Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

RBA Starblade posted:

It needs a flaming skull gif to seal the deal

Also an 'under construction' .gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rumours of Robert Pattinson as the next Batman?

https://www.quirkybyte.com/blog/2019/02/the-batman-robert-pattinson-dark-knight/

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/FilmClickbait/status/1093946901035024384?s=19

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Equeen posted:

They all look like they're wearing thick adult diapers.

William Shatner and Patrick Stewart were wearing pantyhose under their costumes during the horse scene in Star Trek Generations, due to chafing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Way too classy for a superhero movie. Then again, so was Nolan.

By the way, new Doom Patrol trailer has your first look at Alan Tudyk as Brotherhood of Dada leader Mr Nobody.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wtGnnLfTqA

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I still don't get why they included Cyborg in Doom Patrol.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Hollismason posted:

I'm more confused by the fact they insisted on getting his costume parts from Spirit Halloween.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Hollismason posted:

In all candour, it's probably because he's a black character who fits the theme.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I really wanted to contrast this with the arrival of the bandits in the Seven Samurai, and everyone running into position, but I can't find it online. Suffice to say, Seven Samurai, a film by a director who was a master of movement, creates an incredible sense of energy with a fraction of the resources.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Especially since they already have robotman filling in the role of “robot man”.

There’s 100% going to be an incredibly stupid scene where the two fight and robotman going “at least you have a dick!”

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

Snowman_McK posted:

I really wanted to contrast this with the arrival of the bandits in the Seven Samurai, and everyone running into position, but I can't find it online. Suffice to say, Seven Samurai, a film by a director who was a master of movement, creates an incredible sense of energy with a fraction of the resources.

The second half of your post reminds me of:

"David Ehrlich" posted:

Joss Whedon’s visceral understanding of cinematic geometry and his symphonic flair for choreographing movement allowed that marquee set-piece to galvanize the separate threads of the Marvel Cinematic Universe into a unified whole.
https://www.indiewire.com/2016/04/review-captain-america-civil-war-shows-the-best-and-worst-of-marvel-movies-289150/

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

thrawn527 posted:

I'm more curious why they made Black Widow's hair red again. Thus far in the trailer, it's not, and I doubt she takes the time to dye it, so it's not even marketing for the right movie.

You've got it backwards - she doesn't dye it red, she stops dyeing it blond. So when it's longer it's back to red, with the leftover blond on the tips.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Hollismason posted:

They already had Beast Boy in Titans and didn't want to double up, plus Geoff Johns loves Cyborg.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I took the blonde makeovers for Cap and Widow in Infinity War to be part of them being on the lam. They changed their appearances from the norm as part of hiding out. So it kind of makes sense that after Infinity War when presumably those issues are behind them Cap might get a haircut and shave and Widow might just go back to her old look.

But again, that bad image is apparently just some grocery store/third party website thing that I imagine someone just got some promotional images and then smushed together badly before they were supposed to do anything.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Seemlar posted:

You've got it backwards - she doesn't dye it red, she stops dyeing it blond. So when it's longer it's back to red, with the leftover blond on the tips.

Even so, I've been doing graphic design for 15+ years and if that isn't a photoshop paint job, I'll eat my own bones. It's especially apparent at the hairline, and the weird blonde haloing on the outside edges of the top of her head.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Fart City posted:

Even so, I've been doing graphic design for 15+ years and if that isn't a photoshop paint job, I'll eat my own bones. It's especially apparent at the hairline, and the weird blonde haloing on the outside edges of the top of her head.

It's almost certainly bad photoshop work for that image, but people were discussing whether it was some kind of mistake where the artist colored her hair the wrong colour - they didn't.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

What the gently caress

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Burkion posted:

That web page looks later than the time period the movie is even set- that's what, super late 90s, early 2000s web 2.0 poo poo right there?
It's a little picture and media heavy for mid 90s. That site would be a giant pain in the rear end to load on dialup 14.4k. Since we're on modern screens it's also missing the heavy dithering common to images of the time.

Aside from the Space Jam site, my go-to for fine mid 90s web design is http://www.saveoursailors.org

No Web2.0 stuff that I can see -- that was more flash heavy. It should be using FRAMES and maybe javascript to make a cool reflecting pool with waves effect somewhere though.

It's also missing an AOL keyword section.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

God every time I read a film review like this I just want to puke. Film reviewers seriously need to get some loving editors.

So many of them write like this!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Chris_Meloni/status/1092957291072999426

Sold.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Meloni is older than Affleck.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I only want a new Batman movie if the villain is going to be Mr. Freeze.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
That would own if and only if it’s the continuing story of the same guy Meloni played in Man of Steel, back from the Phantom Zone with his old flame Faora-Ul.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

That would own if and only if it’s the continuing story of the same guy Meloni played in Man of Steel, back from the Phantom Zone with his old flame Faora-Ul.

Penis pods was one of the best parts of the Kyrpton sequence.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Ferrinus posted:

Chris Meloni also voices Green Lantern in a few animated movies. How many DC characters can he be?! Also I hope this doesn't offend anybody but we can't have a bald Bruce Wayne. That's just crazy talk.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Chris Meloni also voices Green Lantern in a few animated movies. How many DC characters can he be?! Also I hope this doesn't offend anybody but we can't have a bald Bruce Wayne. That's just crazy talk.

Obviously Wayne Industries has a hairpiece division

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

bald pervert hatin' christopher meloni batman would rock,just interrogating everyone and breaking all da rules! #mybatman

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I Before E posted:

Obviously Wayne Industries has a hairpiece division

Lucius Fox sequence but with all the experimental tech built into Bruce's tactical rug

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
We can have a bald Bruce Wayne. Merloni has a good bod. Clearly Batman just had a lot of testosterone. Or open with Roxy Rocket having singed his hair off. Perhaps he was on a Monk Temple retreat. Perhaps he had to shave because he was under cover from a Black Death Metal Rock Band from Apokalips and needed ultra 80s hair wig.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I said come in! posted:

I only want a new Batman movie if the villain is going to be Mr. Freeze.

It's crazy to think they originally considered Patrick Stewart for Batman & Robin. I wish I could have heard him saying some of the ice puns from that movie.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Chairman Capone posted:

It's crazy to think they originally considered Patrick Stewart for Batman & Robin. I wish I could have heard him saying some of the ice puns from that movie.

I want to see this where they write it for Arnold and Patrick Stewart performs it

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Gatts posted:

We can have a bald Bruce Wayne. Merloni has a good bod. Clearly Batman just had a lot of testosterone. Or open with Roxy Rocket having singed his hair off. Perhaps he was on a Monk Temple retreat. Perhaps he had to shave because he was under cover from a Black Death Metal Rock Band from Apokalips and needed ultra 80s hair wig.

Bruce Wayne just made a full donation to Locks of Love, and the movie doesn't take place over a long enough time frame for him to not be bald. It's a real fad among Gotham's elite, which is why all the rich people will be bald while all the poors will have super sweet manes.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

The best Batman movies have been born from directors wildly riffing on the material. Meloni is as good a candidate as anyone to do something new with. It's not like a rogue shot will hurt the brand.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
To further his public persona as a rich douchebag, Bruce Wayne is never seen without a cowboy hat. Not even one that might be acceptable if Gotham City was in Texas either. One that Kid Rock wouldn't even be caught dead in.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I brought this up in Snyderome but do you all think we'll ever get a live-action adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns?

Given he already directed an adaptation of the other big revolutionary comic of the 80s, I'd love to see Zack Snyder's The Dark Knight Returns. BvS draws on TDKR but it is a Superman story first and foremost, featuring an evil Batman fighting the pure and noble Superman. For all the whining about Snyder, his works are very optimistic in their own way. There is not a trace of optimism in TDKR. Gotham City murdered optimism and stole its pocket change before dumping its corpse in an alley where it lay forgotten. Nevertheless it combines a distinct visual style, a lot of action and a more philosophical tone, all of which goes well with Snyder's style.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Not for another 20 years, at the earliest. We JUST HAD Batman fight Superman.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I love Meloni but fuuuuuck no, he's not the right fit at all. Meloni would make a better Joker than Batman.

Dr. Memory
Jul 10, 2001

Ah, fuck the end of the world.

Gatts posted:

I want to see this where they write it for Arnold and Patrick Stewart performs it

And now I want to hear Patrick do Conan's prayer to Crom before battle.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

Not for another 20 years, at the earliest. We JUST HAD Batman fight Superman.

Also, Nolan did part in TDKR too. And we had a two part animated adaptation. And they did part in Batman TAS. I've seen enough takes on that story by now, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

not that we need another joker right this second but the guy who plays the rich rear end in a top hat in Cold Pursuit would be a perfect Joker. He's like a combination of the older son on The Goldbergs and Patrick Bateman.