Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The latest yulemas episode is fun but I’m disappointed that when philge strapped the bees to the Michael Jordan cutout, Simon missed the low hanging “Michael bee Jordan” joke. I suppose he’s a new father, the dad joke muscle isn’t fully developed yet

Also, finished season 3 on my re-listen, and the finale is just so bonkers. Hing sadly counting out fireball damage is a real moment.

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

The latest yulemas episode is fun but I’m disappointed that when philge strapped the bees to the Michael Jordan cutout, Simon missed the low hanging “Michael bee Jordan” joke. I suppose he’s a new father, the dad joke muscle isn’t fully developed yet

Alex and Ben are both either incredibly pregnant or will be new parents by the next taping, so I'm looking forward to a season of very sensible and mature NPCs, and Philge adopting even more teens to strap to her chest.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Psychepath posted:

Alex and Ben are both either incredibly pregnant or will be new parents by the next taping, so I'm looking forward to a season of very sensible and mature NPCs, and Philge adopting even more teens to strap to her chest.

Welcome to the world, Katy II and precious Bonathan.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Not Operator posted:

Katy 3, I think. Katy 2 was her plane, wasn't it?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao demi's costume

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Not Operator posted:

"Sweet, precious, stupid, horrible, Bonathan" was such a good bit

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I knew Ben had a kid on the way but I didn't know Alex was pregnant. I'm happy for her, but I will miss drunk philge

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also yea, didn't know that (didn't even know they were a couple), good for them even if it means the loss of the incredibly powerful force of nature that is "Philge when Alex is drunk and confused"

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

sexpig by night posted:

(didn't even know they were a couple)

they aren't, they are having two separate babies, one each

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

alex has been pregnant for like the last half of the season and philge has still managed to be incredible so I don't think there's too much to worry about on that front

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bogan Krkic posted:

they aren't, they are having two separate babies, one each

the classic double baby

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Ainsley McTree posted:

I knew Ben had a kid on the way but I didn't know Alex was pregnant. I'm happy for her, but I will miss drunk philge

Alex has a very good bit on it!

https://omny.fm/shows/story-club/145-alex-lee-can-pregnant-ham

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lmao her search history all sounds like it's written in character as philge

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/alex_c_lee/status/1081111977252945923

i think philge is just alex

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

This was never more apparent than during the Tomb of Annihilation puzzle rooms. "I grab him by the ears and twist his head off."

https://twitter.com/bencjenkins/status/1081318513325727744

Dragon Parents.

https://twitter.com/daveharmon/status/1081400185719160832

Dave's child is also doing well.

Psychepath fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 5, 2019

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The phrase “big chungus” has been trending as a meme, and at first I was excited that maybe it had originated from Hing and Ben, but apparently it’s a Jim sterling thing from like 2012.

I had been secretly trying to introduce the word “chongus” to the outside world but now what’s the point

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I listened to an episode of Plumbing the Death Star that Hing and Edan guested on a while ago. The subject of the episode was fictional economies, and Hing somehow still managed to steer the conversation to animal cum.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1084936598960001025

Will Hing be the first to die or the only survivor?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

inthesto posted:

guy who started the end of the world

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

inthesto posted:

sexpig by night posted:

I vote for all 3.

Though since it's a 1 shot Dave can be quite brutal...

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

created the zombie virus by microwaving an apple

also, i've been continuing to listen to FTAGH in reverse order, and I'm now far back enough in time that they're plugging the first episode of dragon friends. Alex sounds so unenthused about it ("Yeah I'm trying to promote it, but I'm not sold"). Hopefully after four seasons she's come around to it

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

I'm going through both FTAGH and bst.png and both are excellent but one thing that keeps striking me is that if anyone described any episode of bst.png to me I'd think it was the worst thing ever but it is the funniest god drat thing I've ever heard.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Yeah I’ve noticed that too, it’s pretty monkeycheese on its surface but Demi’s ramblings are the fun kind of chaotic rather than the lolrandum kind

Also Dave if you’re reading this tell Demi I NEED one more rendition of the complete uncut version of Horse Song. She barely ever included the ending rap; it was my favorite part!

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Yeah, its this podcast where the guy reads about the worst poo poo on the internet and the girl tries to annoy the living poo poo out of him. No, its funny, I swear.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I love FTAGH but it super hardcore triggers that thing that podcasts sometimes do where I really wish I was there in the room with them so I could correct them when they're wrong about things. It's probably for the best that I don't get invited to guest on a lot of podcasts, actually

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Ainsley McTree posted:

I love FTAGH but it super hardcore triggers that thing that podcasts sometimes do where I really wish I was there in the room with them so I could correct them when they're wrong about things. It's probably for the best that I don't get invited to guest on a lot of podcasts, actually

Two grown men legitimately not knowing if chickens produce milk is the funniest loving thing in the world, though

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

inthesto posted:

Two grown men legitimately not knowing if chickens produce milk is the funniest loving thing in the world, though

Man, I've been kinda meaning to listen to this show, but boy howdy did this just completely sell me on it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Baller Ina posted:

Yeah I’ve noticed that too, it’s pretty monkeycheese on its surface but Demi’s ramblings are the fun kind of chaotic rather than the lolrandum kind

Also Dave if you’re reading this tell Demi I NEED one more rendition of the complete uncut version of Horse Song. She barely ever included the ending rap; it was my favorite part!

It helps that Demi's random ramblings are actually like, her just saying the poo poo comes to her mind with zero filtering. She's not like sitting down to go 'how can I be wacky and random' she's just like 'oh yea that thing Dave just said reminds me about this thing I saw on the internet two weeks ago so anyway there's this big horse...'

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

1000% this, I am so glad I'm finally caught up on it so next time they're extremely wrong about something I can email about it.

I wonder if they still think clipping a bird's wings is a horrible cruel thing that means the bird will never fly...

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

inthesto posted:

That was such a moment, because if you had asked me before that if chickens make milk, I could have confidently and instantly answered you. But after hearing them go back and forth about it, it sent me into such a spin that now I question myself to this day

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

ArchRanger posted:

I'm going through both FTAGH and bst.png and both are excellent but one thing that keeps striking me is that if anyone described any episode of bst.png to me I'd think it was the worst thing ever but it is the funniest god drat thing I've ever heard.

right! it should be epic 2005 internet poo poo, but instead it's funny b/c demi's brain doesn't work normal :)

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1092685951778734080?s=19

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1094856885608407040

Man, I'm itching like hell for this, and not even because we're between seasons.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

New ftagh out too; no guest, I suppose it’s hard to find someone at the last minute with this kind of breakneck production schedule

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

New ftagh out too; no guest, I suppose it’s hard to find someone at the last minute with this kind of breakneck production schedule

As far as the production schedule goes, two dragon babies in a year seems pretty high to me, honestly.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Figuring out where bumholes are is very difficult and takes a while

inthesto fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 11, 2019

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Ainsley McTree posted:

some primo Hing stories in this one

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
https://www.facebook.com/thedragonfriends/photos/a.1620641708219565/2320160018267727/?type=3&theater

I love these idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Araki posted:

some primo Hing stories in this one

I’ve only listened to the first 20 min so far but yeah that Santa story is a real one

E: I’m enjoying sleep-deprived Ben as much as I thought I would: “oh right he is human, isn’t he”

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 13, 2019