Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
So, does anyone have stuff they use to automate dealing with at least some of the planets? Last game I quit even before the end game crises happened because I had 30+ planets and absolutely did not want to go through each one nonstop, but found the sectors were...let's go with "lacking." If there was (or is without me knowing it) a way to even just take planets off my list, or only show planets that have unemployed pops or need housing, it'd make life way easier, as, by the time I hit that point, I have the resources to just dump a planet full of districts immediately and shrug off the power costs while it fills up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Lmao at lovely fungal space cows. Turn xenophobic and flip them to livestock or authoritarian to at least enslave them. It's how it should be

Repugnant will increase xenophobic if the faction doesn't already exist for you to embrace

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

ProfessorCirno posted:

So, does anyone have stuff they use to automate dealing with at least some of the planets? Last game I quit even before the end game crises happened because I had 30+ planets and absolutely did not want to go through each one nonstop, but found the sectors were...let's go with "lacking." If there was (or is without me knowing it) a way to even just take planets off my list, or only show planets that have unemployed pops or need housing, it'd make life way easier, as, by the time I hit that point, I have the resources to just dump a planet full of districts immediately and shrug off the power costs while it fills up.

The automatic resettlement mod I linked a few pages back completely eliminates late game pop micro. Just set districts and forget mostly just add buildings from time to time

The fact that you can't auto queue a fully upgraded tier 3 building is annoying but I'm sure there's a mod somewhere for that too

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
I thought Awakened Empires eventually fell apart after enough time had passed but apparently not. My current game has an AE Regulators with about 500k worth of fleet power and is kicking the poo poo out of everyone. They even took out the Scourge in about a year because they landed on the other side of the galaxy from me. About 200+ years after they awakened they're still going strong as I slowly build up enough fleet strength to try and challenge them. Is there any way to stop AEs aside from huge slog wars? I'm thinking of grabbing the Colossus project just so I don't have to claim every drat system in the galaxy.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I also have an extremely undeveloped nation above me - no planets except the starting one, lots of territory, plenty of expansion candidates. On ironman so can't console over to see what the bottleneck is so that problem hasn't been fully fixed yet

While you're here, don't miss the one from earlier with the typo in the Amenities jobs file - it says < 10, < 5 for the highest priorities when it should be < -10, < -5 (it's in my post history)

That's odd, they should convert:

quote:

#############
# Machine buildings
#############
building_robot_assembly_plant = {
base_buildtime = 360
base_cap_amount = 1

category = pop_assembly

potential = {
owner = {
is_regular_empire = yes
NOT = { has_policy_flag = robots_outlawed }
}
NOT = { has_modifier = slave_colony }
}

convert_to = {
building_machine_assembly_plant
}

And yeah, I saw the amenities weights post, but I had already found that myself. Job weights! :negative:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Darkrenown posted:

That's odd, they should convert:

Might be due to being DA rather than a "straight" ME?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Nope, just tested it for both DA and DE, they both keep the Robot Assembly Plant (and the robots, which stick around, can't be upgraded further down the synth path and can't have their rights changed)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

GamingHyena posted:

I thought Awakened Empires eventually fell apart after enough time had passed but apparently not. My current game has an AE Regulators with about 500k worth of fleet power and is kicking the poo poo out of everyone. They even took out the Scourge in about a year because they landed on the other side of the galaxy from me. About 200+ years after they awakened they're still going strong as I slowly build up enough fleet strength to try and challenge them. Is there any way to stop AEs aside from huge slog wars? I'm thinking of grabbing the Colossus project just so I don't have to claim every drat system in the galaxy.

I think that I'm nearing the end of my first game, but when War in Heaven started I joined up under the AE that was right on my border and then I carved out all of the remaining territory around them for myself. Now they're nice and contained. I then carved a path of destruction to the other AE and took all of their systems.

I was building up and preparing for an independence attempt when extradimensional invaders suddenly showed up on the other end of the galaxy and I felt like I should try to contain that somewhat first.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Nobody knows about the megastructures? I'm playing the beta branch and they definitely told me what they did when I held over them before, but now they don't. I've got no idea what my interstellar assembly actually does if I look at it in game, it doesn't give me any in-game info whatsoever!

In other news I had an event where I got half-breeds with a caravan super early on but it actually left me robots. Those robots now generate leaders with the loving STRANGEST names. Admiral Yellow, Colonel Pain, all sorts of weird stuff.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Taear posted:

Nobody knows about the megastructures? I'm playing the beta branch and they definitely told me what they did when I held over them before, but now they don't. I've got no idea what my interstellar assembly actually does if I look at it in game, it doesn't give me any in-game info whatsoever!

In other news I had an event where I got half-breeds with a caravan super early on but it actually left me robots. Those robots now generate leaders with the loving STRANGEST names. Admiral Yellow, Colonel Pain, all sorts of weird stuff.

I've found that the description for that comes and goes based on ???? . Sometimes it's shown and sometimes it's not. It's been that way since Megacorp came out. I didn't even notice that the Science Nexus also increased research speed in my first few games because the tooltip didn't show it until a few games later. Even now it can show up as normal, I leave the system view and do something and then go check it again, and the description is gone. Then it comes back a little while later. In short, not a clue what's going on.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
So speaking of Federal Republics of Mankind but whats the best way to accomplish something like.... Mankind for some reason got spread to a bunch of different worlds Stargate style and you're y'all the same species but just different ethics? Is there a way of doing this?

Similarly I'd love some version of Stellaris where Earth is some neutral ground controlled by the UN and you're like one of the super powers/alliance blocks colonizing different directions in the galaxy; sorta like Rome Total War.

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug
Create a bunch of different human empires with different governments and ethics, and set them to force spawn in your game from the empire selection screen. You'll have to create as many as you'll have set for the number of AI empires in your game.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/dmoregard/status/1095316574918053889

Nice!

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Clearly someone realised that the Admin Cap perk was now better in nearly all scenarios. Buff is good; makes the perk less basic.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Is there an up to date "getting started" guide?

I bought the base game, no dlc yet. Deadset on being rear end in a top hat humans for the first game until something says "settle down, mate" and swats me down.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
It's either admin cap or plus 10% research speed either way for me. Hopefully they also do something to make the megastructure perk easier to get since it's so late game in practice.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

dogstile posted:

Is there an up to date "getting started" guide?

I bought the base game, no dlc yet. Deadset on being rear end in a top hat humans for the first game until something says "settle down, mate" and swats me down.

https://www.strategygamer.com/articles/stellaris-tips/

Buy apocalypse, build a planet killer then use it on some fallen empires holy worlds outside their territory.

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/stellaris/info/

Keep checking this for DLC deals, I think you just missed a big one after the release of Megacorp. I picked up the game and all the DLC except Megacorp for about $35.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Cheers man, appreciate it. Time to read!

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

oooh that's a lot more attractive now for sure, anything that let's me get the ascension perk required techs I need on time is a must have for me

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Anyone have strong feelings about the traits and civics I should put on a machine intelligence? I'm struggling to find a reason not to play Exterminators, those bonuses are so good.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PittTheElder posted:

Anyone have strong feelings about the traits and civics I should put on a machine intelligence? I'm struggling to find a reason not to play Exterminators, those bonuses are so good.

Exterminating all other life in the galaxy is Not Nice. :colbert:

Edit: Lord Palmerston

prefect fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 12, 2019

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
Could use a second opinion on some min-maxing civic-choice and traits.

Civics (Pick One): Byzantine Bureaucracy, Mining Guilds, Aristocratic Elite

Leaning toward BB simply for the -10% Amenities and -10% Housing and the Administrator Job from the Bureaucratic Complex (for an additional +8 Amenities).

But Aristocratic Elite also seems quite strong, as it gets me a Noble for +5 Stab / +5 Amen from the Cap, and then another Noble from Noble Estates. From some games Noble Estates is a bit hard to build since it's a building slot for just one job.

Mining Guilds seem strong in the early game but might not be as strong as it once was with the vastly increased amount of Minerals from space stations...?

Traits (Pick 2 Positive): Industrious Charismatic RapidBreeders

Leaning towards the first two, purely for the extra oomph in the early game. Though if I were purely minmaxing early game, then I should consider Industrious/RapidBreeders? (But theoretically later in the game my species won't be the only one in my empire, and having a pop that can do +20% Amenity production -- which might be Ruler class as well -- seems super strong for Charismatic).

Traits (Pick 2 Negative): Fleeting Solitary Deviants Decadent Sedentary Wasteful Weak

Fleeting seems like a free pick since leader life extension techs come early and often.

Solitary I'm more split on -- 10% Housing increase seems significant (and sort of cancels out part of BB).

Deviants -- Not really sure how negative this is. I haven't had issues with divergent factions, but am not sure whether I will if I don't play Spiritualist.

Decadent -- This might a free pick in an Auth empire where I have a lot of lesser pops doing the grunt work? But might be a bit of a penalty early game before those pops are in place.

Sedentary -- How much of an impact is the reduced growth from immigration? Does that slow pop growth on colonies? If so that's a deal breaker, not to mention the increased Resettlement cost seems bad for early game (and late game).

Wasteful --- Given how important consumer goods are and how easy is to run out of them, I think this is really bad negative.

Weak -- This seems worse than it once was -- reduced worker income and the need to build more armies than usual.

From that I think I'm leaning toward Fleeting + one of (Deviants, Decadent, Solitary) but am not really sure how to evaluate those three against each other. Not sure if I'm missing something I should consider in my analysis. I suppose the negative traits are ~reasonably~ well balanced now compared to 1.0 when there were some clear Free Picks.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

alcaras posted:

Of those I'd pick Byzantine Bureaucracy, but I more prefer Efficient Bureaucracy. Sure, lategame it's a drop in the bucket, but it gives you more admin cap when you need it most (the beginning). I agree Mining Guilds don't seem all that impressive now. Police State is also great for the +5 Stability and Citizen Service is also great for the +15 Naval Capacity, if you wwant some other options.

alcaras posted:

Same note re: Industrious. Why not Strong, for all worker output if more minor, or Intelligent, for all research? Charismatic looks good, but I'd definitely take Rapid Breeders.

alcaras posted:

Traits (Pick 2 Negative): Fleeting Solitary Deviants Decadent Sedentary Wasteful Weak

Of these, I'd pick Deviant and Sedentary. Fleeting is a trap; you'll be bleeding energy. Deviants you can usually live with and Sedentary you can work around. Solitary would be the next I'd choose.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Mining guilds goes extremely well with mechanist.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Martout posted:

oooh that's a lot more attractive now for sure, anything that let's me get the ascension perk required techs I need on time is a must have for me

Most of those aren't rare though are they? Psionics and mega-engineering are, but I think those are the only ones. And it might not be that useful for mega-engineering since the tech pool is getting really shallow by then anyway. So it probably actually makes it harder to get most ascension perk pre-reqs.

Still a nice bonus though, even if a lot of rare techs (especially engineering ones) kinda suck.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

PittTheElder posted:

The problem with exterminators is that it's easy for your game to end in a weird way because say an AI has a gigantic federation fleet and suddenly murders you out of nowhere.
Or you're near some people at the start who out of nowhere declare on you and murder you.

I guess that's technically the case with anyone but it's more obvious and painful with exterminators.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Taear posted:

The problem with exterminators is that it's easy for your game to end in a weird way because say an AI has a gigantic federation fleet and suddenly murders you out of nowhere.
Or you're near some people at the start who out of nowhere declare on you and murder you.

I guess that's technically the case with anyone but it's more obvious and painful with exterminators.

Yeah, I really hate the badboy civic starts. On the other hand, I really appreciate not having to make claims towards the end of the game, so usually head for the Colossus Project.

Idea - there should be an ascension perk that just gives you the Total War CB without requiring Titans + Citadels + stalling for years while you build a Colossus.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

ulmont posted:

Of these, I'd pick Deviant and Sedentary. Fleeting is a trap; you'll be bleeding energy. Deviants you can usually live with and Sedentary you can work around. Solitary would be the next I'd choose.

I've never had a problem with Fleeting costing you very much energy; the amount of leaders you wind up hiring is tiny compared to the other energy costs in the game. Sedentary is a far larger cost in energy, I've yet to play a game where I wasn't resettling people all over the place. If you're a non-Hive you do have the decision to push all the growth on a planet into emigration, but then Sedentary hammers you on pop growth.

Taear posted:

There is that problem. But playing on Grand Admiral means that happens with annoying regularity anyway. At least with a badboy civic you have stronger fleets to compensate.

ulmont posted:

Yeah, I really hate the badboy civic starts. On the other hand, I really appreciate not having to make claims towards the end of the game, so usually head for the Colossus Project.

Idea - there should be an ascension perk that just gives you the Total War CB without requiring Titans + Citadels + stalling for years while you build a Colossus.

Colossi don't even give you the Total War CB anymore I'm pretty sure. In one of my games I actually saw the AI complete the project, but I did not get an End Threat CB.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Staltran posted:

Most of those aren't rare though are they? Psionics and mega-engineering are, but I think those are the only ones. And it might not be that useful for mega-engineering since the tech pool is getting really shallow by then anyway. So it probably actually makes it harder to get most ascension perk pre-reqs.

Still a nice bonus though, even if a lot of rare techs (especially engineering ones) kinda suck.

I might be conflating the one needed to start the bio ascension with the one that's made available on picking the first one actually but still though, I spend entirely too many clicks and energy credits trying to find a psionics expert in my psionics games and I usually pick tech ascendancy anyway (yeah yeah I know it's not great but I'm a sucker for research)

mastery of nature is quite strong for determined exterminators btw because your starbases cost a pittance of influence anyway and you don't have to spend any on claims either so you'll almost certainly have enough to pop it on your homeworld as soon as it's needed, at least it felt like I got a lot of mileage out of it already in my current game

PittTheElder posted:

Colossi don't even give you the Total War CB anymore I'm pretty sure. In one of my games I actually saw the AI complete the project, but I did not get an End Threat CB.

did they build it yet? I think you have to build it to get the thing

Martout fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 12, 2019

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

alcaras posted:

This depends whether you've taken Slaving Guilds as your first pick. BB is better if you haven't, but AE is better if you have, as increased stability reduces the chance of bad slave events. Mining guilds works if you're maxing mineral production and playing with the market in mind, otherwise, avoid.

quote:

Industrious is good if, again, you're maxing mineral production. Rapid breeders is practically obligatory given the importance of pops. Charismatic is not worthwhile in my view, as building a holo theatre or gene bank is enough to get you amenities adequate for a high pop planet. Charismatic only really delays the need to build these.

quote:

From that I think I'm leaning toward Fleeting + one of (Deviants, Decadent, Solitary) but am not really sure how to evaluate those three against each other. Not sure if I'm missing something I should consider in my analysis. I suppose the negative traits are ~reasonably~ well balanced now compared to 1.0 when there were some clear Free Picks.

Decadent makes workers and slaves less happy, which given they don't have much political power under Authoritarian rule makes it a good negative pick.

Deviants, by contrast, will increase ethics attraction for egalitarianism which you will get if you have slaves or diplomatic relations with egalitarians. This will reduce your influence income, and should be avoided.

Solitary means more housing buildings and isn't the end of the world.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

PittTheElder posted:

I've never had a problem with Fleeting costing you very much energy; the amount of leaders you wind up hiring is tiny compared to the other energy costs in the game. Sedentary is a far larger cost in energy, I've yet to play a game where I wasn't resettling people all over the place.

I've been playing egalitarians and just ignoring resettlement.

PittTheElder posted:

You don't get it until you build a colossus. Which requires a Citadel, the Colossus Yards module, and researching a planet-cracker weapon, so it's usually several years after picking the perk.

Martout posted:

I might be conflating the one needed to start the bio ascension with the one that's made available on picking the first one actually but still though, I spend entirely too many clicks and energy credits trying to find a psionics expert in my psionics games and I usually pick tech ascendancy anyway (yeah yeah I know it's not great but I'm a sucker for research)

I'm getting to the point where I don't bother with the actual ascensions (psionic, cyborg/synth, bio) because they result in too much micro between the assimilations and the rewiring.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Darkrenown posted:

And yeah, I saw the amenities weights post, but I had already found that myself. Job weights! :negative:

Thanks for this :kiss:

But I did do some personal testing, and even with those weights set to -5 and -10, having charismatic pops still overrides all other job assignments (ie you have to manually close maintenance jobs to prevent charismatic pops from being assigned to them). I had to crank the weighting for the charismatic trait down to 1.2 (from 2) to stop this behavior. I didn't test it any beyond that, so I have no idea what the long-term effects would be. Any chance of looking into this?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Staltran posted:

Tech ascendancy: +10% research, +1 research option.
Enigmatic engineering: +X% research, +50% to roll rare tech, wreckage can't be scanned.
Something else: +X% research, +scanner range, bonus return from scanning wreckage.

All mutually exclusive.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Splicer posted:

Tech ascendancy: +10% research, +1 research option.
Enigmatic engineering: +X% research, +50% to roll rare tech, wreckage can't be scanned.
Something else: +X% research, +scanner range, bonus return from scanning wreckage.

All mutually exclusive.

The scanner range one is Enigmatic Engineering. It's really cool to watch the galaxy light up when you take it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

IMHO the whole random research options thing sucks and I really hope it's next on the chopping block after tiles.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

prefect posted:

The scanner range one is Enigmatic Engineering. It's really cool to watch the galaxy light up when you take it.

It's one of my favorite perks. Toss a station with a listening post and you can see half your neighbor's empire.

Yes, I love seeing *exactly* how you've configured your ships, where they are, and what their fleet power is. Why? Oh, no reason at all. Incidentally, that's a nice planet you have there. Shame if something were to happen to it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

prefect posted:

I know it is, I was posting a suggested reshuffle.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I'm guessing the thing with disabling drone production on a planet also halting bio-trophy growth for rogue servitors is a bug? It kinda hamstrung my unity growth in my current game although I didn't notice until very late.

Also, do people generally make what are effectively reservation planets for biological pops? Letting them be on whatever planet they want becomes a hassle.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I'm guessing the thing with disabling drone production on a planet also halting bio-trophy growth for rogue servitors is a bug? It kinda hamstrung my unity growth in my current game although I didn't notice until very late.

Also, do people generally make what are effectively reservation planets for biological pops? Letting them be on whatever planet they want becomes a hassle.

yeah, can't let the fragile biopops run around as they please, they'll get in the kitchen drawers and hurt themselves!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

PittTheElder posted:

Rapid Replicator is mandantory (+20% pop build speed). I've had Introspective (+20% engineering research speed) work rather well in the update as you've got a lot of engineering research now. Rockbreakers (+1 mining) is good later on, when you've got huge machine worlds churning out minerals it is a +25% increase in planet mineral production (+1 base production is very minor early on, but later it is pretty awesome).

alcaras posted:

So a huuuuuge question that needs to be addressed before we can really give good advice is what ascension path you plan to take. For example, if you are going genetic then I'll advise a bunch of trait options that emphasize early game benefits and negatives that only really start being a problem late, as you'll just mod your guys up after you get perks. If you're not, it helps to plan out what you're doing with gene points you get (2 of them).

Civics: BB is eventually good as you can make even larger cities. Mining guilds, like for robots, really doesn't shine until later (most of your early income is from space mining). Aristocratic takes up an extra building, but only if you want to: nothing is forcing you to build the extra noble building. You'll get a couple nobles from your main building, each giving 5 stability (3% production) each.

Rapid breeders is still really good, but something to consider is that as a multi-species empire (I'm assuming you're going to be collecting slaves and such as often as possible) how often is the trait actually not doing anything? Basically every time you're not growing one of your main race, the usefulness of the trait decreases. This is a pick that I tend to take if I'm doing genetic ascension, as the upgraded version of it is really good, or if I'm only doing a single race and not letting other races in so I need every growth modifier I can get my grubby hands on.

Charismatic tends to be a fairly decent pick, especially for your main race. Boosting amenity production on noble/specialist jobs is usually quite effective, and extra amenities aren't wasted. Conservationist is similarly decent for your primary race as noble/specialist jobs have a higher upkeep. Quick learners can also be a pretty decent pick, especially if you're taking fleeting.

Non-adaptive is probably the biggest "free" trait pick, as it means slightly higher food/goods upkeep on your pops. If you're planning on getting Gaia worlds, you'll completely be able to ignore the downsides. Eventually you'll be able to gene mod it away if you want. Fleeting/weak are probably the best ones you're looking at: fleeting isn't hugely impactful as you noted, and weak basically means "I have to win my first war with lovely ground troops". Unless you take the raiding ascension perk, or find a primitive species, or delay until you uplift a pre-sapient or the slave market opens.