Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
reubens are the best sandwich but how the gently caress is the monte cristo not even ranked on there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

shawarma only wtf is wrong with you people

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Everything that is not a Cubano or a Ruben needs to GTFO

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

counterfeitsaint posted:

Everything that is not a Cubano or a Ruben needs to GTFO

how about a Rachel?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Monday_ posted:

Cubano deserves so much better than #13. Top 5, easily.

agreed but have you had it’s mega-evolution, the medianoche

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
a reuben manages to combine ingredients i hate into a sandwich i love. i dont think any of the other sandwiches are as high concept

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Turkey Club. No contest.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

reubens are the best sandwich but how the gently caress is the monte cristo not even ranked on there?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

too low

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I'm the kentucky sandwich that looks like the stars and bars

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
food republic sounds like it would have a userbase of people who care about the taste of food but apparently they just like shoving calories into their faces by the 1000s

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Do Jaffles count as sandwiches?

Woden
May 6, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

Do Jaffles count as sandwiches?

Yeah, what are the rules here?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

agreed. also tuna melts need to be at least #3

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

WatermelonGun posted:

agreed but have you had it’s mega-evolution, the medianoche

your commendation of the medianoche over the cubano is correct and I support your crusade. keep up the good fight

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
BLT supremacy. I will fight about it.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
ill give you my kentucky hot brown bitch

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
a huge gross burrito is a sandwich

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

BLT supremacy. I will fight about it.

and if you dont get it on sourdough gently caress you

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
McRib is not listed. This is troubling.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
A club sandwich is all you need.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Turkey club
Cheesesteak
French dip

My top 3

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i had a hot cubano with spicy dill pickles on sourdough today it was great

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Crusty Nutsack posted:

your commendation of the medianoche over the cubano is correct and I support your crusade. keep up the good fight

i am sincerely more passionate about this sandwich than i am my career

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
french dip is an insanely underrated sandwich

that and italian beef

god, i gotta get beefy soon

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

i had a hot cubano with spicy dill pickles on sourdough today it was great

What was his name

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
While I wouldn't really argue with someone referring to something involving egg, meat, and cheese as a breakfast sandwich it feels kinda dumb to put it in a sandwich competition. At that point you might as well include ice cream sandwiches because you've completely failed to acknowledge the intent of a sandwich category in the first place. It'd be like having a discussion over the best kind of salad while completely reasonable people argue over dressing you claim your tuna egg salad sandwich to be the victor. That's not what people meant when they said salad you buffoon.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Demon Of The Fall posted:

What was his name

brad

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

While I wouldn't really argue with someone referring to something involving egg, meat, and cheese as a breakfast sandwich it feels kinda dumb to put it in a sandwich competition. At that point you might as well include ice cream sandwiches because you've completely failed to acknowledge the intent of a sandwich category in the first place. It'd be like having a discussion over the best kind of salad while completely reasonable people argue over dressing you claim your tuna egg salad sandwich to be the victor. That's not what people meant when they said salad you buffoon.

what. breakfast sandwiches are absolutely sandwiches. you’re loving crazy. literally insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IfWuUVgFSQ

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
best sandwich is stack of 100-dollar bills on rye

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

The best sandwich is on a bagel. Take your favorite sandwich, sub in a bagel, it will be better.

I'm not just saying this because I'm Jewish, it's true.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

WatermelonGun posted:

what. breakfast sandwiches are absolutely sandwiches. you’re loving crazy. literally insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IfWuUVgFSQ
yeah breakfast sandwiches are totally sandwiches for the sake of comparison to other sandwiches which is why their list had a variety of breakfast sandwiches rather than just one generic one. NOT

Now if you wanted to have a "what is the best breakfast sandwich" list that'd be fine, but it's its own category that has no place in a comparison among sandwich sandwiches. sliding the totally out of place ham egg n cheese on there would be like just randomly putting a cheeseburger as #1. Yes yes burgers are sandwiches but they are not for sake of "what is the best sandwich" argument, a sandwich, neither are breakfast sandwiches.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

great big cardboard tube posted:

The best sandwich is on a bagel. Take your favorite sandwich, sub in a bagel, it will be better.

I'm not just saying this because I'm Jewish, it's true.

yeah but store bought bagels are loving cardboard

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
This is for my Bung Piepit peeps, the Parmo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w1NXxYx9Ns

just put it between 2 buns and pretend it's a sandwich. It's more of a sandwich in fact than a loving chip butty

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

yeah breakfast sandwiches are totally sandwiches for the sake of comparison to other sandwiches which is why their list had a variety of breakfast sandwiches rather than just one generic one. NOT

Now if you wanted to have a "what is the best breakfast sandwich" list that'd be fine, but it's its own category that has no place in a comparison among sandwich sandwiches. sliding the totally out of place ham egg n cheese on there would be like just randomly putting a cheeseburger as #1. Yes yes burgers are sandwiches but they are not for sake of "what is the best sandwich" argument, a sandwich, neither are breakfast sandwiches.

literal word salad.

croque monsieurs are not eaten for breakfast, you uncultured swine. the american palate is not the dominating force here, in idyllic sandwich land.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the best breakfast sando is a sausage mcmuffin

this isnt debatable

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
not a döner in sight
i guess ppl were right, americans ARE uncultured swine

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

WatermelonGun posted:

literal word salad.

croque monsieurs are not eaten for breakfast, you uncultured swine. the american palate is not the dominating force here, in idyllic sandwich land.

bacon egg n cheese does not belong on the same list as a turkey club unless that list is "all food that includes meat and starch in some combination". Might as well put cheeseburgers on the chart at that point. They're not in the same category of food.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Cheeseburgers are a sandwich

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

by definition yes but they are not in this list for a reason, the same reason should apply to breakfast sandwiches