Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Elfface posted:

Then again, maybe we need a manga where a fantasy peasant gets Isekai'd over here and is all "Wait, you just poke them with a thing and my baby won't die of plague? And the Great Horned Evil One doesn't eat your firstborn? And this industrial loom makes more cloth in a second than the kingdom does in a year, so my child won't freeze to death?"

Though I guess most fantasy worlds just have cheerful peasants with gardens, rather than digging up frozen cabbage fields so they don't starve.

Yeah, most go off of JRPG logic, where things are cool, the poor work the fields and they might get harassed by knights that show up for taxes or abuse their power but generally they have a decent house and food and clothing so your party can stroll through town and take all their savings from their dresser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Elfface posted:

Then again, maybe we need a manga where a fantasy peasant gets Isekai'd over here and is all "Wait, you just poke them with a thing and my baby won't die of plague? And the Great Horned Evil One doesn't eat your firstborn? And this industrial loom makes more cloth in a second than the kingdom does in a year, so my child won't freeze to death?"

Though I guess most fantasy worlds just have cheerful peasants with gardens, rather than digging up frozen cabbage fields so they don't starve.

One of the charming parts of the Sleepy Hollow TV show (at least the first couple seasons, before it went to crap) was the time-displaced Ichabod Crane's reactions to such things as modern dentistry.

Lots of Stranger Danger in today's Mr. Villain's Day Off

Myok fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 25, 2019

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
yet another Sleepy Princess

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

and another Sleepy Princess
well, the financial reports are in and the princess is using way to many resources!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Crasical posted:

Is that the SECOND 'Stress goblin gets a supernatural caretaker' series?

These things are very popular. Why? Because...

So many of us know that feeling.
(I know Mangadex isn't working well right now, but it will be!)

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

I mean this is pretty much true; spending your whole life working only to not get what you dream of, or attain great success. Then having someone moralize to you that sacrificing that 1 in a million chance at prophecy and success that you've attained by being pulled to some other world, just to go back to the mundane life you have in reality is a hard sell. Why would you give up riches, power, and glory just to work your normal 9-5? I'm reminded of a game I've never played but heard some things about, final fantasy tactics advance. Where the playable character and his friends get pulled into a magic book and he spends the entire game getting everyone to leave. Including his friend who is physically disabled but now has full use of his body inside the magic book. I don't know how it goes but how do you convince someone to go back to being wheelchair bound instead of staying in a world where reality is his bitch?

The only anime I think presents a legitimate reason not to linger was Now and Then, Here and There. Where the alternative to modern day japan is a blasted and hellish landscape.

Marche did nothing wrong.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

someone's gotten impatient with meraki scans and have translated a bunch of Senryu Girl chapters 64 to 68.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Nice!

Also nice, some sweet times in Ayakashiko

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Hakumei to Mikochi
some wheelin and dealin going on.

and a couple new Mr. Villain's Day Off

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Eeeeeh, the translator dropped Mr. Villain's Day off? I'm sad.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Crasical posted:

Eeeeeh, the translator dropped Mr. Villain's Day off? I'm sad.

_anq's M.O has been to pick up a series, translate the first volume or until the raws run out, then hand the project off to someone else and pick up a new series. But everything they have picked up is great so I don't mind when the updates stop being daily.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
New Shinkaigyo no Anko-san!

The new fishie is very pretty

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Lion Fish have always scared me so I'm right there with Anko.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Hmm, I haven't seen this fishie manga before. It's pretty cute.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Didn't realize this story was missing the archetypal gal/gyaru/trendy girl character.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Sleepy Princess
Last chapter, Princess lost most of her budget. Now, she'll earn it back the ol' fashioned way. By setting up shop.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Senryuu Girl 69, 70

E: lol Nanaako

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Nate RFB posted:

Senryuu Girl 69, 70

E: lol Nanaako

Eiji should protect this smile.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

its been a while, a new Nicola's Leisurely Demon World Travelogue

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Eldritch Senpai
Time for the beach episode.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
New Sleepy Princess.

Feat. ANGERY PRINCESS.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
One of her best faces.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Huzzah! posted:

new Eldritch Senpai
Time for the beach episode.
You know, I don't know why I didn't immediately realize why she would be excited to go to the beach. But that two page bit of her going nuts, jumping into the air, and turning into her vagrant form was the best. :3:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Anyone know the name of a manga about a little girl summoning a (male) demon to be her new mom? Can't remember what thread it was linked in, or if it was any good, but found myself thinking about it. IIRC only a couple chapters had been scanlated.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

Anyone know the name of a manga about a little girl summoning a (male) demon to be her new mom? Can't remember what thread it was linked in, or if it was any good, but found myself thinking about it. IIRC only a couple chapters had been scanlated.

Sounds like Akuma no Mama. It's by Kuzushiro, so it will probably be good.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

chumbler posted:

Sounds like Akuma no Mama. It's by Kuzushiro, so it will probably be good.

That's the one, thanks. Sadly it doesn't look like there are any more chapters out at the moment.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

You know, I don't know why I didn't immediately realize why she would be excited to go to the beach. But that two page bit of her going nuts, jumping into the air, and turning into her vagrant form was the best. :3:

It's got to be a pain finding a pool big enough for her.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

two new chapters of Senryu Girl

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
new Kumika

a very laid-back chapter, I like it

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
The new chapter of Flying Witch is a real hoot

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Mygna posted:

The new chapter of Flying Witch is a real hoot
absolutely not disappointed by your implied premise

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I like the trend we've got going here of the familiars having strange side gigs. I'd totally consult an owl for real estate advice.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

I like the trend we've got going here of the familiars having strange side gigs. I'd totally consult an owl for real estate advice.

I don't know, apparently owls are dumb as hell. Go to a raven or parrot for your real estate advice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Haven't seen Mieruko-chan posted in this thread. It's about a girl who can see creepy-rear end ghosts and desperately tries to ignore them. It started as a Pixiv comic and the first 4 chapters of the serialization were just redraws of that, but now new stuff is coming out.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Feb 10, 2019

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked

RatHat posted:

Haven't seen Mieruko-chan posted in this thread. It's about a girl who can see creepy-rear end ghosts and desperately tries to ignore them. It started as a Pixiv comic and the first 4 chapters of the serialization were just redraws of that, but now new stuff is coming out.

Good god, I really love the general concept but those first few chapters were so horny it was embarrassing. It looks like the later chapters are starting to pull back though. The ghosts look so creepy and cool that they were the only thing that kept me going initially.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug
A mother has reason to worry in today's Tokedase! Mizore-chan.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Sleepy Princess
We find out the horrible secret that is Demon Monk's real name.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Myok posted:

A mother has reason to worry in today's Tokedase! Mizore-chan.

That entire chapter was gold. And the final panel was perfect, totally expected of mizore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Huzzah! posted:

new Sleepy Princess
We find out the horrible secret that is Demon Monk's real name.

is it just me or is the princess looking taller and older in this chapter

as in, "less like a weird goblin"