Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LaserTrickShorty
Nov 10, 2017

Kitfox88 posted:

Do the different animations actually do more than 30 damage? The most I've done is punch people off ledges.

You’re not getting what I’m saying. All the melee attacks deal 30. The idea is to make yourself impossible to hit by jump kicking and strafe spamming as if you’re bobbing and weaving in a boxing match.

If I could bind jump to left analog stick I swear to god I would be unstoppable punching and jump kicking everyone in the face. I wouldn’t even use a gun :rowdytrout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I have been doing better and winning more despite all odds, and I've also fallen in love with Bloodhound, would even go so far as to call the dude my "main". Love his ult for sniping.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
A dumb thought, do you think shield battery are too strong at 100 shield restore? it's one of the best perks of purple armor having +25 better shield battery heals and being able to fully replenish it all in 5 seconds or less, do you think they would be too micromanagey if they restored 75?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
They also take up more inventory slots and only stack to 3. I think it's fine as is, you're opening yourself up if you use one wrong in combat.

LaserTrickShorty
Nov 10, 2017

Verranicus posted:

I have been doing better and winning more despite all odds, and I've also fallen in love with Bloodhound, would even go so far as to call the dude my "main". Love his ult for sniping.

Woah bro. Bloodhound doesnt like to use gender specific pronouns. Lets try to keep things non-binary here

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

A dumb thought, do you think shield battery are too strong at 100 shield restore? it's one of the best perks of purple armor having +25 better shield battery heals and being able to fully replenish it all in 5 seconds or less, do you think they would be too micromanagey if they restored 75?

If anything the shield batteries should take longer to pop. Being able to fully recover shields so quickly makes long range shooting practically useless.

LaserTrickShorty fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Feb 23, 2019

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

LaserTrickShorty posted:

Woah bro. Bloodhound doesnt like to use gender specific pronouns. Lets try to keep things non-binary here

no

also dude may as well be gender neutral, but lol, i don't care what gender the characters are. you have to go out of your way outside of the game to even learn that poo poo

LaserTrickShorty
Nov 10, 2017

Verranicus posted:

no

also dude may as well be gender neutral, but lol, i don't care what gender the characters are. you have to go out of your way outside of the game to even learn that poo poo

I wish I was trolling. It’s officially canon from Respawn themselves

http://www.vgr.com/is-bloodhound-in-apex-legends-a-girl/amp/

Also Gibraltar used to be gay on some Frank Ocean poo poo lol

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Verranicus posted:

no

?

orange sky
May 7, 2007

E: gently caress that, not gonna get into a fight

Apex Legends is fun guys

orange sky fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Feb 23, 2019

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

LaserTrickShorty posted:

If anything the shield batteries should take longer to pop. Being able to fully recover shields so quickly makes long range shooting practically useless.
Long range shooting being unrewarding makes the game way better to play and helps reward aggression and moving around the map instead of camping.

Long range shooting really should be designed around being rewarded by having an opportunity to take a 3v2 if you manage to down someone requiring you to come out of your sniping camping spot to get any reward out of it.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

comedyblissoption posted:

Long range shooting being unrewarding makes the game way better to play and helps reward aggression and moving around the map instead of camping.

Long range shooting really should be designed around being rewarded by having an opportunity to take a 3v2 if you manage to down someone requiring you to come out of your sniping camping spot to get any reward out of it.

Correct opinion alert

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ZeusCannon posted:

By what? The gentle 1 hp tick damage?

Ive literally watched enemies run away into the nox gas because it breaks line of site for majority of a team and is a complete non entity otherwise
You can't slide or sprint when being gassed. Your vision is blurred and on top of that your vision might be completely blocked by a smoke cloud if it has had enough time to build up. His teammates might have anti-smoke abilities/sights. The dot damage is mostly not the reason why fighting caustic in tight spaces through his gas cloud is in caustic's favor.

Also caustic's gas damage does increase in intensity from 1 per tick to 10 per tick.

A lot of caustic's gas poo poo at a choke might be really marginal though if you can just slide bunnyhop past the gas so it doesn't slow you down at all.

Caustic's gas traps are not limited to holding down a fort and camping it. They can be used when you are playing offensively and need to create a safe zone around you or your teammates to revive/regen. Get your shields cracked and you can run into a house/bunker and gas it then try to recover. Putting a gas trap right behind a closed door is a huge delay for an enemy since they have to double melee/nade it to even open. I think you can also just shoot your gas trap to prematurely activate it so it can't be defused.

comedyblissoption fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Feb 23, 2019

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The average player is so bad that when I made a new account to practice playing the robot and tried to shower them with loot, do cool swings and try to be a pacifist, I inevitably do more damage than my teammates just by throwing grenades and punching. Also, I’m punching to death an armed guy almost very round.

LaserTrickShorty
Nov 10, 2017

orange sky posted:

Apex Legends is fun guys

I feel bad for people who don’t play video games for enjoyment. Flight simulator is a good example of a not fun game. League of Legends also, that game is probably the most asinine poo poo I’ve ever played, completely baffles me how those game are so popular.

Double you gang bish

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Correct opinion alert

Very strange way to say “I agree” but yeah, I’m definitely not disagreeing with you guys. I like to push, much to the dismay of my campy teammates. Is it smart? Probably not. Is it fun and will it help me practice clutching up? Heel yeah brother :blastu::banjo::black101:

I just wanted to make the point that long range shooting in this game is practically useless. Unless you got that kraber of course

LaserTrickShorty fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Feb 23, 2019

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Bumper Stickup posted:

I'm trying Gibraltar and am struggling to think of a time when to use my deployable shield. Instinct tells me to deploy it and shoot from inside it but nothing can penetrate it so that's out. Apart from using it to res allies what is the situation it's best in?
It's good for slamming down to create a safezone for recovering health/shields or trying not to get caught out by a bangalore/gibraltar ult.

The shield is also good for shield dancing. You really want a peacekeeper or other high burst damage per shot weapon. Shield dancing means to step outside your shield and take a shot then immediately step back inside it to wait for your weapon cooldown. Shield dancing also involves baiting the enemy to fire with a high cooldown weapon like a peacekeeper by faking stepping outside the shield and then actually stepping outside to shoot them if your bait worked while they can't fire. If an enemy tries to enter your shield, they may have to first traverse ground without cover while you have the huge advantage of shield dancing. Once the enemy enters your shield boundary and can shield dance vs you too, they also need a peacekeeper to have any parity with you or you're still favored. Unfortunately for gibraltar the peacekeeper is super popular right now.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Saw something earlier saying Pathfinder's hitbox is hosed and way too large. ;(

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Morphix is now banned from this thread and the forums. If anyone sees him posting in here when he returns, let me know/report him.

Panda Clue you did not help matters. If you are to post in here you must stay on topic.

Hopefully now things will go much smoother!

LaserTrickShorty
Nov 10, 2017
^^ god bless you mods

The shield is also good for shield dancing. You really want a peacekeeper or other high burst damage per shot weapon. Shield dancing means to step outside your shield and take a shot then immediately step back inside it to wait for your weapon cooldown. Shield dancing also involves baiting the enemy to fire with a high cooldown weapon like a peacekeeper by faking stepping outside the shield and then actually stepping outside to shoot them if your bait worked while they can't fire. If an enemy tries to enter your shield, they may have to first traverse ground without cover while you have the huge advantage of shield dancing. Once the enemy enters your shield boundary and can shield dance vs you too, they also need a peacekeeper to have any parity with you or you're still favored. Unfortunately for gibraltar the peacekeeper is super popular right now.

I love when Gibraltars put that stupid dome up so I know exactly where they are in cluttered areas. Don’t try to do what he’s talking about in close range situations, you’ll get merked. The enemy can “shield dance” as well if they’re close enough.

God I love lighting that fat boy up with his ginormous hit box

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Christmas came early for the Apex thread.

I really missed playing early morning. I'm refreshed and calm, high energy, hitting my shots, and all the tryhards are out in full force so you get a lot of really good scraps.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

LaserTrickShorty posted:

I love when Gibraltars put that stupid dome up so I know exactly where they are in cluttered areas. Don’t try to do what he’s talking about in close range situations, you’ll get merked. The enemy can “shield dance” as well if they’re close enough.

God I love lighting that fat boy up with his ginormous hit box

This is assuming you're better at shield dancing than the Gibraltar and have a good gun for it like the peacekeeper, in which case go nuts, but I've met plenty of people who try this and get dropped easily.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The most consistent counter to Gibraltar I've been able to employ so far is just timing and grenades. Though if someone tries to use the bubble shield to revive, pushing into it is probably the better choice.

LaserTrickShorty
Nov 10, 2017

tweet my meat posted:

This is assuming you're better at shield dancing than the Gibraltar

:cawg:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

VideoGames posted:

Morphix is now banned from this thread and the forums. If anyone sees him posting in here when he returns, let me know/report him.

Panda Clue you did not help matters. If you are to post in here you must stay on topic.

Hopefully now things will go much smoother!

#bless

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Hey don't let me dissuade you, I love people who push into the thunderdome

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Gibraltar owns and his shield has a ton of use cases imo, for offense and defense. But there are a lot of bad Gibraltars who dump their shield at bad times or just sit in it and let themselves get peacekept.

Granted I might be biased b/c I play him 90% of the time.

LaserTrickShorty
Nov 10, 2017

tweet my meat posted:

Hey don't let me dissuade you, I love people who push into the thunderdome

I will admit I’ve been killed by a Gibraltar. Maybe once or twice :P

esperterra posted:

Gibraltar owns and his shield has a ton of use cases imo, for offense and defense. But there are a lot of bad Gibraltars who dump their shield at bad times or just sit in it and let themselves get peacekept.

Granted I might be biased b/c I play him 90% of the time.

You’re entitled to your opinion brudda.

His ult is actually ridiculous though, way stronger than Bangalore’s ult.

Great White Hope!
Nov 12, 2006

The real question is why when you're playing as Gibraltar, you look through your arm shield to ADS, but when you're shooting at a Gibraltar, you can headshot him over his shield?
I demand answers!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Figured I'd try to get a nice skin for Wraith, and hey! There's a couple limited ones in the store. Leads me to finding how much coins cost.

Christ,must be £14-15 for a skin? Seems pretty crazy, might hold out for one of the standard naked one (which aren't such nice colours) later if I don't go for one of the premium legends.

Anyone got tips for Wraiths ultimate? I don't see the point of letting your squad go from where you are to she you can go, rather than just going themselves. The constraints seem to make it a crummy form of escape.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Long range shooting should be removed from the vast majority of shooters because mid to close range engagements are far more exciting for everyone involved

That said the Kraber owns and the sniper rifles are amazingly inoffensive, just as they are in Titanfall 2, so I can't complain too much in Apex's case

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://giant.gfycat.com/ComposedChillyIslandcanary.webm

I didn't realize you could punt people off the supply ship!

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

CascadeBeta posted:

https://giant.gfycat.com/ComposedChillyIslandcanary.webm

I didn't realize you could punt people off the supply ship!

I knocked a guy off the airbase to his death the other day and it was the best feeling.

And I didn't know you could uppercut, is that just crouch + punch?

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
I don't know why, but the relatively tiny Lifeline straight up effortlessly rockem-sockeming a robot into the air is hilarious to me

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Just Chamber posted:

I knocked a guy off the airbase to his death the other day and it was the best feeling.

And I didn't know you could uppercut, is that just crouch + punch?

I think it's either a crouch punch or a slide punch. Not really sure which in hindsight.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Are there any entertaining streamers other than timthetatman that main caustic or gibraltar?

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

BizarroAzrael posted:

Figured I'd try to get a nice skin for Wraith, and hey! There's a couple limited ones in the store. Leads me to finding how much coins cost.

Christ,must be £14-15 for a skin? Seems pretty crazy, might hold out for one of the standard naked one (which aren't such nice colours) later if I don't go for one of the premium legends.

Anyone got tips for Wraiths ultimate? I don't see the point of letting your squad go from where you are to she you can go, rather than just going themselves. The constraints seem to make it a crummy form of escape.

I think it is good for linking two areas of different height, or used in tandem with her invincibility to create a retreat for a downed teammate, or two set up two points to switch between for snipe styles

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tweet my meat posted:

Are there any entertaining streamers other than timthetatman that main caustic or gibraltar?

Somebody just asked Viss if he knew any streamers who main Gibraltar and he said, “I don’t think anyone mains Gibraltar.” lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:drat:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Hello my name is Pinneas Q. Butternuts, I'd like to submit a request to ban burst rifles from all games, thank you

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I can’t tell if I’m just having bad luck this morning, or if everyone I play with is interpreting my character dibs hover as “hey you should pick this person.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

fuckin noobies stop spending all match looting gear and get into a fight some time before only like 4-5 squads are left. Dead players have all the good gear.