Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Narsham posted:

I am going to be opening a door before we finish the scenario, so I'd suggest letting me do it unless we want a third room revealed. Given that, I'd prefer if you either jumped the shaman or went for some coins.

Right, no worries, I'll stay away from top left. Spending some time on coins can't hurt too much when we're in relatively good shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Inox Encampment Round 10B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

None!

23. Inox Shaman 3(E) posted:

- Inox Shaman 3(E) focuses Master Splinter! Moves 2 to A3(TopRight) HEALs Self for 3 HP.
Inox Shaman 3(E) is at 3 HP.

Even if the Shaman was at full life, he still executes the action on his Ability Card for the Round, since this may be relevant for other characters - although it is not in this case. When an enemy draws an HEAL card, they'll try to HEAL themselves or an ally within the specified Range, picking whoever has lost the most HPs.

35. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Skewer (bot)! Moves 6 to B4(TopRight) through F2, G2, door hex(TopRight), A5(TR), B6(TR). Gains 1XP. LOSS card!
- Bullwinkle uses Balanced Measures (top)! Attacks Inox Shaman 3(E) for 6 (6base, +0mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Inox Shaman 3(E) is at 3 HP.

Let's be clear, there is nothing "balanced" about any of this :black101:

82. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

- Rocky uses Dirt Tornado (bot)! Moves 3 to A3
- Rocky uses Backup Ammunition (top)! Permanent Bonus active: On your next four ranged Attack actions, gain ADD TARGET - Gain 1XP each trigger, then LOSS.

Rocky gets ready to shoot some Inox.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- Scenario Objective: 13/15
- DARK is waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Man, backup ammo earthen clod is a great way to enter a room. Two range 5 immobilize attacks pretty much guarantees no retaliation.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Reik posted:

Man, backup ammo earthen clod is a great way to enter a room. Two range 5 immobilize attacks pretty much guarantees no retaliation.

Yep. Crater isn't terrible for the push 2s if you know the room is big enough to shove people out of their effective engagement range. Honestly, in this scenario there's enough ranged attack that it's still a bit risky, but the big heal also puts out the Earth craggie needs for the maneuver.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Update may be delayed. There are some issues with one of the players card selection for the Round :)

EDIT: actually the error was on me! Apologies!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Feb 15, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Inox Encampment Round 11A

None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand2, Discarded4, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 8 with Perverse Edge and Fearsome Blade.

8. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Zulily Zoetrope) posted:

code:
"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range2 - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"

"FEARSOME BLADE (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - PUSH3 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - ATK2 - XP2 - LOSS"
Bullwinkle (Hand6, Discarded1, Active0, Lost3) is acting at initiative 27 with Spare Dagger and Grab and Go.

27. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

code:
"SPARE DAGGER (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - XP1
BOT: ATK2"

"GRAB AND GO (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: LOOT1
BOT: MOVE4"
Rocky (Hand6, Discarded1, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 29 with Rumbling Advance and Opposing Strike.

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

code:
"RUMBLING ADVANCE (29) [Lvl1]
TOP: HEAL4, Range2 - Generate EARTH
BOT: MOVE2 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH"

"OPPOSING STRIKE (46) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PBAOE (check image) - XP1
BOT: Permanent Bonus - On the next six melee attacks targeting you, gain RETALIATE2 - Gain XP1 on 1st, 3rd and 5th trigger - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Just going to mind my own business and grab some coins. I think this shaman might be a pacifist, though. :smith:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Hey, he’s the one who walked into knifing range. I accept no blame in what’s about to happen.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Hey, he’s the one who walked into knifing range. I accept no blame in what’s about to happen.

He just wanted a hug :(

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Ripley posted:

Just going to mind my own business and grab some coins. I think this shaman might be a pacifist, though. :smith:

You call him a pacifist now, but what about when an Archer flips over that Bless card he would've added to deck?

Splinter and Bullwinkle need 17 experience to hit level 2, and Rocky need 14. They should get 6 experience for completing a level 1 scenario, so they need to earn 11 and 8 experience during the scenario respectively.

Splinter is currently 3 experience short, Rocky is 2 experience away, and Bullwinkle is 5.

:munch: I think Bullwinkle missed an experience point in round 6, though? Skewer should have earned 1.

If Bullwinkle only needs 4 more experience, a single round of Trample + Shield Bash would do it.

Reik fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 15, 2019

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Reik posted:

Splinter is currently 3 experience short, Rocky is 2 experience away, and Bullwinkle is 5.

Won't be a problem for Rocky.

Next turn I'll have a complicated action that will get both the XP and will require some tricky contingency orders.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Inox Encampment Round 11B

- Bullwinkle should have gained 1XP on Round 6 by using Skewer (top)! (Thanks Reik!)

- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks Inox Shaman 3(E) with DISADVANTAGE for 0 (1base, -1/+0mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Inox Shaman 3(E) is at 3 HP and is STUNNED!
- Master Splinter uses Fearsome Blade (top)! Attacks Inox Shaman 3(E) for 0 (0base, CURSE NULL mod +2bonus) damage! Decides not to PUSH. Gains 1XP.
Inox Shaman 3(E) is at 3 HP and is STUNNED!
CURSE card removed from the deck.
ICE is now strong.

From beyond the veil, the dead Shaman's curses have struck Master Splinter, saving the Shaman's colleague! Truly, poetic justice.

27. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Spare Dagger (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves 1 to C3(TopRight)
- Bullwinkle uses Grab and Go (top)! LOOT1 and gains 2 coin tokens.

I don't know if the world is trying to tell us something but, maybe because of a negative karma buildup, there were no contingencies for Bullwinkle to attack the Shaman. As mentioned before, I'll try to stick as close as possible to the player's intent and in this case it was "Get paid!" Also, going for treasure instead of moving closer to the end of the Scenario could be a valid judgment call in this case (plus it gives more chances to milk XP), so I've stuck with the provided instructions...One of the quirks in asynchronous play, I guess. Or divine intervention! You choose :)

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

- Rocky uses Rumbling Advance (top)! HEAL4 Self!
Rocky is at 9 HP.
- Rocky uses Opposing Strike (bot)! Permanent Bonus active: On the next six melee attacks targeting you, gain RETALIATE2 - Gain XP1 on 2nd, 4th and 6th trigger, then LOSS.
EARTH is now strong.

Here's a card we don't see used very often: Opposin Strikes (bot) gives RETALIATE2 against melee attacks, up to 6 times before becoming lost. RETALIATE is a weird character ability, since to be able to take advantage of it, you need to get struck by an enemy, so it normally requires a lot of preparation to become viable. In this case, Narsham is trying to squeeze some extra XP out of it more than anything else.

89. Inox Shaman 3(E) posted:

- Inox Shaman 3(E) focuses Master Splinter! Loses STUN token.

The dangerous individual known as Inox Shaman 3(E) just stands there and prays (or at least tries to), while the enemies that have decimated his village try to kill him and plunder his hut.

- Scenario Objective: 13/15
- Master Splinter discards The Mind's Weakness! Master Splinter takes a Short Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, loses Frigid Apparition.
- ICE is now waning.
- EARTH is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Feb 16, 2019

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
:munch: I did think about including a contingency to actually be of some use to the team...

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Ripley posted:

:munch: I did think about including a contingency to actually be of some use to the team...

:quasi-coop.txt:

No Sad Coin left behind.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
No, this is good. That just means more exp for me! Also this is why you don’t let shamans live! I’ll take another stab at this. :ese:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
After that round we're at Rocky 2, Splinter 1, & Bullwinkle 4 for hitting level 2 which in theory could all be earned in this round.

Reik fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 16, 2019

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
I'm opening my door this round and likely being a bit reckless to show off retaliation. Having seen someone play a successful retaliation-based character, I can say it's quite viable but relies fairly heavily on being able to stack sources of retaliation. That isn't easy at this stage of play. Retaliate is OK as an extra source of damage against shielded enemies, but mostly useless against ranged attackers, relies on you either taking damage, having a lot of shield, or having some way to put and pull curses from the monster modifier deck, and gives you less control over damage timing because monsters don't always attack.

Several specific unlockable characters working together could create a retaliate-monster, but it's not something I'd expect to see happen through spontaneous play.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Retaliate is more useful than it's often made out to be, but it's definitely not going to be Plan A most of the time. "I'm going to pop Retaliate and go get punched in the face" is a bad plan, but "I can't guarantee that I won't get punched in the face so I might as well get some free damage out of it" is fine.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Edit: was a vague spoiler for an unlockable class

Piell fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Feb 16, 2019

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Hey guys maybe don’t talk about specific things that locked classes do?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Hey guys maybe don’t talk about specific things that locked classes do?

Yes please, let's try to keep this as much spoiler free as possible. I know it's just a few hints, but after a while these kind of conversations tend to devolve into either "more and more accurate hints" or REDACTED top secret documents :)

EDIT: of course you are free to discuss general game mechanics as much as you want to!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
It has a lot to do with the timing of the retaliate cards. Since the bottom of Opposing Strike is a persistent effect, if you were to play it early on in the scenario there's a pretty good chance you'll get all 12 damage out of it eventually. However, if you were to play the top of Brute's Eye for an Eye, there's a chance you don't end up being focused by any melee enemies in the round you have your retaliate up, making it worthless. Persistent Retaliate effects tend to be more valuable because of this.

Reik fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 16, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Straight White Shark posted:

Retaliate is more useful than it's often made out to be, but it's definitely not going to be Plan A most of the time. "I'm going to pop Retaliate and go get punched in the face" is a bad plan, but "I can't guarantee that I won't get punched in the face so I might as well get some free damage out of it" is fine.

Yeah this. The biggest issue I have with retaliate is that it doesn't scale well at higher difficulties. If you're going to use it, use it early in the campaign. You'll know when it's not being effective :)

That won't be for a long time in this campaign though.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Straight White Shark posted:

:ssh: This may be a part of my plan.

Reik posted:

It has a lot to do with the timing of the retaliate cards. Since the bottom of Opposing Strike is a persistent effect, if you were to play it early on in the scenario there's a pretty good chance you'll get all 12 damage out of it eventually. However, if you were to play the top of Brute's Eye for an Eye, there's a chance you don't end up being focused by any melee enemies in the round you have your retaliate up, making it worthless. Persistent Retaliate effects tend to be more valuable because of this.

For a more melee-based Cragheart, it's a viable opener. Early-game Cragheart is almost never going to exhaust on cards due to time and going 11 to 10 is viable. With Splinter and Bullwinkle getting all stabby, Rocky is probably better served with Backup Ammunition.

There's a very specific use for something like the bottom of Opposing Strike but as we may see it happen this turn, I'll hold off on discussing it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Retaliate is definitely underrated, but it is darn situational. Its main drawback is that it's entirely annulled by enemies drawing non-attack cards, but if you can engineer a situation where one character has stacks of shield and retaliate, or can immobilize a group of ranged enemies and make them do whiffy disadvantaged attacks and eating damage in return, it's very sweet. One example we've seen are Living Bones, who have a persistent shield and a "hit a single enemy multiple times" attack. You can grind a whole room to dust in a turn in a case where they all suicide against one character, but it's going to take a lot of persistent buffs and/or luck to actually find yourself in that specific situation.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Inox Encampment Round 12A

None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Master Splinter (Hand6, Discarded0, Active0, Lost4) is acting at initiative 8 with Perverse Edge and The Mind's Weakness.

code:
"PERVERSE EDGE (08) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - Add +2ATK and gain XP1 for each negative condition on the target - LOSS
BOT: ATK1, Range2 - STUN - Generate ICE - XP1"

"THE MIND'S WEAKNESS (75) [Lvl1]
TOP:  Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks add +2ATK - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: ATK1 - WOUND"
Bullwinkle (Hand4, Discarded3, Active0, Lost3) is acting at initiative 32 with Warding Strength and Trample.

32. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

code:
"WARDING STRENGTH (32) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3 - PUSH2
BOT: Permanent bonus On the next six sources of damage from attacks targeting you, gain Shield1 - Gain XP on 2nd, 4th and 6th trigger - LOSS"

"TRAMPLE (72) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PIERCE2
BOT: MOVE4, Jump - ATK2 (Target all enemies moved through) - XP2 - LOSS"
Rocky (Hand4, Discarded2, Active2, Lost3) is acting at initiative 61 with Crater and Earthen Clod.

61. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

code:
"CRATER (61) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Consume EARTH: PUSH2, XP1
BOT: All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - MOVE4, Jump - XP1 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage, Consume EARTH: suffer 2 damage instead, XP1 - LOSS"

"EARTHEN CLOD (38) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range5 - Consume EARTH: IMMOBILIZE, XP1
BOT: HEAL2, Range3"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Rocky's turn looks obvious from here: enter with crater, attack something with earthen clod, retaliate.

E: also that shaman deck. Shamans feel like priority targets, always aim for the healer.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
That shaman just wants to be friends. Stop murdering and go hug it :(

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Omobono posted:

Rocky's turn looks obvious from here: enter with crater, attack something with earthen clod, retaliate.

E: also that shaman deck. Shamans feel like priority targets, always aim for the healer.

We still haven't seen one of their most disruptive cards. That 1 in 8 chance is just infrequent enough that you can't plan around its play, so it can really mess with someone. We've been lucky that the healing has been mostly a non-factor.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Omobono posted:

You are correct. When they're not healing they're still going fast and hitting people with status ailments. They suck and deserve murder.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Forgot to turn on my remote machine this morning, so update will have to wait till evening GMT :/ Apologies!

EDIT: I was able to get it online, update to follow!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Feb 18, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Inox Encampment Round 12B

- None!

NOTE: ICE and EARTH should be waning instead of inert.

- Master Splinter uses The Mind's Weakness (top)! Permanent Bonus active: On your melee attacks add +2ATK.
Attacks Inox Shaman 3(E) for 2 (1base, -1mod +2bonus) damage! Gains 1XP.
Inox Shaman 3(E) is at 1 HP.
- Master Splinter uses Perverse Edge (bot)! Attacks Inox Shaman 3(E) with DISADVANTAGE for 1 (1base, x2/+0mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Inox Shaman 3(E) is killed!.
ICE is now strong.

Maximum :ese: XP gain for Splinter, at the cost of not being able to loot the coin.

32. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Ripley) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Trample (bot)! Activates Boots of Striding! Jumps 6 to E3. Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
- Bullwinkle uses Warding Strength (top)! Does nothing!
Bullwinkle executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token.

High speed capitalism!

61. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Narsham) posted:

- Rocky uses Crater (bot)! Jumps 1 to door hex Top Left.

Inox Shaman 1 revealed!
Inox Guard 1 revealed!

- Rocky Jumps 3 to B3(TopLeft). Deals 1 damage to Inox Shaman 1 and Inox Guard 1! Gains 1XP. LOSS card!
Inox Shaman 1 is at 5 HP.
Inox Guard 1 is at 7 HP.
- Rocky uses Earthen Clod (top)! Activates Eagle-Eye Goggles! Consumes EARTH!
Attacks Inox Shaman 1 for 2 (2base, +0mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Backup Ammunition's first trigger! Gains 1XP. Attacks Inox Guard 1 for 4 (2base, x2BLESS mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
BLESS card removed from the deck.
Inox Shaman 1 is at 3 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!
Inox Guard 1 is at 3 HP and is IMMOBILIZED!

That was a profitable round for Rocky!

23. Inox Shaman 1 posted:

- Inox Shaman 1 focuses Rocky! HEAL3 Inox Guard 1. Loses IMMOBILIZED token.
Inox Guard 1 is at 6 HP.

Breaking news: an Inox Shaman finally manages to heals someone!

70. Inox Guard 1 posted:

- Inox Guard 1 focuses Rocky! Attacks Rocky for 3 (3base, +0mod) damage. Loses IMMOBILIZED token.
Rockyis at 6 HP
Opposing Strikes's first trigger! Rocky RETALIATEs for 2 damage!
Inox Guard 1is at 4 HP

- Scenario Objective: 14/15
- Master Splinter's deck is shuffled!
- ICE is now waning.

The next Round may very well be the last one, unless our active players want to prolong the suffering try and milk the Scenario for some more loot/XP. If that's the case, discuss your options itt and, after agreeing to how many rounds you want this to last, please send me aggregate orders up the end! We'll have a small "loot and pillage" session to speed things up instead of doing a round-by-round play, unless something funky happens.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Good news is the Shaman will heal the guard (4 HP missing) instead of himself (3 HP missing) unless there's a double target heal in the shaman deck, so Rocky should be able to finish him and maybe loot a coin.

Pity Rocky's loot 1 card is lost.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It would take me three turns to shlep to the coins in the center hut due to having lost all but one of my viable move cards, and I see no need to extend the scenario for that long, unless you guys are scheming to take a bunch of punches in the face for exp and loot reasons; I've got enough experience to level up and enough cash to pay off my murder footprint at the Great Oak. I'll just grab the adjacent coin and start plodding towards the Rocky room to act as backup in case the cards decide to screw us over.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Bullwinkle needs 2 xp to hit level 2 after this scenario, so extending the scenario one more round wouldn't be a bad idea.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It would take me three turns to shlep to the coins in the center hut due to having lost all but one of my viable move cards, and I see no need to extend the scenario for that long, unless you guys are scheming to take a bunch of punches in the face for exp and loot reasons; I've got enough experience to level up and enough cash to pay off my murder footprint at the Great Oak. I'll just grab the adjacent coin and start plodding towards the Rocky room to act as backup in case the cards decide to screw us over.

round 13: Loot 1 then non loss move 4, short rest and get back the loot 1
Round 14: move 4 then loot 1

Should net you 3 coins. You've got two move 4 cards left.

Reik fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 18, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
There's no downside to being exhausted so long as your teammates still win, right? Even if Rocky gets knocked out by those two the others should still be able to kill at least one of them and end the scenario. The team gets the extra loot and xp from prolonging things for little risk

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Slaan posted:

There's no downside to being exhausted so long as your teammates still win, right? Even if Rocky gets knocked out by those two the others should still be able to kill at least one of them and end the scenario. The team gets the extra loot and xp from prolonging things for little risk

The only downside is if you have a battle goal associated with not exhausting.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Slaan posted:

I think that's unlikely, but I'm not concerned about getting exhausted. (Actual worst-case is losing two cards from my discard.)

If we want to run a fast forward, here are my proposed next two turns.
12: generic move two onto the coin next to the guard. Trigger retaliate on the guard for 1 XP and 2 damage (if applicable). Short rest, accepting any card drawn for the loss.
13: generic move 2 onto other coin. Probably not enough targets to trigger Backup Ammo again, but queue up a ranged attack at my slowest possible initiative to clean up if the Brute's attack misses.

The only concern here is that the guard might kill himself on my retaliate, but that takes two turns so as long as the Brute can get to the shaman as an alternate target, he can get his 2 XP.

Edit: Brute's best speed can't reach the shaman unless it moves closer. If I go to the A2 coin we can shift the shaman into the B row if it draws an attack.
Second edit: I could choose to lose my retaliation card after it triggers on the next turn. That can be done at any time and ensures the guard survives to be Bullwinkle's victim.

Narsham fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Feb 18, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I find it funny that Rocky was actually in a position where the top of Opposing Strike would have been useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Reik posted:

Bullwinkle needs 2 xp to hit level 2 after this scenario, so extending the scenario one more round wouldn't be a bad idea.

round 13: Loot 1 then non loss move 4, short rest and get back the loot 1
Round 14: move 4 then loot 1

Should net you 3 coins. You've got two move 4 cards left.

That's not an unfair point. Moving onto the door tile would take me as close to the action as any other tile, either way.