Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

DJExile posted:

Flea Market Flip, Living Alaska, and Flippin’ RVs

these sound awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Pursuit also is the home of TNA Impact wrestling, a TV show on SpikeTV 5 years ago

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

Pursuit also is the home of TNA Impact wrestling, a TV show on SpikeTV 5 years ago

and currently gets like 10,000 viewers

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what the gently caress is wrong with these ricketts cretins

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bird in a Blender posted:

The believe the NFL this year manages to stop the bleeding. Their ratings are flat or even a little up from last year.

I thought the NBAs ratings had been going up the last couple years. NBA just needs to get a couple actual good east coast teams, and one of them can’t be in Toronto.

Oh man I was looking for a specific post (can't seem to find it) but man this aged well.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

Oh man I was looking for a specific post (can't seem to find it) but man this aged well.

The NFLs ratings were up on the whole this year though.

E: the SB itself was down, but the regular season and other playoff games were up compared to the last couple seasons.

Awful Announcing posted:

The Super Bowl notwithstanding, ratings for the 2018-19 regular season were up five percent from the previous year. Audiences fell by 10% in 2017 and by 8% in 2016, and while the increase from the just completed season didn’t bring the ratings back to record levels in 2015, the networks are still encouraged by the increase.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Feb 14, 2019

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shush you

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

DJExile posted:

The NFLs ratings were up on the whole this year though.

E: the SB itself was down, but the regular season and other playoff games were up compared to the last couple seasons.

in mourningview voice: "yeah but ratings for all tv have been up this year so it doesn't count"

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
what

Is that the thing that made you mad at me? Because if so it's really weird that me saying "NFL ratings are still good relatively speaking" has somehow made you angry for like over a year now

MourningView fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Feb 14, 2019

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

MourningView posted:

what

Is that the thing that made you mad at me? Because if so it's really weird that me saying "NFL ratings are still good relatively speaking" has somehow made you angry for like over a year now

I think he’s just more so making fun of how any mention of NFL ratings makes you appear like Beetlejuice and spit out the company line.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
No he also got mad at me out of nowhere in the NCAA basketball thread. And "any mention" in this case is "that one time, like a year ago"

I got into it more this year because teams like the Chiefs going full college spread offense was fun but otherwise I have only sporadically followed the NFL for the last four or five years and think everyone in charge of it is an awful person. It just seems dumb to pretend like it's dying when it's still the most watched thing on TV.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Feb 14, 2019

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/weei/status/1096039768557871110?s=21

this is a lot

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Mario Impemba was the Tigers play by play guy until the chair choking incident

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Mario Impemba was the Tigers play by play guy until the chair choking incident

hahahaha I was about to ask if that was him. Man, that was quick.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Berman doing Red Sox PBP is going to be unbearable

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

surprised lewin went from the mets to that, especially since he moved to san diego

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Why would anyone hire Berman at this point

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Berman doing Red Sox PBP is going to be unbearable

I mean I've listened to Boston area home telecasts and is it any worse?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

FlamingLiberal posted:

backbackbackbackback

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Bip Roberts posted:

I mean I've listened to Boston area home telecasts and is it any worse?

The radio crew has honestly been perfectly fine to pretty good. Asking Berman to carry the broadcast the way Joe Castig does is a reach, but they probably, hopefully won't. I'm guessing it's mostly going to be Castig/Impemba in the booth

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

MourningView posted:

what

it's a joke, relax

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’d imagine there are a lot of people willing to throw the guy a bone since his wife died right after he retired.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/BackAftaThis/status/1096620170834051072?s=19

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The 70's were a different time, one where seeing a man on fire wouldn't warrant raising your voice.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

drag racing commentator Steve Evans once heard of a woman's hair catching on fire at an event and offered money to have her run down the track

RIP Steve

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 16, 2019

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Fauxhawk Express posted:

drag racing commentator Steve Evans once heard of a woman's hair catching on fire at an event and offered money to have her run down the track

RIP Steve

lmao that's phenomenal

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

There was a mid/late 1990s Braves game that took place against the Dodgers in L.A. As is tradition, there were several beach balls in the stands. Don Sutton had been casually commenting on them for the radio broadcast until he noticed that one wasn't a beach ball. He was quite surprised and amused this was instead "an anatomically correct blow-up doll." That's the only part I remember precisely. I'd love to hear that bit of broadcast again.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

JESUS CHRIST :stare:

https://twitter.com/BackAftaThis/status/1096940209072205824

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

he was dressed up like a snowman

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Original Vape God

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

The Original Vape God

he bumped a hot chocolate vendor in the stands, which caused the sternos heating the hot chocolate to spill on his snow man suit

he survived with second degree burns to the neck thankfully

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

he bumped a hot chocolate vendor in the stands, which caused the sternos heating the hot chocolate to spill on his snow man suit

That’s loving insane.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

exploded mummy posted:

I know this kinda thing used to fly all the time, but it’s so loving bananas to imagine strapping a bunch of lit sterno cans around my neck and walking up and down stairs in a large, boisterous crowd

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

That’s loving insane.

yeah, but i wanted to make sure we weren't watching vin scully call a snuff film

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Tangentially related to dude that's on fire in the stands is the incredible article by deadspin about the guy who fell out of the stands at a baseball game and some how lived https://deadspin.com/the-kid-who-didnt-die-at-riverfront-stadium-1796882505

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This happened today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aBh_YESi2E

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo :stare:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DJExile posted:

holy poo poo :stare:

I can't find the whole video, but the bobsled FLIPPED OVER ON ITS SIDE and it looked like the guys might all be dead, but then it FLIPPED BACK UP and they finished their run 5 seconds off the pace

Watched it live, poo poo was nuts

EDIT: FOUND IT!

https://twitter.com/JockCartier/status/1097270934757531648

EugeneJ fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 18, 2019

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

EugeneJ posted:

I can't find the whole video, but the bobsled FLIPPED OVER ON ITS SIDE and it looked like the guys might all be dead, but then it FLIPPED BACK UP and they finished their run 5 seconds off the pace

Watched it live, poo poo was nuts

EDIT: FOUND IT!

https://twitter.com/JockCartier/status/1097270934757531648

:stonklol:

Unrelated:
https://twitter.com/Ryan_Cortes/status/1097275878168559618