Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
They're really sweet, not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

They're basically malt beverage/wine coolers, it's not *actual* margarita.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
2 Tums : 1 margarita tube

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

pacerhimself posted:

8% should freeze, 5% beer will freeze easily. I'm not a chemistry major either but I think sugars will allow it to crystalize faster too

Sugars will reduce the freezing point, making it more difficult to freeze at consumer freezer temperatures, but it'll make a nice slush at least. Even wine at ~13% abv will mostly freeze. :science:

I'm a food scientist, and I made something similar to this in my senior design class.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
are the costco protien powders any good

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

priznat posted:

The costco CC in Canada is a Mastercard for some reason and I never use it because their website/app for checking statements is so terrible I hate it.

Website seems fine to me and offers free credit score checks. We use it for everything and just got our cashback cheque for $938 Canadian dollars :getin:

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Clawtopsy posted:

I got the big gold standard bag and I’m very happy with that purchase. I checked amazon when I was at the store and the Costco savings were superior.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Scornful Sexbot posted:

I got the big gold standard bag and I’m very happy with that purchase. I checked amazon when I was at the store and the Costco savings were superior.

Big bag of ON Gold standard is good poo poo. The artificial vanilla is a little strong but it's good quality.

I'm not a huge fan of the Kaizen brand stuff, the quality of the protein is really good but it tastes very chalky IMHO.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Does this mean Cosctco card holders in USA and Canada can't use their respective card while visiting the other country? Sucks if true.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Does this mean Cosctco card holders in USA and Canada can't use their respective card while visiting the other country? Sucks if true.

When I lived in Japan I used my US Costco membership just fine so I doubt it.

Azuren
Jul 15, 2001

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Membership cards should work (US and Canada definitely do). The co-branded credit card (Visa in US, Mastercard in Canada) might. My local warehouse does accept the co-branded Costco Mastercard as payment, at one point it was a local trial but may be nation-wide by this point. Supposedly at some point the Costco Visa was supposed to be accepted in Canadian warehouses, but I'm not sure when/if that was set up.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Yea my mom lives in Taiwan but uses her card just fine in the US when she's here.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Azuren posted:

Membership cards should work (US and Canada definitely do). The co-branded credit card (Visa in US, Mastercard in Canada) might. My local warehouse does accept the co-branded Costco Mastercard as payment, at one point it was a local trial but may be nation-wide by this point. Supposedly at some point the Costco Visa was supposed to be accepted in Canadian warehouses, but I'm not sure when/if that was set up.

I meant to say credit card, good to know, thanks!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Costco has really good prepared protein shakes. Premier Protein I believe.

Chocolate and vanilla are fine. I thought I'd like the banana but I don't think it was very good.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 16 minutes!

Clawtopsy posted:

protein is protein is protein.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Went in for two things, left with a cartful of stuff and $400+ poorer.

drat you Costco, you evil temptress :argh:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Silly Burrito posted:

Went in for two things, left with a cartful of stuff and $400+ poorer.

drat you Costco, you evil temptress :argh:

I go to Costco a lot. Yesterday, I only got what I came in for, and the cashier who knows me said, 'Wow you stayed under $100 today good job!'. Also, the membership checkers said I don't have to show my card any more.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Yes and no.

Not all powders are worth their price. The ones Costco sells are good yes but there are much cheaper alternatives that are just as good.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation

MarcusSA posted:

Yes and no.

Not all powders are worth their price. The ones Costco sells are good yes but there are much cheaper alternatives that are just as good.

oh yeah, obviously get the cheapest one that isn't like out of a dude's trunk

i just do gold standard on amazon.

i know there was a spreadsheet somewhere that was updated with most recent cost per pound online.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

oh yeah, obviously get the cheapest one that isn't like out of a dude's trunk

i just do gold standard on amazon.

i know there was a spreadsheet somewhere that was updated with most recent cost per pound online.

ON is pretty much the best and my protein.com is up there as well.

I’d definitely trust whatever Costco stocks though. Time and time again they’ve shown they are willing to make sure they have the best stuff.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I've been buying the Kirkland brand nutrition shakes but when I went on Saturday to both Co's in my city neither had them.

One of my daughters doesn't eat a varied enough diet so we buy these for her for her school lunches. They were cheap and good. A few months ago the box color changed and from reading on the Coscto site it seems they changed the formula too and everyone hated it. My daughter never said anything but she is young so might not really have noticed or cared too much.

I am hoping they pulled them all to go back to the old formula. Ensure and the other shakes like it are way more expensive.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Clawtopsy posted:

the musclepharm combat cookies and cream is really tasty and a good price point

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Especially when it goes on sale every 4 months to like $35 a bigass jar. Keeps forever so get as many as you'd go through in 5 months.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

musclepharm combat cookies and cream

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Myprotein brand hurts my gut

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018
My God protein supplement sipping swole bros are like the biggest pussies on the planet. loving hurts my gut wahhh it tastes bad Jesus Christ.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Big Data posted:

My God protein supplement sipping swole bros are like the biggest pussies on the planet. loving hurts my gut wahhh it tastes bad Jesus Christ.

You sound like you need to go to Costco and remember what it's like to treat people nicely

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Why not just eat steak constantly for protein?!

STEAK!!!!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Blend a buncha DAWGs into a smoothie.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation

priznat posted:

STEAK!!!!

rip your arteries.

side note i grilled up a costco steak tonight. perfectly medium rare

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018

FizFashizzle posted:

rip your arteries.

Weird. I was using a clone-a-rectum kit for your husband's sexual gratification and the mold came out of me looking exactly like that.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Don’t knock the guy’s holey dangly steak.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

rip your arteries.

happy to have you with us mr. trump

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I believe Costco sells those massive containers of Heinz's best for your steak eating pleasure

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FizFashizzle posted:

Eh, not always. A few years ago in YLLS, everyone jumped on this brand of protein that was impossibly cheap. It tasted fantastic and everyone loved it.

Then a goon chemist took it to work and analyzed it. All sugar and some other fillers with a small amount of protein.

Sometime it's best to get tested name brands like ON.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

priznat posted:

STEAK!!!!

this is a real thing
https://www.instagram.com/shawnbaker1967/?hl=en
http://meatheals.com/

they are kind of nuts, obviously

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FizFashizzle posted:

rip your arteries.

Holy poo poo lmao

It was prob gud i bet tho

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Holy poo poo lmao

It was prob gud i bet tho

Some say yes still chewing to this day

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Azuren posted:

Yeah, I think it's been globalized now. Costco Japan uses Mastercard too and when I visit the American locations I can use it at checkout. The Japanese card at least is really plain and doesn't have the Costco logo on it so they don't always make the connection at first, but if you tell them to run it then it'll go through. The old cards were kind of cool but then they were updated.

Went from this:

To this:

Original_Z fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Feb 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Bought a pack of costco DAWGs and a costco cherse cake for my sistrrs bday.

Wrapped those bad boys in bacon but they are so beefy long that they needed TWO slices of bacon to cover them!

They were delicious. Also I burnt the poo poo of them. Medium rare :discourse: