Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Unless we get toy leaks I doubt we'll be getting new forms until Mid-season. Those usually leak when everything else for the start of the season does cause they need to sell toys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

there's at least 13 princesses and each one has a unique power to give the girls

there's plenty of time to draw stuff out. and like. this is the Maho Girls writer, and that show upset the status quo very regularly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nodosaur posted:

there's at least 13 princesses and each one has a unique power to give the girls

there's plenty of time to draw stuff out. and like. this is the Maho Girls writer, and that show upset the status quo very regularly.

True it swapped main villains and generals midway through .

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

yeah but if we had different forms we had have different toys and merchandise and they'd have it in stores or coming to stores soon. The fact we have no toy store leaks is a pretty good sign we don't have different forms

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

SatoshiMiwa posted:

And hey, if the end game is Precure Touhou than I'm game

I need it. It’s my new dream, and dreams are the path to the future.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Magical girls fighting space youkai with the power of the Zodiac is a hell of a concept to base a season around, I hope it manages to keep up its current momentum the whole way through. Also if they're really not doing MotW this season I hope they at least find some way to keep things interesting (like maybe have a general that can transform ala Elisio and Bibury's doll from KiraKira).

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The one thing that surprises me about the generals is that I can't think of a single other show that's tried its hand at a sexy kappa before now. With how popular they are and how artists being horny is a universal constant, it just seems unlikely.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I'm hoping that Kappard and Tenjou aren't just flukes and all of the NotRaiders turn out to just be evil space youkai (which seems to be the case based on the silhouettes in the OP). I'm also hoping that we'll get form changes based on the Princesses for the Cures themselves and not just Fuwa.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I want tsuchinoko. Give me tubby snake.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On another note, I kind of hope Aoi, Emiru and Lulu get a chance to preform together at some point in the next crossover movie. Speaking of which, it might be nice if they started doing Returns specials for Precure like they've done for some Sentai and Rider shows (though there apparently was a Smile novel that picked up 10 years after the end of the series and Maho Girls' finale was technically an epilogue).

Mostly I just want to see what the older characters have been up to post-series (particularly the ones that wound up revealing their identities at the end) and see some Magical Women kicking rear end (also, Prime Minister Mana Aida).

Hell, do a Splash Star and/or Doki Doki sequel and use it as an opportunity to finally make Regina and the Kiryuu sisters into proper Cures.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Regina is literally made of darkness/selfishness, so I'm not sure she can become a Precure.

but I do think Dokidoki has the most interesting implications for things post-series.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

Regina is literally made of darkness/selfishness, so I'm not sure she can become a Precure.

but I do think Dokidoki has the most interesting implications for things post-series.

She still was somehow redeemed and joined their side at the end anyway, plus if fairies and robots can be Cures then why not (maybe call her Cure Joker or something to match her "sister").

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Nodosaur posted:

Interdimentional colonial exploitation of a magical kingdom by an international mega corporation. Capitalism ho!

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Smile had an official post-series novel where all the characters were in their (IIRC) mid-twenties and it seemed to imply that they're going to be Precure again and I would legitimately watch something like that.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Regarding DokiDoki it would be interesting to see how their lives are now that the public is aware of their identities as Precure (I imagine that being a superhero wouldn't exactly hurt your social life/future political aspirations at any rate) as well as how relations between Japan and the Trump Kingdom are going. Similarly, it could be interesting to see a Fresh or Go Princess sequel as well since they also revealed themselves by the end.

But yeah, a 10 Years After special for any season could be fun (or at the very least let some of the older Cures grow a bit rather than leaving everyone perpetually the same age). The past 3 seasons already had straight up timeskips by the end after all.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Aida Mana’s the prime minister by now.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Vorpal Cat posted:

Interdimentional colonial exploitation of a magical kingdom by an international mega corporation. Capitalism ho!

Alice is a good girl, she’d be ethical about it

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Not even magical girls can produce ethical consumption under capitalism

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Alice probably is the most likely of the rich cures to use her money for capitalism thhough she'd do whatever Mana said she should do.

Unlike say Mugi who will either use money to feed HTT snacks till they retire or use it to take over the world cause Yui jokes about when they graduated university

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Look, the Trump Kingdom needs to be rebuilt, and it's not like their money's worth anything on Earth, so maybe Alice doesn't get anything out of it.

I bet they use stuff like playing cards for cash or something.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

They literally pay for things with song.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so Yotsuba Corp. becomes the world's leading exporter of idols.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Alice can do what she pleases. She's the daughter of one of the wealthiest families in the country and is also a superhero whose best friend and current prime minister once took down a giant demon (almost singlehandedly at that), are you going to argue with her?

Off the subject but is it just me or do the Kiryuu sisters look really out of place compared to the other inhabitants of Dark Fall? Everyone else is some kind of weird demon thing but those two just look like ordinary human girls (albeit with weird eyes and energy powers). In fact, when I first watched Splash Star I initially thought it was going to turn out that they actually were humans who had been brainwashed (which also makes me wonder exactly what they were created from, what with all the other generals being some kind of ordinary object enchanted by magic).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 20, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
For Star Twinkle It appears the ours villain group's name is supposed to be Nottoraiders, coming from "nottoru" which means "Take Over".

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Larryb posted:

Off the subject but is it just me or do the Kiryuu sisters look really out of place compared to the other inhabitants of Dark Fall? Everyone else is some kind of weird demon thing but those two just look like ordinary human girls (albeit with weird eyes and energy powers). In fact, when I first watched Splash Star I initially thought it was going to turn out that they actually were humans who had been brainwashed (which also makes me wonder exactly what they were created from, what with all the other generals being some kind of ordinary object enchanted by magic).

The generals were based on the elements of the days of the week, being the sun, moon, fire, water, wood, earth, and metal. Because of the opposing nature of the sun and moon, it would be best if they were a pair, and and they were designed as young women to make their whole "pretend to be friends" plot articulation work.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

For Star Twinkle It appears the ours villain group's name is supposed to be Nottoraiders, coming from "nottoru" which means "Take Over".

No it's Not Raiders, because they aren't raiders.

It's ok to let them have pens.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

No it's Not Raiders, because they aren't raiders.

It's ok to let them have pens.

Could be both honestly, this series does love its puns.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

BattleCattle posted:

The generals were based on the elements of the days of the week, being the sun, moon, fire, water, wood, earth, and metal. Because of the opposing nature of the sun and moon, it would be best if they were a pair, and and they were designed as young women to make their whole "pretend to be friends" plot articulation work.

Michiru and Kaoru were also voiced by the same actresses who played Moop and Foop respectively (though in Kaoru's case it was her second actress as the original left the show after becoming pregnant).

On a similar note, the villains in DokiDoki are all meant to correspond to one of the Seven Deadly Sins: Ira (Wrath), Marmo (Greed), Bel (Sloth), Leva (Envy), Gula (Gluttony), Regina (Lust) and Selfish King (Pride). Also in Yes 5 the employees of Nightmare are all based on animals/insects that eat/bother butterflies (mantis, spider, frog, bird, bat, chameleon, bee)

Off the subject but a few new Star Twinkle characters have been revealed. Starting from the top we have a pair of NotRaider generals named Garuuga (the blue guy) and Iwan (the one eyed alien girl) as well as a new classmate at Hikaru's school named Sakurako Himenoji.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 23, 2019

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

Michiru and Kaoru were also voiced by the same actresses who played Moop and Foop respectively (though in Kaoru's case it was her second actress as the original left the show after becoming pregnant).

On a similar note, the villains in DokiDoki are all meant to correspond to one of the Seven Deadly Sins: Ira (Wrath), Marmo (Greed), Bel (Sloth), Leva (Envy), Gula (Gluttony), Regina (Lust) and Selfish King (Pride). Also in Yes 5 the employees of Nightmare are all based on animals/insects that eat/bother butterflies (mantis, spider, frog, bird, bat, chameleon, bee)

Off the subject but a few new Star Twinkle characters have been revealed. Starting from the top we have a pair of NotRaider generals named Garuuga (the blue guy) and Iwan (the one eyed alien girl) as well as a new classmate at Hikaru's school named Sakurako Himenoji.

I should note that there is a chance Iwan is an ushi-oni rather than the conventional kind of oni, which would explain his blue skin (they're aquatic) and his heavy cloak (they're part-spider, so there may be a whole bunch of legs under there). His jowls also look kind of like a spider's fangs. Yes, I know blue oni exist, and that they seeem to be going for big-name yokai rather than more obscure ones, but it'd be a cool twist if they do choose it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

I should note that there is a chance Iwan is an ushi-oni rather than the conventional kind of oni, which would explain his blue skin (they're aquatic) and his heavy cloak (they're part-spider, so there may be a whole bunch of legs under there). His jowls also look kind of like a spider's fangs. Yes, I know blue oni exist, and that they seeem to be going for big-name yokai rather than more obscure ones, but it'd be a cool twist if they do choose it.

The top one is Garuuga actually (who is also apparently voiced by Dogold from Kyoryuger), Iwan is the female general below him (not entirely sure what kind of yokai she's supposed to be though).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Feb 23, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hitotsume kozou, probably. One eyed goblin children. They like disguising themselves as priests to play pranks, so 'dressing up as (something important and trustworthy) to play a prank' would explain why she's dressed as a precure.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I really should have expected that a half latina precure was going to have FUTBOL based attack

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I really should have expected that a half latina precure was going to have FUTBOL based attack

She joins the ranks of all the other Fire-themed Cures who hurl fireballs at people and I love her

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Finally after almost 30+ years the Sun has a Toei magical girl and she is awesome. And Gay

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Finally after almost 30+ years the Sun has a Toei magical girl and she is awesome. And Gay

I mean, the writer already did Maho Girls, which had an extremely gay sun Precure as the main character.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Subs are out for Star Twinkle 4. I really like Elena so far and it's nice that we finally saw some of the inner workings of the NotRaiders.

Like I've said before, if you're really not going to have MOTW in this season then you should at least do something unique with the villains to keep things interesting (like maybe give some of the generals a transforming gimmick like with Bibury and Elisio from KiraKira).

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
There was a lot of good stuff this episode, I see we have another wolfman general. At least, I assume he's a general? Could just be a butler for the one-eyed girl. Also looks like, based on the link from earlier, the girl in that is the one who saw Lala and Puruns this episode.

And Elena has the best version of the song.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I assume once all four Cures are in the Generals will start mixing up their tactics.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

I assume once all four Cures are in the Generals will start mixing up their tactics.

The team will be fully assembled next episode so we'll probably get a better sense of what this show's normal status quo is going to be like before long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wonder what kind of Yokai the Wolf like general is based on.

Edit: Like Garogre and Eyeone are pretty obvious. Maybe it will be clear when we get his name.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 25, 2019