Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

It'd be kinda funny if these "treats" turned out to be for dogs

I can’t lie that was my first thought when I read what he posted. Which is why I wanna see them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Thwomp posted:

Holy poo poo. My Costco today had these Kirkland steak treats.

Like thick jerky (so much so you have to refrigerate it after opening) and oh my god it is amazing.

PBUC

I love them, but if you put them in the fridge wait for them to come to room temp before eating them. They aren't very good when they are rock hard.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Thwomp posted:

Holy poo poo. My Costco today had these Kirkland steak treats.

Like thick jerky (so much so you have to refrigerate it after opening) and oh my god it is amazing.

PBUC

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Premium-Extra-Thick-Steak-Strips%2c-12-oz.product.100333696.html ?

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Those are the ones.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

priznat posted:

Those rule, I got a pack of korean spiced pork jerky this time to change it up and I hope they are good!

I can't buy this stuff anymore, I tend to eat it way too quickly and it is filled with sugar. Insanely good though.

wookong
Feb 10, 2019

Never been to Costco. No idea if there's any in the deep south. Maybe? Who knows.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

wookong posted:

Never been to Costco. No idea if there's any in the deep south. Maybe? Who knows.

https://www.redliondata.com/costco-store-map/

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

I can't see my state on this map #hashtag blessed

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

RoastBeef posted:

I can't see my state on this map #hashtag blessed

Uh, do you not live in the U.S. or...

Edit:nm I'm stupid I get you

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

lol get hosed wyoming

edit: and Arkansas and Mississippi

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 10, 2019

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

FCKGW posted:

Arkansas and Mississippi

Not opening in deep Walton country is just smart business.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My faith in the church has been shaken, friends. I was out of protein powder, and the 'co had a big ol' tub on sale. This kind:

How bad could it be?

It's loving disgusting. And instead of being white like most vanilla protein powder comes out, it was an incredibly unsettling shade of baby-poop green once I added my almond milk.

I have 25 servings left, and by God I will power through them somehow. I should probably try doctoring it by tossing in a banana or peanut butter powder.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

EXTRA THICK CUT

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

LadyPictureShow posted:

My faith in the church has been shaken, friends. I was out of protein powder, and the 'co had a big ol' tub on sale. This kind:

How bad could it be?

It's loving disgusting. And instead of being white like most vanilla protein powder comes out, it was an incredibly unsettling shade of baby-poop green once I added my almond milk.

I have 25 servings left, and by God I will power through them somehow. I should probably try doctoring it by tossing in a banana or peanut butter powder.

As long as you have more than 50% left they'll take it back without issue.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

BeastOfExmoor posted:

As long as you have more than 50% left they'll take it back without issue.

No poo poo! That's great to hear.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

LadyPictureShow posted:

How bad could it be?

I'm pretty sure Optimum nutrition vanilla is on sale at the 'co. You should get that when you return this.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'm super worried about my credit card refund e-mail. Last two years it came on the second of February. It's the 9th now!

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Just like how I advertise myself on Tinder.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Japanese costco now has margherita pizzas.

Gladly ate a slice along with my quarter pound hotdog with refill! Overall not bad, I think I might prefer it to the other pizza staples.

Bonus giant Toblerone!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

LadyPictureShow posted:

How bad could it be?

Please return it instead of powering through it. Not only do you get your money back, the 'co gets to know that at least one member thinks the product sucks.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

pnumoman posted:

Please return it instead of powering through it. Not only do you get your money back, the 'co gets to know that at least one member thinks the product sucks.

Now that I know I can bring it back instead of just powering through it, I'm going to!

Thanks guys; I'm not well-versed on Costco (it was strictly Sam's Club country where I grew up)

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Now that I know I can bring it back instead of just powering through it, I'm going to!

Thanks guys; I'm not well-versed on Costco (it was strictly Sam's Club country where I grew up)

With the exception of electronics (90 days) their return policy is really liberal. My understanding is that food needs to have more than 50% left. Other than that they're pretty liberal. I'm not sure how they deal with stuff without tags or original packaging, but I believe they will take it back assuming they can find it on your account. I'm always tempted to do something like buy a generator before storm season and just return it 6 months later if I don't use it.

It's probably a policy that works well for them. I buy a ton of stuff at Costco that I wouldn't buy at other stores because I know I can just return it if I change my mind or return/rebuy if it drops in price.

Here is the craziest return I've heard of:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Costco/comments/aat054/i_heard_yall_were_complaining_about_christmas/

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Grem posted:

I'm super worried about my credit card refund e-mail. Last two years it came on the second of February. It's the 9th now!

I got mine last week. They send an email a few days before saying the email is coming.

Also, the refund is huge, and despite that the card is a great card, this means I spend too much damned money.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

How bad could it be?

They stopped carrying the Kirkland muscle-milk collaboration from a few years ago. That was the best protein powder in terms of protein : sugar wrt. taste. The optimum nutrition chocolate is pretty good but a little more expensive. Its 30g protein : 3g carbs (1g sugar) : 1g fat and the taste is good with almond milk.

https://www.costco.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Performance-Whey-Isolate-Protein%2C-4-pounds.product.100084897.html

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

They stopped carrying the Kirkland muscle-milk collaboration from a few years ago. That was the best protein powder in terms of protein : sugar wrt. taste. The optimum nutrition chocolate is pretty good but a little more expensive. Its 30g protein : 3g carbs (1g sugar) : 1g fat and the taste is good with almond milk.

https://www.costco.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Performance-Whey-Isolate-Protein%2C-4-pounds.product.100084897.html

This is a great recommendation, and as someone with lactose intolerance it really makes me happy that it's isolate as well. Thanks internet posting pal.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

yeah the costco muscle milk was pretty good

I can vouch for ON though, I 've been buying it on/off since like 2006 but man it's gone up a loving lot in price over the years. used to be you could get like a 10lb bag or something for like $40

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Honestly the Kirkland steak strips aren't amazing or anything.

Keep an eye out fro Lorissa's Kitchen grass fed jerky, they have that at our Costco at least and it's way better and doesn't have to be refrigerated either.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Original_Z posted:

Japanese costco now has margherita pizzas.

Gladly ate a slice along with my quarter pound hotdog with refill! Overall not bad, I think I might prefer it to the other pizza staples.

Bonus giant Toblerone!

What the hell man I want that pizza!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

FogHelmut posted:

I got mine last week. They send an email a few days before saying the email is coming.

Also, the refund is huge, and despite that the card is a great card, this means I spend too much damned money.

I think I should call...I got an e-mail saying the refund is coming, but no refund :(

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

MarcusSA posted:

What the hell man I want that pizza!

yeah gently caress I feel ripped off that our US costcos dont have any cool like other countries; poutine, bulgogi bakes, margarita pizza, jacketed potatoes, etc

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Taima posted:

Honestly the Kirkland steak strips aren't amazing or anything.

Keep an eye out fro Lorissa's Kitchen grass fed jerky, they have that at our Costco at least and it's way better and doesn't have to be refrigerated either.

Based on that pic of sauce, I'm assuming it has a bunch of added sugar?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Xaris posted:

yeah gently caress I feel ripped off that our US costcos dont have any cool like other countries; poutine, bulgogi bakes, margarita pizza, jacketed potatoes, etc

Dont forget the fried chicken at Canadian Costco.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Based on that pic of sauce, I'm assuming it has a bunch of added sugar?

The vast majority of commercial beef jerky contains 4-6g added sugar per ounce, including this one. If you are looking for no sugar added beef jerky you are going to be looking for varieties that are labeled paleo or keto (or going to a specialty source/butcher), and for the most part, you'll be paying MUCH more for the privilege.

The reason for that is simple... sugar adds a substantial amount of weight, so it's kind of a win-win for the manufacturer. Most people don't feel like spending $25 a pound for their beef jerky, so your options become a lot more limited.

There's an incredible butcher by my house that sells super expensive sugar free jerky, and it's the best poo poo ever, but I usually only buy it as a present for myself around my birthday each year because it's hard to drop $50 and walk out with a pretty small bag of jerky, no matter how good it is.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i present to you the most random thing i've found at Costco.

alcoholic otter pops

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.

Taima posted:

The vast majority of commercial beef jerky contains 4-6g added sugar per ounce, including this one. If you are looking for no sugar added beef jerky you are going to be looking for varieties that are labeled paleo or keto (or going to a specialty source/butcher), and for the most part, you'll be paying MUCH more for the privilege.

The reason for that is simple... sugar adds a substantial amount of weight, so it's kind of a win-win for the manufacturer. Most people don't feel like spending $25 a pound for their beef jerky, so your options become a lot more limited.

There's an incredible butcher by my house that sells super expensive sugar free jerky, and it's the best poo poo ever, but I usually only buy it as a present for myself around my birthday each year because it's hard to drop $50 and walk out with a pretty small bag of jerky, no matter how good it is.

Buy big John's bulk jerky down in sa-mart. Better and cheaper than Costco if you buy enough.

https://www.bigjohnsbeefjerky.com/bulk-jerky

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

tacosupreme posted:

Buy big John's bulk jerky down in sa-mart. Better and cheaper than Costco if you buy enough.

https://www.bigjohnsbeefjerky.com/bulk-jerky

They got Costco sizing for sale as well.

115lbs for $3k.

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.

Moey posted:

They got Costco sizing for sale as well.

115lbs for $3k.

It's 44% off when you buy that much

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Chinatown posted:

i present to you the most random thing i've found at Costco.

alcoholic otter pops

as cool as this is uh.... how are you supposed to freeze it without dry ice?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
8% should freeze, 5% beer will freeze easily. I'm not a chemistry major either but I think sugars will allow it to crystalize faster too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Most liquor stores I've been to sell the frozen tubes margaritas. Normally like 1.50-2.50 a tube.