Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
One thing I always wondered about Ryunosuke- he's got orange/red hair, is presumably a Fuyuki native, and isn't a proper magus but his family probably used to be, judging by the book with the summoning ritual he found in his family's storehouse. And while he isn't a magus he at least has enough magic circuits to summon a servant, and the presence of magic circuits is supposed to be rare among normal people in the first place.

Did we ever find out what Shirou's birth family name was before he changed it to Emiya? Was he related to Ryunosuke? His circuits are lovely but the number is actually above average for a magus, so being from a fallen magus family would maybe make more sense than for it to be a mutation. And all siblings in anime have the same hair color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Flappy Bert posted:

The only apparent edge case out of SN/Z is just Gilles

Huh, I don't remember that from either F/SN nor F/HA. Where was Medusas catalyst mentioned? :confused:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Ryuunosuke used the blood of the kid's family that he slaughtered to make that summoning circle, so that might have something to do with it. Point being, the Grail chose an equally murderous Servant for him with the blood of innocents.

Bakanogami posted:

One thing I always wondered about Ryunosuke- he's got orange/red hair, is presumably a Fuyuki native, and isn't a proper magus but his family probably used to be, judging by the book with the summoning ritual he found in his family's storehouse. And while he isn't a magus he at least has enough magic circuits to summon a servant, and the presence of magic circuits is supposed to be rare among normal people in the first place.

Did we ever find out what Shirou's birth family name was before he changed it to Emiya? Was he related to Ryunosuke? His circuits are lovely but the number is actually above average for a magus, so being from a fallen magus family would maybe make more sense than for it to be a mutation. And all siblings in anime have the same hair color.

Nope. It's not an uncommon theory, but there's nothing else in the text that suggests Ryuunosuke and Shirou are related to each other and nothing else in other Fate stuff outside of Zero implies it as far as I know.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Feb 24, 2019

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Artists generally appreciate it if you source their art instead of just dropping an unattributed image

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

even the official fgo site doesn't credit them lmao

https://twitter.com/rnephistopheles/status/1099526644270678016?s=19

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

That’s silly since the FB post lists the names of the winners in its announcement

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
im going on school camp for a few days for no additional pay because the school can just get the teachers to become fulltime babysitters
please don't delete poor me from ur friend lists when I've been inactive for a few days

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Feb 24, 2019

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

im going on school camp for a few days for no additional pay because the school can just get the teachers to become fulltime babysitters
please don't delete poor me from ur friend lists when I've been inactive for a few days

off w. your head

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
honestly its how i want to go at this juncture, even my death will be in honour of MARIE

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

NP5 Beddyboy :hai:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

One step ahead of you. :smug:

... don't have the fous to fully max him until next month, but still, close.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Get on my level.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
I want to roll for more Bedivere’s, but I really need to hold off until CCC. At the very least I’ll give Hijikata 1-2 attempts, but Kiara is my main target for the near future

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Argas posted:

Without a proper artifact as a catalyst it seems like the summoning system defaults to a servant suitable to the master's temperament and personality.

Pretty much. When lacking any sort of Catalyst to narrow down the Summoning, the Throne will just select whatever servant best syncs up with who you are as a person. Even with a Catalyst, if the Catalyst in question is linked to multiple potential servants such as the piece of the Round Table Kaira had, the Throne will still default to whichever of those Servants best meshes with the Summoner. Hence why Kaira, the pragmatic and morally questionable Necromancer who's a bit of a softy inside, ended up getting the rebellious and morally questionable Mordred instead of one of the more honorable and straight laced Knights of the Round Table.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Fate lore is really just Calvinball.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Grail noticed that Kairi was sorrowful for losing his daughter and gave him a son who wanted a dad

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Rorahusky posted:

Pretty much. When lacking any sort of Catalyst to narrow down the Summoning, the Throne will just select whatever servant best syncs up with who you are as a person. Even with a Catalyst, if the Catalyst in question is linked to multiple potential servants such as the piece of the Round Table Kaira had, the Throne will still default to whichever of those Servants best meshes with the Summoner. Hence why Kaira, the pragmatic and morally questionable Necromancer who's a bit of a softy inside, ended up getting the rebellious and morally questionable Mordred instead of one of the more honorable and straight laced Knights of the Round Table.

This makes sense, the first major servant the game gave me was lalter, who matches my personality perfectly and is destined to marry me.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The first SSR I got was Orion, what does that mean

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I got Altera as my first SSR so I think that means I am a good judge of civilizations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
My first SSR was Artoria Pendragon.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

My first SSR, I'm pretty sure, was Berserker Vlad, which I guess means I'm secretly amazing at knitting?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

My first SSR was Artoria Pendragon.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
The first SSR I rolled legit (no rerolls) was Tamamo, which means M I K O N

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Terper posted:

The first SSR I got was Orion, what does that mean

You will marry the bear.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
My first SSR was MHX, which means I am destined for comedySPACE ADVENTURES!

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

My first SSR was Kintoki.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

My first SSR was Jeanne. If we don't count her because I rerolled at the start, Vlad was the next one to show up.

I guess one way or another stakes are gonna figure heavily into my life at some point?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mine was Gilgamesh, although at the time I didn't appreciate just how freaking terrible the odds for SSRs are.

e:

a kitten posted:

O, hi Gil.

Got him, lancer Cu and another Martha on the first ten pull.

This poo poo is addictive, drat it.

So blase.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 24, 2019

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

mine was Jalter :getin:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Gloomy Rube posted:

I got Altera as my first SSR so I think that means I am a good judge of civilizations.

:same:

Second was Scathach for the record.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Regardless of how it actually turned out, Salter is the SR of my heart

Edit: might have been Jalter as my first 5 star

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sorting by acquisition is quite the trip down memory lane.

It also reminds me that I rolled a Tesla way back when and I was trying for someone else and he's level 12 still, apparently out of spite.

Edwhirl
Jul 27, 2007

Cats are the best.
First SSR was Cu Alter. Second was zerker Vlad, and third was Nightingale.

The latter two I don't use as much, even though I probably should.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

first SSR was Ozy, about two months after starting
first SR was Atalante, ignoring my starter Carmilla

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
my first JPN SSR was Dantes, which makes his current dominant position very satisfying

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
What if catalysts just change what banner you're summoning from? Like random catalysts gets you story banner, cheap yet thoughtful catalysts get you a rate-up banner, expensive one-of-a-kind gets you exclusive GSSR, and no catalyst gets you FP Summon?

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
First SSR?

Cuzilla

:getin:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Still riding high on that Waver roll one week into things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
My first SSR was Sanzang, followed immediately by Prilya.