Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

let us not forget that time that the ccha powerhouse 2006-07 miami redhawks got swept in the conference quarterfinal on the back of like 112 saves by lake state goaltending monster jeff jakaitis

oh god I remember this. He posted something loving absurd that year

E: yeah a .931 sv% :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
man gently caress him

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
gently caress North Dakota

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

gently caress North Dakota

:hmmyes:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

go a hawk bicth

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Barry Pochmara needs to loving retire immediately. We want Shegos!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Ohio State eventually cheated enough that they won in 2OT because the Big Ten is a garbage pile

I can't wait for Mason Jobst to play in the ECHL for 5 years and "retire" to become a gym teacher

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Neodoomium posted:

the Big Ten is a garbage pile

:sterv:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I was wrong, disband the B1G and let's all go back to the CCHA except Ohio State isn't allowed back in

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

I was wrong, disband the B1G and let's all go back to the CCHA except Ohio State isn't allowed back in

:yeah:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh my god wisconsin beat the absolute dog piss out of penn state

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

HELL YEAH MAX JOHNSON :toot:

5 point weekend, i'll take it

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Yale more like

* clears throat, adjusts tie, straightens jacket *

Fail

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

DJExile posted:

oh my god wisconsin beat the absolute dog piss out of penn state
Yeah well they beat 'em by an even bigger margin last night so :colbert:

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 24, 2019

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

gearing up for the inevitable Mankato NCAA tournament collapse. Gonna be sweet this year when we get knocked out by UMass and I have to hear that for the next 30 years from the wife.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

as seen on deadspin

https://twitter.com/GopherHockey/status/1099461734404886528

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/QU_MIH

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yo BG pls stop losing to bama

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

DJExile posted:

My friend, if you trust in Bowling Green's ability to not blow a late season push then I have several bridges to sell you.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep here it comes

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BACK WITHIN 1

HEARTBREAKING LOSS INCOMIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao great job you piss shitters we're going to miss the tourney by like one millionth of a point again

E: lmao yep, down to 17th.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 2, 2019

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1102025600326402048?s=19

Jesus Christ :stare:

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

It looked really bad in person, but he came back out somehow the next period. He was bleeding a lot, I was shocked he didn't get held out as a precaution for the rest of the game.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Michigan Hockey should get out and they will in exactly two more games

These games are now @ Minnesota because they hosed up getting a single point twice this weekend

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
It was very nice for Michigan to not only force overtime, but beg the refs to disallow the Badgers first winner in order to allow the fans to thank Micheal Leckrone one last time.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/MJ_Baird17/status/1102025984340037632

jesus

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
gently caress Yale

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

davecrazy posted:

gently caress Yale

Agreed but Quinnipiac have been a pack of thugs for a long time now so also gently caress them.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

TOURNEY poo poo!!

holy loving lmao ohio state is your #1 seed you are worse than atlantic hockey
Quarterfinal rounds are all best-of-3 series at higher seed. Semis are single-game. Final is single game.

#5 Wisconsin @ #4 Penn State
#6 Michigan @ #3 Minnesota
#7 Sparty nooo @ #2 Notre Dame

Hockey East
All we know is UMass of all fuckin' teams is #1 so far.

Buncha fukkn nerrrdds conference
Top 4 seeds receive first-round byes. Seeds 5-12 play best-of-3 on campus, first round. Re-seed for second round, seeds 1-4 host best-of-3 series. Winners play in semifinals and finals.

#9 Princeton @ #8 Brown
#12 St. Lawrence @ #5 Dartmouth
#11 RPI @ #6 Yale
#10 Colgate @ #7 Union
(#1 Q'Pac, #2 Cornell, #3 Clarkson, #4 Harvard all have first-round byes)

NCHC
Seeds 1-4 host best-of-3 series against teams 5-8. Winners play in semifinals and finals the following weekend.

Only things set right now are St. Cloud is #1 and Colorado College is #6

WCHA
Teams 1-4 host best-of-three quarterfinal series. Winners play the semifinals, best-of-three the following weekend, on campus of two highest remaining seeds. Highest remaining seed after semis hosts one-game championship, on campus the following week.

#8 Bama-Huntsville @ #1 Minn-State
#5 Bemidji St. @ #4 LSSU
#6 Fightin' Nerds @ #3 BG
#7 SPACEBEAR @ @2 NMU

Man this has to be the first time in ages LSSU has hosted a playoff series.

Your top seed is #32 why in blue gently caress does this poo poo conference get an auto-bid
Top 5 seeds receive first-round byes. Seeds 6-11 play best-of-3 on campus, first round. Re-seed for second round, seeds 1-4 host best-of-3 series. Winners play in semifinals and finals.

cross at bobby mo
canisius at niagara
army at murst

aic, rit, heart, military nerds and bently have 1st round byes. gently caress this conference

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I forgot about the hosed up conference tournament layout the big 10 does

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Time to take down the falcons. Go Huskies.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

I forgot about the hosed up conference tournament layout the big 10 does

That's really all they can do, either include everyone but 1 team gets a bye, or dump the bottom seed.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Wisconsin, I normally think you're pretty cool, but gently caress you for the next weekend.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Dude I met that went to UAH said their program runs them about 1.5 mil a year. What does an actual competitive I-A program run a year?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

GD_American posted:

Dude I met that went to UAH said their program runs them about 1.5 mil a year. What does an actual competitive I-A program run a year?

Probably less than that. A ton of UAH's costs are in travel since the WCHA is a seriously oddball conference that includes teams in Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, the UP, and 2 in Alaska.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh christ, BG's other path if they don't win the WCHA tournament includes a terrifying prospect, they'd have to cheer for Ohio State :gonk:

Toledo Blade posted:

The current RPI difference between No. 14 Western Michigan and No. 17 Bowling Green is .0047. So it’s feasible for the Falcons to slide back in with a couple series wins and best-case scenarios elsewhere.

1. First, BG has to help itself: The Falcons likely would have to advance to the WCHA championship game — which would mean four more wins — to have a somewhat realistic shot. If BGSU loses twice against Michigan Tech in this weekend’s WCHA first round, it will fall into the 20s and won’t have the steam to jump in the rankings no matter what happens elsewhere.

2. No “bid-stealing”: If, for example, No. 30 Yale won the ECAC, the cutoff for at-large teams moves up another spot to No. 14. If No. 24 Michigan were to win the Big Ten, another spot is claimed, and so on. Last season, No. 12 was the final at-large team admitted.

BGSU is living on the razor’s edge from an at-large perspective as it is, so unexpected teams winning conference tournaments would make an at-large spot close to impossible for the Falcons. Ideally for BGSU, four top-10 teams would win at-large spots.

3. Ohio State must win the Big Ten: This would help Bowling Green in two ways. First, the Buckeyes are the only Big Ten team guaranteed to make the NCAA tournament, so it would be nice from BG’s perspective if they also won the automatic bid and hurt the cases of Nos. 15 Notre Dame and 16 Penn State, which also are on the bubble.

Second, the Falcons went 1-0-1 against OSU, and the Buckeyes picking up a few more solid wins would help BG’s RPI, 75 percent of which is based on strength-of-schedule measures.

4. Watch for Western Michigan: PairWise is based on three categories: RPI, record vs. common opponents, and head-to-head. When two teams are compared, RPI and common opponents count as one point each, and each head-to-head win counts as one point.

The Falcons swept the season series 2-0 (giving them two points), while WMU has two points for winning the other categories. RPI breaks the tie, giving WMU a narrow advantage against Bowling Green at the moment.

But if the Broncos stumble early in the NCHC tournament, Bowling Green can make its move and pass WMU altogether.

E: Arizona State being all but guaranteed a spot doesn't help matters either. :ohdear:

DJExile fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 5, 2019

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
AIC won the Atlantic?

that's cool, I went to elementary school right across the street from their campus and they did some cool stuff with my underfunded as gently caress school so good on them stay wholesome College Hockey Megathread 18-19

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

T-Bone posted:

AIC won the Atlantic?

that's cool, I went to elementary school right across the street from their campus and they did some cool stuff with my underfunded as gently caress school so good on them stay wholesome College Hockey Megathread 18-19

They won the regular season. Tournaments haven't started yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Cornell might do well in nerd conference because they will have some of their injured guys back, and also gently caress Yale and q'pac