Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/EBischoff/status/1099427812845514753

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Didn't they do a bunch of WWF vs. WCW live appearances where they'd talk about their perspectives on things that happened during the Monday Night Wars? I always figured they were buddies who put on a "I hate this guy!" act.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Didn't they do a bunch of WWF vs. WCW live appearances where they'd talk about their perspectives on things that happened during the Monday Night Wars? I always figured they were buddies who put on a "I hate this guy!" act.

I think he just wants us to literally gently caress him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God bless Eric, trying to get his buddy some :3:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Jerusalem posted:

Twitter speculation is that he, Bruce, and Conrad were a package deal to podcast advertisers and if there’s no more Bruce podcast then lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ouch.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Twitter speculation is that he, Bruce, and Conrad were a package deal to podcast advertisers and if there’s no more Bruce podcast then lol

Good, gently caress Bischoff

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

That owns.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Surely he can hook up with Russo and the two bitter failures can complain about Meltzer together. That or he can sit on a stoop with a bottle of MD20/20 and rant about Meltzer to passerby.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Luigi Thirty posted:

Funny as hell, that's for sure.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Meltzer put out the political hit and that's why WWE signed Bruce.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait, WWE hired back Bruce Prichard to hurt that annoying broadcaster in AEW?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Wait, WWE hired back Bruce Prichard to hurt that annoying broadcaster in AEW?

That annoying broadcaster booked Taker, Flair and Arn for Starrcast

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I guess I get it?

I suppose the fact that I hate podcasts and have never even thought of going to a wrestling convention handicaps me a bit on fully grasping this one.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
aew is the competition. conrad booked wwe talent/backstage to appear at a convention adjacently related to the competition. youve never had to even heard of a wrestling convention to fully grasp what it entails

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Doesn't Bischoff hate Russo?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i still don't understand what a wrestling convention is or what happens there besides people getting autographs and milling around in a warehouse and smelling badly

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Drew McIntyre posted:

i still don't understand what a wrestling convention is or what happens there besides people getting autographs and milling around in a warehouse and smelling badly

I mean, autograph conventions are pretty common in nerd culture, it's not that weird

Q and A's usually happen as well

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Drew McIntyre posted:

It's a wrestling show without wrestling.

So exactly what you described.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Doesn't Bischoff hate Russo?

No one who has done business with Russo has ever walked away going "what a swell Vincent L Russo is."

who loves cryptic tweets? oo I do do

https://twitter.com/SCOTTHALLNWO/status/1099482015659896834

coconono fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Feb 24, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

coconono posted:

No one who has done business with Russo has ever walked away going "what a swell Vincent L Russo is."

Steve Austin likes him (and Kevin Dunn!) but to be fair, he was also drunk and making tens of millions of dollars a year when he was working with them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

Steve Austin likes him (and Kevin Dunn!) but to be fair, he was also drunk and making tens of millions of dollars a year when he was working with them.

honestly, who has Austin really ever buried? He even downplays his fractious relationship with Chris Adams.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

coconono posted:

honestly, who has Austin really ever buried? He even downplays his fractious relationship with Chris Adams.

I've never thought about it, but you're right. Like, I know he wasn't fond of Owen, at least for awhile, but he never said too much about it either. Then again, he's dead, so it's kinda apples and oranges, I guess.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

was the Ambrose interview a complete work, I guess my question would be

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I mean far be it from WWE to put out a worked interview that casts an extremely unflattering light on the subject

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

who loves cryptic tweets? oo I do do

https://twitter.com/SCOTTHALLNWO/status/1099482015659896834

Hopefully he's alright and this is just a stripper that blocked him from DMs or something and he's not actually praying on twitter for real life help

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Nic Nemeth

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

bradzilla posted:

Nic Nemeth

Never heard of him. Does he wrestle?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

He entertains!
please note your idea of entertainment and Nick Nemeth's may differ

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Bruce just put out a podcast yesterday where he mentioned that he considers Bischoff a friend and always enjoys interacting with him so there's that at least

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's a lot of undercard/midcard guys that do at least appreciate that Russo was willing to give just about everyone on the roster TV time, even if it basically meant you were playing a stereotype if you're any kind of minority, at least they were having storylines despite most of them being absolutely awful

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sabu's Twitter got suspended for homophobia https://www.bodyslam.net/2019/02/23/sabu-suspended-from-twitter-after-another-homophobic-outburst/

Nothing of value lost

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/kikutarosan/status/1099723644253679624

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1099754627048898566

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1099767686634979328

And today ends another running joke in the WWE. Sheamus has been trying for like the past 6 months to get Asuka to appear on Celtic Warrior Workouts, and she ducked him until today.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
He wasn’t ready

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Kimber_Lee90/status/1099843719216418816
https://twitter.com/Kimber_Lee90/status/1099844288714817537

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Wasn't Kimber Lee the person who refused to help Tegan or whatever [while Tegan was injured] and got released from WWE later on for supposed behavior issues? That being said, I hope she finds help.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

I'm sure she's a pill but I'm also gonna go ahead and guess that male NXT wrestlers don't get fired for not being a good enough nursemaid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

DarkstarIV posted:

Wasn't Kimber Lee the person who refused to help Tegan or whatever [while Tegan was injured] and got released from WWE later on for supposed behavior issues? That being said, I hope she finds help.

Reading between the lines (roverts/caseys tweets) she was difficult to deal with after being set up for success and allegedley has alcohol problems/ showed up to the performance center reeking of alcohol