Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I fixed my crashing errors by rolling back my nvidia drivers and even with this patch im scared to redownload them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
FPS improvement is pretty huge, just testing training area I'm much more stable at 144, used to dip to 110-120ish looking around, now I stay above 140. Molotov nades still tank you like crazy though, dropped to like 50fps using 3 of them in front of me, I think particles are poorly optimized.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I feel like I am the only person who ever drops into Thunderdome. Is there a secret reason it's bad?

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Cicadalek posted:

I fixed my crashing errors by rolling back my nvidia drivers and even with this patch im scared to redownload them

I did that bullshit with the amd drivers and went back to the newest after nothing was actually affecting how much I crashed except seemingly rng jesus.

But new patch seems to be rare, in that not only has it fixed the crashing, but the performance went up 25%+ for me, and I have a fairly old fx-6300 with an aging r9 390x so it's not like I should be running a brand new game at highest settings with this good of FPS. Like overwatch for me on low I can avg 140fps, I'm avging 130 in Apex at everything cranked except ragdolls and sun shows set to low, as all that does is make shadows sharp for ~reasons~ which in my eyes just looks shittier and also the associated ~13% performance hit is not worth it.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Ravenfood posted:

I feel like I am the only person who ever drops into Thunderdome. Is there a secret reason it's bad?

There's not a whole lot of loot but my crew drops there regularly because it has good access to skull town. Same deal with the Pit and Slum Lakes.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/drdisrespect/status/1095729838562791424?s=20

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
Game 4 on new patch my game did the random crash dance

So maybe not the perfect patch yet

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how come the game doesn't have reconnect. that's a pretty basic thing for multiplayer games nowadays.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I wish I had some conception of the range on Bloodhound’s ability.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

The Kingfish posted:

I wish I had some conception of the range on Bloodhound’s ability.

its pretty limited and it gives away your position but its good for clearing a small prefab structure and its good late game with narrow circles

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

cargo cult posted:

its pretty limited and it gives away your position but its good for clearing a small prefab structure and its good late game with narrow circles

wait it gives away your position? this is good to know.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

PantsOptional posted:

The map is indeed goonmade, by Wilko, the dude who got so good at modding Payday 2 that he got hired on by them. I’ll be interested to see if he makes anything for this.

I'm going to keep the map updated for as long as I can, provided I don't have to do a load of manually inputting coordinates.

and I also made mods for Titanfall 2! https://titanfallmods.com/

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

shiksa posted:

wait it gives away your position? this is good to know.

Yeah everyone else can see the ping even if it doesn't hit you.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Bardeh posted:

The Devotion is awful. Never any ammo, huge recoil, spinup time makes it annoying to use. Would rather have practically any other gun aside from the lovely pistols.

But when you hose down an entire squad with it wiping them, then revive your dead homie afterwards it feels pretty :chord:

Fans posted:

Executions aren’t just for fun, if they got a purple resist shield it’s quicker to just execute them than punch or shoot them down. Especially if they’re trying to crawl outside of cover and expose you.

And if you want to do some sweet grapple tricks with Pathfinder this vid is a great explanation

https://youtu.be/dxSmRqIxaHw

This video is good stuff.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

how come the game doesn't have reconnect. that's a pretty basic thing for multiplayer games nowadays.

Games move really fast. Even if you reconnect 1 minute later your going to be out of position and screwed. I think as soon as they deal with the whole 25M people so far thing the servers will be fine. I rarely have issues now, at that.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
The bigger the game gets the more I wonder (and worry) how EA will change their interaction and scrutiny with the game.

Wub a Dub Sub
Feb 13, 2012

to the heart and mind
ignorance is kind

there's no comfort in the truth
pain is all youll find

so im never gonna dance again
guilty feet have got no rhythem...
add me up TImboSlice42069

for

some

GAMES

on pc

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
A teammate picked up my banner for the first time in the 20ish games I've played today

They ran towards a respawn point outside of the ring and died before they got to it

Glad I'm getting all of the bad teammates so no one else has to

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
I'm surprised the map loot tiers aren't randomized at all. I kinda just assumed they would be.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

NeurosisHead posted:

A teammate picked up my banner for the first time in the 20ish games I've played today

They ran towards a respawn point outside of the ring and died before they got to it

Glad I'm getting all of the bad teammates so no one else has to

I've been ressurected more times than I can count, sucks to be you man

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Anyone playing this with a 2070 @ 1440p? Results?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Just had my first actual game crash. Frustrating.

turtleface posted:

I'm surprised the map loot tiers aren't randomized at all. I kinda just assumed they would be.

This would be nice.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I still have sound issues with this game. I can't set my speakers to 7.1 >:^( but I can set my headphones to 7.1. It's not too big a deal...I just like my speakers better.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

orange sky posted:

I've been ressurected more times than I can count, sucks to be you man

yeah ive had no problem matching with people who are up for cooperating, only a couple stinkers here and there.

its honestly shocking, and if i weren't able to play this with randos without a mic and still get the full experience, i probably wouldn't be here.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

codo27 posted:

Anyone playing this with a 2070 @ 1440p? Results?

I'm playing with a 2070 at 4k and it's fine. I was playing at max settings but just recently turned them down as I wasn't getting a consistent 60 frames. I'm getting 100 now.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

kung fu jive posted:

I'm playing with a 2070 at 4k and it's fine. I was playing at max settings but just recently turned them down as I wasn't getting a consistent 60 frames. I'm getting 100 now.

I don't know how a 1080ti on 3440x1440 compares to 2070 (is that one generation or two?), but with that and an i5 6600k on high settings I'm holding at least 60--closer to 100-- frames per second at all times unless the game is about to outright crash (which seems to temporarily spike the poor CPU and GPU--dunno what to make of that)

(edit) Turned off volumetric lighting for vision purposes, though. Think that's the only custom setting

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Won my very first game last night with a pubbie team making smart moves like ambushing the last squad the instant they wiped the second to last squad. Game's good, folks.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Jack B Nimble posted:

The bigger the game gets the more I wonder (and worry) how EA will change their interaction and scrutiny with the game.

game published by EA turns out bad: of course another game hosed up by EA, FIGURES
game published by EA turns out good: EA had absolutely nothing to do with this game and I hope they never touch it!!!

people need to stop worrying about EA

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

turtleface posted:

I would guess they tested it and it wasn't as fun because you couldn't 'learn' the maps in a general sense. Like we always know where action is at the start of the match, there is no ambiguity of it. I think if it was randomized the matches maybe would go slower as people wouldn't group as much in the loot zones. The loot itself being randomized I think is more than enough.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

shiksa posted:

yeah ive had no problem matching with people who are up for cooperating, only a couple stinkers here and there.

its honestly shocking, and if i weren't able to play this with randos without a mic and still get the full experience, i probably wouldn't be here.

Watching streams everything that folks say about the team play being great seems legit, I'm just not experiencing it personally and bouncing off of the game real hard. Free to play though, so no harm no foul.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Retro42 posted:

Games move really fast. Even if you reconnect 1 minute later your going to be out of position and screwed. I think as soon as they deal with the whole 25M people so far thing the servers will be fine. I rarely have issues now, at that.

you're always gonna have game crashes or someone having to restart because their mouse is fucky or something. pubg is absolute dogshit and has reconnect. you know your pals can wait for you to reconnect, right?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Get yourself some friend(s) because rando's will make you question the existence of god as you watch them make the most disappointing decisions.

That or git gud enough to hold your own in a fight and know when to bug out when things go south.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I love camping at the edge of a fight and casually throwing in a mortar strike once the gunshots stop to mop up the surviving team in seconds.

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat
Can I get added to the Goon Community? Two accounts - Mondo_Gentleman and Von_Dilsnick. tia

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

you're always gonna have game crashes or someone having to restart because their mouse is fucky or something. pubg is absolute dogshit and has reconnect. you know your pals can wait for you to reconnect, right?

I mean, I agree that it would be a nice feature to have, but games are only 20 minutes long maximum, and there is absolutely no penalty for leaving, so if someone has to restart you can all just join a new game if you really want to.

Optical Inch posted:

Can I get added to the Goon Community? Two accounts - Mondo_Gentleman and Von_Dilsnick. tia

what? Just join the discord - https://discord.gg/cZm24Q

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Got my first win yesterday off the back of seeing movement in the second floor room and throwing a backpack of grenades in the door, downing someone immediately. I got downed by the last guy, but I had an epic downed shield and he couldn't execute me without getting shot, so I just crawled after him pinging him so he couldn't hide from my team. Relatedly, it is hilarious that you can jump while downed.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

tweet my meat posted:

I love camping at the edge of a fight and casually throwing in a mortar strike once the gunshots stop to mop up the surviving team in seconds.

I wish there was an agreed way to say via ping to do this, instead of "turn the 1v1 squad fight into a 1v1v1 immediately" as tends to happen to me (sometimes my fault, sometimes not)

yeah, there's voice and text, but the ping system is so much easier when things get hectic

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Ciaphas posted:

I wish there was an agreed way to say via ping to do this, instead of "turn the 1v1 squad fight into a 1v1v1 immediately" as tends to happen to me (sometimes my fault, sometimes not)

yeah, there's voice and text, but the ping system is so much easier when things get hectic

Use a defending here ping at the spot you wanna camp and then a watching here ping on the fight.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

panda clue posted:

game published by EA turns out bad: of course another game hosed up by EA, FIGURES
game published by EA turns out good: EA had absolutely nothing to do with this game and I hope they never touch it!!!

people need to stop worrying about EA

no, EA poisons everything it touches, never stop worrying about them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping

Morphix posted:

I would guess they tested it and it wasn't as fun because you couldn't 'learn' the maps in a general sense. Like we always know where action is at the start of the match, there is no ambiguity of it. I think if it was randomized the matches maybe would go slower as people wouldn't group as much in the loot zones. The loot itself being randomized I think is more than enough.

Yeah I suppose. They could also just make the area tiers visible in the drop map. It would mix up where the hot zones are (unless it already is and I've just completely missed it).