Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Neo Rasa posted:

What's everyone's favorite scarecrow episode from a horror anthology series?

No need to get so stuffy about scarecrow puns.

I liked the one from Friday the 13th: The Series. I almost want to say there was one in Poltergeist: The Legacy but it's been so long since I've watched the series I can't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I had totally forgotten about Poltergeist Legacy.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Me reading the new thread title: lol look at all these lightweights who have never experienced the sheer unrelenting pain and boredom of Jack-O.

Scarecrows '88, Dark Night of the Scarecrow, and the F13th series episode are by far the best scarecrow poo poo around.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

scarecrows are boring horror villains they're made of straw like whatre u gonna do gimme a light rash lmao

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Kvlt! posted:

scarecrows are boring horror villains they're made of straw like whatre u gonna do gimme a light rash lmao

Sometimes they rip your skin off and dry it on the rooftop of your cabin.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Sheet ghosts: you're made of fabric, what are you gonna do, tuck me in?

Witches: pssh what are you gonna do, sweep my floors?

Zombies: pssh, what are you gonna do, slowly stumble me to death?

Chucky: lol it's a literal toy, just kick it

Demons: hah I'm an atheist, gently caress you

Nothing is scary if u think about it

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Does Chucky have normal human strength, or doll strength? Cause he beats a teacher to death with a ruler, but gets slam dunked by Andy’s mom no problem

:thunk:

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz

Fart City posted:

Does Chucky have normal human strength, or doll strength? Cause he beats a teacher to death with a ruler, but gets slam dunked by Andy’s mom no problem

Rule of cool.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the only thing thats actually scary is the evil bong

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fart City posted:

He only gets the edge on the teacher because she was old as gently caress and he caught her by surprise

Chucky is consistently a weak rear end little bitch who gets owned super hard in any 1 V 1 that isn't against a literal child or a physically disabled person

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Chucky is a halfling rogue

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
The Arrow Blu-Ray of Brain Damage is amazing. Frank Henenlotter's commentary is perfect. You can't really beat a commentary when the biggest fan of the genre is the director doing the commentary. I want Frank to be my uncle. Belial and Elmer are my spirit animals.

Yes, this image is actually from Brain Damage and not Basket Case. So there.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Fart City posted:

She had mom strength and Chucky has voodoo strength.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Just watched 3 Doors of Horrors, which was alright, and this was the card a security guard handed to someone.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Fart City posted:

The proportional strength of an ant.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It makes sense that Chucky woul be strong because before he was a full-grown man an now yes much smaller and the strength is compacted

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Chucky having the strength of Riki-Oh would make even part 3 entertaining.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
It is both very obvious from the get go and 100% consistent across every film that Chucky has the proportional speed and strength of a human Good Guys doll.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I always kind of figured that if Chucky is actively doing something, he has Charles Lee Ray strength, but if something's done to him he has Good Guy Doll durability.

Sort of the ultimate glass cannon among slasher villains, really.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kvlt! posted:

the only thing thats actually scary is the evil bong

Jack Frost would like a word with you

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Jack Frost isn't scary , just turn up the heat to like 80 and wait.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

there are only 2 things in the world that are scary:

the possibility that love is not enough

Hollismason not being my bff for life

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'll always be your bff

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Hollismason posted:

I'll always be your bff

and that's why you're my favorite <3

Mods please change my name to Hollismason's BFF and Hollismason's name to Kvlt!'s BFF

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Drunkboxer posted:

It’s not a scarecrow movie, I was being stupid. You should watch it, but the third act drags like a mother.

e: It’s also not horror.

Sean Connery in a diaper and black patent thigh-high boots kinda says otherwise.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Kvlt! posted:

there are only 2 things in the world that are scary:

the possibility that love is not enough

Hollismason not being my bff for life

also a Dracula

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

A Dracula not scary just be like " No you can't come in".

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Dracula's scary because he's more appealing to your gf than your pasty British real estate broker rear end

the blood-drinking, transforming into beasts, strength of 20 men stuff is all secondary

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I went into Zardoz not expecting anything but it actually completely owns

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Late for scarecrow chat but I have a soft spot for the scarecrow in Annabelle: Creation that was SO obviously a potential spinoff character ala The Nun. Like, the movie blatantly takes a five minute sojourn into spooky barn territory. It was great.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
dracula can't go in uninvited, he can't get near two overlapping pieces of wood, he can't eat pizza or pasta, he can't walk around in daylight, can't touch silver, he can't loving touch water, and in addition to all that he can also die by getting decapitated, stabbed, burned, shot, and drowned just like the rest of us. dudes a goddamn joke.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Tolkien minority posted:

I went into Zardoz not expecting anything but it actually completely owns

I want to turn the announcements from the flying head that Connery stows away in as a ringtone on my phone.

Imagine having your phone boom out “THE PENIS IS EVIL!” whenever a text comes in!

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

^^^
That would be hilarious

Origami Dali posted:

dracula can't go in uninvited, he can't get near two overlapping pieces of wood, he can't eat pizza or pasta, he can't walk around in daylight, can't touch silver, he can't loving touch water, and in addition to all that he can also die by getting decapitated, stabbed, burned, shot, and drowned just like the rest of us. dudes a goddamn joke.
Also can be stopped by throwing rice near him

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Dracula's scary because he's more appealing to your gf than your pasty British real estate broker rear end

the blood-drinking, transforming into beasts, strength of 20 men stuff is all secondary

Or he's so loving suave he seduces BOTH of you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW5NJMtMU1A&t=46s

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Origami Dali posted:

And let's not forget that for all his supposed charms the only human he can manage to get under his thrall without turning him is a weirdo who eats bugs.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Renfield is one of the best characters in Dracula imo. Dwight Frye is fantastic in the ‘31 Universal film.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Flying Zamboni posted:

And let's not forget that for all his supposed charms the only human he can manage to get under his thrall without turning him is a weirdo who eats bugs.

who among us did not have a failed relationship in high school

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

amenbrotep posted:

Renfield is one of the best characters in Dracula imo. Dwight Frye is fantastic in the ‘31 Universal film.

Dwight Frye is the MVP of Dracula '31. That shot of him at the bottom of the ship's hold is just creepy as gently caress.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Pablo Alvarez's Renfield in the Spanish Dracula is amazing, better than Frye even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I was ready to say that Housewife was a step down from Baskin in terms of how extreme it is and then holy poo poo those last 30 minutes.