Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dave Meltzer and Vince McMahon are the people i want to learn the most about. Publish that Vince book Dave and Vince write that Dave book i know you have in you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

A Vince book about anyone would be fascinating for the insight into how Vince see's the world.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I would buy a million copies of Vince’s book that takes it chapter about complaining about Dave ruining the business and then swooning over his biceps

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

what's the world record for most curse words written onto a page, I think Vince could surpass that within the first 10 pages of a book he writes

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

A full chapter that starts about the steroid trial and devolves a paragraph and a half in to ranting about how he sneezed and goes on for 12 pages.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

remusclaw posted:

A full chapter that starts about the steroid trial and devolves a paragraph and a half in to ranting about how he sneezed and goes on for 12 pages.

the steroid trial chapter would be "I won." and it moves on

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Incessant Excess posted:

There is nothing else worth knowing about Rowan.

The top moves of Erick Rowan

gently caress whichever zealotry lead to the removal of move lists on wikipedia

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lid posted:

The top moves of Erick Rowan

gently caress whichever zealotry lead to the removal of move lists on wikipedia
the people who have the most time and motivation to moderate wikipedia pages are coincidentally the last people on earth who should be moderating wikipedia pages

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Any book by Vince would be the Tristam Shandy of bizarre carny poo poo

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SviOtk0ZZPw

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Alvarez seemed way more negative on this show than the audience did. Most people I saw even online seemed to enjoy the show, particularly the Becky and Kofi stuff plus the Women's Chamber stuff.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Oh my god Dave telling Bryan to make sure to ask that one question he told that guy on Twitter to send in and giving him zero information on how to find it.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Angry Grimace posted:

Alvarez seemed way more negative on this show than the audience did. Most people I saw even online seemed to enjoy the show, particularly the Becky and Kofi stuff plus the Women's Chamber stuff.

Bryan: "Unlike Becky, Austin never attacked someone from behind"

Clearly, much like Vince, Bryan has also forgotten how Steve Austin was booked, as evidenced by Beeper 3:16 here:

To be fair this was an episode 3 years in the past of Retro Raw/Nitro watching, but still

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The 1998 Rumble's most memorable moment was Steve Austin sneaking into the ring. Hell, so was the 97 Rumble's (albeit he was a heel then)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah it's weird to me that he has been consistently going for the worst possible interpretation of her segments. It kinda makes me want to skip whenever he talks about her in the shows now.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Angry_Ed posted:

Clearly, much like Vince, Bryan has also forgotten how Steve Austin was booked, as evidenced by Beeper 3:16 here:

To be fair this was an episode 3 years in the past of Retro Raw/Nitro watching, but still

or the time he beat up a man strapped to a hospital bed

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
guys i think bryan alvarez might be dumb

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Guys I think Bryan Alvarez might be playing a character

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
What a worker

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
It’s almost like it’s Bryan’s job to fill time on the radio, and his selective memory can allow him to make certain points

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1097591071289225217

When are we getting the Spider-Man review WOR, Dave.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That movie really does own hard

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Bryan: Modern day babyfaces are idiots! Always taking beatings because they're too dumb to recognise unbeatable odds!

Also Bryan: Finn Balor using his smarts to isolate the weaker member of his opponents in a 1 on 2 handicap match, then leaving to prevent a further beating, is cowardly & heelish!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
As EC has shown, you can be a smart babyface or a strong babyface but not both.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Well we can go see that movie because your friend Dwayne is in it" is such an adorable thing to say :3:

sportsgenius86 posted:

That movie really does own hard

Seriously, it loving rules.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
“So uh yeah, Miles Morales is this kid and he’s pretty much in um it’s like superhero nxt but it’s not? He has a lot of talent but he’s not quite ready for the main roster or anything but he gets the call up to full superhero. Um, I suppose you could compare him to Adam Rose or uh No Way Jose in that regard. He has way more talent than either of those two. But um yeah he gets the call to be a main superhero and he gets over.”

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Into The Spider-Verse is the first movie in years where I will actually be upset if it doesn't get the Oscar. (If loving Wreck It Ralph 2 wins, I'll fly to LA and burn the theatre down... it'll be empty by the time I get there, but still)

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Raskolnikov38 posted:

guys i think bryan alvarez might be dumb

the everyday life of bryan alvarez bewilders me

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Into The Spider-Verse is the first movie in years where I will actually be upset if it doesn't get the Oscar. (If loving Wreck It Ralph 2 wins, I'll fly to LA and burn the theatre down... it'll be empty by the time I get there, but still)

We need to ban these comic book movies before another funnies fan crosses a line like this.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Angry_Ed posted:

Bryan being worried that fans will stop supporting Becky because she's doing a thing Steve Austin didn't do was beyond dumb. There isn't anything they could do to make her less over between now and WM. I mean, she got big cheers hobbling to the ring while her competitors stood around looking totally gormless until she hit them with the sticks she walked in on.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

dsriggs posted:

Bryan: Modern day babyfaces are idiots! Always taking beatings because they're too dumb to recognise unbeatable odds!

Also Bryan: Finn Balor using his smarts to isolate the weaker member of his opponents in a 1 on 2 handicap match, then leaving to prevent a further beating, is cowardly & heelish!

Bryan is often wrong, but I agree with both of these points

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hell yeah gainz chat on WOR

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Dave and Bryan are right, popcorn at the movies is less than 29 bucks, and KO’s son is a criminal for stealing the change.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pacific Rim's review of the Giant Baba Memorial Show is really good, and even includes some Dave-style paper-shuffling!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

"Starmaker" Bolin got Anthony Scaramucci on his podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWDk6Wahf6A

not really worth a listen other than for schadenfreude.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Jerusalem posted:

Pacific Rim's review of the Giant Baba Memorial Show is really good, and even includes some Dave-style paper-shuffling!

Please tell me there's at least 10 solid seconds of dead air to accompany it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

The most impressive part of the Jericho interview on WOR was his ability to deflect the San Jose Steamroller repeatedly by cutting dave off with a "let me finish" mid-breath

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

a big fat bunny posted:

Please tell me there's at least 10 solid seconds of dead air to accompany it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If I heard Dave on WOR correctly, HHH wasn’t told about the NXT call ups till very late, like a week’s notice or something :psyduck:

On a nicer note, B & V’s review of Nitro is a joy this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

If I heard Dave on WOR correctly, HHH wasn’t told about the NXT call ups till very late, like a week’s notice or something :psyduck:

On a nicer note, B & V’s review of Nitro is a joy this week.

He added later that Vince feels the reason ratings are down is that the shows lack stars, but that most of the guys on the roster are already too damaged to be built back up all the way

Can’t help but laugh