Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Trastion posted:

I had this happen last year and when I went to downgrade at the service desk they ended up just taking what I had and gave me another year of executive. So was not really a loss to re-up again. I also didn't have quite a full year of executive last year so maybe i will pay back more this year.

Yeah this is a thing that they will do. You just need to go to the membership desk and talk to them about it before renewing. If you do nothing and renew at the checkout, they'll make you pay the whole $120 to renew on executive since they can't downgrade you at the register.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Thanks, will do.

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21

RZA Encryption posted:

I got my executive membership cash back reward thingy in the mail and it's less than the difference between the non executive membership. Are there any other benefits or should I downgrade?

The solution is to spend more money at Costco

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I went to Costco yesterday and noticed that they have the nice, quilted double-ply Kirkland toilet paper in the bathrooms. Truly a blessed place.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

FCKGW posted:

I went to Costco yesterday and noticed that they have the nice, quilted double-ply Kirkland toilet paper in the bathrooms. Truly a blessed place.

After the disaster that was the Scots brand half ply tp my wife got last year at Costco, I bought the nice kirklands stuff. It lasted probably half as long though, and my wife is considering switching back. Save me brothers.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

E. Quote is not edit

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

killer crane posted:

After the disaster that was the Scots brand half ply tp my wife got last year at Costco, I bought the nice kirklands stuff. It lasted probably half as long though, and my wife is considering switching back. Save me brothers.

Go on a wipe-strike?

:shrug:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Eat more fiber. Kirkland brand TP is awesome.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

killer crane posted:

TP is not a cost savings corner that should be cut.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

e.pilot posted:

TP is not a cost savings corner that should be cut.

TP is an investment.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
Be nice to your butthole

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

durrneez posted:

Be nice to your butthole

Get a bidet.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

MarcusSA posted:

Get a bidet.
Costco just happens to have a BioBidet model (with remote) on sale.

Installation takes like an hour. You'll cut your TP use by like 80% after getting one.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Costco just happens to have a BioBidet model (with remote) on sale.

Installation takes like an hour. You'll cut your TP use by like 80% after getting one.

And you’ll be fresh and clean.

The bidet is a game changer.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
I have the bidet that is basically a hose. I like to pressure wash my anus when my hemorrhoids make it itchy. :agesilaus:

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
When I die, bury me in a Costco coffin.

Two weeks later, dig it up and take it back.

Let's see just how good their return policy really is.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Captain Beans posted:

Is the peri peri sauce in the refrigerated zone?

It's in that 'shelf stable giant bottles of stuff' zone (like where olive oil and Worcestershire sauce are).

It's called 'Nando's' and has a rooster on the label.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

LadyPictureShow posted:

It's in that 'shelf stable giant bottles of stuff' zone (like where olive oil and Worcestershire sauce are).

It's called 'Nando's' and has a rooster on the label.

Which version is it? I always enjoy myself a cheeky Nandos.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

binge crotching posted:

Which version is it? I always enjoy myself a cheeky Nandos.

Medium (which is a disgrace, but it's delicious, so I'll allow it). I'm sure I'm gonna feel like a dumb-dumb when I get the answer, but is 'Nando's' a thing? Like a food joint or a sauce company?

E: I did the effort to google it; it's a chicken chain; guess I never heard of it because the assload of local Peruvian chicken joints probably blocked them out

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 20, 2019

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
That chain isn’t in the US except for like one location in DC

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Nando’s in Canada is in a weird spot where it isn’t a proper restaurant but it’s not cheap like most fast food either. The chicken is alright but nothing amazing from when I tried it. The peri peri sauce is definitely the best thing about it.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

skooma512 posted:

That chain isn’t in the US except for like one location in DC

They are spreading as well. Chicago and Naperville in Illinois.

Their garlic sauce rocks.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
You can get a few different Nando's sauces in the hot sauce aisle at Kroger (and presumably ralph's and all the other names kroger goes by) but they're pretty small bottles. I go through that stuff fast when I have some around. The XX-tra hot is a fav.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

fart store posted:

You can get a few different Nando's sauces in the hot sauce aisle at Kroger (and presumably ralph's and all the other names kroger goes by) but they're pretty small bottles. I go through that stuff fast when I have some around. The XX-tra hot is a fav.

I'd buy the little bottles at Whole Foods, which were p much the same price as the giant 1L bottle; XXtra hot and the garlic one were fantastic.

I'm honestly kind of bamboozled learning they're a chain restaurant; I just assumed it was just the brand name of the sauce.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

It’s a good chain restaurant! They’re more fast casual than fast food, like El Pollo Loco but... classier? And much tastier.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
FWIW I love El Pollo Loco. You can somewhat legitimately eat healthy there.

Also my local one is an insanely well oiled machine and everyone there is super nice.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

durrneez posted:

It’s a good chain restaurant! They’re more fast casual than fast food, like El Pollo Loco but... classier? And much tastier.

Yeah, it's pretty decent. The quality of the chicken isn't amazing, but the peri peri sauce makes up for it. I have to go to London a couple of times a year for work, so I make sure to stop by Nandos at least once a year just for the sauce.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
British TV taught me the phrase "cheeky Nandos". I'm excited about how I can actually try some of that "cheeky Nandos" without having to go across the pond.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
im honestly surprised to see so much Nandos love. I was in NZ for work for 3 months and we tried a Nandos there after hearing people hype it up and I thought it was pretty terrible. It was vaguely a tad pricey, the chicken sucked, and i was super disappointed in the sauces. they mostly just tasted like vinegar+salt + nebulous varying degrees of "heat" without other much nuanced flavors to go with it. and ive had other peri peri seasoning and hot sauces before that were good

maybe it was just that NZ franchise? id have to imagine all their sauces are the same everwhere though...

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I bought some nandos sauce at the grocery store once and it was nothing special.

I wonder if its like you're british or australian or something and its your first hot sauce or something you fall in love with it I dunno.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Feb 21, 2019

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

hakimashou posted:

I bought some nandos sauce at the grocery store once and it was nothing special.

I wonder if its like you're british or australian or something and its your first hot sauce or something you fall in love with it I dunno.

yeah thats how i felt. like yeah if your only other hot sauce experience is loving tabasco or something yeah sure i can see it being good

and yeah its not outright bad but its like a marginal step up from tabasco and that;'s about it. theres just way too many good loving hot sauces out there instead like Secret aardvark or something

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Xaris posted:

im honestly surprised to see so much Nandos love. I was in NZ for work for 3 months and we tried a Nandos there after hearing people hype it up and I thought it was pretty terrible. It was vaguely a tad pricey, the chicken sucked, and i was super disappointed in the sauces. they mostly just tasted like vinegar+salt + nebulous varying degrees of "heat" without other much nuanced flavors to go with it. and ive had other peri peri seasoning and hot sauces before that were good

maybe it was just that NZ franchise? id have to imagine all their sauces are the same everwhere though...

I've tried two franchises in the Vancouver, BC area and one was good and the other was awful, so they probably do have a lot of variance..

I'm with you though, it's nothing special. It was hyped up pretty good before launch here too. I found it really expensive for what you got both quantity and quality.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Xaris posted:

yeah thats how i felt. like yeah if your only other hot sauce experience is loving tabasco or something yeah sure i can see it being good

and yeah its not outright bad but its like a marginal step up from tabasco and that;'s about it. theres just way too many good loving hot sauces out there instead like Secret aardvark or something

It's funny you mention Secret Aardvark, because I came here to totally agree with your first paragraph about bland and not-spicy hot sauces from the Pacific Northwest, like Secret Aardvark and Bonache. They're in restaurants everywhere here in Seattle and I don't get it, they're not good. :shrug:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

It's funny you mention Secret Aardvark, because I came here to totally agree with your first paragraph about bland and not-spicy hot sauces from the Pacific Northwest, like Secret Aardvark and Bonache. They're in restaurants everywhere here in Seattle and I don't get it, they're not good. :shrug:

Bonache I agree with, but the regular Secret Aardvark habanero has a delicious flavor even if it's not that spicy. One of the reasons I love to go to the Cyclops, so I can pour that on everything.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Costco's dishwasher tablets are not good, unfortunately. They leave the inside of my dishwasher with a white film. We switched to whatever fancy brand Costco carries, and now that thing is gleaming.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

ElGroucho posted:

Costco's dishwasher tablets are not good, unfortunately. They leave the inside of my dishwasher with a white film. We switched to whatever fancy brand Costco carries, and now that thing is gleaming.

Is the other brand Finish? I get those at Costco and they are great even with my ancient dishwasher.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

ElGroucho posted:

They have two different Cascade pods and the PLATINUM ULTRA (3 colors on top) seem to work better than the other ones (2 colors on top)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

So the main reason I listed SA is because it's now widely available to many people nation-wide; has a very good flavor profile that isn't just nebulous salt+heat; and fairly affordable as far as hot sauce rabbit holes go. I think SA Haberano is really quite tasty and versatile in application (their other flavors are trash though). We had a hot sauce shop near my apartment and have definitely bought many better ones but they're also like twice or 3x the price, obscure to find, and sometimes less versatile for applications.

I would say SA is the not-too-much-more-expensive upgrade to a lot of the generic "bad hot" sauces that most people are used to nation-wide. There are definitely better ones, but for the availability and price while having flavor that appeals to lot of people across tastebuds? I have to say I think SA is kind of king in that territory for now.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 21, 2019

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Secret Aardvark adds a pleasant warning sensation and nice taste. It's like sauce plus, not a hot sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

I'm definitely not arguing that I don't like Secret Aardvark because it has no heat, but that to me it has no remarkable flavor. I re-try it every time I run into it and am confused at its popularity each time. I'm definitely a condiment person and always looking for something to add, this just isn't it.

But hey, more Secret Aardvark for the rest of you!