Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Everybody always forgets about Atlantis, Lemuria and Mu :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spckr
Aug 3, 2014

here we go
“Earth is a Pizza” should be some kind of flatearther subcult

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The continents are North America, South America, Eurasia, Africa, India, Australasia, and Antarctica.

If were going by continental plates don't forget Arabia, Caribbia, Nazca, and Pacifica.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

And the oft-forgotten Juan de Fuca!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Memento posted:

"Continents" is an arbitrary word with zero agreed-upon definition. Depending on where you went to school, there are four, five, six or seven continents. PNG either is or isn't part of Australasia, and New Zealand either is or isn't part of Australasia as well. North and South America are a single continent in some school systems. It's a shambles, but it's never been hammered out because the term isn't super useful to geologists and geographers.

Quoting myself from way back in the mists of time...

Powered Descent posted:

"Continent" is a social construct rooted in nineteenth-century thinking. In fact there is greater variation within the so-called continents than there is between them. The more enlightened among us prefer to use less emotionally-charged terms, such as "geological community" or "cratonicity".

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Cratonicity sounds like a geology-themed Police cover band.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

WHOMP there it jizz posted:

the real pizzagate

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

WHOMP there it jizz posted:

Nonsense, earth is a sandwich: http://www.zefrank.com/sandwich/

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pakled posted:

That's a dailykos web poll and it's from today so I wouldn't call it a scientific poll or particularly representative of the Democratic party as a whole.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/2/19/1835869/-Daily-Kos-Democratic-Presidential-Primary-Straw-Poll-February-19

Also it's changed a lot since when that screenshot was taken.

It has indeed changed but the graph part somehow got worse:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
1%: famously slightly larger than 4%

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm okay with any new division of the continents as long as Europe gets taken off the list. I am okay with "European subcontinent".

IYKK
Mar 13, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm okay with any new division of the continents as long as Europe gets taken off the list. I am okay with "European subcontinent".

"The European peninsula"

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

vyelkin posted:

It has indeed changed but the graph part somehow got worse:

Well, at least this time "Other" and "Unsure" are no longer the two most beloved candidates, like they were some months ago.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Powered Descent posted:

Quoting myself from way back in the mists of time...

This seems like loose change in terms of things to worry about

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

MrUnderbridge posted:

Nothing, Juan de Fuca with you?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

how_boomers_see_milienials.jpg

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

And also how they see themselves

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Those poor British women and their perpetual baroo faces.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
My brain can only see the remain-majority pie charts as someone in mspaint trying really hard to remember how the australian flag looks.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

MrUnderbridge posted:

Let me reassure you that I, at least, do not forget the Juan de Fuca plate.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Whaaaaaat

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's the CBC. Being boring means it's relevant to us Canadians.

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

My brain can only see the remain-majority pie charts as someone in mspaint trying really hard to remember how the australian flag looks.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

"gently caress. Six stars? Eight stars? A circle, or....? gently caress it, a circle"

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

The funny thing is that the 85+ demographic swings massively back to Remain. Something to do with something only they remember, I don’t know what. :thunk:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

I swear there's been a gas leak at the CBC for the past few years.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

This chart is a masterpiece, drop to your knees and weep for you shan't see its like ever again (hopefully)

https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1100183332476907521

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think the thing is that Glenn Beck just doesn't know what the Overton Window is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Overton_Window (that's not an article about the political concept)

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

When the gently caress did Glenn beck become santa claus?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

System Metternich posted:

This chart is a masterpiece, drop to your knees and weep for you shan't see its like ever again (hopefully)

https://twitter.com/_waleedshahid/status/1100183332476907521

Shift that sucker to the right

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

How does a country manage to go past total planed economy on a chart of "economic freedom". Introducing the 110% planned economy, now regulating activities that don't even exist yet.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

That makes me think of some super homophobic country. "There are no gay people in Bigotalia, but being gay is illegal anyway."

Also, I'm the timeline going from 1790 to Cuba.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm "Russia" and "USSR" being in the same place

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

...since this is from Wells Fargo's website, a friend's reaction to it existing at all, let alone being publicly posted, is "it figures, they don't control any of their employees"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

So the guy in the middle will outlast Hitler, because he was in the middle of the whole good/evil spectrum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

MrUnderbridge posted:

So the guy in the middle will outlast Hitler, because he was in the middle of the whole good/evil spectrum?
I looked it up out of curiousity so nobody has to. That figure is a little inscrutable but the video context is that Prager believes in an afterlife because otherwise life is meaningless and bad people don't get ultimate punishment / good people don't get ultimate rewards and he would go insane. Also if you are a good person then the concept of no afterlife should make you insane, too! Quite the argument.