Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Sorryn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
A
How long has it been since we've considered [???]? Maybe the trip has started too big of a [???] drain on El.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

My ETA is 2-3 hours for the update.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

TK-42-1 posted:

This is the second time today i’ve seen this abomination of language and it’s bugging me. I’d never even thought of it before now.

It's just a weird thing about this language we've.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I see how much there is left to finish and just now checked the clock and realized it was much later than I thought. I ask for your patience and thank you for it folks, unless it is rushed... we need just one more night, I'm sorry. Tomorrow is the night folks.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
1 final question for the priest please

so, this whole thing is just because I'm black right?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Diogines posted:

You ask the priest if you should make an offering. The kindly old man says "If you wish to make thanksgiving for the gift of another day, your health, the innumerable blessings we receive daily and to thank that your journey has been successful thus far? If you would make an offering for those reasons Zepathans, surely."

The old priest then says "Things won through great hardship and adversity and trials, things which are truly meaningful and struggled for are fine offerings and surely the flesh of the detestable and profane most of all. And lesser offerings, often, to remind you that all you possess He made and you are greatful, which you have certainly never neglected. No offering will correct what you have done and if that is your concern, instead, act wiser and do not compound the error. You have fought courageously :frogsiren:for God:frogsiren: and prevailed in many great trials, but be mindful that hand in hand with such deedz is the constant risk that your words are mistaken for the Divine Will, ensure such does not occur."

Diogenes, is this just a late night mistake, or does this guy not say El? I know he said we do before, I just don't recall ever hearing a priest saying God instead of El.

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 20, 2019

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Volmarias posted:

Diogenes, is this just a late night mistake, or does this guy not say El? I know he said we do before, I just don't recall ever hearing a priest saying God instead of El.

A priest? No, but people have used the term "God" to refer to El. Notably Indor, in our early years.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Volmarias posted:

You've heard people just call El "god" before. It is not tremendously common but men do it.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 20, 2019

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

my girlfriend sent this to me earlier today and i’d never seen this before and then it shows up here and gently caress it in its illiterate yet somehow still valid rear end

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
What's the high Priest's Presence like?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

TK-42-1 posted:

my girlfriend sent this to me earlier today and i’d never seen this before and then it shows up here and gently caress it in its illiterate yet somehow still valid rear end

Honestly I feel like I should try to do this in something I need to send my advisor just to see what his response is.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!

Diogines posted:

"Such is not for you to be concerned with" the old priest says.

Just stare at him.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Buy lots of cool local Carine stuff like plants for Kavodel and pay some reputable merchant to bring it to Kavodel.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Cornuto posted:

Just stare at him.

Don't worry about, he said to the century old ten foot tall demon slayer future king of the front lines of evil's incursion into the country who gets memos from God and speaks to melachim on the reg.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I want to parse his "don't worry about it" as a melachim to nephilhim kind of thing, but currently any evidence that points to him being a melachim are relatively scarce and circumstantial, so it mostly comes off as uh tone deaf.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Dr Subterfuge posted:

I want to parse his "don't worry about it" as a melachim to nephilhim kind of thing, but currently any evidence that points to him being a melachim are relatively scarce and circumstantial, so it mostly comes off as uh tone deaf.

Personally, I don't think he's a Melachim.
Diog didn't go into great detail about the priest's appearance, but, the fact that there's ANY detail says odds are he's just a plain looking human. Normally, it's a whole lot of "Yeah, they have a face alright. At least you're pretty sure, you can't remember what you saw and you're currently still looking at it."

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

With the exception of Billy/Asahel Sr every melachim we've interacted with has been a total-generic that everyone else totally glosses over or Jael, who is totally generic but also puts Uriah to sleep or only appears when others are asleep. I guess sad-smile-lady-what-visits-in-the-night also only appears when others are sleeping.

Anyway, the fact that he's interacting with the whole city of Carine as their high priest makes it pretty unlikely that he's a secret melachim unless they are putting deep cover melachim into high priest positions as a regular order of business. This might actually be the case, who knows, Zeb doesn't appear very blooded but was ancient looking (to an 11 year old who had never seen an old person) when we arrived in Zepath 100 years ago. At this point he's a minimum of 160 years old, probably more?

Diog, I'd like to ask a lower ranked priest how long David has been the high priest of Carine.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

What's the high Priest's Presence like?

Dickish.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

That’s what I’m saying. I feel like the melachim can assume human forms of normal looks and live like that if they are assigned and take the time to assume the form for the long haul. It’s like the difference between 8 hours of makeup to become Hellboy or some other movie monster vs slapping on the Groucho glasses and having a dip into the mortal realm.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!
Hey this sounds pretty good:

L. Make an offering to El and "apologize and pray for wisdom, or at least to be not as much a dumbass."

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Have we actually seen an undercover melachim doing the "unrecognizably bland" trick outside of Zepath or could that be a Trio-exclusive gimmick?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

malbogio posted:

Have we actually seen an undercover melachim doing the "unrecognizably bland" trick outside of Zepath or could that be a Trio-exclusive gimmick?

The melachim that pointed us toward Ashkalon and then Tadmor was a total-generic lady.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Jael, whoever was carving out minotaur eyes at Acco, that melachim that sent enkidel off on his quest at tadmor.

I want to meet the wheel of fire with eyes melachim.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Diogines posted:

"Such is not for you to be concerned with" the old priest says.

I want us to go home, invent electricity, silicon, the internet, computers and all the rest of it just so we can send this to this priest fucker.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

I want us to go home, invent electricity, silicon, the internet, computers and all the rest of it just so we can send this to this priest fucker.

It would be worth it just to force Diog to explain how we brought about the end of Ur culture thanks to cat dog videos.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

I've been thinking about the whole will thing in relation to making blooded bronze. Won't the absolute peak will over reality experiment be willing blooded bronze from nothing? Like how dream enkidel made food, water and air or how enkidel stuffed his mouth with cheese in the dream before reaching Gebeb and woke up with some yellow goo.

If Enkidel actually becomes an old tales strong smith does he just will priceless blooded bronze into being from his well and just spaces it out so people don't get suspicious and to prevent a drastic well drain?

Polgas fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Feb 20, 2019

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Polgas posted:

I've been thinking about the whole will thing in relation to making blooded bronze. Won't the absolute peak will over reality experiment be willing blooded bronze from nothing? Like how dream enkidel made food, water and air or how enkidel stuffed his mouth with cheese in the dream before reaching Gebeb and woke up with some yellow goo.

If Enkidel actually becomes an old tales strong smith does he just will priceless blooded bronze into being from his well and just spaces it out so people don't get suspicious and to prevent well drain?

I'm sure our "Make something from nothing" gland will be forcibly by our own choice with no coercion or implied threat whatsoever removed long before that could become an issue for us.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Diogines posted:

A grand fatherly old man?

Fatherly, sure, but grand!? Surely we are detecting a spark of divinity in this 'priest.'

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Polgas posted:

If Enkidel actually becomes an old tales strong smith does he just will priceless blooded bronze into being from his well and just spaces it out so people don't get suspicious and to prevent a drastic well drain?

Even the hoop that saved Aaron had to draw from something. I wonder how taxing it was for Ish to make that flower and turn it to stone.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

the_steve posted:

It would be worth it just to force Diog to explain how we brought about the end of Ur culture thanks to cat dog videos.

Remember when one savvy Kavodelian youth invented that primitive refridgerator, and the next time we met with Ish he had a little version to cool his beverage? Our invention of the internet finally lets Ishamal reveal himself as a furry.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I like how Ishamal's tiny primitive refrigerator is clearly totally bullshit and he's just using magic to cool his drinks with a thin veneer of legitimacy. Since the concept behind a Yakhchal requires a certain size to function.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Is we gain the ability to will matter into existance by sheer force of will I'll be disappointed if aren't immediately high as balls from the Ur cocaine we materialize directly into our sinuses.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

In my head it’s just a college mini fridge but we don’t know what that is and he’s just telling us ‘oh yeah that’s just a tiny version. want a drink?’ while pocketing his spiderwebbed iphone.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Polgas posted:

Isn't the absolute peak just materialising white stone like the temple items we found were made out of?

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Isn't the absolute peak just materialising white stone like the temple items we found were made out of?

This.

My position is that blooded bronze acts as a material focus for your mind over matter poo poo, making it easier to get results because you can will reality to adjust the bronze. Willing reality to adjust and create something physical without a physical object there already to change creates that object out of nephesh and it looks like white bark. The reason other crafts don't really work as well as smithing for this is because you don't get to rework the same piece over and over to beat reality into submission.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

The white bark stone does seem to be where all the best toys are made from but I didn't want to specifically aim to make things out of white bark stone because then the goal would subtly shift to say making white bark stone armor and not the best most perfect armor whatever shape or form that takes. Although both might just be the same.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
poo poo if we can make things out of white bark stone then we're like 95% of the way to getting them to take the form of anything we want. Might even get Sachiel to give us a visit.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
So will it into something masterwork out of balsa wood and paint it white. Who's gonna know the difference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This guy is beyond useless. Let's just ditch him and sandalwalk up the weird tower, say hello to whatever's inside.

Also, What attractions are in the city? Do they have an arena or other things we could check out? Are there any types of weapons sold here that aren't seen in southwest Ur?