Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Rhaegar posted:

I've had Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR- on my playstation wishlist for some time. It's currently $5.39 (canuck dollars). I also have Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2 on my list which is $53.49. The upgrade Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2 Upgrade Package for REVELATOR is $26.99. There's nothing extra in Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2 that won't be in the upgrade package right? So I can save money by buying REVELATOR plus the upgrade package?

IIRC the upgrade doesn't include the DLC characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Apparently SNK announced SNK Heroines for Steam, it'll be out February 21. I thought this already happened.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Apparently SNK announced SNK Heroines for Steam, it'll be out February 21. I thought this already happened.

me too, weird

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Nope! Just PS4 and Switch so far. The guys who did the Switch port also did the Steam version of KOFXIV, so I'm assuming they'll be handling the port.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

An actual Mandela effect

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/MarlinPie/status/1096593725885542401

New meta.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Dude doesn't play I-no, 3/10

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How come nobody roasts Sajam for appropriating AAVE :abrathink:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I been getting back into Tekken recently and I just want to praise again the addition of the infinite rematch, and it's cool that people actually use it. Doing like 20 game sets with people, even if their rank or whatever is on the line, is a lot of fun. I just wish they went the tiniest extra mile and let me text chat while playing bc as someone who started learning Tekken with 7, there is approximately 25 years of Data I need to catch up on.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

In Training posted:

I been getting back into Tekken recently and I just want to praise again the addition of the infinite rematch, and it's cool that people actually use it. Doing like 20 game sets with people, even if their rank or whatever is on the line, is a lot of fun. I just wish they went the tiniest extra mile and let me text chat while playing bc as someone who started learning Tekken with 7, there is approximately 25 years of Data I need to catch up on.

I just started the game a week ago and it's great. Rematches are cool and I like the "gentlemans code" or whatever of playing a best of three. Seems like in ranked 80% of people will offer to play a best of three when they win. People will probably give you tips if you ask in a message. I've messaged a few people about basic stuff they're loving up like not blocking lows and stuff like that. But yea Tekken is like easily the best fighting game.

All the legacy stuff/gimmick stuff is annoying that it's unexplained and the game having no tutorials is kinda unaccetaple but the good thing is youtube is really thorough with learning videos. They have good stuff from breaking down gimmicks you run into when you start too. I checked out vids on kings low kicks and pauls deathfist and now I know how to deal with them. The tekken thread seems decent to ask in too.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

DLC Inc posted:

lol that DOA6 was what got people mad yet SFV has exclusively doled out characters with beachball boobies for years + Mortal Kombat games are somehow never a problem. Mr. Wiz is a fuckin brokebrain.

I mean

it probably had less to do with much in DOA6 itself as opposed to a one-two punch of one, people using the freeze frame feature to make a joke about a wrestling move that a 13 year old probably would make, and two, having an idol literally spank another idol on camera to promote the game

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

fadam posted:

How come nobody roasts Sajam for appropriating AAVE :abrathink:

the whole fgc appropriates aave constantly

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'm dreading/excited for the Kof finals brackets at two am here. But I have to woooooooooooork in the morning. :negative:

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
I miss Zhi. Say what you want about him, but he kept things interesting.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Goddamn Xiaohai got knocked the gently caress out by a black suited sunglasses SR. One foreigner left in losers bracket. I hope he's able to play spoiler to Japanese bracket shenanigans.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Namco announced Amy for SC6, I guess the leak was right and Cassandra's next.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cass is cool but Amy sux.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Namco announced Amy for SC6, I guess the leak was right and Cassandra's next.

This is super boring since it means they're doubling up on rapier and sword & shield instead of giving us Setsuka and Hilde for season 1. :argh:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cassandra's moveset has historically been unique from Sophie's, and Cass is an interesting character in her own right. Amy is boring as hell though, they should have just made her SC5 Viola with the orbs.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They seem like they're giving Amy a different moveset, going by the brief clip they showed.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Is Lizard man in SC6 yet?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Is Lizard man in SC6 yet?

you can make lizardman

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

In Training posted:

you can make lizardman

A faker. I want real DoubleAxes Lizardman

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Kilometers Davis posted:

Shove that sjw furry agenda down my throat tbh

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
tangentially fighting games related, but the Catherine competitive community basically collapsed overnight due to the figurehead quitting
https://twitter.com/Dacidbro/status/1096666565876039685

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They should make a project m for catherine with no story just gameplay

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

dragon enthusiast posted:

tangentially fighting games related, but the Catherine competitive community basically collapsed overnight due to the figurehead quitting

Goddamn, good for him then. And yeah pretty much RIP competitive Catherine.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://twitter.com/EijiERJ/status/1096885744549777408

What the gently caress is happening over there?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

How dare he interrupt the match by calling a judge over button issues. He's lucky it was only a DQ. Dishonorable fool should have been forced to commit seppuku on the spot!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

dragon enthusiast posted:

I am amazed and inspired by his integrity.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The fix is in!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Cross Tag character announcements:

Naoto (Blazblue)
Teddie (Persona)
Seth (UNIB)
Aino (Arcana Heart)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sE3m_GpVLA

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought her name was Arcana Heart

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In Training posted:

I thought her name was Arcana Heart
her name is aino heart

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You learn something new every day

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

cool, finally an update

there's also a sixth diamond at the end there so i assume something else is also on the way

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Tales of Woe posted:

cool, finally an update

there's also a sixth diamond at the end there so i assume something else is also on the way

I've been trying to think of what fighting game "white" represents but all I could think of was Skullgirls.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tales of Woe posted:

cool, finally an update

https://twitter.com/ningiou/status/1096964151220551682

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

That bright blue tile is the same blue as the skull heart in skullgirls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The under night devs have also worked with Skullgirls before, albeit in a very minor capacity - a few years back they had an april fool's joke of Filia being in under night, complete with an under night style sprite.