Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I’m on PS4, so I’m not trying to glitch anything, just wanna be more efficient in keeping down what I want to keep down.

Last run status: 48 minutes to Sherry, hour thirtyish to the lab, 1:43 third save before G3... not enough ammo to pull it off. :negative:

I know I can do it though. That minigun’s gonna be mine yet, dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Dewgy posted:

I’m on PS4, so I’m not trying to glitch anything, just wanna be more efficient in keeping down what I want to keep down.

Last run status: 48 minutes to Sherry, hour thirtyish to the lab, 1:43 third save before G3... not enough ammo to pull it off. :negative:

I know I can do it though. That minigun’s gonna be mine yet, dammit.

Just go back to one of those first two saves and use the extra time you know you have to grab some more ammo or go and get the SMG if you didn't? Only takes like 5 minutes but then you have a whole other weapon and ammo. On my Leon S+ I had like half an hour to do the entire lab and two bosses because I'd hosed up the police station quite badly.

Edit:Unless it's a Claire B in which case yeah I guess you might be hosed.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Yeah, Claire B. I think I’ll have to start over, I did too much killing and not enough scrounging before hitting the sewers. I also skipped the second hip pack in the lockup which was a biiiiig mistake and made things way too tight in the late game.

E: Actually does X still try to give it to you after Sherry’s bit in Claire’s story or does he warp down to the garage and wait? That might be a good time for a small detour.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

1stGear posted:

R3make should be structured like TEW 2, with the open levels and lots of optional exploration and side quests to sell the idea of a city undergoing a zombie apocalypse. TEW2 even had a randomly spawning super-enemy, though it was a ghost that would sort of vaguely float around instead of actively pursuing you.
Yeah I would love RE3make to take inspiration from TEW2, it seems like it would fit.

It would even sort of make sense for Jill to get some kind of limited ability progression similar to Sebastian, since she's had more experience than someone like Leon during the same timeframe and there's sort of a basis for that in the original game with the wonky dodge system.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
The G3 arena should still have uhh... 2x 9mm, 1x needle, 1x first aid, 1x flashbang, at least 1x sub-machine gun, and maybe acid rounds.

You have 17 minutes to clear three bosses and run. It might actually be enough time.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I haven’t seen Chris outside of REmake and Code Veronica. Does he talk like he writes in the letter you find with the hot babes etc.?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

snoremac posted:

I haven’t seen Chris outside of REmake and Code Veronica. Does he talk like he writes in the letter you find with the hot babes etc.?

No, thats why claire says it doesnt sound like chris. Its a coded message about him going to Europe to assault umbrella.

Or it doesnt sound like chris because <sailorchris.jpg>

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
After playing Revelations 2 I hope to see Barry as a main character in another RE game. I enjoyed him and Moira quite a bit more than I expected.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Playing this with HDR makes your screen light up like the loving sun just strolled into your room every time you use an incendiary round with the grenade launcher.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Can you still knife bosses on Xbox where I get fewer frames per second than there are first aid sprays throughout the game?

rabidsquid posted:

terminator is apparently on netflix right now and i swear to god a terminator video game with mr. x style mechanics would be great

Yeah. Now you can calmly watch X march towards you slowly as you line up a shotgun blast. In Terminator, he would be marching and aiming at you for the shotgun blast.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Is there a way to turn off aim assist on Assisted? I want to run through grabbing Raccoons, but don't like the auto aim.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

codo27 posted:

Can you still knife bosses on Xbox where I get fewer frames per second than there are first aid sprays throughout the game?

Yeah. Now you can calmly watch X march towards you slowly as you line up a shotgun blast. In Terminator, he would be marching and aiming at you for the shotgun blast.

You can it just takes two knifes worth of knife ammo and the sort of hosed up brain that says "I just survived a city of the dead, I should go to Europe and try to shoot the people responsible in the face"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Seedge posted:

Is there a way to turn off aim assist on Assisted? I want to run through grabbing Raccoons, but don't like the auto aim.
I think it's in the main options menu? I haven't played assisted (Damnit game, me being poo poo at dodging the gator's 3rd bite won't change on assisted :argh: :saddowns:), but I remember when looking through the options before my first run I saw an aim assist option on/off setting. Even though it doesn't function outside of assisted.

That said, I heard assisted mode gives you more ammo. Does that mean Leon Assisted gives you more than 3 shotgun shells per gunpowder+high grade? Or is that only for 9mm?

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Feb 13, 2019

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."

Dewgy posted:

E: Actually does X still try to give it to you after Sherry’s bit in Claire’s story or does he warp down to the garage and wait? That might be a good time for a small detour.

Yup. X always gon give it to ya.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I don’t get why there’s an item box after the cable car. There’s nothing to pick up or shoot between there and the next item box which is thirty seconds ahead and you never go back there.

Actually I just realized it’s in case your inventory is full when you receive the ID bracelet.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Alright so I made it to the sewer and making good progress.

Killed one of those G things and felt really good. Then two more appear. Good thing I had some sub weapons for a quick escape.

How good is sparkshot? Does it have extra ammo?

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

Sparkshot is a bit meh if I’m honest. Only really useful in the G4 fight, and on Hardcore it has one magazine refill in that room.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

snoremac posted:

I don’t get why there’s an item box after the cable car. There’s nothing to pick up or shoot between there and the next item box which is thirty seconds ahead and you never go back there.

Actually I just realized it’s in case your inventory is full when you receive the ID bracelet.
The ID bracelet is the only thing I'm actually mad took inventory space.

I can accept artistic keys and rolls off film taking as much space as a grenade launcher.

But it's a wrist band, it's specifically designed to not need pockets or hands to carry it :mad:

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Wasn't RE3 not technically meant to be 3, but CV was? But there was something with console loyalty or some poo poo so they called 3, uh, 3, even though it's supposed to be a spinoff and CV is the real 3?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

codo27 posted:

i am like 75% certain that using up one knife on B1 is a totally viable method even on a base xbox since its free damage either way and you just use up the knife on the grab, then back up and clown him regular style. it should save on ammo decently. i havent tried it yet and i am playing on ps4 which gets more fps but i mean free damage is free damage

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Wasn't RE3 not technically meant to be 3, but CV was? But there was something with console loyalty or some poo poo so they called 3, uh, 3, even though it's supposed to be a spinoff and CV is the real 3?

Pretty much. Some sort of deal was struck so that Sony's consoles would get all the numbered sequels while everyone else would get whatever title was floating around. I forget the fine details but that's the general reason for it.

Edit:
The original RE4 (Hideki Kamiya's game where HUNK is exploring -- wait for it! -- a big boat!) was going to be a PS2 exclusive and even had the working title of RE3 for a time.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Feb 13, 2019

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

You are correct! The article was in Retro gamer the other day. 3 is a spin-off whereas CV is the “true” 3. I just think they did a great job with the spinoff!

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Its probably a good thing that spinoff was made 3 instead of code veronica because 3 gave the series an extremely iconic monster and showed the end of raccoon city whereas code veronica is a piece of poo poo and probably would've straight up killed the series.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Andrigaar posted:

You have 17 minutes to clear three bosses and run. It might actually be enough time.

"Seventeen. Seven-teen minutes is all I can spare to play with you."

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Pretty much. Some sort of deal was struck so that Sony's consoles would get all the numbered sequels while everyone else would get whatever title was floating around. I forget the fine details but that's the general reason for it.

Edit:
The original RE4 (Hideki Kamiya's game where HUNK is exploring -- wait for it! -- a big boat!) was going to be a PS2 exclusive and even had the working title of RE3 for a time.

I assumed Kamiya's original RE4 was starring a guy named Tony and that became Devil May Cry

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

0 rows returned posted:

Its probably a good thing that spinoff was made 3 instead of code veronica because 3 gave the series an extremely iconic monster and showed the end of raccoon city whereas code veronica is a piece of poo poo and probably would've straight up killed the series.
Eh, Code Veronica is a decent Resi game with an enjoyably idiotic story.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

God, it's just astounding how bad every aspect of Operation Raccoon City is.

YouSpoonyBard
May 10, 2007
You Killed Anna!

What do you need to do in order to get one-cycle out of Birkin 2? Is it purely damage or is there a trick to it?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

YouSpoonyBard posted:

What do you need to do in order to get one-cycle out of Birkin 2? Is it purely damage or is there a trick to it?

Damage. Watch for the eye to turn a deeper orange and get him then.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

From what I have seen, if you can make him take a knee at least twice, you can probably one cycle him. Carcinogen had it mathed down to something like, one flame grenade while he's in the ceiling, one while you're running past him in the hall, grenade, flash, four magnum shots, grenade, flash, hit him with the crane.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

It took me until my 2nd run to notice there are two buttons for the crane. Twice I got Birkin ready to get whacked then I smashed myself off the edge like Wile E Coyote.

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

snoremac posted:

Oh yes it is. It’s a lovely and very dumb game.

RE3 is as well. It get like they accidentally stumbled onto this winning formula which involved us going to Raccoon City again, but this time being pursued relentlessly by a monster who just wants us to shine! :downsrim:(The only word Nemesis says is “STARS!” for those who don’t know what I’m on about.)

I’d love to see them both get remade if I’m honest. And I think Nemesis is more likely to be remade, because when they did it the first time they could develop it quickly because the assets already existed with RE2... so having just done RE2... (you can see where this is going...) :derp:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

marshmallow creep posted:

From what I have seen, if you can make him take a knee at least twice, you can probably one cycle him. Carcinogen had it mathed down to something like, one flame grenade while he's in the ceiling, one while you're running past him in the hall, grenade, flash, four magnum shots, grenade, flash, hit him with the crane.

Flame grenade and magnum shots?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
The sparkshot, is it for high damage or situational use instead, like immobilising the embryos?
I've unloaded it on g3 but wasn't sure if I should have just used it somewhere else, because I end up killing it with the pistol

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

In Training posted:

He used both. Claire's revolver basically turns into a magnum with the frame upgrade, so that's the shorthand instead of saying "high powered ammunition."

YouSpoonyBard
May 10, 2007
You Killed Anna!

In Training posted:

The Reinforced SPS 60 is essentially Claire's magnum.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

snoremac posted:

This is where I would like to post a gif of Wesker wallrunning.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

If you think of CV and its goofiness as the real RE3, then the swerve to RE4's antics is much less severe.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Night10194 posted:

God, it's just astounding how bad every aspect of Operation Raccoon City is.

Its not good at all, with the extreme bullet spongyness of the bosses being the worst part, but the final mission being a prisoners dilemma shoot out with your coop buddies is worth noting as being awesome. I got good mileage from it and may possibly be a member of the only group to ever play the dlc campaign with randos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I tried ORC once. I bought it cheap and got some of the DLC weapons. I don't think i finished a single mission.