, she wouldn't have been raped if she weren't wearing those clothes."

Wow, what an amazingly apt comparison! Tampons being left on the floor, to rape! I'm throughly impressed at how far you can reach. Try again.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Do not encourage more bad posting.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

aaaaaaugh, no nono

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

text me a vag pic posted:

huh, wonder what she eats

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
^^ her poo poo is now eating him, does that make her a cannibal by proxy?

Twat McTwatterson posted:

She's not the victim here, the victim is the child growing up with mom's moldy pile in the bathroom, and dad calling them "mommy pickles"

I appreciate the attempt though

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AUG: Mom’s Moldy Pile

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Wow, at first I didn't read that huge wall of text because it was too long and now I regret navigating back to it by quotes to discover what possible loving context there was to tampon piles. :barf:

piss explosion
Apr 2, 2005
I THINK MURDER AND BIGOTRY ARE FUNNY!!
I'm the big yellow liquid poo poo

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

twistedmentat posted:

He's also from Detroit.

Oh, is that why his little party seems to be cribbing off ICP?

Or did these people just age quickly, due in part to their lifestyle choices?

Hatred ages people quick.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Sponge Baathist posted:

timg cause it's gross

text me a vag pic posted:

This is an exceptionally potent page.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe