Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

yea the good caustics I've come across used the canisters much like gibs shield except you can't see and they can. They developed some kind of dance/mating rituals around the canisters ducking weaving and finding weird angles to shoot me from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah after a few games as Lifeline I realised that sticking with the big puffy bear was holding me back. I really hope he gets a buff soon.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Hey folks, I'm developing an Apex Legends personal-project of storyboarding and animation for my own personal improvement. So I was wondering if you could help me there.

I'm looking for memorable and awesome clips of yourself or your friends in the game. You can also share stuff not by you that's particularly awesome.

Basically I'm looking to get inspiration for creating scenes for a storyboard project that I will also animate some scenes from. (And have still images for some shots.) It's going to be an exercise aimed at improving my animation and boarding skills, and generating content for my professional animation reel. (I am a professional television animator.)

Mind you, I won't necessarily be adapting the clips into animation - but I will be using the vibe & energy from them as inspiration for ideas. Clips of goons doing rad or goofy things ingame helps me feel more personally connected to what I'm trying to get across too.

I'm looking for clips of any kind - but memorable grapple-plays with Pathfinder in particular would help as he's going to be the central character for the idea I have.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 24, 2019

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Spacedad posted:

I'm looking for clips of any kind - but memorable grapple-plays with Pathfinder in particular would help as he's going to be the central character for the idea I have.

This is probably my best grapple play thus far: https://clips.twitch.tv/CrunchyIronicPassionfruit4Head

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

What's the deal with the character poses in the party screen in the menu? My pathfinder always has the default thumbs-up pose (which is not my banner pose), but I remember seeing Caustic kneeling and Lifeline sitting on her drone. I don't see an option for that anywhere in the character menus.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklyEndearingMetalOSkomodo

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

burexas.irom posted:

What's the deal with the character poses in the party screen in the menu? My pathfinder always has the default thumbs-up pose (which is not my banner pose), but I remember seeing Caustic kneeling and Lifeline sitting on her drone. I don't see an option for that anywhere in the character menus.

They are an option in the character menus, under poses.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

VulgarandStupid posted:

They are an option in the character menus, under poses.

OK, here's my character menu structure:

SKINS
BANNERS [Frame, Pose, Badge 1-3, Tracker 1-3]
QUIPS [Intro, Kill]
FINISHERS

The Pose under BANNERS changes only my banner pose.

I'm on PS4 if that's relevant.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

yay I just got wraith heirlooms after spending 100 bux on my f2p bideo james waifu

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

burexas.irom posted:

OK, here's my character menu structure:

SKINS
BANNERS [Frame, Pose, Badge 1-3, Tracker 1-3]
QUIPS [Intro, Kill]
FINISHERS

The Pose under BANNERS changes only my banner pose.

I'm on PS4 if that's relevant.

make sure u equip it :discourse:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Spacedad posted:

Hey folks, I'm developing an Apex Legends personal-project of storyboarding and animation for my own personal improvement. So I was wondering if you could help me there.

I'm looking for memorable and awesome clips of yourself or your friends in the game. You can also share stuff not by you that's particularly awesome.

Basically I'm looking to get inspiration for creating scenes for a storyboard project that I will also animate some scenes from. (And have still images for some shots.) It's going to be an exercise aimed at improving my animation and boarding skills, and generating content for my professional animation reel. (I am a professional television animator.)

Mind you, I won't necessarily be adapting the clips into animation - but I will be using the vibe & energy from them as inspiration for ideas. Clips of goons doing rad or goofy things ingame helps me feel more personally connected to what I'm trying to get across too.

Not a grapple play, but this one kicks off with a zipline assault about 45s in so shrug?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfinxEa7dYY

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

rap music posted:

yay I just got wraith heirlooms after spending 100 bux on my f2p bideo james waifu

idiot, don't

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

burexas.irom posted:

the party screen seems to be entirely random and isn’t even shared

your character will have one pose on your screen and a different one on your friend’s

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

dmboogie posted:

the party screen seems to be entirely random and isn’t even shared

your character will have one pose on your screen and a different one on your friend’s

Also the quip used when you select your party isn't group shared, leading to extremely annoying friends who dad-joke about each quip and now their jokes are robbed of all context

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Evilreaver posted:

Also the quip used when you select your party isn't group shared, leading to extremely annoying friends who dad-joke about each quip and now their jokes are robbed of all context

literally none of the in game voicelines are shared, which is similarly annoying

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Hello, Gibraltar main here. Not many wins on record or kills. I have to agree with everyone that he's pretty much a walking target. His shield does nothing. His bubble shield is great and his ult is super effective. Its a good wombo combo.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I think the fact that people intensely can't agree on which legend is OP is a good sign that they are designed really well.

I just had a weird bug with the Mastiff, we were engaging the last team, and after emptying the mag I couldn't reload. It would reload one shell and immediately fire it. This happened 3 times until I just switched to my R99 and finished the last of the potato squad.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

burexas.irom posted:

I think the fact that people intensely can't agree on which legend is OP is a good sign that they are designed really well.

Pretty much everyone is in agreement that Gib and Caustic are the worst, partly because of hitboxes?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Caustic's really good.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
There's a datamined factsheet out there saying Gib's shield is 100 hp, but I don't see how that's possibly the case.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I think their abilities are great. I've been cornered by a caustic plenty of times and gibs suscide ult plus bunble combo can help out alot when surrounded. Pther then that, they move so slow. Are huge targets and arnt really useful beyond that.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Pretty much everyone is in agreement that Gib and Caustic are the worst, partly because of hitboxes?

I was literally replying to a post praising Gibraltar, you dork.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
They sucked the soul and stopping power out of the Alternator and put it into the RE-45

Seriously I love the RE-45 and the Alternator is just the saddest thing to happen to one of TF2's most fun guns

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

burexas.irom posted:

I was literally replying to a post praising Gibraltar, you dork.

Which post?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I think pretty much everyone would agree that Bangalore is probably the best hero. Three incredibly good abilities that are useful in almost every situation.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bangalore is the strongest and caustic is the weakest. but of course it's about playing who you like.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Groovelord Neato posted:

bangalore is the strongest and caustic is the weakest.

Yes, but if we're going by personality it's the exact opposite.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Groovelord Neato posted:

bangalore is the strongest and caustic is the weakest.

Ehhhhhhh I'm almost tempted to say Mirage is worse, but I don't know enough about Caustic's hitbox stuff like people have been saying. He's definitely the most situational in the game, and outside of his situation he does nothing, but at least there's that sliver. I'm not sure if there's ever a situation where Mirage REALLY shines

Like, a Caustic in the Bunker will single-handedly win you the engagement. If the final circle includes Bunker you've won. I'm struggling to think of a time when I've ever thought to myself "drat wish one of us were Mirage"

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Decoy is up there as a top tier skill, mirages problem is that his passive and ult are bottom tier.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

The one right above mine.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

burexas.irom posted:

that guy sure as hell isn't saying gibralter is overpowered, lol

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Purely anecdotally Gibraltar is 100% the hero I've seen the least of, both on my team and playing against. Not counting Mirage/Caustic for obvious reasons.

...actually scratch that, I've seen more Mirages than Gibraltars.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

lifeline is S tier

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mirage's q is sometimes helpful since most people will reflexively shoot.

rap music posted:

lifeline is S tier

she is my main now.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Purely anecdotally Gibraltar is 100% the hero I've seen the least of, both on my team and playing against. Not counting Mirage/Caustic for obvious reasons.

...actually scratch that, I've seen more Mirages than Gibraltars.

Gibraltars were pretty common during the first week but then most people figured out that he's not very good.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

This is easily one of the least-toxic games I've ever played. I never play with a microphone because I don't want to wake my kid up so I type things when I can (which is rarely) but one of two things happen. One, no one has a mic, and everyone pings stuff, and we all die, oh well. Or two, two people have mics, I don't, and they constantly communicate in a friendly manner while complimenting each other and saying how well I'm doing for a new player. I'm matched in a team with two 200+ kill players and I get zero kills around 200 damage they have to respawn me and we lose because I'm not with them when a fight happens and they're nothing but friendly! It's super weird and I love it. Keep being friendly Apex <3

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

burexas.irom posted:

corn in the bible posted:

that guy sure as hell isn't saying gibralter is overpowered, lol

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Hello, Gibraltar main here. Not many wins on record or kills. I have to agree with everyone that he's pretty much a walking target. His shield does nothing. His bubble shield is great and his ult is super effective. Its a good wombo combo.

Yeah, that's what confused me, everything past "Gibraltar main here" was saying how lovely he is as a character in every way.

On another note, I think my new favorite thing is taking a wingman and shotgun and filling the rest of my inventory with grenades instead of ammo.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It's less that Gibraltar isn't strong and more that he's just difficult to play. He has two of the strongest active abilities in the game and is incredibly powerful, but he really relies on smart dome usage to be viable because of his hitbox which gives him a really high skill floor.

Gibraltar and Caustic really require you to tailor your playstyle to them and control the field, because you'll usually get outshot in a straight up gunfight.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

I don't know, is this the video that morphix says doesn't provide proof?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EuZEmoRU4A

It provides 100% proof that pathfinder's hitboxes are broken. And it also shows even if Gibraltar's hitbox are close to immaculate like Bloodhound's, if he's physically bigger the hitbox would be bigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

HKS posted:

I don't know, is this the video that morphix says doesn't provide proof?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EuZEmoRU4A

It provides 100% proof that pathfinder's hitboxes are broken. And it also shows even if Gibraltar's hitbox are close to immaculate like Bloodhound's, if he's physically bigger the hitbox would be bigger.

i mean also the fact they announced they're working on hitboxes proves morphix is wrong