Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

DoubleDonut posted:

is it just me or is the princess looking taller and older in this chapter

as in, "less like a weird goblin"

The return of Serious Mode Princess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Oh, I completely forgot about that.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

The princess does NOT look like a 'weird goblin', that's rude to say

She looks like a FRIENDLY goblin.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

DoubleDonut posted:

is it just me or is the princess looking taller and older in this chapter

as in, "less like a weird goblin"

She's just in serious working mode, she'll revert back soon.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Gloomy Rube posted:

She looks like a FRIENDLY murderous goblin.

ftfy

Where would we be without our favorite sleepy murdergoblin, after all? :allears:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
New Demon Lord Scissor Princess Suyasuya

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

two new Senryu Girl

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Eldritch Senpai

pizza raft! :discourse:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

That chapter of Eldritch Senpai sure got more oddly sexual than it usually does.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Cute cuddly head is better than deep sea murder head. Let's keep it that way.

Ibblebibble posted:

That chapter of Eldritch Senpai sure got more oddly sexual than it usually does.
The power of a beach episode.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Brought To You By posted:

Cute cuddly head is better than deep sea murder head. Let's keep it that way.

Both heads are cute and cuddly.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

another set of three new Senryu Girl

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

chapter by chapter, i want to see more of tao getting dunked on.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
more kumika

https://mangadex.org/chapter/547600/1

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Eiria made the yukata work with her legs! Good for her! :haw:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
And tail! She had a lil' cutout :3:

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Sleepy Princess
The Princess is one step closer to becoming a world ending threat. Pillows can be a weapon

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

And tail! She had a lil' cutout :3:

We need a chapter of just tailoring clothes for different alien species.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm probably just bringing something up again that I didn't pay much attention to beforehand but this one's been fun for the 5 chapters I've looked at.

High School Inari Tamamo-chan!

'Tamamo says she is a transfer student from Kyoto, but her true identity is an Inari from the Fushimi Inari Shrine! Most adults see her as a beautiful young girl, but her classmates see her for what she really is.'

They're good kids.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
tamamo is an extremely harmless series but also extremely bland

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I really do like it, even if it's not the most amazing thing.
It's super cute, and who doesn't want to watch people play with a doggo's paw pads? Sure, it'd be better to squish dem paws yourself, but it's not like it gets any less cute.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Its a comfy sort of bland. Also I can play with my irl dog's paws at the same time so.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
As a diehard fan of Yurucamp I'll fight anyone that talks poo poo about bland and harmless franchises

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Reallycoolname posted:

As a diehard fan of Yurucamp I'll fight anyone that talks poo poo about bland and harmless franchises

Harmless? The temptation to buy the Snow Peak catalog every time I watch it is dangerous to my finances.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

PirateDentist posted:

Harmless? The temptation to buy the Snow Peak catalog every time I watch it is dangerous to my finances.

now look here

when you invariably go broke from buying out the catalog you'll still have all that gear to survive in

see? harmless. :eng101:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hello, I don't remember basically anything I've ever been recommended so I probably missed this one if it came up before!

The Pharmacist's Monologue A young pharmacist is kidnapped while out collecting herbs a now she slaves away as a servant of the Emporer's Harem. Within about three chapters she's moved up to actually practicing medicine like she wants and she's really devoted. I haven't gone deep in a lot of chapters but she's constantly wearing bandages because she'd be testing poison effects and burns on herself to document them and try to find a cure. Which also comes in handy when they have her doing poison testing for the emperor's concubine.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

RareAcumen posted:

Hello, I don't remember basically anything I've ever been recommended so I probably missed this one if it came up before!

The Pharmacist's Monologue A young pharmacist is kidnapped while out collecting herbs a now she slaves away as a servant of the Emporer's Harem. Within about three chapters she's moved up to actually practicing medicine like she wants and she's really devoted. I haven't gone deep in a lot of chapters but she's constantly wearing bandages because she'd be testing poison effects and burns on herself to document them and try to find a cure. Which also comes in handy when they have her doing poison testing for the emperor's concubine.

This reminds me of some kind of CSI: Medieval China.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Not sure it's surreal, but I've been reading it for a while - I like it a lot, tiny poison girl manga is good.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

This is a pretty interesting premise / story! I think you should post it in the Historic Manga thread too, but thanks for sharing it! Yet another manga for me to follow...

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

I could literally mainline the mangas I follow and still not keep up.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I know this isn't the right thread but I can't find it as I've never been here. As an manga neophyte, should I read the official colorized Akira or something more original? What's the consensus on this?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Just read whatever seems interesting. The Convince to Read thread can be good if you're just looking for whatever, and you can check out the various genre/demographic threads or the recommendation thread once you have a better idea of what you're looking for.

(I don't know anything about the Akira manga so you might want to ask in the recommendation thread)

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Thanks

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Maomao is adorable, I'm liking the chinese-court-intrigue poison-girl manga.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gozinbulx posted:

I know this isn't the right thread but I can't find it as I've never been here. As an manga neophyte, should I read the official colorized Akira or something more original? What's the consensus on this?

It's loving amazing read it. Akira is seriously my favourite manga of all time.

The colorized version is good.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Gozinbulx posted:

You could do far worse than read Akira, one of the greatest manga of all time. After you're done with that, try reading Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind, or... or Battle Angel Alita!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Gozinbulx posted:

If you pay me big monies ill tell you exactly whats good to read.

Thats right, im a personal comic trainer.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG0vQuTl_xQ
:toot:

lol wrong thread, sort of? People should read Children of the Sea

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

This is good. It's set in China? Would make sense for her to suddenly have a Cat Mode when her nickname Shao Mao basically means Little Cat.

Edit: oh gently caress im caught up already :negative:

Artificer fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Artificer posted:

Edit: oh gently caress im caught up already :negative:

Yeah same, I want more CSI: Forbidden City dammit!