Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Crackdown 1 had like 20 bosses or something, I think, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Finster Dexter posted:

Don't worry, Crackdown 3 will have soon to be announced post-launch content!

Like party compatibility?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Crackdown 1, for the time...was pure gaming bliss.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Crackdown 3 costs $1 for ganespass dont get mad, you can play a dozen other games after you finish it.

But lol if you bought a direct to gamepass game instore for $60.

Also, metro owns.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Finster Dexter posted:

Crackdown 1 had like 20 bosses or something, I think, though.

Something like that. But a lot of them were chumps you just found out and avout to flush out the liutenants.

The services and such you find around the city in Crackdown 3 are what you break to flush out the lieutenants and then the boddes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Crackdown 3 has been quite a bit of fun. I'd not recommend anybody drop 60 bucks on this thing but as far as what I want gamepass to deliver this is pretty much it; a niche interesting game that is a short experience without cruft.

It also feels like an actual sequel to Crackdown 1 unlike Crackdown 2, just a drat shame it took them uh, 4 development teams and 13 years to make a 6-10 hour sequel to an early 360 game.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Someone somewhere owns a DVD copy of House of Cards and is unwrapping his full price boxed copy of Crackdown 3

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Someone somewhere owns a DVD copy of House of Cards and is unwrapping his full price boxed copy of Crackdown 3

I have same feeling now as the boy at the end of Old Yeller.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

wezmon posted:

Hey Xbox thread. I have a friend who is on the fence about Crackdown 3. So was I tbh after the crazy troubled path it has taken to release. Well I popped my free trial of Game Pass and played about 2 hours last night. My friend asked for a detailed report of my impressions, and I thought some peeps here might be interested.

Bear in mind I hold Crackdown 1 in high regard and have even been known to defend Crackdown 2 on occasions so I can't be trusted.

Edit: Wait a second... the 9 guys that I thought were bosses for the first of three areas are in fact all of the bosses in the game!? How long is this game? *looks online* THIS CAMPAIGN IS 5 OR 6 HOURS LONG? WHAT THE gently caress MICROSOFT!? THIS IS A FULL PRICED PRODUCT. IT TOOK YOU 6 loving YEARS TO FART OUT A 6 HOUR CAMPAIGN. YOU WERE SO CLOSE TO AWESOMENESS WHAT THE loving gently caress!? :negative:

Lmao

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Is the online play on Crackdown 3 good at least? I need a new shooter that's quirky and off the beaten to death path.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's not really a shooter. I mean it is but that's not the fun of Crackdown.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Touche. Let me rephrase. Is the online at least a good time as someone looking to run around and do chaotic poo poo with other human players?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dishwasher posted:

Touche. Let me rephrase. Is the online at least a good time as someone looking to run around and do chaotic poo poo with other human players?

It auto aims for you while you jump around and watch a cardboard building disappear slowly

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

It auto aims for you while you jump around and watch a cardboard building disappear slowly

I've diligently played worse games than that. :clint:

That's the beauty of Gamepass. Many of these games' online multiplayer would die quick deaths, but being available on the cheap allows a quick and dirty population for people who are curious and may even find the game worth sticking with competitively (hah!) for not $59.99.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
GamePass is the logical next step for a world where XBox/PS games all end up going on sale for 75% off for the base game after their initial release windows.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Dishwasher posted:

I had a grand ol' time qhile playing the test so if you've got game pass I'd say check it out.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Oh my god. Apparently Shadow of the Tomb Raider added an update to photo mode that allows you to replace Lara with a Llama. I was going to wait until all the DLC tombs were out before playing again but I think I need to rethink that immediately.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
What I like about crackdown 3 is if you play it on pc co-op it caps fps to 30 and runs like poo poo.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Xbox Keeps Winning!

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Celexi posted:

What I like about crackdown 3 is if you play it on pc co-op it caps fps to 30 and runs like poo poo.

Does your coop partner have a 30 fps limit enabled? The Digital Foundry video said that if you were playing coop between an Xbox One X and base Xbox One, the person using the X will have to deal with lower graphics/perf settings to keep the game sync'd properly but two X owners playing together would have max (console) fidelity. If your coop partner is playing at 30-40 fps on medium it might be capping your performance to keep traffic and NPCs sync'd.

I haven't played PC coop yet so I dunno if it works the same way or not. I do know Saints Row 2 and 3 both had really bad sync issues in coop and could have used a similar solution. The game runs at 80 FPS on max settings with a 6700k/980ti at 2560*1440 for me in single player.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Bloodplay it again posted:

Does your coop partner have a 30 fps limit enabled? The Digital Foundry video said that if you were playing coop between an Xbox One X and base Xbox One, the person using the X will have to deal with lower graphics/perf settings to keep the game sync'd properly but two X owners playing together would have max (console) fidelity. If your coop partner is playing at 30-40 fps on medium it might be capping your performance to keep traffic and NPCs sync'd.

Holy poo poo lol this game just gets amazingly worse every time I open this thread.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Eh a bunch of games have weird multi interactions due to the one / one x thing

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

ZeusCannon posted:

Eh a bunch of games have weird multi interactions due to the one / one x thing

Yeah and what's the alternative, make the player with the base system crash into invisible cars? People were mad at Volition for not including co-op in Agents of Mayhem but almost every Saints Row game that features co-op has major issues keeping everything in sync. I tried playing Saints Row 2 co-op on PC back in 2012 or so and it was impossible because my friend had a bitchin gaming PC and I was playing at the lowest settings, which meant absolutely nothing was in sync. I think Sumo did a good job implementing a workaround and if you want to blame anyone, blame Microsoft and Sony for starting a trend of putting new systems out every three years because it puts developers in weird situations like these.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pc games work online with users having different fps settings

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Also i mean its coop. Sync is more important in those situations than in others. So yeah its just a big whatev

Edit: ∆∆ K cool

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I finished Crackdown 3 today; its short but I really enjoyed my time with it and would honestly probably pay for single player DLC for it or just wait with baited breath for a Crackdown 4 that hopefully wont have such a hosed up development.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Its a real fun coop formula and the problem is its simple. So people keep trying to make it more complex when what they should do is make it expansive. Just give us a gently caress ton of people to track down and im happy hopping around blowing up city blocks all day

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i dont see whats wrong with the xbox one x/ xbox one thing

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Pc games work online with users having different fps settings

:agreed:

This "desync" because one runs in a higher setting is a bad excuse to be honest.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Did you guys just totally miss out on the Saints Row 2-4 (4 is actually playable unlike 2 and 3) example? I don't really wanna sit and dig up other examples because I'm not arguing the merits of PC versus console gaming or whatever, but acting like sync issues are nonexistent in PC games is bizarre. Even strategy games with way less movement like Total War have sync issues on PC if the systems involved vary wildly in terms of performance.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

From your two examples sounds like the devs fault than the platform.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Yeah, even Shadowrun on the 360 had crossplay with PC and worked fine. Same with let's say Rocket League, Fortnite... They're examples of completely different platforms playing together.

On PS4 you can co-op Nioh between a ps4 slim playing 1080p 30fps and a ps4 pro playing at 60fps.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Tiny bit less going on in nioh compared to say saints or crackdown or another comparable open world esque thing. Its still kinda a non thing because game still works it just scales back when in coop which is a big whatever.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Man, whoever designed the races for Crackdown 3 needs to get punched. Losing everything thing because a car decided to drive right in front of the finish line and kill all of my momentum? :downsbravo:

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

I was wrong guys. Crackdown 3 online is absolute trash. Graphics look like 1st gen PS3, autolock is strange, controls are weird. My God, this is supposed to be their tentpole exclusive. :chloe:

Back to Gears of War 4 I go.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If you like shotgun meta try apex. All i ever get in that game is one of its 50 types of shotgun

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
This forced stealth section in Shadow of the Tomb Raider is loving garbage. At least give me a loving gun to defend myself since stealth killing even one guy forces them to seek you out.

And I almost paid money for this game.

mem
Sep 1, 2005
I was kind of digging tomb raider until about the 100th time I pressed x to gather resources. If they reduced that poo poo by tenfold it might be alright.

Get home tomorrow to try Crackdown. Never played one so hopefully have a bit of fun in the campaign. I'm actually glad it's short, I don't have time for 30+ hour games anymore. I'm waiting for a sale on metro, I just don't have time for it right now.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
:siren:HOT TIP::siren: So in Shadow of the Tomb Raider if you reach the section called "Downpour" and you haven't bothered to get any of the stupid throwable abilities or the plant a bomb on dead bodies ability just loving uninstall the game because you got no way to defend yourself and you can't sneak past all the idiots with guns. Why Lara won't pick up a loving gun during this part I'll never loving know. Game sucked too much to restart; especially when I've got 50% complete already. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

But the dead body bomb abilities are cool why wouldn't you take them.

Also the llama in photo mode is fun.