Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Suplex Liberace posted:

i wanna see loving tajiri vs pentagon

You wouldn’t if you actually saw any of Taijiri’s current run in AJPW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

NuclearPotato posted:

You wouldn’t if you actually saw any of Taijiri’s current run in AJPW.

shut up SHUT UP

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mike bailey vs pentagon

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

IndependentWrestling.tv just put up their full schedule through July.

More than 50 events in total including Beyond, Nova Pro, Chikara, Black Label Pro, etc.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if you've got the ducats, IWTV is really worth the money. All the live streams are stable, the back catalog is pretty deep and the player remembers where you left off on videos

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

coconono posted:

well he robbed the bank dressed in his wrestling gear
Technically speaking, if he had robbed the bank in his circa 2010 wrestling gear, he would have had a bandana tied around his face and might have gotten away with it. Also, the bank told the police that there was a bait pack/dye pack in the cash, but Gage ended up with no ink on him, so Nick Gage is a ninja.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Has anyone signed up for BJW Core since it came back? I'm trying to sign up on the new website and it's asking me for my date of birth, not matter what I do it's not accepting my DOB. Any advice or help there?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

Has anyone signed up for BJW Core since it came back? I'm trying to sign up on the new website and it's asking me for my date of birth, not matter what I do it's not accepting my DOB. Any advice or help there?

never used that one but you may be inputting it in the wrong order. year/month/day seems most predominant in japanese.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Thauros posted:

never used that one but you may be inputting it in the wrong order. year/month/day seems most predominant in japanese.

I had actually asked over on the BJW Sub Reddit and apparently you have to put the DOB as Year-MM-DD. It's the "-" that are important

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Pretty crazy. I have like $125 in FITE Fun Bucks, so I might pick it up.

quote:

FITE TV have announced plans for their first-ever FITE Fest package, which will allow users on the streaming service the chance to order all of the live wrestling events being streamed on the platform during WrestleMania 35 week in April for one price.

The package is currently listed as a pre-order for $159.99 through March 7th and includes unlimited VOD replays of all the events listed below.

Wednesday, April 3
8:30pm ET – WrestlePro Does Funny Money

Thursday, April 4
12 noon ET – IndependentWrestling.TV: Family Reunion

4:00pm ET – GCW Josh Barnett’s Bloodsport

4:00pm ET – WXW

7:00pm ET – WrestleCon Supershow

7:30pm ET – ISW Boner Jam IV: Balls Out

8pm ET – DDT

11pm ET – IMPACT Wrestling – United We Stand

11pm ET – AIW – The Slumber Party Massacre

11:55pm ET – Kaiju Big Battel

Friday, April 5
11:00am ET – WrestleCon US vs. The World

11am ET – SHIMMER

12 noon ET – Chikara – Once Upon A Beginning

3:00pm ET – Rev Pro Wrestling

3:00pm ET – WWN Super Show – Mercury Rising

3:30pm ET – Black Label Pro – Adventures in Wrestling

8pm ET – GCW Joey Janela’s Spring Break – Part 1

8pm ET – Joey Ryan’s Penis Party

11:59pm ET – Blackcraft Wrestling – No Apologies

Saturday, April 6
11:00am ET – Pro Wrestling Revolver – Pancakes and Pile Drivers

12 noon ET – Nova Pro – Born to Run

2pm ET – MoreThanMania.com 2019 Wrap up Party

4pm ET – IWS Unstoppable

7:30pm ET – G1 Supercard – New York City

11:59pm ET – GCW Joey Janela’s Spring Break – Part 2

Weird part is, the page is now 404ing. https://www.fite.tv/watch/fite-fest-wrestlemania-weekend/2oi5e/

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

blast0rama posted:

Weird part is, the page is now 404ing. https://www.fite.tv/watch/fite-fest-wrestlemania-weekend/2oi5e/

we have a WM weekend thread if you want to track the cards

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3882572&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

DEFY nearly sold this show out before they announced anyone. I dunno where they're gonna find a bigger building but they're gonna need one.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

blast0rama posted:

...this was really on FITE's site? Because a lot of it doesn't make much sense.

The WrestleCon shows, which would be expected to be key Highspots subscription drivers, on FITE?

The Powerbomb/IWTV Shows, where you'd expect a similar situation, on FITE?

The Impact Twitch special on FITE?

Is it possible someone at FITE hosed up the list and didn't realize some of those aren't FITE partner shows?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

https://www.fite.tv/watch/the-collective/2oi3i/

This one may be the actual version, it's $100 and is the 11 Collective shows.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

davidbix posted:

Yep! It was up for about an hour or so. It was weird, as FITE didn’t tweet about it, but it was posted about on a few sites, and I saw the page before I posted about it here - but by the time I did get to post, it was down.

Makes me wonder what happened.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

davidbix posted:

The WrestleCon shows, which would be expected to be key Highspots subscription drivers, on FITE?

Is it possible someone at FITE hosed up the list and didn't realize some of those aren't FITE partner shows?

really it's the high spots stuff that's weird, IWTV and GCW already gave FITE the rights for a 100 dollar package. WWN and ROH have both use FITE in the past

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

exploded mummy posted:

really it's the high spots stuff that's weird, IWTV and GCW already gave FITE the rights for a 100 dollar package. WWN and ROH have both use FITE in the past
Highspots tweeted about making the shows available on FITE, so I guess this is all legit.

Even if the Impact show being on there is weird since I thought it was a free Twitch special?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

davidbix posted:

The Highspots Network is probably not built for handling a live stream that could reach the traffic numbers that something over Mania could reach and they know that there's so much live stuff that if they do it only on demand, people aren't watching the Wrestlecon stuff until later, if ever.

Powerbomb is broadcasting all of the Collective shows that are from their partners. The non-IWTV groups running with the Collective are the ones the FITE stuff is for. IMO, given that the Collective is hosting the GCW shows, it makes sense to bundle the stuff you're already showing along with the Collective package on FITE because you run the chance of people buying for Janela/Bloodsport and watching the IWTV stuff as well because it's included in their package, thus hopefully convincing them to subscribe.

Short term, I think what Bix is saying is the smart play, but if you're looking long term, I think both parties want to make themselves more accessible to the fans in hopes of luring people to buy their content. If anything got that link taken down, I'd bet it was the inclusion of the ROH/NJPW show.

For the consumer, it's a fantastic idea, and I think all parties involved will ultimately benefit from playing ball and making the weekend experience significantly easier/better for the fans.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Nevermind

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Feb 24, 2019

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1099779754100772864

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm mad that the two jeff farmer wrestlers aren't the same guy

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

TTBF posted:

DEFY nearly sold this show out before they announced anyone. I dunno where they're gonna find a bigger building but they're gonna need one.

I sort of hope they don’t. Washington Hall is a fun environment

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I lke Washington Hall a lot. I'm not a fan of having to choose between getting tickets months before a card or waiting for "I can't make it and am selling my ticket" posts on their Facebook. It's difficult to plan around those, especially if you're trying to go as a group.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

show of the year

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

close to feeling like i got MLW'd by getting tickets to night 1 of spring break instead of night 2

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cavauro posted:

i'm mad that the two jeff farmer wrestlers aren't the same guy

Would you say that you don't like it when things aren't your, aren't going your way?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Super No Vacancy posted:

close to feeling like i got MLW'd by getting tickets to night 1 of spring break instead of night 2
I mean...if it makes you feel better, it seems like night 2 is going to be almost entirely the clusterfuck.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

davidbix posted:

I mean...if it makes you feel better, it seems like night 2 is going to be almost entirely the clusterfuck.

The GREATEST clusterfuck.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
just watched icws party and bullshit, it was a lot of fun, and a vintage low ki v Eddy Guerrero (!) match at the intermission was a nice surprise. Joey janela goes full Joey styles on commentary for half of the show, and Nick Gage v Scott Steiner wasn't good exactly, but it was about what I'd want from that in 2019.

the orange Cassidy match is, of course, a highlight

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Did Tracy Williams get signed somewhere and I missed it? Posting lots of sad goodbye tweets and Wheeler Yuta pumped out this gem:

https://twitter.com/WheelerYuta/status/1100058037321109505?s=19

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
ROH

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

Did Tracy Williams get signed somewhere and I missed it? Posting lots of sad goodbye tweets and Wheeler Yuta pumped out this gem:

https://twitter.com/WheelerYuta/status/1100058037321109505?s=19

He's been signed to ROH and he's just wrapped up his last "drop your titles" run on the indies.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

BOOOOOOOO gently caress. Why couldn't he have been signed somewhere interesting. I mean, good for him and all that.

But maybe this opens the door for some NJPW crossovers so it may not all be bad.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Indie Wrestling Is Gross Again

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/02/indie-wrestler-on-finding-out-he-hiv-positive-651354/

quote:

"I have never given anyone a record of a blood test. Ever, at all, ever - no promoter has ever gotten blood test results from me," Bueller emphasized. "And I know that there are places where it's like, 'Oh, we make sure that we blood test everyone. We make sure that they don't wrestle in that type of environment if we can't prove their blood is clean.' I've never even so much have been asked to submit a blood test. Like, it wasn't one of those, 'Hey, we need a blood test from you. Oh, shoot, there's not enough time? Oh, I'm sure you're fine. Anyway, nevermind.' No one ever even asked me for [my blood test]. But then again, people who may not know me personally, ironically enough, I'm just as at risk for having something in me as you would think that I would, which is very minimal. I'm about as nerdy as they get, I'm not social, I don't do drugs, so really, what could I have? So maybe it wasn't a concern."

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
who???

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Adam Bueller, who has spent recent years competing in brutal deathmatches for promotions like Independent Wrestling Association Mid-South and Resistance Pro Wrestling

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
IWA MS still exists???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Anyone recognize what show this was from?
https://i.imgur.com/5ugnTmV.gifv