Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

CainsDescendant posted:

The book readers haven't done this for three seasons, why would they start now?

Not trying to start poo poo, y'all, but I've read all the season threads and this is a persistent problem. I get the feeling that book readers outnumber the show only folks so that's probably a big part of it.
I'm always happy to plug the fact that we do in fact have a spoiler thread.

That said, the book spoilers people have been dropping here recently seem to mostly be in response to non-book-readers asking questions, so it's not like there was a book reader only discussion to take to another thread.

It's no big deal to drop general info about (name of thing) Medina station, but it's also not that big a deal to put spoiler tags around the name and info, just in case there are people who'd rather experience the whole thing fresh in the context of the show.

Edit: I actually checked that spoiler thread and it's locked for archiving. Welp.

Eiba fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Feb 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Aatrek cared a lot about book spoilers. He bitched about how hard it was being a mod because of the Game of Thrones megathread.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Eiba posted:

I'm always happy to plug the fact that we do in fact have a spoiler thread.

That said, the book spoilers people have been dropping here recently seem to mostly be in response to non-book-readers asking questions, so it's not like there was a book reader only discussion to take to another thread.

It's no big deal to drop general info about (name of thing) Medina station, but it's also not that big a deal to put spoiler tags around the name and info, just in case there are people who'd rather experience the whole thing fresh in the context of the show.

Edit: I actually checked that spoiler thread and it's locked for archiving. Welp.

yeah, just be decent and gentle about it, there is a lot of disjunct between book and show but if there's a big thing put spoilers around it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector 34 posted:

The rings themselves and that whole space don't feature too much in the next book from what I remember but the fact the rings exist spurs pretty much all of the plot for the rest of the series so far. I hope that's vague enough in case you don't like spoilers.

I hope they cover book 4 in like 1/3-1/2 of season 4 and move on to book 5. Or have them somewhat going concurrently if possible I don't remember the exact timeline.

Nah, not possible. timeline would be all hosed up. Amos can't be in two places at once solving problems.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Dancer posted:

He already has, I cheered when he got smashed by an elevator :v: .

he was the kid who miller saved right?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Rocksicles posted:

Nah, not possible. timeline would be all hosed up. Amos can't be in two places at once solving problems.

Also (upcoming seasons spoiler) two simultaneous tracks over nuclear wastelands might be a bit loving much for the shows pacing to endure. In fact for that reason I'm assuming they will change the events on Slug World to make it more unique than the events on Earth a season/a few episodes later. If I'd level a guess the B Plot this season will be Bobby, Avasaralla and Drummer uncovering Duarte's plan and then him taking his fleet through the gate. You could make that a massive action set piece too and then end the season with everyone planning to follow him until the events on Earth throw everything out of whack.

PriorMarcus fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 21, 2019

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

Mu Zeta posted:

Aatrek cared a lot about book spoilers. He bitched about how hard it was being a mod because of the Game of Thrones megathread.

It was a younger, more innocent forum back then.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mu Zeta posted:

I hope he was into game of thrones and someone spoiled it for that pedophile.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Hah, the Game of Thrones thread was SUCH a loving nightmare, though. You had all the book readers who'd been waiting for years and just wanted to poo poo on GRRM, and you had the excited fans who just couldn't help talking about the cool stuff from later books, and then you got the shitstains who would come up with all these suspiciously correct "theories" because they were just so good at TV watching, and then the OTHER shitstains who would actually spend ten dollars to give out red text avatars with spoilers just to randomly ruin a show-watcher's day. Good times.

I think during the relevant season, FYAD's forum title was "Tyrion kills Tywin with a crossbow on the toilet".

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Drone Jett posted:

It was a younger, more innocent forum back then.

Just like Aatrek liked it

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Sereri posted:

:drat:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Sereri posted:

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Phenotype posted:

I think during the relevant season, FYAD's forum title was "Tyrion kills Tywin with a crossbow on the toilet".

I remember seeing this not having read the books and thinking it was a fake spoiler for so long, then when season 4 was happening I eventually got around to reading the books and just started laughing when it happened in the book

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

I remember seeing this not having read the books and thinking it was a fake spoiler for so long, then when season 4 was happening I eventually got around to reading the books and just started laughing when it happened in the book

The best toilet scene since the one from Dumb & Dumber.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
If it's vitally important for you to post those spoilers and you use tags, at the very least state that those tags contain book spoilers!

Nothing worse than being caught up with the tv show, thinking tags are safe to read because you've seen the latest episode, and then just see book stuff that'll happen in the next episode instead.

Also, just because someone is asking idle questions about what happens next, doesn't mean you have to answer it with your special knowledge.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Ex-Pants

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

NZAmoeba posted:

Also, just because someone is asking idle questions about what happens next, doesn't mean you have to answer it with your special knowledge.

Right, you're a good person doing an act of charity when you provide that information.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Yeah, don't want people to find out about [spioler]Holden's alien love baby with the ring monster[/spoiler].

[spiler]]Hey don't call Miller a monster.[/spoilers]

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I hope they do the Naomi/Holden pegging scene from book 6

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Phi230 posted:

I hope they do the Naomi/Holden pegging scene from book 6

she calls the dildo "screaming firehawk III."

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

uber_stoat posted:

she calls the dildo "screaming firehawk III."

better rush order it from amazon

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

The Nerd outrage over the spoiler banners was pretty hilarious.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

the ring monster[/spoiler].

Finally the goatman is getting a shot at mainstream fame.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

NZAmoeba posted:

Itt: getting mad at immigrants instead of the people who exploit their labor

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Man, reading the books after seeing the show is hard, because I did not expect Holden to somehow be even stupider and more irritating than he was in the show. This guy is seriously a monumental dumb rear end.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Man, reading the books after seeing the show is hard, because I did not expect Holden to somehow be even stupider and more irritating than he was in the show. This guy is seriously a monumental dumb rear end.

Yeah but Amos is even more badass in the books they cut a lot of good Amos

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

pixaal posted:

Season 5 will be Amos's rise to badassery.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

pixaal posted:

This is true, Amos is incredible in the books so far. It almost balances out the extreme gullibility, short sightedness, idiocy, and blind stupidity of Holden.

Almost.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I'm so glad we will get to see my favorite Amos scene now that the show is saved and no I won't tell you in this thread but it does involve bicycles.
:3:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Holden is basically Don Quixote in space.

Amos is basically Sancho Panza since his main comedy responsibility is to roll his eyes at the constant stupidity of the boss.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

FYI if you bought the Green Ronin Expanse RPG, digital copies are being sent out now

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Not to the pubkic though. Very excited for wide release

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.instagram.com/p/BurWkexhOSr/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
It looked like bobbie was being set up to join the roci, which would be awesome since I love her. And my boy Amos. I really hope moving to amazon will give them enough funds to do sky algae world properly and not stick a prosthetic on an iguana or something. I could also easily see them move plot points and characters around for book 5 (see ashford and naomi vs the mix of characters they were in gate) to get it concurrent, or partially concurrent given their propensity for splitting the books across seasons.

e: also I watched s1 before reading the books and Avasarala always has Shohreh's voice for me.

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 9, 2019

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
This isn't the book thread my dude

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

In fact, much of this page has been discussing how people keep casually dropping untagged book spoilers itt and how that sucks

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
The book thread got closed I think :v:

That said, I hope that part doesn't take too much of the season.

--edit: Because most people I know are in it for the protomolecule stuff, because it's pretty sci-fi, and the show has been that way. Having to spend tons of episodes on lovely politics and space slugs, not sure what'll that do. The space parts in the book were merely OK.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
was anything I said not already spoiled and in fact talked about in the last page?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Let's just go with the old standby it of "if it hasn't been on the screen yet, put it in spoiler tags." It's really not all that hard, I believe in you.