Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

marshmallow creep posted:

I tried ORC once. I bought it cheap and got some of the DLC weapons. I don't think i finished a single mission.

If you bought it cheap you were too late, it was dead withing like 2 weeks of launch which is still 14 days longer than Umbrella Corps lived for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://imgur.com/gallery/E2jY3hB

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Honest Thief posted:

The sparkshot, is it for high damage or situational use instead, like immobilising the embryos?
I've unloaded it on g3 but wasn't sure if I should have just used it somewhere else, because I end up killing it with the pistol

I use it for plants in the labs. You get enough ammo (if you go to the hiding place) to put them down each time you have to pass by and it saves you a lot of flame rounds.

If you do want to burn the plants though don’t use the spark shot and then put a flame round into them on the ground. Maybe it was just the adaptive difficultly on Standard catching up with me but if I knocked down plants with the spark shot it always took 2 flame rounds to burn them completely. I’ve seen people use 1 round on the ground after popping their bulbs with the pistol so it seems that does more damage than the spark shot discharge.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Sorry if this has been asked before, but are there less hip pouches available on hardcore?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but are there less hip pouches available on hardcore?

There are only 3 in Hardcore.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Honestly, grab the one in the safe right at the start and then you are good, especially if you are going for an S.

I am glad I did my no-item-box run on a regular difficulty though, becuase I needed those upgrades to make up for stuff I couldn't drop.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
http://imgur.com/gallery/E2jY3hB

gently caress you.

DEAD GAY FORUM fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 13, 2019

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Few more details on the free DLC here, sounds alright, new enemy variants with a bit of replay value and such. I'm expecting something like the Not a Hero DLC but not in featureless dark caves.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/02/13/resident-evil-2-dlc-the-ghost-survivors-launches-february-15-on-ps4/

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."

quote:

Don’t forget to swing by the PlayStation Store to grab free ’98 Costumes for Claire and Leon, also available on the 15th. These costumes are just as polygonal as you remember from the original Resident Evil 2 on PlayStation, and make for a great nostalgia trip. See you all in Raccoon City.

This is probably the thing I'm most excited about in this free DLC. Looking polygonal and awesome. Like the original Lara Croft :derp:

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

SettingSun posted:

There are only 3 in Hardcore.

Ah bugger, cheers.

I love as well how Birkin proclaims G as the species that will surpass humanity when all it does is live amongst actual poo poo in the sewers and occasionally produce horrifically malformed offspring.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Finally completed the last of the Tofu missions this morning (the grenade one) and completed the Records list. The only unlocks I have left are the S+ Hardcore weapons, which I'll probably attempt since I can't get enough of this game.

Bring on the DLC!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
How about a DLC where you play as Mr. X

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Ah bugger, cheers.

I love as well how Birkin proclaims G as the species that will surpass humanity when all it does is live amongst actual poo poo in the sewers and occasionally produce horrifically malformed offspring.
It might have been if he actually got to finish working on it :v:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Ah bugger, cheers.

One of the funniest files I found was Birkin's memo that says

"G will surpass humanity etc."

And the next paragraph says "Subject loses all cognitive abilities"

Wow Birkin you did not think this through

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Accordion Man posted:

Yeah, RE4 really doesn't need a remake. 4 has aged well and it wouldn't really benefit it from nearly as much as 3 or Code Veronica would.

It could use a facelift, some decent controls and the end sections are bad. But RE4 is really god drat ugly, probably the worst looking of all of the games. It was sandwiched between the prerendered games that had a uniqueness to them, but before the HD games where Capcom had the horsepower and tools to really make the realistic aesthetic look good.. So you end up with this game that wants to look realistic but doesn't quite cut it with muddy textures everywhere, environments that lack details, lots of brown.

If they ever remade RE4 though they better not gently caress with the inventory system.

Is the RE2 DLC out for all platforms this weekend?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

WaltherFeng posted:

One of the funniest files I found was Birkin's memo that says

"G will surpass humanity etc."

And the next paragraph says "Subject loses all cognitive abilities"

Wow Birkin you did not think this through

Or he did, and he was one of those depressive assholes who thinks sentience is overrated.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Yeah, the Birkins are shithouse rat crazy mad scientists.

IIRC the leech guy from Zero was the only not-mad scientist until he was infected and changed. But all of the Spencers and Birkins and everyone in CV and 4 especially were super duper mustache twirly.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

Few more details on the free DLC here, sounds alright, new enemy variants with a bit of replay value and such. I'm expecting something like the Not a Hero DLC but not in featureless dark caves.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/02/13/resident-evil-2-dlc-the-ghost-survivors-launches-february-15-on-ps4/

Sounds slick, and I'm just one tofu clear away from 100% records, so it's perfect timing. Thank you Capcom! It also sounds a lot like Mercenaries...

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Yeah, the Birkins are shithouse rat crazy mad scientists.

IIRC the leech guy from Zero was the only not-mad scientist until he was infected and changed. But all of the Spencers and Birkins and everyone in CV and 4 especially were super duper mustache twirly.
Old man Ashford was relatively sane compared to his business associates and test tube children.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the last thing I could do to consider this game totally done in my mind is a 0 Save Hardcore S+ Run but I also know it would take like 3 or 4 attempts failed on G3 to actually finish that and the idea of failing a run after 1:15 seems too demoralizing to actually try

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

given the history of Robert Kendo's letter in the EX Files from RE2's N64 edition, I'd bet that his "old friend" with the chopper is absolutely Barry Burton and if true I'm excited

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Even Marcus was a eugenicist who eventually graduated to murder.

Accordion Man posted:

Old man Ashford was relatively sane compared to his business associates and test tube children.

Yeah, although he also died barely two years after Umbrella was initially founded, and he grew up with Marcus and Spencer, so if he'd lived he'd probably have gotten obsessed with making spider-people or something.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Incidentally, the remake has reawakened much of my obsession with this franchise, so I've been looking stuff up on the Fandom wiki.

It's surprisingly elaborate, but I'm starting to get convinced that there's some idiot or group of idiots on there that's trying to quietly rewrite or fanwank the series. It's not just that they're citing untranslated developer interviews or obscure trivia from some audio play or what-have-you, as that's pretty much always been a thing, but I could swear there's stuff on there that's just being made up out of whole cloth 'cause some fan wants it to be true.

I suppose it's fair. RE has always had its share of weird obsessed plot mavens. At least it's not the Silent Hill circumcision guy.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

given the history of Robert Kendo's letter in the EX Files from RE2's N64 edition, I'd bet that his "old friend" with the chopper is absolutely Barry Burton and if true I'm excited

It probably is as we know he had a chopper and was in town.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Regarding Kendo, we don’t actually see him die in the remake do we? So we can have Kendo/Burton bro team going to take on Umbrella to avenge the loss of Kendo’s family.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

snoremac posted:

It took me until my 2nd run to notice there are two buttons for the crane. Twice I got Birkin ready to get whacked then I smashed myself off the edge like Wile E Coyote.
I tried to cheese out a victory when I got caught in the crane's path by using Birkin as a shield. I thought there was a *chance* the victory cutscene would trigger if Birkin got hit first, but noooooope.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Regarding Kendo, we don’t actually see him die in the remake do we? So we can have Kendo/Burton bro team going to take on Umbrella to avenge the loss of Kendo’s family.

It's a "lady or the tiger" scenario. He either shot himself, or he shot his kid. It's a lot more likely from what we saw that he shot himself.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Since the DLC stories are all "what-if" scenarios, it's a fuckin' shame that we won't be playing as Marvin kicking rear end and getting the gently caress out of dodge.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

Since the DLC stories are all "what-if" scenarios, it's a fuckin' shame that we won't be playing as Marvin kicking rear end and getting the gently caress out of dodge.

I don't think they realized how popular Marvin would turn out to be. If there's another wave of "Ghost Survivors," though, I have to figure he's a lock.

Leon gets back from the parking garage to find that Marvin's not turned, just gone. Smash cut to Marvin somewhere else, doing something else.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Wanderer posted:

It's a "lady or the tiger" scenario. He either shot himself, or he shot his kid. It's a lot more likely from what we saw that he shot himself.

DLC explicitly said something along the lines of "playing as people who did not make it"

HUNK described as the 4th Survivor will never not bug me when Ada, Jill, and Carlos also made it out

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
The whole game is so well acted for what little there is. And I'm happy they left it at that. Little notes, environmental storytelling and such.

I'm doing a run of Claire A collecting racoons and files and such and noticed two funny licker things:
1) When you open 2nd floor door after the locker room leading to STARS office, the first licker you meet is readily visible. If you shoot him, he won't react. You can pump him full of lead, proceed, he'll do his tongue thing, jump down, die and ragdoll in front of you.

2) The first licker on the wall in the garage is a bonus licker that will disappear from the game. If you shoot him, he'll go after you, but it's not one of the three lickers you'll encounter there. Shoot him if you feel licker lacking.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Wanderer posted:

I don't think they realized how popular Marvin would turn out to be. If there's another wave of "Ghost Survivors," though, I have to figure he's a lock.

Leon gets back from the parking garage to find that Marvin's not turned, just gone. Smash cut to Marvin somewhere else, doing something else.

I mean Marvin got brought back for an outbreak scenario which is more than most NPCs get.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Vic posted:

The whole game is so well acted for what little there is. And I'm happy they left it at that. Little notes, environmental storytelling and such.

I'm doing a run of Claire A collecting racoons and files and such and noticed two funny licker things:
1) When you open 2nd floor door after the locker room leading to STARS office, the first licker you meet is readily visible. If you shoot him, he won't react. You can pump him full of lead, proceed, he'll do his tongue thing, jump down, die and ragdoll in front of you.

2) The first licker on the wall in the garage is a bonus licker that will disappear from the game. If you shoot him, he'll go after you, but it's not one of the three lickers you'll encounter there. Shoot him if you feel licker lacking.

Lickers are definitely one of the more interesting enemies in the game. I love how most of the ones that burst into the room can be easily gamed by just slow walking when they show up. I think the only exceptions are the one that crashes into the interview room and the one that shows up after the C4 in the A route, they're both instantly aggressive.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Dewgy posted:

Lickers are definitely one of the more interesting enemies in the game. I love how most of the ones that burst into the room can be easily gamed by just slow walking when they show up. I think the only exceptions are the one that crashes into the interview room and the one that shows up after the C4 in the A route, they're both instantly aggressive.

For the interview room, I've found that if I just mash X/confirm on the mirror when it breaks, I'll hop across unmolested and the licker will just happily retreat to the ceiling. I can then hop back across later and slow walk out since the licker is no longer aggressive.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

DLC explicitly said something along the lines of "playing as people who did not make it"

HUNK described as the 4th Survivor will never not bug me when Ada, Jill, and Carlos also made it out

Puns take precedence over accuracy.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Wrex Ruckus posted:

For the interview room, I've found that if I just mash X/confirm on the mirror when it breaks, I'll hop across unmolested and the licker will just happily retreat to the ceiling. I can then hop back across later and slow walk out since the licker is no longer aggressive.

This works I did it in my last playthru

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

s.i.r.e. posted:

Alternatively, a prequel scenario set during the fall of the RPD that showcases some of the other officers and how Marvin got bit in the first place would be pretty kickass.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm starting to think using knives as an escape tool instead of a way to kill zombies is a mistake, because man do knives kill zombies good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Floodkiller posted:

Puns take precedence over accuracy.
He's called Mr. Four in Japan.