Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Kunster posted:

I'm kind of amazed about hearing this as I usually, usually tie watching a certain stream with being with a certain personality, not bc they're playing x or y game.

I've watched a lot of streams since about 2010 and for me it really needs both the streamer and the game to click for me. There's plenty of games I enjoy watching, but doesn't have any entertaining streamers (my time anyway) and so I never watch them. And there are plenty of streamers I really enjoy watching for some content, but who also does other stuff I'll never bother watching, or in some cases have even changed what they stream and as a result I've basically quit watching them completely. For example one guy who used to speedrun games I love watching speedrun and was quite entertaining at it, but segued into more variety stuff and playing new releases and as a result I don't really watch any more.

For another example, I watch Lirik but ONLY when he does party games like Mario Kart, SSB, Worms, whatever with friends. I never watch his normal streams since he rarely plays games I enjoy watching and I find him not that fun to watch on his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Gif plus Avatar providing appropriate reactions.

I may dislike Neptunia but I love this avatar. It turns out even bad things can have something good about them!

In fact lemme check out the latest Doug Walker video E: Its bad

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Leal posted:

I may dislike Neptunia but I love this avatar. It turns out even bad things can have something good about them!

In fact lemme check out the latest Doug Walker video E: Its bad

Doug still makes videos? :confused:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Playing a yokai that is obsessed with and entraps young girls :eng101:

...They loving knew.

OK I forgot that part that is super awkward

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sometimes I can get through LPs if they're done by groups that I enjoy enough to sit through the game. Like Chipcheezum did a WatchDogs LP and I couldn't tell you the plot to that game for the life of me aside from the fact that Aiden ruined everything.

I don't think there's anything weird about not liking everyone's content even if you're a fan of theirs.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

He was a great Edward Elric and poured a lot of effort into that role to the point where I can’t (unfortunately) picture anyone else as him, but everything else I’ve seen him in? Yeah he sucks and I’m not sad to see him go.

I did forget one role Vic had: he was one of the dudes in Ouran Host Club which did really well here in the States. A show about a bunch of guys being suave and polished towards a teenage girl, so that's absolutely helped played into Vic's rep.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Doug still makes videos? :confused:

Well the latest NC video is... A reupload of one of the titanic reviews. And then they posted a comment on it saying "This work of art is back online"

Work of art.

VV :hmmyes:

Leal fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 12, 2019

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
More like work of fart.

nailed it

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Leal posted:

I may dislike Neptunia

how dare you

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Leal posted:

Well the latest NC video is... A reupload of one of the titanic reviews. And then they posted a comment on it saying "This work of art is back online"

Work of art.

VV :hmmyes:

He only posts his new videos on wednesdays now.
Why I still keep myself up to date on that, I dont know.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Jenny Nicholson on her favourite subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu5bR_89W7U

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Dawgstar posted:

I did forget one role Vic had: he was one of the dudes in Ouran Host Club which did really well here in the States. A show about a bunch of guys being suave and polished towards a teenage girl, so that's absolutely helped played into Vic's rep.

And he super identifies with Tamaki (the guy he played) too, which is an insult to Tamaki and the show in general.

(Ouran is super self aware and a bit of a shoujo... not quite parody and not quite deconstruction.

Also, all the guys are also teenagers.)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Archer666 posted:

The new Wolfenstein games are interesting in the way they make the main characters an unabashed terrorist.

TNC also had a weird obsession with nuclear weapons, you set off a handful and get to trek through nuked New York along with some "maybe they deserved it?" Lightly dusted about.

There's been a bizarre lust towards nuclear weapons as being cool things or rad setpieces lately instead of horrifying death bombs in video games lately and I don't know why.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Grapplejack posted:

There's been a bizarre lust towards nuclear weapons as being cool things or rad setpieces lately instead of horrifying death bombs in video games lately and I don't know why.

Cultural thanatos is swelling up and starting to breach the subconscious.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Grapplejack posted:

TNC also had a weird obsession with nuclear weapons, you set off a handful and get to trek through nuked New York along with some "maybe they deserved it?" Lightly dusted about.

The Noah video explained how TNC is weird with nukes because video games have had fallout style nukes for decades, but the game's narrative treats the nuking of NYC deadly seriously.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Grapplejack posted:

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Cultural thanatos is swelling up and starting to breach the subconscious.

The way things are going, total atomic annihilation doesn't seem so bad.

On a more positive note, the data-mining on Metal Gear Solid 5 showed there is was supposed to be a scene celebrating the players who managed to decommission all the nuclear weapons on all the other multiplayer FOBs. Plus, MGS1 had a pretty strong nuclear disarmament message in it as well.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Didn't the MGS5 nuke cutscene actually display because players made so many nukes that the counter overflowed and went negative, though?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

no one wants to exist

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

The New Colossus and Fallout 76 are both Bethesda games. Todd Howard is working on a port of Skyrim for ICBMs.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Arist posted:

Didn't the MGS5 nuke cutscene actually display because players made so many nukes that the counter overflowed and went negative, though?

I did a search for it, and it looks was triggered due to some server error, but I think prior to that, data-miners did dig up the cut-scene.

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-mgs5-nuclear-disarmament-event-triggered-this-weekend-but-no-one-seems-to-know-why/

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

nine-gear crow posted:

The New Colossus and Fallout 76 are both Bethesda games. Todd Howard is working on a port of Skyrim for ICBMs.

Todd Howard launches nukes? No... it can't be!

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Todd Howard launches nukes? No... it can't be!

"Otacon, how does Todd Howard launch nuclear warheads?"

"I don't know, Snake. He does it, and...'it just works'...half the time."

----
LATER
---

*Snake inadvertently activates Metal Gear, thinking he was stopping it.*

Snake: "What? I stopped the launch!"

*The Codec rings, and a familiar voices answers*

"Who's laughing now?"

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 13, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Grapplejack posted:

in the games there are only 3 nuke blasts. the new york one which happens when the nazis invaded and they used the nuke to force america to surrender. they never play that nuke as they deserved it. some of the nazis brag about it but gently caress them. the other nuke was at the end of BJ and crew to hit the nazi death hell castle run by deathshead. the only other time was when they are trying to escape new orleanes and they need to get the super sub unstuck and its more of a air blast then anything and all of the non nazis are in the sub.

wolfenstien doesn't treat nukes like bethesda fallout does.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This gave me a million uncanny recovered memory experiences. Those stuffed tomatoes are from a vegetable cabaret about nutrition. And there’s a loving Big Boy on that bed too.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The father of the term the alt-right crowd loves, "Cultural Marxism", is dead.

https://twitter.com/dylanmatt/status/1095451962328469504

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

When I went away to college, Larouche creeps used to hang out at all the subway stations and yell at people. They’re easily as crazy as scientologists and way more aggressive.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

god I love theme park fandom poo poo so much.

Give her the boy.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

That video was much, much more interesting than minutiae about an abandoned animatronic should be. Jenny Nicholson has a goddamn gift to just sit there and weave wonders with only her mouth. And gestures.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

She has great editing, so that even when there would be a natural lull in the rhythm of the story there isn't - you're just on this rollercoaster of thought that turns right as you expect it to slow down, and when it does slow down it's only in the anticipation of a drop.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ghostlight posted:

She has great editing, so that even when there would be a natural lull in the rhythm of the story there isn't - you're just on this rollercoaster of thought that turns right as you expect it to slow down, and when it does slow down it's only in the anticipation of a drop.

Yeah, it's quite a ride.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

When I went away to college, Larouche creeps used to hang out at all the subway stations and yell at people. They’re easily as crazy as scientologists and way more aggressive.

You don't know the half of it, in the 80s the American Larouchites stood for elections on a platform of building lazer beam weapons platforms, they managed to get some wins and this was because of Larouche's idea that beam weaponry would escalate the Cold War and kill off the majority of the population. http://laroucheplanet.info/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Library.UnityNow

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

in the games there are only 3 nuke blasts. the new york one which happens when the nazis invaded and they used the nuke to force america to surrender. they never play that nuke as they deserved it. some of the nazis brag about it but gently caress them. the other nuke was at the end of BJ and crew to hit the nazi death hell castle run by deathshead. the only other time was when they are trying to escape new orleanes and they need to get the super sub unstuck and its more of a air blast then anything and all of the non nazis are in the sub.

wolfenstien doesn't treat nukes like bethesda fallout does.

BJ sets off a nuclear device inside of that one facility in 2 before he visits his house for the first time. It was just something I noticed and thought was really weird, and that eventually butted up against far cry 5's "nukes fall everyone dies" ending and then bethesdas "epic nuke loots" in 76.

I did play TNC in January of this year so the timing made me reflect a bit on that game and the way things have changed recently w/r/t nukes in games.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

BJ sets off a nuclear device inside of that one facility in 2 before he visits his house for the first time. It was just something I noticed and thought was really weird, and that eventually butted up against far cry 5's "nukes fall everyone dies" ending and then bethesdas "epic nuke loots" in 76.

I did play TNC in January of this year so the timing made me reflect a bit on that game and the way things have changed recently w/r/t nukes in games.

oh yeah. its under nazi high command thats mostly underground. id say fallout 76s was probably the most callous of them but that has its own universe weird poo poo with nukes. also i heard FC new dawn is pretty good, so thats nice. joe gets whats coming to him

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 13, 2019

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

what if jenny stole the boy and this is the internet age version of returning to the crime scene

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I assume the boy came to life, chewed through his cables and is crawling around the park somewhere, looking for revenge on those who shut down his pavilion.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

I am definitely not going to watch this. I don't know how anybody could. It's just... how and why would you make a review of a Pokemon game take 7 hours? Even the exhausting "style" of recapping every single plot beat and just saying what happens surely would still be significantly shorter than that.

Hell, not just making it. Why would anyone see that and then decide to watch it? Even MauLer, for all of his myriad faults, at least has the decency to split his ridiculous line-by-line recaps into multiple videos. It still doesn't help but it's something.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 13, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

I am definitely not going to watch this. I don't know how anybody could. It's just... how and why would you make a review of a Pokemon game take 7 hours? Even the exhausting "style" of recapping every single plot beat and just saying what happens surely would still be significantly shorter than that.

Hell, not just making it. Why would anyone see that and then decide to watch it? Even MauLer, for all of his myriad faults, at least has the decency to split his ridiculous line-by-line recaps into multiple videos. It still doesn't help but it's something.

i mean i like my long nerd videos on games. though mostly if not longer then 2 hours. stuff like this dude. https://www.youtube.com/user/Tehsnakerer/videos talk about weird little janky games and talk about the interesting stuff they try to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFC6mDKF-0c

here is a link to the super long one. i kinda like it, the dude has a nice voice. so far its mostly type battle stuff.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Dragonatrix posted:

If I remember ShayMay correctly it's really just a vlog cataloging every stray thought he had about pokemon. Which is honestly much much more worthwhile than Mauler.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Terrible Opinions posted:

If I remember ShayMay correctly it's really just a vlog cataloging every stray thought he had about pokemon. Which is honestly much much more worthwhile than Mauler.

Watching grass grow is more worthwhile than mauler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Speaking of long videos:

https://twitter.com/NM_NickNocturne/status/1095805585377951746