Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fashion show Pawpaw is my fav.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Since you guys are enjoying Nadpod, you might enjoy some of the other podcasts talked about in the traditional games "Actual Play" thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743698&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=19 :toot:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

drat it, I really wanted Balnor to actually be a WWI submarine captain.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Random Stranger posted:

drat it, I really wanted Balnor to actually be a WWI submarine captain.

I'm kind of glad honestly, because while that was enjoyable as a joke it'd be kind of worthless as a narrative element. Murph couldn't really do much with it if he included it, without really warping the fabric of the setting and changing the tone. Making it a more prosaic backstory means he could give Balnor a named enemy to want revenge on for this arc, and an overall goal. Which is nice. Besides, Jake already said in the "Short Rest" that he has no intention of dropping the WWI jokes, so we kind of get the best of both worlds really. Also, I'm kind of disappointed Bev took the armor once the curse was lifted, and that the Band of Boobs didn't give it to Balnor. Or that Alannis didn't have a cool, new trinket for him.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Balnor...

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The "Short Rest" was better than the main NADDPod episode this week (last week now, I guess?). Not that the main episode was bad, because it was still very good, especially the cast playing off the ghost girl Murph played and everything going so wrong with the main fight and dragging it out for so long, but Murph's explosive reaction when Emily compared him to a city pigeon while calling Jake a hawk was great. He was just so upset, and Emily had to work so hard to justify it the whole episode. It felt like the whole thing was one long off-topic ramble too. Which I'm absolutely up for, because I'm so invested in this now I'd listen to them talk about anything really.

That said, Murph saying that the ghost girl "shakes her head, yes" is just weird. Why not just call it nodding?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

tsob posted:

That said, Murph saying that the ghost girl "shakes her head, yes" is just weird. Why not just call it nodding?

lol he did this multiple times, too

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

tsob posted:

The "Short Rest" was better than the main NADDPod episode this week (last week now, I guess?). Not that the main episode was bad, because it was still very good, especially the cast playing off the ghost girl Murph played and everything going so wrong with the main fight and dragging it out for so long, but Murph's explosive reaction when Emily compared him to a city pigeon while calling Jake a hawk was great. He was just so upset, and Emily had to work so hard to justify it the whole episode. It felt like the whole thing was one long off-topic ramble too. Which I'm absolutely up for, because I'm so invested in this now I'd listen to them talk about anything really.

It had the exact same energy as this episode of the original Hot Date:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnuu6RUU8jM

Reminder, everybody watch Hot Date. The collegehumor series and the actual TV version.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Sweet, didn't know there was some pre-existing shorts. Thanks for the link.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Also buy, "Hey U Up?"
It's really funny and usually below $10.

Since I got my friend to listen to this show, we have both come to the conclusion that we like it more than TAZ. No need for a big debate since we like both plenty.
I just find myself looking forward to NADDPOD but listening to TAZ kinda out of habit.

Maybe that's the curse of a lot of long-running shows. Like, I listen to Harmontown still but it's background noise.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I love Brian Murphy's definition of religious person is "aggressively boring white person".

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
“The Player’s Handbook”

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Double posting to say Oh poo poo! Something Awful shoutout!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
feywild? gay child.

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!
Hardwon leading the Chosen on a wild milk chase might be the funniest thing that ever happened on this podcast.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I agree, but its weird because the funniest thing to happen on NaddPod before the milk chase was the famous nudie mag scam.

This 'sode was an all timer and I'm about to bump up my patreon tier to hear about this grillionaire poo poo.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
truly thick sode

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This sode was hardly a chode.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Next Trinyvale ep will be up tomorrow!

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I know Dimension 20 is tangential collegehumor poo poo, but I'm gonna keep posting about it until someone asks me to stop.

So uh.. this is kind of a get for them huh?
https://twitter.com/matthewmercer/status/1105876231214383104
I mean I know he's been on Um, Actually already, but still.

e: I initially said he was on Brennan's DM advice podcast then deleted that because it wasn't true - its true now.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 20, 2019

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
get mercer to play old cobb

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Farg posted:

get mercer to play old cobb

he does a loving fantastic array of grizzled old man voices

Tom Funk
Feb 19, 2010
I watched the Um, Actually with Matt Mercer and it was so satisfying and hilarious to see him demolish the d&d questions.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
oh my god the loving witch puzzle

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Farg posted:

This episode is one of my favorites all time.

Chicken.

Edit: and the short rest is just as good, god drat

Jeremor fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 21, 2019

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Amazing. It was such a long pause.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'm ashamed to admit back in high school I dated a guy a lot like the Death Lance wielder. Made the episode all the more funny, though.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Not Operator posted:

Amazing. It was such a long pause.

Yea, as soon as he didn't answer immediately it was obvious what was going on. The fact Moonshine just immediately jumps to stab him after it is still hilarious though. No hesitation, no prevarication, just "I stab him". The Short Rest basically turning in to a pile on, where the 3 players take the piss out of him for it was great too.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Farg posted:

I haven't laughed that hard since the Magic Brian Gambit in TAZ.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I just finished the Galaederon (sp?) saga. This show is really starting to come into its own with balancing 90% humor and 10% seriousness to drive the plot forward. Jake's increasing fondness for RPing is so much fun to watch as well.

I'm still catching up obviously, but is it worth it to go back and listen to short rests for episodes I've already gotten farther past?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I would (and did) but I love the Band of Boobs too much.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I relistened to the whole thing after I subscribed so I could pair the short rests with the episodes. They all deserve a listen, regardless of how you go back to them, especially if you're a fan of hearing about Jake falling further into his character.

I mean if nothing else, you're paying for them, so go to town.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

The Short Rest is amazing. Highly recommend going back and listening to the old eps.

For people who are patreon supporters, what tipped you over? Mine was the episode of Hardwon and Ol Cobb almost dying on the airship. I was so engaged that I HAD to listen to them talk it afterwards.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Seluin posted:

The Short Rest is amazing. Highly recommend going back and listening to the old eps.

For people who are patreon supporters, what tipped you over? Mine was the episode of Hardwon and Ol Cobb almost dying on the airship. I was so engaged that I HAD to listen to them talk it afterwards.

Yeah, this was the one that made me take the plunge as well. :v:
Thanks for the confirmations, everyone!

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I didn't really need a moment of great emotional importance. I subscribed after they met the Watchman, and I did it because I was going to be doing night shift for a week and just really wanted to hear these idiots talking more.

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!
In terms of Jake getting into RP, him using his action surge to read in the latest episode was an incredible moment.

I starting subscribing to the Short Rest near the end of the Frostwind chapter because that’s when I caught up with the 8-Bit Book Club backlog and started itching for more content

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Same, I can't remember exactly which moment made me give the first $5/month. But I can tell you what made me bump up to $10/month, and that was them mentioning a heated debate about whether you would wish for 1 million dollars or 1 billion grills in one of their Mixed Bag Of Holding episodes. It has been very worth it so far.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jeremor posted:

Same, I can't remember exactly which moment made me give the first $5/month. But I can tell you what made me bump up to $10/month, and that was them mentioning a heated debate about whether you would wish for 1 million dollars or 1 billion grills in one of their Mixed Bag Of Holding episodes. It has been very worth it so far.

Is the mixed bag only on the Patreon page or can I get them elsewhere?

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Inzombiac posted:

Is the mixed bag only on the Patreon page or can I get them elsewhere?

For me, the mixed bags all unlocked from the same RSS feed I was already using for the Short Rests as soon as I went from $5 to $10. I only listen through the podcast app on my phone so I'm not sure if that answers your question or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jeremor posted:

For me, the mixed bags all unlocked from the same RSS feed I was already using for the Short Rests as soon as I went from $5 to $10. I only listen through the podcast app on my phone so I'm not sure if that answers your question or not.

Ohhh I'm only at the $5 tier for now