Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m so glad I wasn’t spoiled on when Mr X first appears.
On the 2nd run I was so relieved when I returned to the police station from the lower area and couldn’t hear his footsteps anymore, and figured that since you put the fire out in the 1st run you don’t have to deal with him at that point since he’s pursuing the other protagonist. Nooooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

codo27 posted:

I don't even want the knife, I want infinite ammo just so I can casually explore and get the rest of the raccoons just because

The infinite ammo weapons are okay. Somehow other posters were right and they get boring after a medium amount of time, though are extremely useful for grabbing achievements and records.

The infinity blade however stays fun forever. Even if it can't cut duct tape.

E: Oh, right. Big Cheese has been downed. I was low on regen and had to retry 5-10 times to do it without healing. That he just ran away from flash grenades made it a re-exploration of weapon swaps and grenades to find out how to burst him down the fastest before he grabbed or spider-limb punched me dead.

Up to 3-1: Suplex Castle
(However, I'll also need to learn how to tag ankles and whip around too go full Zangief on these motherless bastards.)

Andrigaar fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Feb 13, 2019

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

In Training posted:

He was pretty similar to Mr X but you could kill him

at least you got prizes for decking Nemesis i guess

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Just got all achievements, but since the new ones for the DLC are out on Steam and you can't get them I don't have 100%. gently caress it though, ran through the game with the infinite Minigun and Rocket Launcher to collect the remainder of the Files and it went fast. Also, lol, the Infinite Rocket Launcher just blows Super Tyrant up in 2 rockets like the Rocket Launcher Ada gives you does, so you never have Ada help Leon out and Tyrant just gibs instantly. Pretty funny.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Going through RE3 now and while the alleyway nature of the game is bland it makes sense considering the technology limitations of the time. The streets of Raccoon Ciry are more detailed than Silent Hill's.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

This is why we need 3make now

RE6 Leon’s campaign, only the city section, but ten times the detail and size, Nemesis included free of charge

Keep it sane and just have a branching path at the middle, and then those each have a branching path near the end, let that make for limited weapon variety and boss/NPC differences, boom big money cash prizes

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Disposable Scud posted:

Going through RE3 now and while the alleyway nature of the game is bland it makes sense considering the technology limitations of the time. The streets of Raccoon Ciry are more detailed than Silent Hill's.

iirc the justification is that Jill sticks to the back alleys

ofc Raccoon City seems to be 70%alley by volume soooo take that as you will

and of course theres no excuse for the puzzles

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Black August posted:

This is why we need 3make now

RE6 Leon’s campaign, only the city section, but ten times the detail and size, Nemesis included free of charge

hell im on board

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
look an RE3 new engine remake would sell like gangbusters while being just an REmake 2 expansion pack ergo

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
What's the consensus on Evil Within 2's first person mode?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

iirc the justification is that Jill sticks to the back alleys

ofc Raccoon City seems to be 70%alley by volume soooo take that as you will

and of course theres no excuse for the puzzles

i've heard that Raccoon was modeled after Japanese cities so that's why it's so weird. Never been to Japan to confirm or deny.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

look an RE3 new engine remake would sell like gangbusters while being just an REmake 2 expansion pack ergo

Capcom knows that. I believe it’s rumored that they already started development on it. I hope so since it’s a no brainer and can benefit a lot from being remade.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I get anxiety just from thinking about doing an S Hardcore run for the infinite SMG, I think I'll just content myself with the infinite Samurai Edge.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Holy balls. I forgot how much of a miserable, long, lovely slog RE4 3-1 is.

I hate this level on first pass when my weapons aren't overpowered.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

terminator is apparently on netflix right now and i swear to god a terminator video game with mr. x style mechanics would be great

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

terminator is apparently on netflix right now and i swear to god a terminator video game with mr. x style mechanics would be great

like with Alien, all the Terminator games have just made them into an army of disposable ants, even though a single one is a threat to our planet. It would be cool to get a survival horror game like Alien Isolation.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

In Training posted:

GU was a better game than World

its true

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Smirking_Serpent posted:

like with Alien, all the Terminator games have just made them into an army of disposable ants, even though a single one is a threat to our planet. It would be cool to get a survival horror game like Alien Isolation.
It would better to go with the main antagonist being the T-1000 in such a game instead of just a run of the mill T-800.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I gotta say, I feel like there's already enough Terminator in horror video games' DNA that making a video game where you're chased by a Terminator feels like it's been done already.

Although I do have a pitch written down around here somewhere, about a Terminator sent back in time to kill a forensic scientist because at this point, between the movies, the comics, and the TV show, there are so many goddamn wrecked and deactivated Terminators lying around the modern day that the scientist is about to be able to figure out a lot of poo poo that Skynet would prefer she not know. I call it "Too Many Terminators."

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SeANMcBAY posted:

Capcom knows that. I believe it’s rumored that they already started development on it. I hope so since it’s a no brainer and can benefit a lot from being remade.

Isn't RE3, like, the one mainline game that's barely seen ports and rereleases? It got released on 4 consoles, with the most recent being on the Gamecube, save for like... PS Classics if it's even on there. I don't even know if anything was ever even added to those other releases. 1 had several different versions across a ton of platforms, a whole remake, 2 had nearly the same treatment, 4 had several re-releases and even an exclusive Wii version; from 5 and on you didn't need that treatment, but they had DLC things. It seems like RE3 never got much love by Capcom.

However that being said, I wonder what they're going to do with RE3 to give it replayability because it's so linear, going from RE2 having 4 campaigns and changed up things to they all felt pretty fresh, it would be hard to go to RE3 only having the one playthrough. I guess they could do new arrange modes, dunno if it'd be enough. There was that 4th Survivor type scenario with the other characters, but 4th Survivor doesn't bring as much replayability I feel even in REmake2. I also remember RE3 being really drat short upon first playthrough.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

RE3 had the first mercenaries mode very likely because of how linear and short it was, but RE3 would need to be changed a lot in a remake or it will disappoint a lot of people.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

s.i.r.e. posted:

Isn't RE3, like, the one mainline game that's barely seen ports and rereleases? It got released on 4 consoles, with the most recent being on the Gamecube, save for like... PS Classics if it's even on there. I don't even know if anything was ever even added to those other releases. 1 had several different versions across a ton of platforms, a whole remake, 2 had nearly the same treatment, 4 had several re-releases and even an exclusive Wii version; from 5 and on you didn't need that treatment, but they had DLC things. It seems like RE3 never got much love by Capcom.

However that being said, I wonder what they're going to do with RE3 to give it replayability because it's so linear, going from RE2 having 4 campaigns and changed up things to they all felt pretty fresh, it would be hard to go to RE3 only having the one playthrough. I guess they could do new arrange modes, dunno if it'd be enough. There was that 4th Survivor type scenario with the other characters, but 4th Survivor doesn't bring as much replayability I feel even in REmake2. I also remember RE3 being really drat short upon first playthrough.
The most recent version of RE3 is on PS3 for PS1 Classics, but yeah they are all just ports and no remasters.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Andrigaar posted:

RE4 would totally benefit from a remake but that's not a very well received sort of thing to say people will immediately assume is a hot take :ssh:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RE4 is flawless

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, RE4 really doesn't need a remake. 4 has aged well and it wouldn't really benefit it from nearly as much as 3 or Code Veronica would.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
My point of view is that while there's some aspects of RE4 that could be polished up, as a whole package it's still an incredibly great game that really holds up and a remake would likely either be flat-out worse or 99% the same game that I've already bought multiple times and would buy again

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would accept an RE4 remake that either a) just updates the graphics and control layout or b) removes the part where you play as Ashley or both.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Andrigaar posted:

That stretch of RE4 with the catapults, the Water Room, minigun ahole with a billion hp and cutscene timestop powers who tricks you into trying to snipe him when jumping down, heading him off at the pass and stunlocking him with tmp is the best solution, and the trololo rocket ganado room right after is the worst part of the game

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

except that drat water treatment plant puzzle

that was the worst

That puzzle sucked mainly because of the horrid slow interface. If it used the same mechanic as the electronic gadget in RE2make it wouldn’t be so bad.

The one in the gas station can gently caress right off though.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

To be fair, the reason the aliens are supposed to be a threat to the planet is precisely because they can turn into an army of disposable ants.

Black August posted:

Keep it sane and just have a branching path at the middle, and then those each have a branching path near the end, let that make for limited weapon variety and boss/NPC differences, boom big money cash prizes
Going off the suggestion of being able to choose puzzle difficulty/forgo puzzles/randomized puzzle solutions, maybe just have some places where you can choose between solving a puzzle and running a gauntlet? Not as a story path branch, just different routes to the same location.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Barudak posted:

I would accept an RE4 remake that either a) just updates the graphics and control layout or b) removes the part where you play as Ashley or both.
Replace the Ashley segment with her hiding in a dumpster from a single enemy, then a QTE prompt to decapitate her single pursuer with the dumpser lid via her traditional "You open lids with your head by standing up, right?"

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Going off the suggestion of being able to choose puzzle difficulty/forgo puzzles/randomized puzzle solutions, maybe just have some places where you can choose between solving a puzzle and running a gauntlet? Not as a story path branch, just different routes to the same location.

Dino Crisis 1 actually did this! You had to choose which team plan to follow, one was to solve some concentration puzzle iirc, the other was to go through a series of dino hallways.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Does the knife do more damage if you swipe along the length of a zombie versus just hitting once per swing? Noticing that trying to ribbonize things is a little bit of a quicker kill, but it might just be placebo.

Also, Claire S+ run ruined by a zombie I thought was dead. :negative:

About ten minutes behind on getting to Sherry compared to another run I just checked out so maybe I need to re-plan this.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Dino Crisis 1 actually did this! You had to choose which team plan to follow, one was to solve some concentration puzzle iirc, the other was to go through a series of dino hallways.

It happened a couple of times I think and as I recall it didn't lock you into either. You could "decide" to do one and if you decided you couldn't do the puzzle or get through the combat you could still turn around. It's been a while though.

The best one was how to get the quasi-secret best ending.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
The water treatment puzzle never really gave me too many headaches once I learnt what I was looking at. Now, the clock tower puzzle with the three gems and pictures? I have never been able to suss what the formula is to figure that out

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
R3make should be structured like TEW 2, with the open levels and lots of optional exploration and side quests to sell the idea of a city undergoing a zombie apocalypse. TEW2 even had a randomly spawning super-enemy, though it was a ghost that would sort of vaguely float around instead of actively pursuing you.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

DeadButDelicious posted:

The water treatment puzzle never really gave me too many headaches once I learnt what I was looking at. Now, the clock tower puzzle with the three gems and pictures? I have never been able to suss what the formula is to figure that out

Oh yeah gently caress that. On my most recent play through it was a lot easier to brute force it as there is only something like 4 potential sequences.

Neat music though.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Is it just me or are grabs QTE in Revelations 2 way harder with a mouse than a gamepad?

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."

1stGear posted:

R3make should be structured like TEW 2, with the open levels and lots of optional exploration and side quests to sell the idea of a city undergoing a zombie apocalypse. TEW2 even had a randomly spawning super-enemy, though it was a ghost that would sort of vaguely float around instead of actively pursuing you.

I agree - this would work quite well. TEW 2 worked because it had open levels but was still able to be oppressive. Doing this with Nemesis would be really straightforward, because he is the definition of oppressive in the dictionary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dewgy posted:

Does the knife do more damage if you swipe along the length of a zombie versus just hitting once per swing? Noticing that trying to ribbonize things is a little bit of a quicker kill, but it might just be placebo.

Also, Claire S+ run ruined by a zombie I thought was dead. :negative:

About ten minutes behind on getting to Sherry compared to another run I just checked out so maybe I need to re-plan this.

the entire reason the knife glitch works is that it updates the damage more frequently, and in order to take advantage of this you need to position leon 45 degrees to the left of an enemy to get the maximum number of updates while the knife is passing through the bad guy

you want to get as many possible 'ticks' of the knife per swing as you can as the damage is determined by how long it stays inside their hit box but the durability hit is based on the number of swings you make. this is also why it blasts the boss fight so much because the weak point eye is a big fleshy mound and leons knife animation in particular can spend almost its entire swing inside of him