Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

All the cool kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

hambeet posted:

So he didn't move. Who else was there?
Me, TMor, Toalpaz, Keane, i don't know who the rest are by their discord names

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
aka the people too lazy to move from the starting spot

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

bowmore posted:

And ASF

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

bowmore posted:

bowmore, keane (rip), a sometimes food, illegallysober, jimmydalad, omg, me and toals.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

bowmore, keane (rip), a sometimes food, illegallysober, jimmydalad, omg, me and toals.

Observers:
1. Podima
2. IllegallySober
3. Bottleknight
4. OMGVBFLOL
5. jimmydalad
6. GX
7. Solus

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
brah, this is confusing.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

Observers:
1. Podima
2. IllegallySober
3. Bottleknight
4. OMGVBFLOL
5. jimmydalad
6. GX
7. Solus

There’s scum in here somewhere

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
tbh keane was probably killed by a townie, since he "scumslipped" in the chat.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tired Moritz posted:

you know it lol

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Dick Bastardly (4): chaoslord, Toalpaz, b-minus1, bowmore

Not Voting (12): A Sometimes Food, AnAnonymousIdiot, Dick Bastardly, flerp, hambeet, KhediveRex, Max, merk, Mr. Humalong, Somberbrero, Tired Moritz, xiw

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 18th, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 18 hours.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

do tell

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im going to (and have been) on a trip this weekend so uhhhhhhh not gonna be able to say much

was at the mountains because it looked like it was gonna be a party

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

flerp posted:

im going to (and have been) on a trip this weekend so uhhhhhhh not gonna be able to say much

was at the mountains because it looked like it was gonna be a party

and it was

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

i'm wondering if the river is a pretty sweet cover for a scum. you know play the whole 'oh i forgot to move / it was easier to not move first night', etc.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hmmmm i wonder if mountain doesnt have any more scum in them. prob be best to spread out the scum team just to make sure the scum doesnt miss anything that might happen

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

i'm wondering if the river is a pretty sweet cover for a scum. you know play the whole 'oh i forgot to move / it was easier to not move first night', etc.

how does that benefit scum tho

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

how does that benefit scum tho

well people might assume that they went to every location instead, so they could know what was said in every chat location.

which is pretty lol if you think about xiw now.. but i'm just thinking out aloud atm

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Keane's intial post was laughing about cuddling an empowerer, he explained it as ruefully laughing at our bad luck but it was easy to read as gloating scum posting in the wrong chat.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Since it has been brought up multiple times to me.

You are NOT allowed to directly quote the night chats and will be modkilled if you do so.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Im gonna paraphrase and make you all sound like dummies!!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hmm if i was scum i'd probably not go to every location, that'd be a bit too obvious (except to toal) so i'd leave some at the start and maybe one or two to the other places. you could probably safely bet that nothing interesting would happen in the discord chats because everyone would be paranoid of scum

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

loving case closed

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Keane was unlikely to have been killed by a townie though, the other nightkill victim was scum. Keane would probably have been killed by scum while vig/3p killed Tobbs.

If three kills happen tonight, it's possible scum got stopped n1 and we got two vig/3p kills n1.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i don't make misstakes

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

from now on, i mean.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

A Sometimes Food posted:

Keane was unlikely to have been killed by a townie though, the other nightkill victim was scum. Keane would probably have been killed by scum while vig/3p killed Tobbs.

If three kills happen tonight, it's possible scum got stopped n1 and we got two vig/3p kills n1.

Kinda a weird move to do though, since people were saying to lynch Keane tomorrow (today) anyway. Sounds like a free day for scum?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

I think it's more likely given the size of the game that we have a scum team and one vig or 3p for two nightkills though.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

he in past games could people die if they were unlucky searching?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Kinda a weird move to do though, since people were saying to lynch Keane tomorrow (today) anyway. Sounds like a free day for scum?

Scum may not have thought it was a strong enough case to work with, may have had another tactic in mind or really unlikely admittedly, there were no betrayers on the riverbank to see Keane's "scumslip".

Or yeah we could have three nightkills and scum just didn't get theirs off last night.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

A Sometimes Food posted:

Scum may not have thought it was a strong enough case to work with, may have had another tactic in mind or really unlikely admittedly, there were no betrayers on the riverbank to see Keane's "scumslip".

Or yeah we could have three nightkills and scum just didn't get theirs off last night.

hmm that's not a bad thing to point out though

wifom if scum played it to give that illusion though?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

impression. i should have said impression. you know what i mean

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

hambeet posted:

he in past games could people die if they were unlucky searching?

the rules say yes, but the flavour for the deaths make it seem more like kills. Keane's certainly was. He was explicitly murdered.

Good point though, hadn't thought of that. Tobbs may have run afoul of something.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

the rules say yes, but the flavour for the deaths make it seem more like kills. Keane's certainly was. He was explicitly murdered.

Good point though, hadn't thought of that. Tobbs may have run afoul of something.

Though that would mean one nightkill and I feel that's also pretty unlikely.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
We're also in the safest place so it's unlikely any of us wouks actually die in the riverbank.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

A Sometimes Food posted:

Though that would mean one nightkill and I feel that's also pretty unlikely.

yeah i'd go with 3p for the flavour kill.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

We're also in the safest place so it's unlikely any of us wouks actually die in the riverbank.

tobbs wasn't though, he was chillin in the mountains with the cooler kids. but yeah i'd say it was someones night action, not uhh 'environmental' let us say.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

copyright beet

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

hambeet posted:

yeah i'd go with 3p for the flavour kill.

I don't disagree necessarily, but this is an Ancient Egypt flavoured game, the vig being hardcore on weird divine punishments wouldn't be the least likely flavour. I'm not sure I'd rule either way on flavour in any case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

A Sometimes Food posted:

I don't disagree necessarily, but this is an Ancient Egypt flavoured game, the vig being hardcore on weird divine punishments wouldn't be the least likely flavour. I'm not sure I'd rule either way on flavour in any case.

Yeah, true.