Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Welcome to Monopoly.

In addition to Somber's standard Mafia Rules (as applicable), we will be using the official ruleset as documented here. No house rules will be honored, including my own time-tested balance adjustments.

No out-of-game considerations are allowed, and any 'free rent' deals may only extend to a single use/charge per individual property.

Players who sign up have promised me personally that they will play the game to completion. I will roll a single quasi-simultaneous turn per 24-hour 'day', players have the first 24 hours to respond whether or not they will purchase the property they land on. All deals must be proposed in-thread, there will be no discord component to this game.

Am I forgetting anything?

Final Results

Winner of Awful Awful Monopoly Season 1: Asiina, the Horse traveled 341 spaces, went to jail three times and served three turns.
$4,307 - Baltic (H) and Mediterranean Avenue (H); States Avenue, Virginia Avenue; Illinois (H), Indiana (H), and Kentucky Avenues (H); North Carolina Avenue; Park Place.
The bank did not meet their full bankruptcy balance and voided $72 of debt.

2nd Place - Meinberg, the Thimble traveled 431 spaces, went to jail 3 times but only served 1 turn.
$56 - The Pauper's Railroad; Tennessee Avenue; the Boardwalk

3rd Place - Soaring Kestrel, the Bird of Prey traveled 361 spaces, went to jail twice and spent one turn in jail.
$145 - [Utilities ($83)]; Oriental (3), Vermont (3), and Connecticut (3) Avenues; [St. Charles Place ($77)]; [New York Avenue ($110)], [St. James Place ($99)]; Marven Gardens (2), Atlantic (1) and Ventnor (1) Avenues; [Pacific Avenue $165], [Pennsylvania Avenue ($176)]

4th Place - sniper4625, the Car, traveled 304 spaces and never spent any time in jail.
$266 - New York Avenue; [Park Place $193]

5th Place - AnonymousIdiot (aka Xomerang), the Hat traveled, 208 spaces; was sent to jail once and served three turns.
[St. Charles Place ($77)]; [Pacific Avenue ($165)]; [the Boardwalk ($220)]

6th Place - Natural 20, the Dog, traveled 79 spaces and never spent any time in jail.
Mediterranean Avenue, Park Lane (1) & the Boardwalk (1)

peramene fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I will only refer to this game as The Landlords Game and will not answer to anyone referring to this game by any other title.

Also I should probably read the actual rules at some point.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I'm here. I'm ready. I hope they kill me in that other game.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Also, make me the thimble. The true worker’s tool.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Eat The Rich.

:thermidor:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Dibs on car

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I liked being the horse or the ship.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
GIVE ME THE DOG OR GIVE ME DEATH.

Also all the properties are wrong.

Where's Old Kent Road?

Where's Mayfair?

WHERE ARE THE STATIONS?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Gimme the Hat.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
okay

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
can we settle on the reviewed rules? some joker added in free parking 16 hours ago or something

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

This might be the worst thing I’ve ever seen in this forum

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

And I played in “pera No mafia”

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I declare myself to be banker.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Suffering is part and parcel of the human condition, and here we are all made to suffer at the whims of a cruel mistress.

Such is life.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

Suffering is part and parcel of the human condition, and here we are all made to suffer at the whims of a cruel mistress.

Such is life.

It's pretty great imo

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Reminder i will always be willing to discuss deals im the deals wizard

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
glhf I wish a swift death upon us all

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

e: f, b

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

:barf:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyBmEeojfKo

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Hope i don't roll 3 doubles or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeDM1ZjMK50

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

(http://orokos.com/roll/c-MONOPOLY)

Asiina rolls a 3 and a 6 and moves 9 spaces, landing on Connecticut Avenue. It costs $120 dollars.
Meinberg rolls a 3 and a 4 and moves 7 spaces, drawing a CHANCE card.
Natural 20 rolls a 2 and a 6 and moves 8 spaces, landing on Vermont Avenue. It costs $100 dollars.
sniper4625 rolls double 6s and moves 12 spaces, landing on the ELECTRIC COMPANY Utility. It costs $150 dollars.
AnonymousIdiot rolls a 6 and a 5 and moves 11 spaces, landing on St. Charles Place. It costs $140 dollars.
Soaring Kestrel rolls a 5 and a 1 and moves 6 spaces, landing on Oriental Avenue. It costs $100 dollars.

:siren: That's all three light-blue properties!! :siren:

sniper4625 rolls a 4 and a 3 and moves 7 additional spaces, landing on New York Avenue. It costs $200.

peramene fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 17, 2019

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I will take both.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
are we doing purchasing in turn order or simultaneously?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
i'll buy oriental ave

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Meinberg has been convicted of identity theft* and must go directly to jail.

Some editions place restrictions on player activity while in jail, that is stupid and we won't be doing that. Meinberg is simply restricted from movement until free.

*I didn't think it would matter, but my decks are from the Electronic Banking edition, and so some of the flavoring may be different than the original.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

great good, wonderful

this is a well balanced game

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Next turn, I will spend 50 dollars to gain freedom from this unfair imprisonment.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

State of play pre-purchases

Dearest GM please assign us colors to allow easier representation of purchased spaces. Or symbols.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
BUY

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

peramene posted:

Meinberg has been convicted of identity theft* and must go directly to jail.

Some editions place restrictions on player activity while in jail, that is stupid and we won't be doing that. Meinberg is simply restricted from movement until free.

*I didn't think it would matter, but my decks are from the Electronic Banking edition, and so some of the flavoring may be different than the original.

Lmfao

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Not the corner I'm wanting, but fine. I'll take it!

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

rude

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Buy

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Not the corner I'm wanting, but fine. I'll take it!

Hush your moaning you got the pink with the card attached

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

you may select a proper token at your leisure darling <3

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Actually scratch that, let it go to auction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

peramene posted:

you may select a proper token at your leisure darling <3

Yeah SK just send me an ideally transparent monopoly looking token and a signed notarized agreement to pass me 50% of all earnings and I'll fix you up.