Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Creepshow. Because the colors are pretty and it's good.

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I bet that Blu-ray of just Giallo trailers is probably a good choice

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gonna need more drugs

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Senator Giroux posted:

I bet that Blu-ray of just Giallo trailers is probably a good choice

Yeah. That would let you fall asleep and wake up during it and not miss anything.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I remember I got my wisdom teeth out last year and was super pissed off I wasn't hosed up

I was all excited to see what this Oxy poo poo was like

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Stryder posted:

More than a reboot, though, I'd be interested in an anthology series like the original comics from '89 to '92. They were much more in the spirit of the original story. Some of the cover art alone is pretty spectacular. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Hellraiser_Vol_1

There was also the Clive Barker's Book of the Damned short series. I've still got my copy of 3 and 4. 3 was centered on LeMarchand and touched on some of the other Cenobites that would show up in the comics like Griot and the other boxes he made like The Triumph of Judas and The Hollow Heart. 4 was centered on an artist/killer Johnny John who's cenobitical influenced art starts up a cult.

drat, all this talk of Hellraiser's gotten me thinking back to when I was one of the mods at The Hellbound Web's forums years back. Place was about as surreal as Hell's Labrynth.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I remember I got my wisdom teeth out last year and was super pissed off I wasn't hosed up

I was all excited to see what this Oxy poo poo was like

I had back surgery a couple of years ago and all Oxy did was make me acceptant of the recovery pain, and give me sweat-drenched nightmares.

Like Werner Herzog. In pill form.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oxy ain't poo poo, it's the anesthesia recovery that's the fun part.

TCC vs Horror Thread

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Pomp posted:

Oxy ain't poo poo, it's the anesthesia recovery that's the fun part.

TCC vs Horror Thread

Maybe its because I am a ginger but I came out of anesthesia like a newborn giraffe.

Just hit the ground, got up, and went about my business

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Fart City posted:

I had back surgery a couple of years ago and all Oxy did was make me acceptant of the recovery pain, and give me sweat-drenched nightmares.

Like Werner Herzog. In pill form.

I don't remember what they put me under with when I had my cataract surgeries, but they did stress strongly that I wouldn't remember anything while under. First eye, was out completely, second eye, I woke up during surgery and even with knowing my eye is sliced open and all, I was the most chill I've ever been in my life.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

M_Sinistrari posted:

I don't remember what they put me under with when I had my cataract surgeries, but they did stress strongly that I wouldn't remember anything while under. First eye, was out completely, second eye, I woke up during surgery and even with knowing my eye is sliced open and all, I was the most chill I've ever been in my life.

I recall one time getting the drip for surgery put in and after a few seconds I asked when it would take effect and the doctor was like "uh sir, the surgery is over"

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

M_Sinistrari posted:

Yeah it’s almost like “painkiller” is a misnomer because it didn’t make the pain go away but it sure made me not give a gently caress about it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I liked percoset, I became one with the couch. Also regurgitated some orange sherbet all over the front of the toilet :negative:

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

If any of y'all have Comixology Unlimited, there's a Hellraiser comic anthology on there that's seemingly out of print in dead trees and loving slaps

The Mike Mignola story in particular rules

Yeah, that's the collection of stuff from the original run. There are all sorts of big names involved like Mignola, Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean, Alex Ross, and even the Wachowskis about a decade before they made the Matrix.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I recall one time getting the drip for surgery put in and after a few seconds I asked when it would take effect and the doctor was like "uh sir, the surgery is over"

This happened to me too. I went under, woke up, told the anesthesiologist I was awake, was worried that me being awake would mean they couldn't start the surgery, and then the surgeon said he was all done.

Also it was for a penile inversion vaginoplasty, which is literally the most Hellraiser surgery possible sooooo.

Funnily enough I got better opiates for the tonsillectomy than I did for that.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Because of that design I am struck by how later Hellraiser films, as early as the sequel, kind of forgot the design elements of the Cenobites are meant to suggest demonic leather daddies and BDSM freaks.

Like, by the third movie the cenobites are just "monsters" unless there is something kinky about having a camera head

Hellraiser 3 is truly dogshit but now that you mention this telescopic lens thrusting out of someone's face Cenobite and puts out their cigarettes on you Cenobite always made me wonder if there was some dropped subplot about one of the characters having abusive parents (I forget doesn't Pinhead mention that the main human bad guy murdered his own parents or something?)

Regarding oxy and how powerful or not it is, don't ask for seconds...

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/local/article/Testimony-Sackler-embraced-plan-to-conceal-13635791.php

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am glad as a thread we have come together to declare that if they reboot Hellraiser the cenobites need to be extremely dtf

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am glad as a thread we have come together to declare that if they reboot Hellraiser the cenobites need to be extremely dtf

they're bdsm monsters. bdsm isn't all about loving, but the loving is a good big part of it.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Pomp posted:

I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow, what's the best movie that isn't Mandy to watch while the drugs wear off

Videodrome. Or original Suspiria.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
One time I broke my pinky finger near the base and one of the plates was like in my hand and some anesthetic was used during the initial fixing of that and resetting/etc. but then the plate slipped and my finger didn't set right and this was quite a bit later after everything else was done and the anesthetic was starting to wear off and the doctor literally just put a pen between two of my fingers and cracked and bent my pinky around it until it was set correctly again and the couple of hours after that it was definitely the single most physically painful thing I ever experienced in my life. Like worse than when I sliced part of my finger off or the time I fell off an icy ledge into some snow and broke my wrist and got so entangled in brambles they had to literally cut all of my upper clothing off and unwind/peel them off of my back in like one big sheet and not even not as bad as the time I almost drowned. And whenever I see violence or gore in a movie none of it gets to me, ever, no matter what. With the one single only exception being when Deckard has to re-set his fingers towards the end of Blade Runner. It just, like, makes me noticeably cringe and everything.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

speaking about penis surgery and scenes in movies uniquely making you cringe

I still argue the surgery scene in Hard Candy is the hardest loving thing to sit through

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

speaking about penis surgery and scenes in movies uniquely making you cringe

I still argue the surgery scene in Hard Candy is the hardest loving thing to sit through

That’s a tough one. Worse for me was that part in Europa Europa where the guy tries to make a new forskin for himself and it gets all infected and blackened.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Neo Rasa posted:

One time I broke my pinky finger near the base and one of the plates was like in my hand and some anesthetic was used during the initial fixing of that and resetting/etc. but then the plate slipped and my finger didn't set right and this was quite a bit later after everything else was done and the anesthetic was starting to wear off and the doctor literally just put a pen between two of my fingers and cracked and bent my pinky around it until it was set correctly again and the couple of hours after that it was definitely the single most physically painful thing I ever experienced in my life. Like worse than when I sliced part of my finger off or the time I fell off an icy ledge into some snow and broke my wrist and got so entangled in brambles they had to literally cut all of my upper clothing off and unwind/peel them off of my back in like one big sheet and not even not as bad as the time I almost drowned. And whenever I see violence or gore in a movie none of it gets to me, ever, no matter what. With the one single only exception being when Deckard has to re-set his fingers towards the end of Blade Runner. It just, like, makes me noticeably cringe and everything.

After I broke my wrist, I've found seeing anything in a movie where someone falls and breaks a bone, I'm either cringing, wincing, or feeling like I'm about to go all noodly.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

No injury in film effected me the way the arm scene in Green Room did. I couldn’t replicate the sound I uttered seeing it in theaters if I tried.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Misery. Just everything in Misery. I had my legs curled up under me so the monster under my bed couldn’t break them.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Not a horror movie, but that scene in The Wrestler where Randy punches the deli slicer makes my whole arm tingle. Injured myself on a deli slicer years ago and it still makes me feel weird.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zwabu posted:

Videodrome. Or original Suspiria.

They're is no way in hell it's a good idea to watch an extremely horny horror movie that blasted of my rear end. I'llnever be able to get off again unless there's pulsating meat or James Woods

Maybe that's how the cenobites started

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oooh.

I got it, the worst:

The arm-wrestling scene in The Fly. I still have to look away. I think the tension of knowing it’s coming makes it worse.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get Ready for Price Time , Bitch

From extensive research I know that the correct drug of choice to watch horror movies is weed.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

There's nothing like watching The Burbs while totally blazed.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Fart City posted:

Oooh.

I got it, the worst:

The arm-wrestling scene in The Fly. I still have to look away. I think the tension of knowing it’s coming makes it worse.

I always bust out laughing at that one. It’s so perfectly gross.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
There was some really nasty bone breaking/snapping/splintering in Overlord. I feel like I shouldn't get into the specifics any more than that because it's better if you don't know when it's coming.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Fart City posted:

No injury in film effected me the way the arm scene in Green Room did. I couldn’t replicate the sound I uttered seeing it in theaters if I tried.

That scene has hosed me up ever since I saw it. Violence and gore has never really bothered me, but that movie made me realize that a certain type absolutely can. The way he screams and everyone panics stayed with me for weeks.

gently caress car manufacturers, I want Anton Yelchin back.

ETA: Actually, pretty much every scene in that movie hosed me up in some way. The drummer diving through the window just in time to say "Oh gently caress" as he sees what's on the other side got me.

There's a death early on in Channel Zero's Dream Door season that got me similarly involving a dude getting stabbed repeatedly in the face with a screwdriver. There's no shock cuts and it doesn't pull away, either, it's just about a minute of a dude fighting for his life as he repeatedly gets stabbed in the face.

Sab Sabbington fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 22, 2019

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Compared to those other scenes you guys mentioned, one thing cool about the Hard Candy scene now that I think about it is that it's the only uncomfortable body horror scene I can think of where nothing happens.

Just the implication itself makes you crazy uncomfortable

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fart City posted:

Oooh.

I got it, the worst:

To be frank, almost every scene in The Fly makes me squirm.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Hollismason posted:

From extensive research I know that the correct drug of choice to watch horror movies is weed.

If I want to rescue that feeling I had when watching horror as a kid I get a little too high and watch home invasion movies alone. I end up checking the locks on all the doors and turning on lights.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Pomp posted:

I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow, what's the best movie that isn't Mandy to watch while the drugs wear off

gently caress it, watch all the Hellraisers

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Also y’all pussies a vaginoplasty ain’t that bad. I just had my former penis cut open, hollowed out, turned inside out and stapled to a new hole in my groin. Also months of aftercare. I’d definitely be more freaked out by a lot of horror movies.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Neo Rasa posted:

Uh EXCUSE ME?

God drat this takes me back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Hollismason posted:

:hmmyes: can confirm