Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Why wouldn't they just do in RE3make what they did here: redesign Jill's costume but just give the original one as an extra?

That is almost certainly exactly what they would do. Probably her RE1 outfit too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

And PSX models.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

s.i.r.e. posted:

They only jiggled once she stopped moving I think. lol

I think you're right and once I noticed it, I couldn't not notice it. And giggling.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Leon's suit of RPD Gundam armor stands out in a not good way to me even in the original because he is the only police officer in the entire game who wears it, but can you imagine the rioting that would have happened if he hadn't been wearing it in the remake and instead just had a normal RPD uniform?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

s.i.r.e. posted:

What do you mean "more realistic breast size?" Jill's never been stacked and I don't recall anyone ever moaning about her appearance in REmake, and if anything they made it worse since they introduced boob jiggle in that game and based her looks off an actual model.

That part was about Lara Croft

CJacobs posted:

Leon's suit of RPD Gundam armor stands out in a not good way to me even in the original because he is the only police officer in the entire game who wears it, but can you imagine the rioting that would have happened if he hadn't been wearing it in the remake and instead just had a normal RPD uniform?

It's not that unrealistic for riot gear, it's just a uniform with a thermal underneath, a bulletproof vest, and knee/elbow pads.

I do like that he starts off in 90s-appropriate street clothes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The "only police officer in the game who wears it" part is the part that's silly, hence why putting him in a normal cop uniform would be more realistic in line with the remake's outfit changes but also drive people bananas.

edit: At least in Leon B he finds it. In Leon A he just, like.... has it, magically, after a cutscene.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Some internet people seemed really mad about Claire's classic costume in RE2 remake where she has a tank top on under her vest instead of a t shirt.

There's mods that restore the original for PC players.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Leon's uniform in Remake is exactly what cops wear tho? A short sleeved shirt and body armor.

He also had a long sleeved shirt underneath which makes sense, given the weather and circumstances.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

WaltherFeng posted:

Leon's uniform in Remake is exactly what cops wear tho? A short sleeved shirt and body armor.

He also had a long sleeved shirt underneath which makes sense, given the weather and circumstances.

Why aren't any of the other 50 cops laying around dead in the RPD wearing it then though

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Claire's classic outfit in the remake does look bad without the bodysuit under the vest but to be real it's an outfit that only worked when games were only viewable with glaucoma level monitors. Her remake default is leagues above, other than the fact she doesn't zip the jacket up when driving her bike in the rain.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

CJacobs posted:

Why aren't any of the other 50 cops laying around dead in the RPD wearing it then though
It's from a costume party, Marvin only gave it to Leon to make him feel better.

Or, the only reason Marvin lingers with a gut wound so long is because he was smart enough to know all body armor does is encourage zombies to go for the neck :v: Isn't that right, Leon?

Section Z fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Feb 18, 2019

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

CJacobs posted:

Because they didn't put on their body armor before going out to fight a "riot." Leon is actually the smart one.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

CJacobs posted:

They were all on desk duty when the poo poo went down and they couldn't get home to change into their body armor!

I assume Leon got his because it was there for him to receive when he showed up for his first day.

Elliot had a bulletproof vest on, didn't he?

E:

CJacobs posted:

edit: At least in Leon B he finds it. In Leon A he just, like.... has it, magically, after a cutscene.

I only wish they had shown us Marvin limping over to the reception desk and handing Leon the cheerfully wrapped package containing his brand-spankin' new uniform.

On that front, in the original, I always thought the scattered party hats in the west office under the bunting was such a bummer.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Feb 18, 2019

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
When Marvin was talking about his mistake he was REALLY talking about not wearing armor.

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Feb 18, 2019

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I always figured most of the cops dressed like Leon were part of teams like you see in the RE3 intro and are dead or zombified as a result.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Quote isn't edit. Sorry.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Feb 18, 2019

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

CJacobs posted:

Elliot (or whatever was his name) wears body armor before he gets munched in half. The pads and long shirt I assume Leon just threw on for extra protection

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

CJacobs posted:

Probably due to most of the riot gear having been on the cops who got killed/turned during the initial outbreak riots. The officers left at the RPD never had riot gear assigned to them, as it wouldn't be necessary for their primarily desk work jobs.

Either that or Irons is a cheap gently caress and never signed off on the riot gear budget.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

It'd be well in fitting with Irons' character to refuse allowing officers to don riot gear and be very aggressive about people disobeying it :v:

DeadButDelicious posted:

I always figured most of the cops dressed like Leon were part of teams like you see in the RE3 intro and are dead or zombified as a result.

But this is probably most likely. All the riot gear folks dispersed into the city to try to safeguard passages for people to get to the police station but were predictably overwhelmed, leaving regular officers back at the station to care for whoever managed to make it there.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The cops put up Leons welcome stuff very early didn't they? His first day is the day the game takes place but they presumably put it up before things started going bad which is a few days at least. Marvin left the note as well and then took the time to write a little sardonic addendum to the end of it as things started getting worse. He seems like he'd be a good boss.

Just amuses me imagining them sitting around counting bullets while the station descends into anarchy, surrounded by "Welcome Leon" bunting and party hats. The alternative is Marvin looking determined the morning of the game "oh right, it's Leon's first day. Well, the RPD always welcomes its new recruits" and putting it up despite his gut wound, then he pretends not to recognise Leon and is very hurt when upon returning to the main hall he doesn't say anything about the puzzle and decorations he put so much work into. He stews on it for a bit and then he dies of grief.

That assignment note by the way, I have had to do stuff like that at new jobs, "go around the building, ask each co worker one of these questions and learn their names" type stuff so that seemed somewhat realistic to me (seen a lot of streamers be like "oh this is dumb, what a contrived puzzle", it's an RE game, they're all contrived puzzles!). I didn't get a gun upgrade when I did it though, just the crushing banality of office banter.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Technical Analysis posted:

Probably due to most of the riot gear having been on the cops who got killed/turned during the initial outbreak riots. The officers left at the RPD never had riot gear assigned to them, as it wouldn't be necessary for their primarily desk work jobs.

Either that or Irons is a cheap gently caress and never signed off on the riot gear budget.

Exactly what I thought

All the riot gear is long gone from initial outbreak response save for Leon's suit waiting for him, which Marvin hands over, while most everyone left in the RPD has some vests at best with just rank and file and desk officers still inside once it all went to siege

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."

thebardyspoon posted:

The cops put up Leons welcome stuff very early didn't they? His first day is the day the game takes place but they presumably put it up before things started going bad which is a few days at least. Marvin left the note as well and then took the time to write a little sardonic addendum to the end of it as things started getting worse. He seems like he'd be a good boss.

Just amuses me imagining them sitting around counting bullets while the station descends into anarchy, surrounded by "Welcome Leon" bunting and party hats. The alternative is Marvin looking determined the morning of the game "oh right, it's Leon's first day. Well, the RPD always welcomes its new recruits" and putting it up despite his gut wound, then he pretends not to recognise Leon and is very hurt when upon returning to the main hall he doesn't say anything about the puzzle and decorations he put so much work into. He stews on it for a bit and then he dies of grief.

That assignment note by the way, I have had to do stuff like that at new jobs, "go around the building, ask each co worker one of these questions and learn their names" type stuff so that seemed somewhat realistic to me (seen a lot of streamers be like "oh this is dumb, what a contrived puzzle", it's an RE game, they're all contrived puzzles!). I didn't get a gun upgrade when I did it though, just the crushing banality of office banter.

Even if the apocalypse is happening, it’s not an excuse to be rude. We should all follow Marvin’s example of holding in our guts, putting on a party hat and baking a cake for the newbie :confuoot:

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Leon was called to stay away a week before the events of the game (also who called him?). Assuming the game is still set overnight of 29th/30th September that could put it as early as September 22nd, when Birkin decides to try some grape soda in his veins.

Depending on when he was hired they might have put up the decorations and, uh, "orientation puzzle" around the time things were getting bad but not overwhelming and just never took them down due to more pressing issues like not being eaten. Then when Leon keeps getting the RPD answer machine or a disconnected tone because of the lovely communications issues he heads down to Raccoon for a good old time.

That was how I read it, anyway.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Yeah Leon was due a while ago but got told to not bother until he decided to play boy scout

They just never took it down in the week since

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Black August posted:

Like, just apply the most basic logic

Nemesis is incredibly fast and mobile, Jill is firing her gun all the time (as are the multiple heavily armed mercenaries), it follows the sounds of destruction and moves like a flying truck to search the area until it hits paydirt, there's barely any need to argue it

Just imagine Nemesis as some kind of Optimus Prime semi, Nemesis' face stretched over the grille, flying around, smashing through buildings. The exhaust hisses out STARS. gently caress. I'm tired. Its too early.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Right, so I finished my first playthrough(as Leon). Cool game overall, does a great job with the feeling of the originals, etc. I'm sure you all heard it before.

Main complaint would be that the fedora tyrant(Mr T? whatever the internet is calling him) felt kinda overused. He was quite spooky at first, but after a while my reaction boiled down to "oh it's this rear end in a top hat again". When the game made sure I'd have a heavy weapon-sized slot in my inventory when going down the elevator in the end what happened next didn't exactly shock me. Also Leon developing a crush on whatsherface in just a few hours felt silly.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Does finishing the DLC stages on training mode unlock the final stage?

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

yes

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Some internet people seemed really mad about Claire's classic costume in RE2 remake where she has a tank top on under her vest instead of a t shirt.

McTimmy posted:

Well, it does look really bad.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Yeah, if you're gonna redo a classic look, you better go all the way and do the wet suit denim hot pants combo justice.

I think there's a real distinction to be made between time pausing for interactions, and time pausing for decisions. In RE2 remake you might be able to board up windows (or do puzzles) in time pause, but your decision to do so happened live.

Agoat posted:

There's mods that restore the original for PC players.

It really is shocking how bad the official classic claire is. The mod is far better but still not quite right but the modder is going to update it when actual model editing tools are available.

In the meantime I am a huge fan of this Darkside Chronicles skin http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/10300/claire-redfield-darkside-costume

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I really like this mod. It's a bit out there but I'm speedrunning the game now so it works out.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

If we're going that far, is it possible to just copy/paste Hunk in there wholesale? Or are they incompatible due to differences in height, skeleton etc?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

man nurse posted:

Enemies whose movement appears juddery when at a distance will now animate smoothly no matter where you are in relation to them.

In Training posted:

It's a common performance saving tactic in a lot of games, animating actors at distance operate at lower frame rates to make the whole process smoother. If it's done well you don't notice it and if it's done poorly you get those ice dogs from the Dark Souls 2 DLC that look like a Mortal Kombat stage flair

I see, thanks for answering! I've been watching vids of it, so I guess that would be way more noticeable when you play it yourself. :)

Accordion Man posted:

Have it be that she saves Katherine and Ben and gets them to the police station for maximum irony.

The best part about this is that this would fit right in with RE3's theme where the NPCs Jill runs into tend to die terrible deaths. :v:

thebardyspoon posted:

I like that they kept the detail from the original where the banner actually spells, "WELLCOME LEON". You can actually find the extra L somewhere on the desks.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

bloom posted:

Also Leon developing a crush on whatsherface in just a few hours felt silly.
I think there are some extenuating circumstances, specifically the fact that she's the most human contact he has for the majority of a minor zombie apocalypse, and that she "dies" at the end. Much easier to have a crush on the idea of a person if the person is literally (though not actually) dead.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Mindblast posted:

If we're going that far, is it possible to just copy/paste Hunk in there wholesale? Or are they incompatible due to differences in height, skeleton etc?

here you go http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/9990/hunk-arklay-sheriff-claire-military

the silliest model swap is the one that replaces Ada (but keeps her voice obviously) with the Sherrif's deputy who gets killed at the gas station

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I think there are some extenuating circumstances, specifically the fact that she's the most human contact he has for the majority of a minor zombie apocalypse, and that she "dies" at the end. Much easier to have a crush on the idea of a person if the person is literally (though not actually) dead.

She's also the only person in Leon S. Kennedy's life he has completed a ride in a vehicle in where that vehicle did not immediately get blown up. From that ride to the NEST, Leon knew she was the one.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Barudak posted:

She's also the only person in Leon S. Kennedy's life he has completed a ride in a vehicle in where that vehicle did not immediately get blown up. From that ride to the NEST, Leon knew she was the one.

I think the OP was talking about Ada not Claire. That said, the relationship between Leon and Ada is like a million times more believable than in the original game which went from "ADA WAIT" to "I really enjoyed our short time together/ ADAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" in like 20 minutes.

*edit* at least I hope he meant Ada and didnt refer to Claire, one of the most famous video game characters of all time as "whatsherface"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Basticle posted:

I think the OP was talking about Ada not Claire. That said, the relationship between Leon and Ada is like a million times more believable than in the original game which went from "ADA WAIT" to "I really enjoyed our short time together/ ADAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" in like 20 minutes.

I'm talking about Ada as well?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Barudak posted:

I'm talking about Ada as well?

oops I saw you say 'ride in a vehicle" and thought you meant the car ride into town with Claire. :downs: (also I apparently cant read whole posts)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Basticle posted:

oops I saw you say 'ride in a vehicle" and thought you meant the car ride into town with Claire. :downs: (also I apparently cant read whole posts)

For the record in the entire franchise Leon on-screen rides in/gets near 2 vehicles that do not get blown up or destroyed during their time with him; the NEST tram with Ada and the jet ski from Ada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Barudak posted:

Of course, it could also tie into the DESTRUCTION of rides in the Remake's take on things.

"That lady just ran over X with a truck, and it exploded the moment she said a cool one liner" :swoon:

(Am I crazy of did you see for a half second her holstering the hacking=explosions gun after that?)

Section Z fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 18, 2019