Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
They're currently clowning on the Preds again. Just gotta hope Jake Allen plays like a league average goalie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Preds are sloppy as hell, good thing they got Cody Mcleod to tighten things up.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

lmao Hamhuis with a pretty obvious embellishment there but Tarasenko is the one penalized

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Love when the refs don’t call super obvious trips because there have been too many other penalties called recently

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Thufir posted:

Love when the refs don’t call super obvious trips because there have been too many other penalties called recently

Consider it a makeup for the PP they were already on

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Blues good. Is it just a matter of Berube not being a terrible coach like Yeo was, or did something else (goaltending) spark this change?

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Mind_Taker posted:

Blues good. Is it just a matter of Berube not being a terrible coach like Yeo was, or did something else (goaltending) spark this change?

They got a rookie goalie rocking a .931

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Mind_Taker posted:

Binnington has continued his strong AHL play and they've also remembered how to play defense, outshooting their opponents for like 19 straight games or something. I would love it if Berube actually got better (are there examples of coaches whose first gigs didn't go great but then became good coaches?), but I know he's gonna end up scratching Maceachern or someone when Perron is healthy instead of the most deserving Pat Maroon

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Thufir posted:

They got a rookie goalie rocking a .931

You have to give Berube a little credit for that. He told Binnington to play well, not all coaches are savvy enough to do that.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Mike_V posted:

Binnington has continued his strong AHL play and they've also remembered how to play defense, outshooting their opponents for like 19 straight games or something. I would love it if Berube actually got better (are there examples of coaches whose first gigs didn't go great but then became good coaches?), but I know he's gonna end up scratching Maceachern or someone when Perron is healthy instead of the most deserving Pat Maroon

Mike Sullivan comes to mind. Bruce Cassidy also seems to be pretty good in Boston after sucking in Washington. Probably a few others.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

feel like the jets are going to get shitkicked again today

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Jake Allen strikes again, terrible

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Go Perds

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Lol, Saros would have had that if he was taller

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Gerblederp posted:

feel like the jets are going to get shitkicked again today

Jets don't lose 4 in a row except when they get embarrassed in a playoff series they should have won

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
What a goal by Forsberg

Also go Hawks or something

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Really glad they got Cody Mcleod to play 2:12 and cause a PK that they got scored on.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Why the hell are there 5 games starting at 3:00 today? Couldn’t they have staggered the starting times?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

If teams are playing Jake Allen, they really should just run their offense from below the goal line because Allen has to be the worst in the league at reading plays behind the net

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Too much man on the Wings!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Blues take at least 5 of 6 against TB/NSH/NSH, I'm happy with that. Blues are really bad at OT< though, so I don't think they're getting 6 of 6

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Whoops, hatty for Tarasenko and the Blues sweep the hardest 3 game series of their season!

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
Tank beasting today

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

That was a fun game.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Mind_Taker posted:

Why the hell are there 5 games starting at 3:00 today? Couldn’t they have staggered the starting times?

And yesterday 5 games started at 1 pm (and three more by 4 pm). As a European I like this weekend's schedule.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Appleton is gonna be awesome one day

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Kahun! :siren:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Big Kahuna :toot:

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Saad has been on a tear lately

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

I didn’t hate that period

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Strome! :siren:

Kahun doin' work today

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Strome! :siren:

Kahun with another great play

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Brent Seabrook trying his hardest to get the Wings back in it

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Those last 30 seconds were a bit terrifying, but other than that, great.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Chicago working very hard to ruin my perfectly good fantasy where they win the draft lottery

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

HootTheOwl posted:

Chicago working very hard to ruin my perfectly good fantasy where they win the draft lottery

They've decided to just win the Stanley Cup instead. :hai:

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Top line invisible again

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Copp though!!!

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
How does Perlini keep committing all these penalties

Adbot