Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

https://www.rabb.it/Hollismason436

Link to the Rabbit , My Bloody Valentine (original) starts 8pm Central / 9 Eastern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I refuse to acknowledge "the moon rocks are spiders" as not awful
I’m with this guy; Apollo 18 is awful. If you’re going to make a film that dumb then drop the charade of pretending to be a real movie and commit to camp in the last act. Violent axe battles, MacGyver the rover into a flamethrower tank with a rocket engine, I dunno, something that’s at least interesting.

On the other hand I watched Europa Report and it was enjoyable. I don’t like thinking about deep oceans either but honestly I think they could have done more on that front -
I was expecting some POV shots of people sinking. Look at the underside of the ice fading away, glance down to kilometers of Void you’re slipping into, a panicked glance back at the last fading remnants of light peeking through the ice, cut back to horrified people staring helplessly at monitors... Mmm

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I got a new list to make

What are the horror movies which feature specific songs about the movie itself

My Blood Valentine

Howling 2

He's Back ( The Man behind the Mask)

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Hollismason posted:

I got a new list to make

My Blood Valentine

Howling 2

Last House on the Left
Prom Night

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
How was Dream Warriors not the first thing you thought of?

Ain't gonna sleep no moooore!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

lol this poser acting like he's old enough to have even begun high school

hey stop statutorily cyberbullying me

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Freddy's Dead by Iggy Pop. Best thing about the movie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Honestly they should just put Chucky in a safe. Sure he always inexplicably comes back to life because of voodoo curses and being fixed and melted into slag used for other dolls or whatever other poo poo, but what's he gonna do in a safe.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Lurdiak posted:

Honestly they should just put Chucky in a safe. Sure he always inexplicably comes back to life because of voodoo curses and being fixed and melted into slag used for other dolls or whatever other poo poo, but what's he gonna do in a safe.

Couldn't he just do the voodoo curse on the safe and become a lumbering, murderous hunk of lead and steel?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Russian Guyovitch posted:

Documents interdit

Thanks! On YouTube its listed as Forbidden Files.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

And lest we forget (as if we ever could)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMP42SoWajQ

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 15, 2019

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Fall Break (or The Mutilator) has an opening theme that's a real hoot for a slasher movie. It sounds like the intro for a sitcom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR5q3b-xhCo

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I was going to argue with that choice for "song from a horror movie that's about the movie", but the song is called "Fall Break" and it's from a movie titled "Fall Break" about being on fall break and the movie takes place on fall break.

I'll allow it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Origami Dali posted:

Couldn't he just do the voodoo curse on the safe and become a lumbering, murderous hunk of lead and steel?

You put the safe in concrete. Even if he possesses the concrete, concrete ain't got moving parts.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

TheBizzness posted:

The funny thing about Devon Sawa growing up to be so strange looking is that the girls were freaking head over heels for him in the mid 90s. Casper and Now and Then Sawa was tight there with JTT and Leo in the minds of preteen girls.

Ok thank you for this. Between the talk of him being ugly and me looking him up to confirm he is pretty weird looking I was really confused in my memories of him being a teen heartthrob type at one point. The screams in my theatre for him and JTT for the wild america movie preview has really stuck with me

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

The problem with Chucky is that all it takes to bring him back is somebody willing to put his spirit into a new body or doll. They just need a Voodoo For Dummies book and a pentagram and whatever, who cares, it just works.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I kind of appreciate that corporate-exploited nostalgia is low-key the cause for everything that happens in Child's Play 3 and beyond. It's like if Hi-C brought Ecto Cooler back and it ended up poisoning ten-to-thirty people to death.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So I just got back from Happy Death Day 2U and I hate to say it chaps... but it sucks. It also isn't a horror film, it's mostly a comedy with heavy sci-fi elements and a couple horror scenes.

Basically without spoiling much Tree finds herself repeating the same day again after a lengthy intro that introduces us to a cast of science students who are responsible for the time fuckery from the first film, however, it's now "different" it's another dimension and we have a new killer. However, the killer is barely in it and it's mostly about Tree trying to fix the time loop again. There's hardly any deaths and you kinda don't care who the killer is and when it's revealed it's not clever and really "meh." The most clever thing the film does is explain that the blackouts from the first film are due to the science kids, but what doesn't make any sense is in the first film Tree solves everything by killing the murderer (like how Groundhog Day magically ends when he tries being the best person he can be) but this film shows that fixing the time loop is only possible by using the science experiment... so the first film's ending doesn't make sense now.

It's trying to do way too much and loses focus on what made the first film so good. The music also feels like it was for a MCU film and not something that has horror roots. The strangest part is the director and composer are the same from the first film. I enjoyed the film but I went in expecting something completely different and it failed on all fronts.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Hollismason posted:

I got a new list to make

My Blood Valentine

Howling 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK5jyVCdXwc

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

s.i.r.e. posted:

So I just got back from Happy Death Day 2U and I hate to say it chaps... but it sucks. It also isn't a horror film, it's mostly a comedy with heavy sci-fi elements and a couple horror scenes.

Basically without spoiling much Tree finds herself repeating the same day again after a lengthy intro that introduces us to a cast of science students who are responsible for the time fuckery from the first film, however, it's now "different" it's another dimension and we have a new killer. However, the killer is barely in it and it's mostly about Tree trying to fix the time loop again. There's hardly any deaths and you kinda don't care who the killer is and when it's revealed it's not clever and really "meh." The most clever thing the film does is explain that the blackouts from the first film are due to the science kids, but what doesn't make any sense is in the first film Tree solves everything by killing the murderer (like how Groundhog Day magically ends when he tries being the best person he can be) but this film shows that fixing the time loop is only possible by using the science experiment... so the first film's ending doesn't make sense now.

It's trying to do way too much and loses focus on what made the first film so good. The music also feels like it was for a MCU film and not something that has horror roots. The strangest part is the director and composer are the same from the first film. I enjoyed the film but I went in expecting something completely different and it failed on all fronts.
You're the second person today that I've heard not like it, but I had a blast with it :shobon:

It expands on the first one by having a series of entertaining deaths, restarted loops, etc. while also introducing some fun time fuckery improperly controlled by a group of dumbass college kids.

I don't know what you were expecting from it, because what I expected was more of the first one with a twist and I got that from it!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I expected a horror film with a simple, clever premise like the first one and it doesn't deliver on any of those points.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What the *gently caress* was the new Predator movie

What the actual hell was that even

If it was just like, a comedy about a bunch of bumbling idiots and a bumble lord failure Predator, that would have been one thing

What the Christ did they do

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
The best song from a movie that's about the movie is the Brain Dead (1990) ending theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnww2LBNdxE

Great little film.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
How could you forget Terrorvision, it even refers to plot events in the movie.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

How could you forget Terrorvision, it even refers to plot events in the movie.

Oh gently caress, I have like 5 copies of the soundtrack on vinyl (don't ask) and I still forgot about it.

For shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvkx4JFt74o

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
Oh yeah, TerrorVision rules. Everybody go watch TerrorVision. It has a cool-rear end monster, is 80s as hell in all the best ways, and features Gerrit Graham and Mary Woronov.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm also pretty drat certain that Return of the Living Dead has several songs written for the film and feature diegetically within the movie, most prominent being "Tonight (We'll Make Love Til' We Die)".

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah there are lots of songs like those. I meant like My Bloody Valentine ( I guess Howling 2 isn't actually about the movie) where the song is literally about the movie.

Like Amsterdamned.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Burkion posted:

What the *gently caress* was the new Predator movie

Terrible.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD

s.i.r.e. posted:

Terrible.

Yet, I enjoyed it. :(

Not as much as Europe Report though. I love that movie.
Probably my second favourite found-footage movie, after The Den.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

The next movie would just start with 2 mooks breaking into a house to rob the safe.

Mook1: “Uh... you sure we should be doin’ this boss? They say dis guy is CRAZY, they say he talks to dolls.

Mook2: “Shaddup, you!”

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Ghostbusters 2 has Bobby Brown rapping about Vigo and The Monster Squad closes with an 80s rap about the movie.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Does 'Addams Groove' by MC Hammer featured on The Addams Family soundtrack count? Because it's the best.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I think Venom doesn't get enough credit for reviving the rap song that recites the plot over the end credits trope

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

I guess you did not see the last one. That, uh, is not going to work now. Maybe in 1-3, pre-Tiffany to inevitably get him out, but not now, especially.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Waxwork II: Lost in Time ends with a rap song about the events of the movie

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I hope my funeral ends with a rap song about events in my life.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

There is only one horror thread appropriate rap song to play at a funeral:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RJas5C89o44

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

You're the second person today that I've heard not like it, but I had a blast with it :shobon:

It expands on the first one by having a series of entertaining deaths, restarted loops, etc. while also introducing some fun time fuckery improperly controlled by a group of dumbass college kids.

I don't know what you were expecting from it, because what I expected was more of the first one with a twist and I got that from it!

Just came from seeing it and at this point it probably doesn't qualify to be in this thread anymore, but I don't think there's a better one. I quite enjoyed it, but it's certainly not a horror film and definitely a sci fi comedy now. Once I got past the trailer lying to me (the trailer makes it look like it's about a new killer and the whole gang is in the loop but it's Tree repeating the loop from the first movie, but in an altered timeline) and the contrived plot device that got her into that situation, it was almost as fun as the first. Midcredits scene was fun and I want a sequel following up on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Movie specific songs? I didn't see this one (or glossed over it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3J0iwwsq-w