Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I get the feeling R. Kelly is going down this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

DC Murderverse posted:

Pam Anderson is bros with Julian Assange, which is the sort of "hyper-woke" that leads people to voting for the green party not out of distrust for Hillary Clinton/dislike of the democratic party, but because she really resonated with Jill Stein

I'd figure the more pertinent part of that is that he's got some feelings about being charged with rape anyway. I mean, as I see it, it was rape to slip off a condom during sex without telling his partner or just plain have sex with them while asleep after being denied but I'd bet he disagrees with me and has been talking about such things with Ms. Anderson.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is R Kelly a bigger POS or maniac than Kanye West?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Grouchio posted:

One isn't a pedophile and rapist as far as we know?

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Kanye West is just a mentally off-kilter idiot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Seeing a lot of speculation that RK will kill himself in jail and I hope it's just speculation because that motherfucksr needs to publicly be held accountable.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Rhyno posted:

Seeing a lot of speculation that RK will kill himself in jail and I hope it's just speculation because that motherfucksr needs to publicly be held accountable.

On the one hand I agree with the accountability but on the other hand his attorneys are going to be giant shitheads on cross examination of the victims. Whatever happens I just hope they get some closure because jesus christ the charges are horrible.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Grouchio posted:

Wtf? Was West accused of sexual assault? I thought his only issue is mental illness which isn’t remotely comparable to Kelly.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Crackbone posted:

Wtf? Was West accused of sexual assault? I thought his only issue is mental illness which isn’t remotely comparable to Kelly.
I don't keep up with rappers so I know nuthin.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Grouchio posted:

I don't keep up with rappers so I know nuthin.

So why not compare R Kelly with musicians who are known child mollesters, like Bowie, Paige, Jagger, etc.

R Kelly's not even a rapper, he's an R&B singer, which makes your comparison even more irrelevant.

I mean, we all get the implication in your post, why feign ignorance when called out on it?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoFSDrVrLno

e: i loving love kanye and don't much like die antwoord

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Kanye’s not a rapist just a jackass

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Coffee And Pie posted:

:emptyquote:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I was willing to excuse Kanye as just a severely mentally ill man who bought hard into the “great art can only come from suffering” myth until the Candace Owens/MAGA poo poo.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Pirate Jet posted:

I was willing to excuse Kanye as just a severely mentally ill man who bought hard into the “great art can only come from suffering” myth until the Candace Owens/MAGA poo poo.

Yeah, his MAGA poo poo is horrible

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI

how did this guy become a trump supporter?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
From what I understand he saw a lot of himself in Trump. Take that as you will.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

syscall girl posted:

How did I know what this would be before even clicking on it

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

syscall girl posted:

Like most people, Kanye West doesn't have anything remotely close to a coherent political philosophy.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Kanye, first and foremost, is a dumb guy who likes attention. That can lead someone to accidentally stumble across a correct opinion such as Bush not caring about black people.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Playmate's suit bares details about affair with GOP donor
https://www.yahoo.com/news/playmates-suit-bares-details-affair-gop-donor-230802924.html

#MeToo hits the sports world:

Patriots owner Robert Kraft charged with soliciting prostitution in Florida spa
https://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/l...spa/2939429002/

Report: Robert Kraft is not the biggest name involved in prostitution case
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/22/report-robert-kraft-is-not-the-biggest-name-involved-in-prostitution-case/

Karl Malone's DARK Secret:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOcRZyUp12U&t=20s

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
At least we got to see Jussie Smollett get literally skull-hosed by a xenomorph before he destroyed his career.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pirate Jet posted:

:same:

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Slutitution posted:

At least we got to see Jussie Smollett get literally skull-hosed by a xenomorph before he destroyed his career.

Lol didn’t even realize he was a red shirt on that movie.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Just insanely rude of Rami Malek to not thank his director after winning an Oscar.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Skwirl posted:

Just insanely rude of Rami Malek to not thank his director after winning an Oscar.

He should have at least shouted out the ADs since they did most of the work.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
You know it’s kind of satisfying in a petty way that Bryan Singer was banished and nowhere to be seen on a night where, if he wasn’t a disgraced pervert, he would be sitting there basking in Oscar glory and at a career high.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Where was Kevin Hart? I didn't watch.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
He got stopped outside by the “You must be this tall” sign

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Shaocaholica posted:

Where was Kevin Hart? I didn't watch.

He went to the gym to work out his aggression on a weighted bag.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuSSl8mlUky/

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Coffee And Pie posted:

He's a rapist enabler/apologist though, since he copped for Ian Connor, A$AP Bari, Cosby, and Trump.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Anonymous John posted:

He's a rapist enabler/apologist though, since he copped for Ian Connor, A$AP Bari, Cosby, and Trump.

I'm not going to say he's a good guy, but he's not grooming and raping and basically imprisoning underage girls and keeping them from their families.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah if we’re gonna chat about famous current rappers who need a talk lets bump Drake up ahead of Kanye.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah if we’re gonna chat about famous current rappers who need a talk lets bump Drake up ahead of Kanye.

:agreed:
That said, Kanye has the habit of waiting until I’m not annoyed by him and then five minutes later doing some dumbass poo poo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goouXtnDLcI

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Emma Thompson has dropped out of Skydance Animation's "Luck" in response to Skydance hiring John Lasseter https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/emma-thompson-exits-skydances-luck-john-lasseter-hire-1187303

Letter sent to Skydance, with a copy shared to the LA Times https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-mn-emma-thompson-john-lasseter-skydance-20190226-story.html

quote:

As you know, I have pulled out of the production of “Luck” — to be directed by the very wonderful Alessandro Carloni. It feels very odd to me that you and your company would consider hiring someone with Mr. Lasseter’s pattern of misconduct given the present climate in which people with the kind of power that you have can reasonably be expected to step up to the plate.

I realise that the situation — involving as it does many human beings — is complicated. However these are the questions I would like to ask:

If a man has been touching women inappropriately for decades, why would a woman want to work for him if the only reason he’s not touching them inappropriately now is that it says in his contract that he must behave “professionally”?
If a man has made women at his companies feel undervalued and disrespected for decades, why should the women at his new company think that any respect he shows them is anything other than an act that he’s required to perform by his coach, his therapist and his employment agreement? The message seems to be, “I am learning to feel respect for women so please be patient while I work on it. It’s not easy.”
Much has been said about giving John Lasseter a “second chance.” But he is presumably being paid millions of dollars to receive that second chance. How much money are the employees at Skydance being paid to GIVE him that second chance?
If John Lasseter started his own company, then every employee would have been given the opportunity to choose whether or not to give him a second chance. But any Skydance employees who don't want to give him a second chance have to stay and be uncomfortable or lose their jobs. Shouldn’t it be John Lasseter who has to lose HIS job if the employees don’t want to give him a second chance?
Skydance has revealed that no women received settlements from Pixar or Disney as a result of being harassed by John Lasseter. But given all the abuse that’s been heaped on women who have come forward to make accusations against powerful men, do we really think that no settlements means that there was no harassment or no hostile work environment? Are we supposed to feel comforted that women who feel that their careers were derailed by working for Lasseter DIDN’T receive money?

I hope these queries make the level of my discomfort understandable. I regret having to step away because I love Alessandro so much and think he is an incredibly creative director. But I can only do what feels right during these difficult times of transition and collective consciousness raising.
I am well aware that centuries of entitlement to women’s bodies whether they like it or not is not going to change overnight. Or in a year. But I am also aware that if people who have spoken out — like me — do not take this sort of a stand then things are very unlikely to change at anything like the pace required to protect my daughter’s generation.

Yours most sincerely,

Emma Thompson

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah you don't back Emma Thompson into a corner like that, she will fuckin' wreck you.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Good poo poo, Emma.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Emma Thompson with the top rope powerbomb

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Nm

Emma Thompson != Emma Watson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Shaocaholica posted:

Nm

Emma Thompson != Emma Watson

Same, and to throw in further confusion: Emma Thompson != Emma Watson !=Emily Watson

Because I literally read that article and in my head I was picturing Emily Watson.