Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I found a flaw in my 6 pack of Costco white undershirts. One of them is like an XL or something lol. I put the drat thing on and it was like a tent but it was clearly marked M.

No loss I’m gonna wash it and see how it shrinks so I know what to do with my next order but it was hilarious because it took me a solid minute to figure what the gently caress was up with that shirt. I had one other M left to wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
They set up a self serve kiosk at the food court. 6 menu touch screens and you bring a reciept to the counter. It's placed where the line used to be and kind of annoying and in the way and not good :|

why did they do this

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Bummey posted:

They set up a self serve kiosk at the food court. 6 menu touch screens and you bring a reciept to the counter. It's placed where the line used to be and kind of annoying and in the way and not good :|

why did they do this

it's supremely good and i silently guffaw at the suckers still waiting in line while i chow down on my dog

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
got real BEEFY tonight at a work dinner at and ungodly good steakhouse. I ate a $75 bone-in ribeye (I have leftovers in tha fridge :grin:)

what did the table discussion finally end up on? How good Costco meat is. Of course.

PBUC.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Costco has really good prepared protein shakes. Premier Protein I believe.

Chocolate and vanilla are fine. I thought I'd like the banana but I don't think it was very good.

All of the reviews on these mention that occasionally you get a bad shake, but I’ve been through four boxes and hadn’t hit a bad one — until today. Tasted like frothy battery acid and cigarette butts. I knew something was off, it didn’t feel/sound right when I shook it, and it was weirdly foamy when I opened the cap, so look out for that.

They’re normally really good but I’m admittedly a little gunshy now

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

FCKGW posted:

it's supremely good and i silently guffaw at the suckers still waiting in line while i chow down on my dog

I don't like having to use my debit card for a $1.50 dog though.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Trastion posted:

So use a credit card

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

MarcusSA posted:

So I found a flaw in my 6 pack of Costco white undershirts. One of them is like an XL or something lol. I put the drat thing on and it was like a tent but it was clearly marked M.

No loss I’m gonna wash it and see how it shrinks so I know what to do with my next order but it was hilarious because it took me a solid minute to figure what the gently caress was up with that shirt. I had one other M left to wear.

This reminds me of the time it took me over an hour to figure how to put on a jacket while on shrooms.

Most confusing hour of my life.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Trastion posted:

Steal your moms debit card.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Trastion posted:

Why not? Faster than cash most of the time, just tap that plastic bitch and get your dawg.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

MA-Horus posted:

Why not? Faster than cash most of the time, just tap that plastic bitch and get your dawg.

Some debit cards may still have transaction fees

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol if you haven't advanced to using apple pay. the future is now, old man

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Tap and Apple Pay are so good but then when I buy something over $100 I have to remember my PIN :haw:

Apple pay on the watch is especially good, don’t even need to whip out the phone!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

priznat posted:

Lol what? Please find me one.

I highly highly doubt this is the case.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Buy an Apple Watch at Costco, immediately use it to buy a dog

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

One of my local credit unions just stopped charging debit transaction fees maybe 3 years ago.
VISA backed. I bailed on them for everyday checking long ago.
Seriously, 10 cents per transaction? No thank you.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Yah lots of accounts in Canada at least have either monthly flat fee and/or minimum account balance with only a few included transactions at the big ripoff banks.

These accounts suck but people do have em :shrug:

Lol one has transaction fees of $1.25 ea after your 12 included https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-banking/bank-accounts/chequing-accounts/everyday-chequing-account/fees-and-details.html

There are a few banks that are much better, especially the “virtual” ones (no physical branches) like Tangerine and Simplii.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

priznat posted:

Yah lots of accounts in Canada at least have either monthly flat fee and/or minimum account balance with only a few included transactions at the big ripoff banks.

These accounts suck but people do have em :shrug:

Lol one has transaction fees of $1.25 ea after your 12 included https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-banking/bank-accounts/chequing-accounts/everyday-chequing-account/fees-and-details.html

Welp that’s loving crazy but drat ...

Guess it’s time to move to bitcoin!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Welp that’s loving crazy but drat ...

Guess it’s time to move to bitcoin!

Speaking of that..

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-09/software-engineer-loses-life-savings-in-quadriga-imbroglio

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

priznat posted:

hosed up if true

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

PBUC alert!

So a lot of people don't know this but you can preorder 50 roses for valentines day at Costco for just $50 and they will deliver them to you for free, either the day of, or a selection of other days that you can select. They've been doing it for years.

Well my flowers are arriving tomorrow, and the UPS tracking says that they are being sent Worldwide Express.

I used to work at UPS during college. Worldwide Express means that they'll basically get the package anywhere in the world in 3 days.

The other benefit is that it usually arrives around 10am the day of, and they tell you on the tracking page when it will arrive. They're probably spending like half the cost of the flowers on shipping? I dunno but... PBUC

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taima posted:

PBUC alert!

So a lot of people don't know this but you can preorder 50 roses for valentines day at Costco for just $50 and they will deliver them to you for free, either the day of, or a selection of other days that you can select. They've been doing it for years.

Well my flowers are arriving tomorrow, and the UPS tracking says that they are being sent Worldwide Express.

I used to work at UPS during college. Worldwide Express means that they'll basically get the package anywhere in the world in 3 days.

The other benefit is that it usually arrives around 10am the day of, and they tell you on the tracking page when it will arrive. They're probably spending like half the cost of the flowers on shipping? I dunno but... PBUC

Wait... for real? Is it on the Costco site??

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Wait... for real? Is it on the Costco site??

Unfortunately it's something they do pretty far in advance. I think I ordered mine 2-3 weeks ago.

Also those aren't the roses in question. They already took all of the 50 rose deals off the site.

e: you can get the gist from this Slickdeals page about it:
https://slickdeals.net/f/12673531-costco-members-50-count-valentine-s-day-roses-various-colors-50-free-s-h?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

Taima fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 13, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taima posted:

Unfortunately it's something they do pretty far in advance. I think I ordered mine 2-3 weeks ago.

Also those aren't the roses in question. They already took all of the 50 rose deals off the site.

e: you can get the gist from this Slickdeals page about it:
https://slickdeals.net/f/12673531-costco-members-50-count-valentine-s-day-roses-various-colors-50-free-s-h?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

Ah ok got it. I’ll remember it for next year. Thanks!!

This is hilarious though....

I’m definitely giving my S/O a $50 spot this year lol.

Nothing says I love you like cold hard cash.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Nothing says I love you like cold hard cash.

Haha, unfortunately I am not surprised. Slickdeals is jam-packed with the worst, most frugal and "logical" idiots this side a Python convention.

However it's also the best place to find deals on the internet. Just don't make an account and lurk and you'll be pretty amazed at the stuff you'll find, even if you just check the front page every couple of days.

e: you'll also notice if you go to the recent comments that some people are getting the flowers delivered on a different day, or the flowers aren't the exact ratio they ordered (35/15 yellow/white instead of 25/25) and they are getting full refunds.

The people who post a lot on Slickdeals are seriously human garbage. They will take any advantage of anything, including lying, to save a few bucks.

Taima fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 13, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Taima posted:

Haha, unfortunately I am not surprised. Slickdeals is jam-packed with the worst, most frugal and "logical" idiots this side a Python convention.

However it's also the best place to find deals on the internet. Just don't make an account and lurk and you'll be pretty amazed at the stuff you'll find, even if you just check the front page every couple of days.

e: you'll also notice if you go to the recent comments that some people are getting the flowers delivered on a different day, or the flowers aren't the exact ratio they ordered (35/15 yellow/white instead of 25/25) and they are getting full refunds.

The people who post a lot on Slickdeals are seriously human garbage. They will take any advantage of anything, including lying, to save a few bucks.

Actually making an account is good for one thing... the custom alerts.

That’s literally the best thing about the site.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Got my email/certificate. :smug:

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I got those 50 roses delivered today. Just trimmed them and tossed into a vase. 50 bucks normal doesn't go far at our grocery store florist (only place in town).

PBUC.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Taima posted:

This sounds like a good thread idea

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I'ma buy my wife 50 bucks worth of cheap booze and get hosed up w/ her instead PBUC

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I'ma buy my wife 50 bucks worth of cheap booze and get hosed up w/ her instead PBUC

:hmmyes:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

poisonpill posted:

This sounds like a good thread idea

It probably is. I’ve read some insane poo poo on there but lord help me I’m not digging through the shot to post it.

I’d also like to point out that what I did post was one of the most “upvoted” comments in the flowers thread so yeah...

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I know of a place where $50 can get you quite a lot of liquor.

OR

33 and 1/3 all beef hot dogs and fountain drink!
Because nothing says "I love you" like 33 and 1/3 hot dogs.

MA-Horus fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 14, 2019

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I get my wife $50 worth of pennies since it costs more than 1 cent each to make so I’m technically giving my wife something worth slightly more than $50 and therefore maximizing my gift per dollar ratio

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

FCKGW posted:

I get my wife $50 worth of pennies since it costs more than 1 cent each to make so I’m technically giving my wife something worth slightly more than $50 and therefore maximizing my gift per dollar ratio

Smart plan. Start hoarding them and have local youths sort out the copper ones. When the price of copper goes up you will be rich.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Man, our wives must be so lucky to have us :smug:

gently caress, i forgot to buy flowers. gently caress

Goons are quite a catch.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Man, our wives must be so lucky to have us :smug:

gently caress, i forgot to buy flowers. gently caress

Goons are quite a catch.

BUTT STUFF is free, js

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Buy your wife bitcoin. Show her that you’re in it for the long SELL SELL SELL DAMMIT SELL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
The roses I bought from Costco showed up looking great earlier today, put them in the vase and boom, Valentine's done.