Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
the reason bomb is good is because it splits the defense

the only way to do this with the otherwise superior hostage mode would be to add another hostage(s).

fwiw the first R6 game had multiple hostages

container is a lovely gamemode because its like hostage but promotes explosive spam. and unlike hostage you can simply take 1 step into the obj to contest which is an even bigger problem than KotH Fuze. bomb is kind of the same but at least that bullshit is reduced slightly by the risky defuser deployment time. the main reason bomb is good is because of the A/B split moreso than the defuser phase meta

tl;dr get outta there its gonna blow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I love Hostage because it punishes roamers in a way no other mode even attempts, which stops them from being quite so ballsy, irritating, and ridiculous as in the other modes because they can actually be punished for it.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i like it because it punishes sloppy fraggers. the meatshield defense is the single most fun way to anchor imo

hostage in general is my favorite but bomb is probably best for eSp0rtz because it requires way more coordination and improvised line switching to successfuly defend both sites against competent players

i think hostage would be way more fun with the extraction zones somewhere really far - like the helipad on japan or whatever. the 2019 spawnpeek and runout meta has escalated to the point where firefights on the outskirts of the map are actually unfolding in fun yet sensible ways. deciding between camping the extraction zone and intercepting the hostage during the rescue phase is something that eve counter-strike still does better than Siege

remove container from the loving game and replace it with something more experimental for casual que

also make pick/ban the default ranked ruleset its actually good :thanks: ubi

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I enjoyed pick and ban a lot especially because it made my friends and me enjoy the game more by allowing us to ban ops we hate like Caveira (them) or Echo (me).

Also I agree, pushing the extraction zones back would help a lot and probably make it more interesting.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I enjoy the pick/ban system only because it brings ranked superior game time and round count into a casual environment. Now if only casual would let you see what objective point you're randomly getting and it would be perfect with S.I. rules.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Just remember: if you are 1v1 on hostage and you see ATK booking it for the exit with the hostage but you're inclined to hesitate because all you have is a 12gauge....just blast em both in the back and call it a day.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
The best part of pick and ban is banning ash and hearing the brainless idiots screech in chat

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Deltasquid posted:

The best part of pick and ban is banning ash and hearing the brainless idiots screech in chat

This conforms to my experience, too. A lot of players just incensed they'd have to pick CAPITAO or IQ or MAVERICK if they wanted to run fast and shoot mans. How terrifying!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Banning Ash and Doc is the the most delicious way to rile up shitters

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Funny, I just banned doc because I'm bad and like to shoot people in the torso and he's good against that and also commonly used for spawnpeeking :v:

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Banning Mira is underrated. Makes sites like Games Room on Villa and Oregon basement a lot more interesting

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
It's wild how much more enjoyable and less toxic siege is on a week day during school hours

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I wish I could get my teams to ban Ash, in my small sample of 3 games on console everybody wants to ban both shield ops then Lesion and then Echo of all things.

Nobody wants to ban Cav like at all.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
Echo is a good ban because if he's alive he can interrupt the plant and if he's dead their team can still use his drone(s) to spot.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Echo's just loving obnoxious to play against. Hate him, gladly ban him.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Bullbar posted:

It's wild how much more enjoyable and less toxic siege is on a week day during school hours

I'm only playing Siege now during week days since on weekends I'm having bad luck and get all the team killers.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Thats how i do it as well

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bullbar posted:

Same but after 9 PST on a school night

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

Same but after 9 PST on a school night

This. I usually only play after 9 pm Sunday and Monday. Maybe super late on Saturday.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I persevere through teamkillers and screeching 9-year-old racist mental subnormals

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Is it bad to take major satisfaction out of firing a shot so good it makes someone rage quit? I finally feel like I'm getting ok at this game.

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-392EheVUg

So, I thought Fuze was upstairs the whole time. After getting Capitao, I ran into the hallway when I heard Fuze's charge go off because it seemed like the safest place to be. I was aiming low to see if Capitao dropped the defuser which ended up getting me the kill on Fuze. Then after Twitch killed Mira and I got spotted, moving out of the way made Twitch think Valk was the one that got pinged. By then, she was trying to reposition, not expecting that a third enemy would be dumb enough to try the same doorway. The whole thing was pretty much luck.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege: The whole thing was pretty much luck

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
https://rainbow6.com/Y4_editions

Starter edition is going to become standard. Hurry up and buy starter alts!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

We're gonna have to change the thread title

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the australian drones should be slightly faster than the others but the control maps are upside down

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Looks like all operators are being made a bit cheaper. Good for me because this poo poo is taking a while to unlock.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Thief posted:

the australian drones should be slightly faster than the others but the control maps are upside down

At least one of the ops should have suction caps on their boots, so that they can walk on the ceiling. Since being Australian, they're used to being upside down and having their blood pooling in their head, so they won't be at a disadvantage, in that department. (But if you go up/down from the ceiling too quickly or too often, they might white out)

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Can't believe it's going to be the Australians that finally bring a gosh darn ladder to the SWAT raid. Finally being able to go up a hatch will really change the meta i think.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
Got this recently, going to try and be running some games with goons. I look forwards to accidentally shooting some of you in the face, and vice versa.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

DROPBEAR: Australian defender who can grapple up into the ceiling and hang from there in a static position. He can't fire his guns up there, but he can drop down and instantly melee anyone passing underneath.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Cup Runneth Over posted:

We're gonna have to change the thread title

I'll have a new thread up this weekend that's gonna stay up to date each season.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

E-Tank posted:

Got this recently, going to try and be running some games with goons. I look forwards to accidentally shooting some of you in the face, and vice versa.

Also being a new player, I have won rounds being dead as Kapkan because the last one or two enemies run into my traps. I've been using Blitz on attack, even with shields being wonky I can still do things sometimes.

House is a garbage map though if there is someone on attack playing Glaz.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

House should be shotgun ops only.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

TheKingslayer posted:

House should be shotgun ops only.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

KingShiro posted:

House is a garbage map though if there is someone on attack playing Glaz.

He's really only a problem if you're defending the top floor and he gets on the treehouse. This can be easily countered by leaning out the doorway of the under construction room and watching the left of the treehouse where the top of the ladder is. Just aim your sights on the top of the treehouse and you can pop people before they get off the ladder and have any chance of returning fire. I get 1-2 people probably 80% of games I'm defending the top floor of house by doing this.

The only other place he's really a problem is if you're defending the kids room and he gets on top of the shed, but even then as long as you're defending from outside the room like you're supposed to it's not a huge problem. You can peek him from the master bedroom window if he's on the shed.

I think the only map he's a real pain in the rear end on his Plane and that can be countered by not showing yourself in the windows.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

my kinda ape posted:

He's really only a problem if you're defending the top floor and he gets on the treehouse. This can be easily countered by leaning out the doorway of the under construction room and watching the left of the treehouse where the top of the ladder is. Just aim your sights on the top of the treehouse and you can pop people before they get off the ladder and have any chance of returning fire. I get 1-2 people probably 80% of games I'm defending the top floor of house by doing this.

The only other place he's really a problem is if you're defending the kids room and he gets on top of the shed, but even then as long as you're defending from outside the room like you're supposed to it's not a huge problem. You can peek him from the master bedroom window if he's on the shed.

I think the only map he's a real pain in the rear end on his Plane and that can be countered by not showing yourself in the windows.

For the longest time I thought those windows were bullet proof until Glaz popped me through one of them

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

For the longest time I thought those windows were bullet proof until Glaz popped me through one of them

Pretty sure you can also shoot him back, through his own bullet holes - if you're crazy enough to try and pull it off! I saw that happen (successfully) only once I think, although it was a fair while ago, so something may have changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

the only thing Glaz can pen that other players cannot are the windows on Plane.

otherwise slugs can do stuff like break castle walls and hatches which im pretty sure applies to kaid/korean shootguns as well

anyways i've been playing Clash again because full auto smg + shield is a fun combo

here's a clipdump of the pre-nerf/rework semiauto:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJh5esdFJg0