Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Yup picking up Noctis was a good move, he's fun and flashy and I get to play more FFXV without having to re-install it!

This means I'm a more solid fundamental Tekken player right? (Katarina was my first char and at blue or something, Chloe and Jin I had done the learning grind up to Warrior on before the orange bump.)

e: Not pictured, hitting Usurper at like 90 wins and 65+% winrate before having a couple bad days

teh_Broseph fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Niles would be the greatest character to ever tekken

Rage Art would be him pratfalling around in the signature David Hyde Pierce fashion

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

The Frasier theme, but dubstepped to hell and back

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

If only...

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ROFL Octopus posted:

Rage Art would be him pratfalling around in the signature David Hyde Pierce fashion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpImet3Xwgw

basically this

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

yeah i had that exact scene in mind lol

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

teh_Broseph posted:

Tekken 7 season 2 pass on sale for the first I've seen it more than a dollar or two off on Humble!

-40% $17.99 $29.99 https://www.humblebundle.com/store/tekken-7-season-pass-2?partner=inexpensivegamer

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

ROFL Octopus posted:

Marduk and Armor King may drag me back into Tekken. I love me some big dumb smashy boys and heels.

Marduk is an egotistical face. A tweener at worst.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

mango sentinel posted:

Marduk is an egotistical face. A tweener at worst.

Very much a face in the Junkyard Dog / Makabe vein

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I really want to try picking up tekken but I play on xbox.... Is that just a bad idea? It looks like at a minimum I'd have to get a ~40 dollar fighting game xbox pad and then I'm wondering about finding opponents/lag.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes it looks like poo poo and they said they’re not going to fix it. If you can get it on PS4 get it on that. I regret the Xbox one.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Empress Brosephine posted:

Yes it looks like poo poo and they said they’re not going to fix it. If you can get it on PS4 get it on that. I regret the Xbox one.

Seems like it's only an issue on one x? I have a normal xb1

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I got the game and it looks fine to me? I have a low standard for graphics though. This is my first fighting game in agggggges so I'm basically starting from scratch. I picked steve fox because his style seems really cool. Also legit one of my top 10 favorite games of all time was fight night champion, it is basically a near perfect sports/fighting game. The feeling of dodging and counter punching in that felt great so I figured why not try to learn the guy who can do it in tekken? hosed around in practice for a bit, mainly focusing on movement weaves and dodges and a few simple combos. I am 1-0 in ranked and it feels great lol. I need to start learning launchers and some good air combos right away also I have 0 idea how to do rage art(? the finishing move thing). The first guy I played had some nice juggling combos down and rage art, I just pressured him like crazy and dodge punished him to a cheap win. I think I'll have to get a hori commander if I stick with the game though, the xbox pad is not made for this.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 5, 2019

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
My scrublord rear end just made it to Initiate with Paul, deathfists and demoman works!

Nvidia saving my "highlight reel" is hilarious too, just lovely dropped demomans and raw supers all day.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'm up to 3rd dan now and the game is starting to click. Also holy poo poo this might be the saltiest player base. I'm getting insane amounts of hatemail lol its great.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
tekken has the highest amount of salt/teabagging/general bm out of any fg i've played online it's a bit weird. i'm not even in atlanta!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Marin Karin posted:

tekken has the highest amount of salt/teabagging/general bm out of any fg i've played online it's a bit weird. i'm not even in atlanta!

its not teabagging it's failed kbds

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
when i got my stick and was learning it i DID actually accidentally teabag once and the dude quit after that match after we were doing a long set. i felt bad :smith:

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

im always on tilt but sending angry messages is dumb

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Seltzer posted:

I'm up to 3rd dan now and the game is starting to click. Also holy poo poo this might be the saltiest player base. I'm getting insane amounts of hatemail lol its great.

There's hatemail but there's also the fact that T7 is the only FG I've ever played where people will just rematch you forever if your connection is good, which is lovely.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Marin Karin posted:

I am and I always post match disrespect.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’ve accidentally teabagged a whole bunch trying to sidestep. I always feel bad when that happens.

I’ve also never got any hate mail which is weird considering I recently got to Warrior and took a while to get there

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Just a reminder that you can join the discord from the OP to play matches with or pick the brains of some very knowledgeable goons, if you like!

Also a reminder that Bob owns. Bob fuckin OWNS.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

bob is the greatest tekkener please gimme some sweet strats

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

bob is the greatest tekkener please gimme some sweet strats

play against me and use u/f+1+2 into the counter hit launcher follow-up and I'll press a button and get hit by it every single drat time

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I've had the game for like 5 days and I've already had about 10 hate mail messages. I love when people expose themselves as trash in their own message. I've had two complaints about low strike spam with Steve lol.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i love steve

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Yea I got my first hate mail after my first ranked match on PS4 whe trying to grind out of the beginner ranks after playing on PC. Apparently punishing the same unsafe move with my i12 punish was cheap.

PC I go out of my way to friend request people and thank higher ranked dudes for not instantly rolling over me and ask for tips and they are usually nice enough to answer.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Poniard posted:

i love steve

Steve sucks

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Seltzer posted:

I've had the game for like 5 days and I've already had about 10 hate mail messages. I love when people expose themselves as trash in their own message. I've had two complaints about low strike spam with Steve lol.

Steve doesn't even have particularly decent low buttons.

Now when you get them to complain about b+1 counterhit spam...

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Somehow Tekken seems to have some of the nicest most helpful players in the fgc as well as some of the most toxic insanely pissy ones. I wonder why.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

They're the same people.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Somehow Tekken seems to have some of the nicest most helpful players in the fgc as well as some of the most toxic insanely pissy ones. I wonder why.

Tekken good.

Tekken bad.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

Tekken has nice chill players playing nice chill characters like Lei or the bears and angry pissbabies playing angry pissbaby characters like Bryan or Kazuya

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

In my limited time playing Bryans have been the biggest assholes

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I've never had salt messages on steam just rage DCs.

OTOH 80% of the Claudios I have seen were done up like the Joker so I'm gonna vote Claudio players as the worst.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Most of the salt I got was from Bryan players so it checks out.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

bob players are usually very nice and smell great

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I've never run in to another Feng player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'm at initiate and about ~35 wins (and who knows how many losses ) and I've played 0 steves which is weird to me. I like it though the less the match up is known the better off I am. So far I hate Marduk and Kings because im too lazy right now to learn grappling defense and I hate characters who rely on big launch combos because I play really aggressive.