Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lies.

Fritos chili pie is the real reason for beanless chili.

This. And chili dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Who is non-alcoholic beer for? I can't drink it now because alcoholism, and the only time I legit drank it was at some square's party when I was 20 who bought it especially for me to "not feel left out".

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

EBB posted:

Who is non-alcoholic beer for? I can't drink it now because alcoholism, and the only time I legit drank it was at some square's party when I was 20 who bought it especially for me to "not feel left out".

The Navy and steel beach picnics

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Vasudus posted:

OH MY GOD THEY MAKE ALCOHOL FREE BITBURGER AND IT'S IN THE SAME STYLE BOX WITH A TINY RED LABEL

AND SOME IDIOTS MIXED IT IN WITH THE REGULAR KIND

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

edit: i thought the beer was skunked, so i looked at it and noticed the red "alkoholfrei" on it. god loving damnit.

The cutlural-relativis German in me wants to say "My condolences", but the ethno-centric German in me wants to say "Serves you right for buying Bitburger :colbert:"

Also, Netflix apparently cancelled all their Marvel TV shows, so I guess the Disney streaming service is going to be upon us before long

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I'm from Texas and I am ambivalent about beans in my chili.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

EBB posted:

Same kinda people that smoke clove cigarettes instead of joints.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Beans in chili. I sometimes add peanuts too.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Beans in chili. I sometimes add peanuts too.

Intriguing. Seriously

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Fallom posted:

Texas chili has big chunks of nice meat so no hamburger or beans

If I’m eating for sustenance go ahead and bean it up though

Texas chili just sounds like something indistinguishable from a stew. I prefer beans in my chili.

Syrian Lannister posted:

Intriguing. Seriously

Same.

On an unrelated note, drove past a smoking car on the side of the road with 4 firefighters prying off the hood. Then I saw the flames coming out of the tire wells.

:piss:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

beef, beer, and beans in my chili.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Beer in chili is good

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Brute Squad posted:

On an unrelated note, drove past a smoking car on the side of the road with 4 firefighters prying off the hood. Then I saw the flames coming out of the tire wells.

I was inspecting a bridge like three years ago and watched a Ford Ranger pull up and go from "a little smoke coming out the hood" to "burnt to the axle". It was fascinating.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Lies.

Fritos chili pie is the real reason for beanless chili.

A friend who is from Texas clued me in to frito pie, it's awesome.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's great drunk/stoned food. I like adding sour cream and jalapenos.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

EBB posted:

The only person I know that actively drinks NA beer is an old guy that I worked with. He got an absolute sicknasty DUI back in the 90s that 100% should have turned him into paste but instead just busted his grill and broke an arm. Dude got ejected from his car after smashing a guard rail going 50-ish and landed in a nearby lake below in the middle of loving nowhere PA. So he drinks NA beer at happy hours and stuff just to participate, hasn't touched a drop of alcohol since then.

The store has a specific shelf in their beer section that has NA beer. I didn't think to look considering it was crowded, I was in a hurry, I was tired, and the NA shelf was on the other side of the section. It's also more expensive than the regular kind :wtc:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I don't know where else to put it but why the gently caress do business computers loving shutdown after you power cycle them?

Never fails, there's some loving Dell optiplex frozen, you go shut it down, and when you turn it back on, it decides it's gotta start and loving stop once or twice.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

EBB posted:

It's pretty common in the middle east.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

EBB posted:

My dad switched to NA after he got epilepsy, booze interferes with his meds.

Some of them aren't bad, Clausthaler is pretty decent.

There's even evidence NA beer makes a good workout recovery drink:
https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/02/24/588417922/olympians-are-using-non-alcoholic-beer-as-recovery-drinks-heres-the-science

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

My old SGM would buy a case of NA Bitburger or whatever the gently caress they had in Iraq and loving sit at his chu drinking beer. Invited soldiers but like dude, its near beer. He also always carried his pistol tucked behind his belt in the back. Dude was an old black short man that sang in the chruch choir and would randomly do a gut shout like a really loud "UGH!" Using your gut muscles. He would only do this if he felt motivation was low. No matter how quiet it was or who was speaking.

We got 2 actual beers during the super bowl which was great. Until someone cheesed the system, drank 8 beers before getting caught and then getting a DUI while downrange in a TMP. Didnt know the dude personally but it sounded like turbo gently caress central.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

psydude posted:

It's pretty common in the middle east.

The Salafi owner of my local corner store in Egypt was fond of drinking non-alcoholic beer as well. It was pretty funny to walk in and see him happily slugging away at one while reading the Quran.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/adidasfuneral/status/1068715226684637184

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Thank you. I hate it.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/CurtisRemarc/status/1082896419290337280

crank the nightmare generator to 11

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm watching the Mars show on Netflix and I didn't realize that it's a half documentary half hard science fiction show. Which is fine really, except that the documentary parts are nonstop Elon-loving-Musk jerkoff sessions.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

I'm watching the Mars show on Netflix and I didn't realize that it's a half documentary half hard science fiction show. Which is fine really, except that the documentary parts are nonstop Elon-loving-Musk jerkoff sessions.

I watched an episode and I couldn't get past that

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Brute Squad posted:

Texas chili just sounds like something indistinguishable from a stew. I prefer beans in my chili.

Same.

What happens when your drivers side brake lines rupture and the fluid catches fire so you ditch onto the inside corner grass and slide 500 yards because you don’t have brakes.

Then the driver sprays the minibottle you throw him over the fence by spraying the hood.

Then the track officials do the same and spray the hood rather than do anything effective.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 22, 2019

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
A guy takes a race car out onto the track... without fire extinguishers of any kind?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Despite the loss of the $$$$$$$ corvette he didn't even repay our extinguisher, clearly a smart and prepared person.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
https://youtu.be/aH6vC-BBKOc

Woody Harelson and Kevin Costner hunting Bonnie and Clyde? gently caress yes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

BigDave posted:

https://youtu.be/aH6vC-BBKOc

Woody Harelson and Kevin Costner hunting Bonnie and Clyde? gently caress yes.

huh.

that does look cool.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

huh.

that does look cool.

True Detective Season 4 looking good

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

This was the 86th sporting event I have shot for my school, doesn't feel like it.

album: https://imgur.com/a/RcOGtoA

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T61i85GiJq0

also sweet photos dude

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Number 0 shooting the free throw with blurry arms is pretty drat cool

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Booger Presley posted:

It's not often you see a free thrower phasing through realities like that.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Booger Presley posted:

I thought my phone had an issue at first

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Thanks! I am glad that weird one worked out.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
That dude is gonna get clocked by that ball!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Parent chat: we made a kid last week.

It's great how they instantly fill their drawers the moment you put a new diaper on. Really great :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Congrats! And good luck, that "great" surprise isn't going away for a while.