Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

The Slack Lagoon posted:

They have two different Cascade pods and the PLATINUM ULTRA (3 colors on top) seem to work better than the other ones (2 colors on top)

3 colors is best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Platinum ultra + Finish rinse aid = Best results

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Platinum Ultra is plenty good for all my poo poo rear end Ikea plates and glasses.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I still use Cascade powdered. It works fine in my old-rear end rollaway dishwasher.

I bought a case of Kirkland microwaveable popcorn the other month but had not gotten into it. My wife popped some last night and said it was delicious and that the entire bag popped without burning, which for some reason never happens these days on normal popcorn. PBUC

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
My wife loves the Kirkland brand popcorn. But we always use the “popcorn” setting on our microwave. The few times we’ve followed the instructions on the bag, we got burned kernels.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

hakimashou posted:

I bought some nandos sauce at the grocery store once and it was nothing special.

I wonder if its like you're british or australian or something and its your first hot sauce or something you fall in love with it I dunno.

Only reason I know of and had tried it was because of a South African co-worker. I still think the garlic sauce is delicious.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Old dishwashers clean better than new ones.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hed posted:

This ain’t no joke. I have a new one and it blows rear end.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

This ain’t no joke. I have a new one and it blows rear end.

This is very disappointing. I really wanted to upgrade to an under-cabinet this year.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

therobit posted:

This is very disappointing. I really wanted to upgrade to an under-cabinet this year.

It could just be the one I have but drat do some research because apparently a lot of them suck now.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Hed posted:

Thats likely because of Energy Star water usage requirements.

Old ones probably go water like a leaky hose.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Phylodox posted:

My wife loves the Kirkland brand popcorn. But we always use the “popcorn” setting on our microwave. The few times we’ve followed the instructions on the bag, we got burned kernels.

a lot of the bags explicitly say to not use the popcorn setting. just set it to two minutes and listen to it as it goes to see if you need to add or subtract 15 seconds to it. once you know the exact time you’re good

also yeah costco popcorn is too loving good i have to talk myself out of buying those boxes every time i go

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

FilthyImp posted:

Thats likely because of Energy Star water usage requirements.

Old ones probably go water like a leaky hose.

this is bullshit for people (like me) that live in the great lakes region who literally throw away fresh water because we have too much of it

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rex-Goliath posted:

a lot of the bags explicitly say to not use the popcorn setting.

Popcorn setting has never steered us wrong, bags are liars.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

You have to use the popcorn setting. Microwaves all have different wattages and poo poo.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I have done both the button and waiting next to the microwave and using and I wind up with either some burned popcorn or unpopped kernels literally every time. Until we bought the Kirkland popcorn and now the button works just fine. PBUC.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I've had my box of kirkland microwave popcorn sitting in my trunk for about a year and the butter in the bags has started to seep through each individual bag. The butter is strong with this one.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

therobit posted:

I have done both the button and waiting next to the microwave and using and I wind up with either some burned popcorn or unpopped kernels literally every time. Until we bought the Kirkland popcorn and now the button works just fine. PBUC.

but unpopped kernels are the best part of microwave popcorn

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bummey posted:

but unpopped kernels are the best part of microwave popcorn

:hai:
This poster speaks the truth

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Are you guys seriously eating just straight up unpopped kernels? Or are you talking about the semipopped ones. Or both

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The cooked but unpopped ones, in my case at least. I imagine raw kernels are tooth breakingly tough

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I just swallow unpopped kernels in hopes that a corn stalk emerges from my rear end and I get to patent a new type of corn.

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chinatown posted:

I just swallow unpopped kernels in hopes that a corn stalk emerges from my rear end and I get to patent a new type of corn.

I think Korn beat you to the punch there.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I like Tabasco on my eggs bc I'm a hot sauce heathen

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

VanguardFelix posted:

The cooked but unpopped ones, in my case at least. I imagine raw kernels are tooth breakingly tough

I don't like popcorn. I never eat it. If someone is making popcorn you bet your rear end I'll scour the bottom of the bag/bowl/popper for unpopped kernels.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Bummey posted:

I don't like popcorn. I never eat it. If someone is making popcorn you bet your rear end I'll scour the bottom of the bag/bowl/popper for unpopped kernels.

This is terrible but if you enjoy it hey

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
One thing I will never agree with the Costco thread on is dish washer tablets.

I have used the Kirkland pods exclusively for 5 years and my dishes are perfectly clean every time. I try Cascade whenever they give out free samples and every time it's left my dishes wet.

No, I'm not going to buy additional products like rinse aid in conjunction with your more expensive detergent for the same results I get from Kirkland.

Also my brand new dish washer cleans great. I got the Frigidaire one from Costco.ca that's got no controls on the front.. gallery series or something? featuring SAHARA DRY TM.
BTW it helps if you run your sink on hot water before you start the cycle - if it's drawing a bunch of cold water out of your pipes obviously you will get worse results.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I have always been pleased with the plain jane KS dishwasher tablets, too. I wonder if the people who have problems with them have water that's too hard or soft or whatever to begin with.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Math You posted:

I have used the Kirkland pods exclusively for 5 years and my dishes are perfectly clean every time. I try Cascade whenever they give out free samples and every time it's left my dishes wet.

No, I'm not going to buy additional products like rinse aid in conjunction with your more expensive detergent for the same results I get from Kirkland.

Also my brand new dish washer cleans great. I got the Frigidaire one from Costco.ca that's got no controls on the front.. gallery series or something? featuring SAHARA DRY TM.
BTW it helps if you run your sink on hot water before you start the cycle - if it's drawing a bunch of cold water out of your pipes obviously you will get worse results.

So, what brand of new dishwasher did you buy since it works well?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I have always been pleased with the plain jane KS dishwasher tablets, too. I wonder if the people who have problems with them have water that's too hard or soft or whatever to begin with.

My water IS hard as hell

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Just throw popcorn kernels in the dishwasher

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Math You posted:

I've gone through Kirkland pods, Cascade platinum, cascade triple ultra, rinse aid or none, etc. I find it makes very little difference what you buy, and I just get whats on sale or cheapest. Right now im the KS pods and they seem to get the job done. I can't say the KS are any better or worse than Cascade ones, like maybe Cascade is slightly better but it's so minor that I really can't tell one way or another.

I also find rinse aid to not really help and leaves a slightly gross film but ymmv.

The biggest variation is that the dishwasher empties into the sink and my sink tends to backup above the garbage disposal sometimes, so if I don't run the garbage disposal when it happens then my dishes can smell slightly odorous afterwards.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I need everyone to know that I had Bitchin' Sauce for the first time on friday. Why has no one told me about this? I'm legit disappointed in all of you.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I need everyone to know that I had Bitchin' Sauce for the first time on friday. Why has no one told me about this? I'm legit disappointed in all of you.

Stuff rules. I could eat an entire container in one sitting but thats like 100000 calories

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
king of mass produced hot sauce flavour is Tapatio definitely. nuanced as gently caress.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

The Walrus posted:

king of mass produced hot sauce flavour is Tapatio definitely. nuanced as gently caress.

And it's almost always the cheapest bottle on the shelf.

My 'co carries Tabasco (hard no) and Cholula (much better).

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Consumer reports has the kirkland dishwasher pods as their highest rated detergents followed by the Sams club house brand (yuck), followed by Finish, followed by Cascade pods. However, they have them listed at 11 cents per pod which cheaper than all the rest of them except the Sams ones.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

Stuff rules. I could eat an entire container in one sitting but thats like 100000 calories

Start putting on mass binch.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

The Walrus posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
el yucateco loving rules bitch