Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
I still can’t bring myself to outright pull for Duke to win tonight or any night but UNC losing is always the highest priority and along the way it’d be great if Zion made Roy cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

that wasn't exactly a good advert for Nike shoes there

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
gently caress duke

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Shoulda gone to an addias school I guess

But seriously Zion don't play the rest if the year.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Gators beating LSU helps Tennessee. Now we just gotta win Saturday.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
this fake injury will ensure that

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
the shoe was made to blow. this all reeks to high heaven. conspurucy

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
let me be the first to say: shoe anon

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
https://twitter.com/SportsTalkBarry/status/1098408586944962560

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

this is good. gently caress Duke.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This blows

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/brkicks/status/1098398627607838720?s=19

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

never fails

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Zion already lost his sole the day he committed to Duke.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1098412104980279296?s=21

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

that's just how you draw up that play

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
Zion's daddy is loading up the U-Haul as we speak.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

No joke, that was a terribly played half. Awful shooting from 3, no defending the rim.

Marlows
Nov 4, 2009
Go Heels

gently caress Duke

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost

Marlows posted:

Go Heels

gently caress Duke

Extremely this.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
go aztec

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Indeed, Nike's down almost 2% and has drug down the Dow Jones a half percent.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
I knew UVA would trip over their dicks today but I didn't expect it to be this weird
https://twitter.com/akulawolf/status/1099366071801384960

edit: UVA is now running away with it, Louisville regressed to the mean but UVA still can't buy a 3. Fortunately De Andre Hunter is a beast.

elentar fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 23, 2019

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Auburn gave up

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm annoyed as I watch Iowa State struggle with TCU thinking about how the Big 12 almost always has at least one good team aside from Kansas during the streak. Hell Missouri (!) was actually good during the streak once.

And the one year Kansas is kinda poo poo the entire conference goes along with them.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Just lol if your team does not win every single game on a bullshit last second 3

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

fuckin iowa state, beating k-state then dropping their next 2 games. gently caress !!

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

ooh, lavender jerseys for k-state :)

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue wins on the road again even though Carsen Edwards still can't shoot. He was 1-10 from 3 tonight, and 10 for his last 56 over the last 5 games.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

texas tech up 45-20 on ku :eyepop:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

this Mitch Lightfoot guy seems tailor-made to piss me off

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Troy Queef posted:

this Mitch Lightfoot guy seems tailor-made to piss me off

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing right then.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Cheering for K State seems exhausting. Like you have to just pray the defense is good enough for them to slop together enough points to win.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Grittybeard posted:

Cheering for K State seems exhausting. Like you have to just pray the defense is good enough for them to slop together enough points to win.

Fortunately it has been lately.

It is still exhausting.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

Fortunately it has been lately.

It is still exhausting.

I mean I suppose Missouri's the same way to be fair. But I'm not in a position of having to wonder if they can win the conference or try to figure out if they're good.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Grittybeard posted:

I mean I suppose Missouri's the same way to be fair. But I'm not in a position of having to wonder if they can win the conference or try to figure out if they're good.

I'm pretty sure they're good enough to win the conference (sweeping Texas Tech helps a lot with that), but we haven't won at Allen Fieldhouse since 2006 and the time before that was 1994 (fun fact: KU won every single game between those two) so losing at KU is something that basically everyone already expected to happen.

We haven't swept KU in a season since the 80s, so even though that'd be loving magical I'm not exactly staking my week on it.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I feel like I was a bit too harsh on this K-State team, but Bruce Weber is still a poo poo coach.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Probably Magic posted:

I feel like I was a bit too harsh on this K-State team, but Bruce Weber is still a poo poo coach.

He took K-State to the Elite Eight last year and is still entirely able to win the Big 12 outright this year. It's not pretty basketball but you can't really call him a poo poo coach because of that. :shrug:

EDIT: literally nothing is going K-State's way tonight and I don't think you can call that his fault.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Strobe posted:

He took K-State to the Elite Eight last year and is still entirely able to win the Big 12 outright this year. It's not pretty basketball but you can't really call him a poo poo coach because of that. :shrug:

EDIT: literally nothing is going K-State's way tonight and I don't think you can call that his fault.

I know it's general principle to pull players at 2 fouls in the first half, but that's kind of like punting at 4th and 2, and I'm not sure pulling Wade was the right move there. Not with this much on the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Probably Magic posted:

I know it's general principle to pull players at 2 fouls in the first half, but that's kind of like punting at 4th and 2, and I'm not sure pulling Wade was the right move there. Not with this much on the line.

That's the thing though; this game doesn't decide the title. The only thing on the line right now is pride.

EDIT: also I don't think you can blame Weber when the guys on the court are literally just throwing the ball out of bounds :psyduck:

Strobe fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 26, 2019