Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chris James 2 posted:

Mark Jindrak

Now that's a name I never thought I'd hear again

He seemed to get weirdly big in Mexico for awhile. I know he was like the star of that Lucha Libre USA promotion to popped up for a minute as AAA's attempt to break into the US before Lucha Underground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

marty should have beaten dalton

true

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
BCB should have the strap unironically.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bigass Moth posted:

BCB should have the strap unironically.

hard agreement.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i mean cobb would be the best guy right now

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i mean cobb would be the best guy right now

Cobb vs. BCB to headline the Garden.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cobb for the main belt, PCO or BCB for the TV

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Taven's winning the belt because they're gonna do Taven vs. Rush in MSG and Taven is going to win via outside interference so that they have logical story for when they sign Dragon Lee

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

marty should have beaten dalton

This cooled roh in my eyes. Marty was by far the most over dude on that card

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

watch they put Rush in a multiman for MSG.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/1095816324364857349?s=19

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I'm basically echoing the discussion from WOR, but that has to be due to the departure of the AEW guys, right?

I know, ROH only ever said Tanahashi, Okada and Naito would be there, but I'd guess many bought going "HELL YEAH KENNY AND THE BUCKS MANIA WEEKEND WOO"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Probably some visa fears after last weeks shows too.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Totally fair. I know that if the NJPW talent is pulled, I'm putting mine up for sale.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there arent even other shows to go to at that time slot so im guessing thats largely scalpers who thought they were gonna be able to cash out earlier

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the tickets aren't any cheaper than they were pre-wrestle kingdom/usa tour when i was last looking, i think there were just a gently caress ton of scalpers

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
It’s New York, every big wrestling event here goes to the scalpers

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

scalpers or not, they're makin their money regardless. the tickets are sold.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Feeling the Buzz!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ROH posted:

On April 21 at Berale Club in Central Israel, ROH World Champion Jay Lethal is scheduled to defend the title against David Starr in the main event of the Israeli Pro Wrestling Association’s Passover Bash 2019.

A Passover PPV is amazing.
Also I'm kind of shocked Starr hasn't ended up with ROH or AEW properly yet?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Stolen land, BDS.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

Stolen land, BDS.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/popular-rapper-mega-ran-host-17th-anniversary-perform-original-song

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

wow not even the real DJ Ran

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

exploded mummy posted:

wow not even the real DJ Ran

Mega Ran owns though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/lastrealmanROH/status/1099712281322106881
https://twitter.com/lastrealmanROH/status/1099742063283843081

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

"No dummies - it's not that I have to. It's that I'm an idiot."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

love you, Silas but that's dumb as hell.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, it's one thing to go 'i'll hold on until the Tokyo Dome/WrestleMania", it's another to go "I'll do permanent damage to myself because if I don't I'm a wuss!"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's living the gimmick

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I watched an episode of Ring of Honor TV for the first time the other day. lmao at the advertisements. There were three breaks, the first and third were for medicare advantage plans and the middle break was for reverse mortgages. It seems they think the average viewer is over 65, which doesn't track with what I see in the audience. I suppose there are some folks who miss the days of Steamboat and Rhodes and all that, but it seems more like existing ROH fans are more likely to be former attitude era WWF or ECW fans - so dudes in their 30s and 40s.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

People who watch wrestling on TV are old.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hellblazer187 posted:

I watched an episode of Ring of Honor TV for the first time the other day. lmao at the advertisements. There were three breaks, the first and third were for medicare advantage plans and the middle break was for reverse mortgages. It seems they think the average viewer is over 65, which doesn't track with what I see in the audience. I suppose there are some folks who miss the days of Steamboat and Rhodes and all that, but it seems more like existing ROH fans are more likely to be former attitude era WWF or ECW fans - so dudes in their 30s and 40s.

They're probably just predatory side companies for Sinclair execs.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Suplex Liberace posted:

People who watch wrestling on TV are old.

It's the same TV commercials on HonorClub. You'd think they'd advertise waifu pillows and X-Boxes or whatever.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Hellblazer187 posted:

The average Raw viewer is over 50, the average Impact on Spike viewer was even older so advertising to that demo is not unusual.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Really? I had no idea the average raw viewer was over 50. I assumed since they were going for kids they were getting kids.

lmao this makes wrestling considerably less cool. Which, is already a pretty low bar.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

dave's talked many times about how the age demos for live vs televised wrestling in the us are incredibly different

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm not even sure what it is but a reverse mortgage sounds shady as hell.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coconono posted:

I'm not even sure what it is but a reverse mortgage sounds shady as hell.

It is. Basically they are issuing you a loan (which can be sent as a monthly payment rather than a lump sum) secured by home equity. They're marketed to seniors because they generally have their homes paid off and are nearing the ends of their lives, so the loan can just be repaid by their estate with the sale of the home when they die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Yeah it's just cash payments that come from your home equity. From what I can tell it doesn't usually screw over the senior so much as it screws over their kids, because they won't get to inherit the home or they inherit with a debt attached. My dad's GF got screwed by this cause her mom took one in old age.